MLS is the most powerful tool in U.S. real estate. Homes listed on the MLS sold faster and for 17% more than off-MLS homes, according to a Bright MLS study.
So, whether you are selling an apartment in Cincinnati or a single-family home in Cleveland, you need to be on the Ohio MLS to get top dollar for your property.
Only Realtors have access to the MLS. And to list you, they will charge a 3% listing agent commission. You will also have to pay the buyer agent another 2.5% to 3% in commission. Gosh… That’s thousands of dollars of your home equity.
But it’s 2023. Some of the best Flat Fee MLS Ohio services and For Sale By Owner websites will get you listed on the local MLS within 24 to 48 hours, and for just a few hundred dollars. You get the savings and you retain full control of your sale!
⚡ 4 Powerful FSBO Tips
- List on MLS in Ohio: MLS is the most powerful tool for home sellers. It gives you maximum exposure to home buyers and buyer agents. More exposure means more competition and a higher sale price for you.
- Price Your Home Competitively: Pricing your home right is probably the single most important factor in selling your Ohio home fast. Pricing too high means more days on market. Pricing low means multiple offers and a bidding war.
- Get Professional Photos: 90% of home buyers search for homes online. You are competing for clicks on Zillow and Houzeo. Get pro photos done – more clicks online means more showings and more offers!
- Offer a Competitive Buyer Agent Commission: We hate commissions. But you can make buyer agents work for you by paying them a commission. Check with local realtors what a competitive commission is in your area.
What is MLS in Real Estate?
MLS or the Multiple Listing System is a local database real estate agents use to list properties for sale. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS.
There are 15+ local MLS’ in Ohio. You must list your property only on your local Ohio MLS. Only then the local buyer agents will be able to find your listing.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS Ohio: Houzeo automatically assigns you the right local MLS for your property.
What are the Benefits of Listing on the MLS in OH?
There are 5 key benefits of being on the MLS.
- Max Exposure = Higher Sale Price: MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites. All that exposure means more competition for your property and a higher sale price. Listings on the MLS sold for 17% more than off-MLS listings – That’s thousands of dollars in your pocket!
- Marketing to Buyer Agents: 86% of home sales involve buyer agents who have access to the MLS. Thus, MLS is the most efficient way to market your house to buyer agents.
- Attracting More Buyer Agents: MLS’ allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission. Given that most transactions involve a buyer agent, this will allow you to attract top-dollar for your property.
- Faster Sale: Bright MLS found that listings on the MLS sell faster than those not on the MLS. This makes sense given all the extra exposure MLS provides.
- Getting Cash Offers: Almost all Ohio cash home buyers scour the MLS for properties. This includes iBuyers, investors, and home flippers.
Should I List on MLS with a Full-service Realtor in Ohio?
We do not recommend listing with a full-service Realtor in Ohio. The 3% listing agent commission a Realtor will charge you is too expensive. And the biggest benefit a Ohio Realtor provides is access to the MLS.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS services. You’ll be in control of your sale, and save thousands in commission.
⭐ Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is the only Flat Fee MLS service with 5-star ratings from thousands of home sellers!
How to Get an MLS Listing in Ohio Without a Realtor?
Only licensed real estate agents have access to Ohio MLS. There is no way to list on MLS without using an agent.
But you don’t have to pay thousands in commissions to get on this MLS. You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. It is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the Ohio real estate market.
You can get listed faster with high-tech FSBO sites like Houzeo than with a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
⚡ Register Now: You can start your listing for FREE and pick an MLS plan only when you’re ready!
Steps to List Your Home on the MLS
- Research to discover the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you.
- Purchase a Flat Fee MLS listing plan.
- Provide your property details.
- Attach professional photographs with your listing.
- Sign the listing agreement.
- Review the draft listing and get on the MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS Ohio Listing?
Flat Fee MLS is a type of listing service that lists your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. Unlike traditional Realtors, Flat Fee MLS listing services do not charge you a hefty commission of 3%.
Flat Fee MLS listings are typically known as “entry-only” listings or Flat Rate MLS listings. The broker or the company only helps the seller list on MLS for a flat fee. If you need additional help or services, you have to pay additional charges.
Here’s how you can get listed on the MLS in 4 steps:
- Find the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: Choose a Flat Fee MLS listing service to list your house on the local MLS. Several Flat Fee MLS companies are notorious for very high hidden fees. Research Flat Fee MLS listing services in Ohio before you choose one.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Most services offer a DIY Ohio MLS listing plan and a virtual full-service plan. In a virtual full-service plan, a licensed real estate broker provides all the assistance virtually.
- Provide Property Photos and Information: Attach good-quality pictures of your house. Opt for professional Ohio real estate photographers. Homes photographed professionally sell 32% faster. Also, professional photos make your listing more attractive and appealing. Remember, you’re competing for clicks online.
- Sign the Listing Agreement: You will be required to sign the listing agreement and complete Ohio’s seller disclosures. If everything is in order, the real estate broker will list your home within 24 to 48 hours!
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Ohio?
It depends on whether you’re working with a full-service or a Flat Fee MLS service like Houzeo.
A full-service agent generally charges you around 2%-3% commission. On the other hand, you can potentially save a lot by using a Flat Fee MLS listing service. Houzeo costs $349 for most home sellers.
Here’s how much a Flat Fee MLS By Owner listing costs:
- Upfront Flat Fee: This is the amount you’ll pay to get on the MLS. Typically it is between $300 and $500.
- Fees at Closing: Most Flat Fee MLS services will not charge any additional fee unless you are in a minimum service state.
- Hidden Charges: Many unscrupulous brokers will reel you in with a $99 listing. Beware – that’s just the start. You’ll be paying $500+ in hidden fees. A $50-yard sign will be sold you to for $135. Some brokers may demand extra charges at closing when it would be too late to do anything.
» SAVE: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the pricing page.
What are the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in OH?
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Ohio Team Results Realty||$299||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Ohio Property Group||$297||None||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|3. Chosen Real Estate||$449||None||❌||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|5. Flat Fee Realty||$199||0.1%-0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Group||$199||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. I Sold My House||$299||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
*Varies across states
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Ohio’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package is priced at $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 0.1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
2. Ohio Team Results Realty
Ohio Team Results Realty
Ohio Team Results offers multiple packages for Ohio homeowners.
- Showcase package – $299: This package offers a listing term of 6 months with max photos allowed by the MLS. You can make unlimited changes to your listing. You are provided with a yard sign.
- Premium package – $699: All services from the Showcase package + market analysis reports, access to home showings services and feedback, etc. are included in the package.
- Full-Service package – $999: All services from the Premium package + agent representation, negotiation, closing documents review, and electronic signature services. This package allows your property to be listed until sold.
- Full-Service package – $299 + 1% at Closing: This package is similar to the $999 Full Service package in terms of service. But instead of paying an upfront fee, this package allows you to pay only $299 for listing. A 1% commission is charged at closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Showcase package as it offers flat fee listing services suitable for people tight on budget.
Team Results Realty is one of the best options to get maximum market coverage for home sellers in Ohio.
- Market Exposure: Listing is syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and all the local Ohio MLS. Scott Marvin claims the average time to move from listing towards a contract with Team Results Realty is 25 days.
- Unlimited Changes: You can make unlimited changes to your listing in all their packages.
- Home Valuation: You get a CMA report which helps you price your house competitively. You also get professional support for negotiating offers.
In our research, we found no red flags with Team Results Realty. It provides stellar customer support to Ohio home sellers.
Ohio Team Results Realty has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Zillow & 4.5 out of 5 stars on Google.
» Team Results Realty Reviews: See what past sellers brag about the company.
Team Results is one of the best local Flat Fee MLS service providers in Ohio. Since 20 years, Scott Marvin and Terry Carter have helped home sellers get top dollar rates for their properties. They offer stellar customer support.
All Flat Fee MLS plans offered by Team Results provide maximum number of photos to be uploaded allowed by the MLS. As per RubyHome, maximum photos make your house stand out seemingly and reduce its days on market.
3. Ohio Property Group
Ohio Property Group
Ohio Property Group has 3 different packages for home sellers.
- Silver Package – $297: This package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos. All seller disclosure forms are provided. You are allowed to make unlimited changes and free cancelation with no penalty.
- Gold Package – $597: All services from the Silver package + access to home showings & feedback app, all offer/counteroffer forms, and complete offer review. This package offers a listing term of 6 months and max photos allowed by the MLS.
- Platinum Package – $997: List your house until sold and upload maximum photos on the MLS. You get all the services from the above packages + market price analysis and closing coordination.
Listing Upgrades: It offers rush service for $20, which allows you to make changes to your listings directly without a Realtor.
👉 Our Take: We recommend their Silver package as it offers multiple services a typical home seller would look for.
» Glen Whitten Ohio Property Group LLC: Glen Whitten and his team have 5 star ratings on Houzeo.
Ohio Property Group offers unlimited changes and free cancellations at no hidden costs. Other highlights are:
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and 200 other local websites. Ohio Property Group provides services in the entire Ohio state.
- Good on Tech: Ohio Property Group is a 100% online platform. Therefore, your listing goes live in 24 to 48 hours after providing your listing details.
- Special Discount: They provide a 10% discount on all their packages for everyday heroes (Military personnel, Firefighters, Medical workers, Teachers, and Law Enforcers).
In our research, we found no red flags with Ohio Property Group. Glen Whitten has a stellar reputation in Ohio for selling homes and a good customer support team.
Ohio Property Group LLC has 5 out of 5 stars from 27 total reviews on Houzeo.
» Ohio Property Group Reviews: Read what past home sellers have to say about Glen Whitten and his company.
Ohio Property Group LLC founded in 2003, is a well-established Flat Fee MLS listing company. It offers reasonably priced packages. For 20 years Glen Whitten has been serving home sellers in Ohio proactively with superior customer reviews.
It charges $20 as ‘rush’ service fee for home sellers who want to make fast changes in their listings.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near Me
Local ohio Flat Fee MLS listing services will provide packages for listing your home on the local MLS for a flat fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Cincinnati: Cincinnati, Ohio Flat Fee MLS listing providers maximize your home’s exposure & have the local market expertise. The fixed fee MLS rate in Cincinnati ranges between $149 to $999.
- Flat Fee MLS Cleveland: Cleveland Flat Fee MLS listing services give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. The fixed fee MLS rate is between $199 and $999.
My Responsibilities with a OH Flat Fee MLS Listing Service
With a Flat Fee MLS “only” listing, you are essentially your own agent. From showings to negotiations, you control everything. Here are a few tips to ensure a smooth listing process with a Flat Fee MLS company:
- Provide Accurate Information: While listing your property yourself, be sure to provide accurate information.
- Use Own Photos: Make sure you own the copyright for the photos you upload. You can either click the photos yourself or hire a professional real estate photographer.
- Ensure MLS Listing Status is Updated Promptly: Mark your listing as “Sale Pending” within 24 hours (or sooner) after accepting an offer. Provide executed documents, promptly. MLS fines can absolutely ruin your day.
- Ensure “Active” Listings are Available for Showings: If a listing is “Active” on the MLS, make sure it’s available for showing. When you go live on the MLS, ensure you’re ready to show your property.
How to Get on MLS for Free?
You can list on the MLS without a full-service agent, but it is never going to be free.
Home sellers can list on the For Sale By Owner websites that provide nationwide coverage for free. But the exposure offered will not be as efficient as MLS. Because homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for 17% more.
This is where Houzeo can help!
Houzeo offers affordable MLS listing services. Your listing gets syndicated to 100+ real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and others. This guarantees maximum exposure.
How Long Does it Take to List a House on Ohio MLS?
It takes about 2 days to make an MLS listing live after submitting all the paperwork and listing contract.
Most Ohio Flat Fee MLS services forward the order to local real estate brokers. The broker then sends you the paperwork that you have to complete manually. Your listing goes live within 2 days of submission.
Houzeo instantly assigns you the right paperwork based on your location and region. And it is all digital. After you have submitted all the documents, your ohio home will be listed within 24 hours, in most cases even sooner!
How Does a Flat Fee MLS Ohio Listing Save You Money?
Traditional listing agents charge about 3% listing commission. Flat Fee MLS Ohio listing services charge you a flat fee of about $300 to $500, saving you thousands in commission.
You only have to pay the buyer agent commission if you sell to a represented buyer. You keep the entire sale amount if you find an unrepresented buyer.
86% of buyers are represented by an agent. We recommend you offer a competitive buyer agent commission to get top dollar for your property.
|Listing Agent Commission||3%||$349 flat fee|
|Buyer’s Agent Commission||2.5% – 3%||0-3%|
|Total Commission||5.5% – 6%||2.5%*|
Apart from real estate agents in Ohio and Flat Fee MLS companies, here are the other ways to list your home:
- Take the FSBO Route: In an FSBO sale, you won’t be marketing your property in traditional ways available with Realtors. Instead, you will DIY your marketing strategy using for sale by owner yard signs and For Sale By Owner websites. The best FSBO sites in Ohio are Craigslist, Zillow, and ForSaleByOwner.com.
- Opt for a Discount Real Estate Broker: Work with a Ohio discount real estate broker if you want to list on the MLS without paying a 3% commission. Along with an MLS listing, discount brokers offer all services offered by traditional brokers, but for discounted rates. Some discount brokers worth mentioning are Homie and Houwzer.
Getting on the MLS is the best way to market your house to buyer agents. Houses listed on the MLS sell faster and for more. Only licensed real estate agents can get you on the MLS but they charge you a 3% agent commission.
List with Flat Fee real estate companies like Houzeo to bypass the hefty listing commission.
With Houzeo you get:
- An MLS listing within 48 hours
- Maximum exposure
- 5-star customer support team to assist you
All of this and more, just for a small flat fee of $349.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
FAQs on How to List on MLS Without a Realtor in Ohio
1. Can a private seller list on Ohio MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents can list on Ohio MLS. However, private sellers can work with a Flat Fee service to get on the MLS without paying the 3% listing agent commissions. Check out our rankings for the top Flat Fee MLS services that will save thousands in commissions and get you on the MLS within 48 hours.
2. What does it cost to list on Ohio MLS?
It depends on whom you are working with. Traditional Realtors charge 2.5% to 3% commission to list a house on the local MLS. On the other hand, a low-commission broker will charge you around 2% commission for an MLS listing. The best option would be to work with a Flat Fee MLS Ohio company. They will get you listed for $300 to $400. Check out Houzeo's Flat Fee MLS plans that will save thousands in commissions.
3. Can anyone list a house on Ohio MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents can list houses on the Ohio MLS. As a For Sale By Owner seller, you can work with Flat Fee services that offer entry-only listings. Unlike traditional realtors, they do not charge a 3% commission. Check out the best Flat Fee services near you.
4. When do MLS listings go live?
Depending on the agent or the listing service you work with, it can take up to 2 business days to make your listing live. With Houzeo’s fast listing service, you can get listed within a few hours. Discover how Houzeo works.
5. Is listing on Ohio MLS worth it?
Yes, listing on the Ohio MLS is completely worth it. Your listing gets syndicated to various local Ohio real estate websites which guarantee maximum exposure and more offers for your home. As per a study, homes listed on the MLS sell for 25% more than the asking price. Check out our in-depth research on the benefits of an MLS listing.