The median home sale price in Connecticut is at an all-time high of $380,400. Moreover, 56.2% of homes sold above their list price. And the average days on the market reduced from 52 in February to just 39 days in December 2023.
What does this mean for you? Well, you could get a higher home sale price quickly. But only if you get your Connecticut home on the market NOW!
A flat fee MLS listing on Houzeo can get you on the MLS in less than 24 hours without the listing agent fee. You could also get offers from multiple cash home buyers like Opendoor and WeBuyHouses. So, what are you waiting for?
3 Powerful Tips to Sell Fast 🚀
- An MLS listing provides maximum exposure and competitive offers. It is the fastest way to showcase your house to thousands of buyers.
- FSBO websites empower you to sell your home yourself without the hassle of any real estate agents. Most FSBO homes sell in just 2 weeks.
- In September 2023, 34.1% homes sold for cash, the highest ever since 2014. Cash buyers offer only 50% to 70% of market value.
4 Ways to Sell Your Home Fast in Connecticut
Here are 4 ways you can sell your house quickly in Connecticut:
1. List on MLS
The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) can get you top dollar for your property. According to Bright MLS, you can sell your house fast and for 17.5% more than off-market homes if you list it on the MLS.
A Flat Fee MLS listing service in Connecticut typically costs about $399, and your listing will be live on the platform in 24 hours.
2. Sell to a “We Buy Houses for Cash” Company
“We Buy Homes for Cash” companies give you instant cash offers and typically close within 10 to 15 days. They allow you to sell your house as is in Connecticut, and save you thousands of dollars in repair costs.
However, these companies give you only 30% to 70% of your home’s market value.
3. List With a Realtor
Realtors in Connecticut have the expertise to sell your property fast. They help you conduct showings, negotiate offers, and complete all the paperwork until closing. In exchange, you pay them a steep 5% to 6% of the home sale price as a commission.
4. Sell For Sale By Owner
FSBO websites in Connecticut let you list your property without paying any commission. However, you need to conduct market research, advertise your property, and draw up a FSBO contract yourself. Moreover, you may not be able to sell your home quickly due to zero MLS exposure.
- 🚨iBuyers May Drain Your Equity: While once a viable option, iBuyers have now either shut down or suffered massive financial losses. Our analysis suggests that iBuyers will offer much less than Fair Market Value for your home in 2024.
6 Tips on How to Sell a House Faster in CT
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you sell your home faster:
1. Pick the Right Time to Sell
It’s important to choose the right time to get your house sold faster. In a buyer’s market, homes take longer to sell. On the other hand, homes sell faster and for a higher asking price in a seller’s market.
» Connecticut Real Estate Market: Read what 2024 has in store for the Constitution State!
2. Hire a Professional Home Stager
Home staging largely involves cleaning, rearranging, and renting furniture. It also uses other aesthetic tactics to make your home visually appealing. A staged home can get you 1% to 5% more money than the asking price.
3. Improve Curb Appeal
It’s advisable to enhance the exterior of a home through design elements, upgrades, and maintenance efforts. Curb appeal also helps to increase your property’s value.
4. Offer to Pay Repair Costs
If your property has minor damages, you can repair them before accepting an offer. This saves you time on negotiations and helps you sell your home fast. Alternatively, you can sell your house “as-is” to cash buyers and skip repair costs altogether.
5. Offer Seller Credit
Seller credit is a buyer’s closing cost that you offer to pay as an incentive. It could cost you an additional 4% to 5% of the final price of your house. Although this Connecticut closing cost is significant, it helps you sell your home quickly.
6. Offer Flexible Move-in and Move-out Dates
If you or your tenant are occupying the property, ensure that you’re ready to move out as soon as possible. If you’re flexible on your move-out, you can offer the buyers a flexible move-in date. This will help you close the deal in a short time.
» Burying a Saint Joseph Statue: Is It Worth Trying to Sell Your House Fast?
What to Avoid When Selling My House Fast in Connecticut?
Methods like a short sale or auction help you sell your house, but not quickly. The time these methods take to close ranges between a few days to a few months.
- Short Sale: In a short sale, the lender agrees to the home sale to recover their outstanding mortgage. This process can take up to 6 months to close.
- Auction: You have zero control over your home sale in an auction, and it fetches less than its market value. Moreover, no MLS exposure can translate to a longer selling duration.
It’s easy to sell your house fast without any pitfalls! Subscribe to our newsletter for expert tips to speed up your Connecticut home sale.
Top 3 Companies to Sell Your House Fast in Connecticut
- Houzeo.com: Houzeo is America’s most advanced real estate marketplace. If you list on Houzeo, your listing gets exposed to all potential buyers via the MLS. This makes it the best option to sell your house fast for multiple offers.
- Opendoor: You can close on your home’s sale in 10 to 15 days. However, Opendoor’s service fees can be as high as 5% of your home’s sale price.
- Connecticut Cash Home Buyers: They make free, no-obligation cash offers within 2 days. However, you’ll probably get only 70% of your property’s Fair Market Value.
How Do I Sell My House Fast in Connecticut?
The fastest way to sell your home for full price is to list it on MLS in Connecticut. This provides you with maximum exposure and multiple offers. You can close the deal on your terms, whether you decide on a quick house sale or wait for better offers.
However, you have to hire an agent and pay a 6% commission to get on the MLS. But with Houzeo, you skip the listing agent commission. Instead, you pay a one-time flat fee for an MLS listing to list your house.
Check out how Houzeo works in this video:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Reviews: See how Houzeo home sellers save thousands with Houzeo technology and MLS exposure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fastest way to sell my house in Connecticut?
The fastest way to sell a house is by listing it on Houzeo. An MLS listing via Houzeo will get you maximum exposure to home buyers, including cash buyers. List now!
How fast can I sell my house in Connecticut?
You can sell your house quickly in Connecticut within 2 to 3 weeks if you list it on MLS and mark your property as "cash only." That way, cash home buyers can offer instant cash for your home and help you sell fast.