House Heroes is a Florida house buyer that makes cash offers on homes as-is. They provide quick closing timelines for sellers who don’t have money or time to spare.
However, househeroes.com’s offerings aren’t as straightforward as they seem. You may have to settle for an extremely lowball offer for your property.
Let’s look at House Heroes reviews and their alternatives to help you evaluate the best option for your distressed property!
- Pros: You can offload your distressed property easily with House Heroes. Unlike iBuyers, they don’t have strict eligibility criteria.
- Cons: House Heroes typically purchases homes for 50% to 70% of their Fair Market Value (FMV). You cannot negotiate a higher offer and have to lose out on your equity.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend House Heroes. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. House Heroes.
What is House Heroes?
House Heroes is a company offering cash for homes. They buy houses as is, repair the properties, and sell them for a profit.
House Heroes claims that if you sell your property with them they will give you a cash offer in 24 hours. So, you save on repairs, showings, and commissions.
👉 Find Your Property’s Market Value: Review local housing sales data and determine the FMV of your property before requesting a cash offer from House Heroes.
House Heroes vs. Houzeo
Selling your house to House Heroes seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.9 stars (52 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||7 to 45 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what others have to say about Houzeo.
House Heroes: Pros and Cons
House Heroes is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ House Heroes Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how House Heroes matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases houses as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Fast Cash Offer: House Heroes is known for extending cash offer with 24 hours. So, you can get quick cash in hand if you’re in a hurry.
- Quick Closing: House Heroes reviews say they close in 7-45 days. They also have a flexible timeline and can close on a date suitable to you.
- No Service Fees: This cash buyer doesn’t charge any service fee when you sell your house to them. You save money while enjoying the convenience of a quick sale.
⛔ House Heroes Cons
House Heroes complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: Your cash offer could be just 50% to 70% of your home’s market value.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like House Heroes, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: House Heroes only offers cash for Florida houses.
Best Alternatives to House Heroes
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than House Heroes. We’ve listed three below:
Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
So, why settle for just one offer when you have the pick of the lot with this Flat Fee listing service?
Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Should You Sell Your House to House Heroes?
No, we do not recommend househeroes.com to sell your home. Their extremely lowball offers may deprive you of your hard-earned money.
But, if you’re primary goal is to get a fast cash offer for your home, only then opt for House Heroes. Know that your property gets exposure only from one firm.
In contrast, when you list on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo.com, your property gets exposure from nationwide cash home buyers. You can get multiple offers and maybe even top dollar for your property when you list on MLS.
Frequently Asked Questions About House Heroes
1. Is House Heroes legitimate?
Yes, House Heroes is a legitimate company. They have been buying homes for cash in Florida since 2013.
2. How much money will House Heroes offer for my property?
House Heroes reviews highlight that the company uses the 70% rule when determining their cash offers. So, they'll only pay 70% of your home's market value. You can gain up to 100% of the market value by listing your property on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo.
Related: house heroes florida, house heros, house heroes llc, housing heroes review, house heros reviewsHouse Heroes Reviews Real Estate Reviews