The 30-year fixed mortgage rate is on a downward trend since its highest at 7.14% in October 2023. Over 28% of homes were sold above the list price in Q4 of 2023 indicating that home buyers are back.
Additionally, the number of houses sold rose to 362,410. So sell your house now because buyers are scampering to buy before the mortgage rate increases again.
Choosing the right strategy to sell fast is crucial, whether listing on the MLS or selling for cash. Your goal should be to minimize days on the market without losing thousands in your hard-earned equity.
3 Powerful Tips to Sell Fast 🚀
- An MLS listing provides maximum exposure and competitive offers. It is the fastest way to showcase your house to thousands of buyers.
- FSBO websites empower you to sell your home yourself without the hassle of any real estate agents. Most FSBO homes sell in just 2 weeks.
- In September 2023, 34.1% homes sold for cash, the highest ever since 2014. Cash buyers offer only 50% to 70% of market value.
4 Ways to Sell Your Home Fast
Here are 4 ways you can sell your house quickly:
1. List on MLS
The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) can get you top dollar for your property. According to Bright MLS, you can sell your house fast and for 17.5% more than off-market homes if you list it on the MLS.
A Flat Fee MLS listing typically costs about $399, and your listing will be live on the platform in 24 hours.
2. Sell to a “We Buy Houses for Cash” Company
“We Buy Homes for Cash” companies give you instant cash offers and typically close within 10 to 15 days. They allow you to sell your house as is, and save you thousands of dollars in repair costs.
However, these companies give you only 30% to 70% of your home’s market value.
3. List With a Realtor
Realtors have the expertise to sell your property fast. They help you conduct showings, negotiate offers, and complete all the paperwork until closing. In exchange, you pay them a steep 5% to 6% of the home sale price as a commission.
4. Sell For Sale By Owner
FSBO websites let you list your property without paying any commission. However, you must conduct market research, advertise your property, and draw up an FSBO contract yourself. Moreover, you may not be able to sell your home quickly due to zero MLS exposure.
- iBuyers May Snatch Your Equity: While once a viable option, iBuyers have now either shut down or suffered massive financial losses. Our analysis suggests that iBuyers will offer much less than FMV for your home in 2024.
Fastest Selling Home Styles
Home styles are diverse and resonate with buyers looking for their perfect home. Your home has a better chance of selling fast if it is of these styles.
These are the home types that took the least days to get sold. Additionally, the homes that sold the fastest for the highest median price.
1. Lowest Days on the Market
Homes that spend the least amount of days on the market are:
- Mid-Century Modern Homes: These stylish and functional homes average only 31 days on the market in towns and cities.
- Cape Cod Homes: Known for their charming simplicity and affordability, Cape Cod homes typically spend 47 days on the market.
- Bungalows: They average 48 days on the market, and appeal to first-time buyers who seek low-maintenance living.
2. Lowest Days and Highest Median Price
- Starter Homes: In cities, smaller and basic homes sell quickly due to high demand from first-time buyers. Their average price was around $243,000.
- Properties with Unique Features: Unique features like waterfront views, swimming pools, treehouses, and hidden rooms sell fast above $400,000.
- Energy-Efficient Homes: Eco-friendly and high energy-efficient homes are desirable due to rising energy costs. They average around $348,000.
6 Tips on How to Sell a House Faster
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you sell your home faster:
1. Pick the Right Time to Sell
It’s important to choose the right time to get your house sold faster. In a buyer’s market, homes take longer to sell. On the other hand, homes sell faster and for a higher asking price in a seller’s market.
» Real Estate Housing Market: Read what 2024 has in store!
2. Hire a Professional Home Stager
Home staging largely involves cleaning, rearranging, and renting furniture. It also uses other aesthetic tactics to make your home visually appealing. A staged home can get you 1% to 5% more than the asking price.
3. Improve Curb Appeal
It’s advisable to enhance the exterior of a home through design elements, upgrades, and maintenance efforts. Curb appeal also helps to increase your property’s value.
4. Offer to Pay Repair Costs
If your property has minor damages, you can repair them before accepting an offer. This saves you time on negotiations and helps you sell your home fast. Alternatively, you can sell your house “as-is” to cash buyers and skip repair costs altogether.
5. Offer Seller Credit
Seller credit is a buyer’s closing cost that you offer to pay as an incentive. It could cost you an additional 4% to 5% of the final price of your house. Although this closing cost is significant, it helps you sell your home quickly.
6. Offer Flexible Move-in and Move-out Dates
If you or your tenant are occupying the property, ensure that you’re ready to move out as soon as possible. If you’re flexible on your move-out date, you can offer the buyers a flexible move-in date. This will help you close the deal in a short time.
What to Avoid When Selling My House Fast?
Methods like a short sale or auction help you sell your house, but not quickly. The time these methods take to close ranges between a few days to a few months.
- Short Sale: In a short sale, the lender agrees to the home sale to recover their outstanding mortgage. This process can take up to 6 months to close.
- Auction: You have zero control over your home sale in an auction, and it fetches less than its market value. Moreover, no MLS exposure can translate to a longer selling duration.
To avoid real estate pitfalls and rookie seller mistakes, subscribe to our newsletter. Additionally get expert tips to speed up your home sale directly in your inbox.
Top 3 Companies to Sell Your House Fast
- Houzeo.com: Houzeo is America’s most advanced real estate marketplace. If you list on Houzeo, your listing gets exposed to all potential buyers via the MLS. This makes it the best option to sell your house fast for multiple offers.
- Opendoor: You can close your home’s sale in 10 to 15 days. However, Opendoor’s service fees can be as high as 5% of your home’s sale price.
- Cash Home Buyers: They make free, no-obligation cash offers within 2 days. However, you’ll probably get only 70% of your property’s Fair Market Value.
Sell My House Fast Near Me
How Do I Sell My House Fast?
The fastest way to sell your home for full price is to list it on the MLS. This provides you with maximum exposure and multiple offers. You can close the deal on your terms, whether you decide on a quick house sale or wait for better offers.
However, you must hire an agent and may pay nearly $24,000 in commission to get on the MLS. But with Houzeo, you skip the listing agent commission. Instead, you pay a one-time flat fee for MLS access.
Check out how Houzeo works in this video:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Reviews: See how Houzeo home sellers save thousands with Houzeo technology and MLS exposure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I sell my house fast?
You can sell your house fast for full price by listing on the MLS. A flat-fee MLS listing service like Houzeo will help you save 2% to 3% in listing agent commissions as well. If you're comfortable losing up to 50% of your equity, you can sell to cash home buyers.
What is the most profitable way to sell my house?
A MLS listing allows you to sell your house for 100% of its Fair Market Value. In some cases you can even sell for more than the FMV if your house appeals to more buyers.
How can I sell my house easily?
The easiest way to sell your house is by using a 100% online service available on the phone as an app. With the Houzeo mobile app you can sell your house fast and easy while sitting on your couch.