» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
Orange County is one of the most expensive real estate markets in Southern California, with a median price of $975K even as the market is cooling down. Whether you want to sell a house or buy your dream house, discount realtors in Orange County, CA, who charge low commissions, can help you save money!
Here are the top discount real estate brokers in Orange County!
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Orange County, CA
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
|2.||CA Flat Fee||$5000 |
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Orange County, CA
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. CA Flat Fee
🏆 GREAT LOCAL EXPOSURE
CA Flat Fee
Why CA Flat Fee is #2?
CA Flat Fee is a full-service flat fee real estate broker that operates in select counties in California. The low-cost real estate brokerage provides everything from listing on MLS to coordination with Title and Escrow professionals.
CA Flat Fee for Homesellers
- Flat Fee: Homesellers with CA Flat Fee only have to pay $5000 as commissions. This is in stark contrast to the standard 6% commission CA Flat Fee’s pricing therefore is especially favorable if you are looking to sell a property with a high valuation.
- Full-Time Agent Representation: With CA Flat Fee an agent will be present with you throughout your home selling experience, as opposed to a team of professionals who only work with you when required in the process. The former makes the experience for sellers much more personalized.
- Full-Service: Full Service with CA Flat Fee means that you will be provided not only the listing of your house on MLS, but also professional photography services, home staging services, the opportunity for negotiation with buyers, and more.
CA Flat Fee for Homebuyers
- Local Expertise: CA Flat Fee prides itself on having realtors who are based in California, and who therefore are in a position of providing local expertise. Homebuyers can therefore avail crucial insights into a property that they may otherwise not get.
- Full Service: CA Flat Fee guarantees homebuyers that they will be provided with guidance right from the stage of first viewing a property to the final stage of closing the deal.
👉 Our Take: CA Flat Fee is one of the best options you have when looking for a discount real estate brokerage in California. The flat fee model along with full-service assistance and local expertise is what makes them stand out.
» How to Sell a House in California: Click here to find all you need to know about selling a house in California.
- Full service at a fixed rate.
- Great local exposure for sellers in California.
- Well-Informed & Qualified Agents.
- The fixed rate may be costly for inexpensive properties.
- More profitable for expensive properties.
CA Flat Fee has a rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
CA Flat Fee provides service in select regions in California.
GOOD ADD-ON FEATURES
Trelora offers two listing packages for sellers.
- Trelora EasySell – $2,500: This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app where sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service – 1.5% Commission: This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1.5% of the listing price.
Coverage: Trelora offers services only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trelora EasySell for the use of the mobile app which ensures an easier process.
Trelora was founded in 2011, it is a well-regarded low commission real estate brokerage. The firm has a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
- Good Add-On Features: They offer add-on features like listing consultation, professional photography, and negotiation assistance.
- Good Technology: Their software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and straightforward, though not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
- Buyer’s Refund: With Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $3,000.
Trelora has drawbacks you should know about before you venture with them.
- Multiple Agents Assistance: Trelora agents handle multiple clients to save on operating costs. Different low-cost real estate agents assist you at every sale stage leading to miscommunication.
- Poor Customer Support: Customers who have worked with them previously have complained about poor customer service quality.
Trelora has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 132 reviews on Yelp.
» Trelora Reviews: Check out the customer reviews that can help you know more about Trelora.
⛔ RESTRICTED COVERAGE
Prevu is a full-service low commission brokerage based in New York that aims to change the old-school ways of the real estate market.
Prevu for Home Sellers
- Listing Fee: Prevu charges a lower commission of 1.5% of the sale price for selling a house.
- Package Fee: Prevu’s 1.5% full-service package includes various features like home valuation, 3D virtual tours, open houses, professional photographs, listing on MLS, and social ad campaigns.
- Closing Costs Calculator: Sellers in NYC can get an estimate of their closing costs by using Prevu’s Closing Costs Calculator.
Prevu for Home Buyers
- Smart Buyer’s Platform: Prevu’s technology allows buyers to search for homes, communicate with their agents online, schedule showings, and make an offer.
- Smart Buyer Commission Rebate: Buyers who purchase a house with Prevu get two-thirds of the commission that Prevu receives from the seller.
- Mortgage Calculator & Closing Costs Calculator: Prevu’s Mortgage Calculator allows buyers to get an estimate of their monthly mortgage payments. The Closing Costs Calculator is only available for buyers in NYC.
👉 Our Take: Though Prevu’s listing price is lesser than traditional realtor commission, it is still higher than other low commission real estate companies.
- Qualified agents
- Buyer rebate
- The listing fee can be variable as per the location, which means limited savings
- Inconsistent and limited agent matching
- Compromise on quality because of less number of agents
- Limited coverage
Prevu has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
Prevu is available in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents in Orange County, CA, who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional real estate brokers. Some flat rate or low commission realtors in Orange County offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they include all the features required to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in Orange County, CA, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Orange County, CA
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||CA Flat Fee|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Prevu|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Orange County.
|Traditional Agent |
» Seller Closing Costs Calculator in California: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Similarly, approaching a discount realty in Orange County, CA, that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs Calculator in California: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$399||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|GOLD||$499||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|PLATINUM||$399||Plus 0.75% due at closing. 1-year listing, maximum number of photos, virtual full-service with everything you require to sell the property. Unlimited term and changes included! No hidden costs at closing.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount realtors in Orange County do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
The Orange County real estate market is a seller’s market. This means that there are more buyers in the market than sellers. However, as the competition between buyers is reducing, home prices are declining. Experts have predicted that this trend will continue well into the next year.
Discount real estate brokers in Orange County can help sellers get the best price for their homes and save thousands in commission, improving profits. Likewise, low commission realtors can help buyers take a step closer to their dream house without burning a hole in their pocket.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offers 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Additionally, Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell their property in Orange County without paying high commissions.
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions About Discount Real Estate Brokers in Orange County
Who pays closing costs in Orange County CA?
Both, the seller and buyer share the burden of closing costs in Orange County, CA. The seller usually pays 5-9% of the sales price as the closing cost, while the buyer contributes 2-3%.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Orange County?
CA Flat Fee, Houzeo.com, and Prevu are the top discount real estate brokers in Orange County.
What is the real estate commission percentage in Orange County?
Most traditional real estate agents in Orange County, CA, charge 5-6% of the sales price as commission. Discount real estate brokers, on the other hand, charge 3-4% of the sales price as commission.
Related: flat fee real estate brokerages, discount agent, discount listing. discount listing agent, discount real estate companies, discount real estate services, flat fee real estate brokerage, orange county real estate companies, orange county multiple listing service, discounted real estate brokers, is homelight legitimateUncategorized