From Renaissance Park to Magnolia Hill, Raleigh home sellers dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home in Raleigh.
Our list of the best discount realtors in Raleigh will assist you in identifying the best one for your next real estate transaction.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% to 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Raleigh, NC
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Smart Choice Realty||$1000 Flat Fee |
or 1% commission
|3.||Flat Fee Realty||1% commission |
or $3000 at close
|4.||Ideal Agent||2% |
of sale price
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Raleigh, NC
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is America’s #1 ranked Flat Fee service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze Package is priced at $99+, the Silver package is priced at $379+, and the Gold at $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing. Sellers can ask for the full-service Platinum package which costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
2. Smart Choice Realty
Smart Choice Realty
Smart Choice Realty is a discount realtor based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- $1000 Flat Fee or 1% Commission at closing: If you sell and buy a property through Smart Choice Realty, they list their house for a flat fee of $1,000. However, if you only sell your house, you have to pay a 1% commission. The package includes 30 professional photos, MLS listing, home evaluation, yard sign, lockbox, offer reviews, negotiation, and more.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Smart Choice Realty for their professionalism and outstanding customer service. Simple Choice Realty has helped home sellers and buyers close quickly.
You have the following advantages if you sell or buy with Smart Choice Realty.
- Home Valuation and Property Analysis: They analyze your property condition and recommend repairs and improvements to sell your home for the best price.
- Market Exposure: Your home will be featured on 400+ websites including Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia & more.
- Excellent Customer Service: Home sellers and buyers have praised Smart Choice Realty’s 5-star customer service.
In our research, we found no deal breakers associated with Smart Choice Realty.
Smart Choice Realty has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars (from 139 reviews) on Google.
Smart Choice Realty is a good option if you wish to buy and sell at the same time. They analyze your property condition and recommend repairs and improvements to sell your home for the best price.
Smart Choice Realty’s 5-star customer service has been appreciated by both home buyers and sellers.
3. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state. The listing agent also retains a small percentage of the buyer broker’s commission.
- Common services included in the flat fee package are a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: If you want to make changes to your listing photos, you must purchase upgrades separately. You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos. They do not offer any services to home buyers.
Flat Fee Realty is a decent option if you are looking for a low-cost real estate brokerage.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to the local MLS and other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Full Representation: Flat Fee Realty offers a full representation of your property to enable you to sell your home fast.
- Custom Home Search: You can save your home search preferences on their website. Later you can just view homes matching your description as they become available.
In our research, we have found some red flags associated with Flat Fee Realty.
- Low on Tech: Flat Fee Realty is not 100% online. Some of the processes are carried out manually. Your listing might get delayed.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- No Buyer Support: Flat Fee Realty isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
No credible reviews are found.
Flat Fee Realty offers MLS listing packages as low as 1%. Your listing gets syndicated to the local NC MLS and other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
However, Flat Fee Realty is low on tech. Some of the processes are carried out manually. Your listing process might get delayed.
4. Ideal Agent
GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE
Ideal Agent is among the top discount brokerages. It is an agent matching service that specializes in home selling.
- Full Service – 2% Commission: The full-service package will get you all the services from start to end. This includes professional photos, negotiation, and closing assistance.
👉 Our Take: Ideal Agent is a good choice for home sellers. Although their overall online reviews are good, they are often inconsistent while matching agents with clients. They have no services for home buyers.
» What is Ideal Agent: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to know more about them.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that helps sellers find low commission real estate agents.
- Agent Matching: They claim that you will be matched with an agent from the top 1% producers in your locality.
- Pre-Negotiated Commission: Ideal Agent has pre-negotiated the commission with their agents. This allows sellers to focus on the other aspects of the transaction.
- Profit Maximization: Your agent will leverage the best features of your house and help maximize your sale profits.
- Dedicated Concierge: Their agents guide you in every step of the transaction from marketing, to negotiation assistance, and closing.
» How does Ideal Agent work: Here is a detailed explanation about them. Check it out!!
Ideal Agent has some drawbacks we came across in our research.
- Low Savings: Ideal Agent charges more than most low-commission companies, compromising your savings. You will be paying a total commission of 4.5% – 5% even with discounted listing fees.
- Additional Referral Fees: Ideal agent fees includes a 25% referral fee from real estate agents after successful transactions. Since you pay the agent, these fees are essentially going from your pocket.
- Outdated Technology: Their agent matching algorithm is inconsistent. Several customers complain about being assigned sub-par agents.
- No Buyer Support: Ideal Agent isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
Ideal Agent has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 5,727 reviews on TrustPilot.
» Ideal Agent Reviews: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to make an informed decision.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that bridges sellers and buyers with licensed real estate agents in their locality.
They offer a dedicated concierge but have weak technology. Customers who have worked with them prior have complained about hidden charges as well.
GOOD ADD-ON FEATURES
Trelora is a full-service realty that offers services at discounted rates to home sellers. They strive to modernize home ownership through the use of technology.
For Home Sellers:
Trelora offers two listing packages for sellers:
- Trelora EasySell – $2,500: This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app where sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service – 1% Commission: This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1% of the sale price at closing.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: With Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $2,500 by bundling mortgage and title.
Coverage: Trelora offers services only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trelora EasySell for the use of the mobile app which ensures an easier process.
Trelora was founded in 2011, it is a well-regarded low commission real estate brokerage. The firm has a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
- Good Add-On Features: They offer add-on features like listing consultation, professional photography, and negotiation assistance.
- Good Technology: Their software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and straightforward. However, not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
» What is Trelora? Check this out before choosing them.
Trelora has drawbacks you should know about before you venture with them.
- Multiple Agents Assistance: Trelora agents handle multiple clients to save on operating costs. Different low-cost real estate agents assist you at every sale stage leading to miscommunication.
- Poor Customer Support: Customers who have worked with them previously have complained about poor customer service quality.
Trelora has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 482 reviews on Zillow.
» Trelora Reviews: Check out the customer reviews that can help you know more about Trelora.
Trelora is a low commission brokerage headquartered in Denver, CO.
They offer low commissions and rely heavily on their team to serve a high volume of clients. Their services might lack personalization.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5 to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers in Raleigh, NC typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with a discount broker is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
2. Technology: Choose companies that use cutting-edge technology, offer online paperwork, and have a mobile app.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers in Raleigh, NC pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price. For example, Trelora offers up to $2,500 as a buyer rebate if you bundle the mortgage and title.
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Raleigh, NC
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Raleigh, NC
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Raleigh companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Raleigh and other North Carolina markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Raleigh.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Raleigh make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in North Carolina and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in North Carolina: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions About Discount Real Estate Brokers In Raleigh
Is Raleigh NC good for real estate?
Yes, Raleigh real estate market in North Carolina is one of the most competitive cities for real estate transactions. It is a favorable location to move for families, students, old people, etc.
Is Raleigh NC a buyers or sellers market?
According to Norada, a real estate investment company, Raleigh is a sellers market .
How much do real estate agents make in Raleigh, NC?
PayScale, a known data company found that the average salary of a real estate broker is $67,453. This salary is influenced by various factors such as location, level of experience, and condition of the company.
Will house prices go down in Raleigh, NC?
Since Raleigh is a competitive market, the prices won't decrease in the immediate future but they may become affordable.
Related: discount realty, Raleigh reality, Raleigh real estate, discount real estate agents, MLS Raleigh NC, discount brokerage real estate, Raleigh MLS, realtors in Raleigh NC, low commission realtors near me, discount real estate brokerDiscount Real Estate Brokers North Carolina Raleigh