House Buyers of America is a real estate investment company that makes cash offers on homes as-is. They also work with real estate investors. They provide a quick closing timeline that helps sellers who need money urgently.
However, housebuyersofamerica.com’s offerings aren’t as straightforward as they seem. You may have to settle for an extremely lowball offer for your property.
Let’s look at House Buyers of America reviews and their alternatives to help you evaluate the best option for your distressed property!
- Pros: You can offload your distressed property easily with House Buyers of America. Unlike iBuyers, they don’t have strict eligibility criteria.
- Cons: House Buyers of America typically purchases homes for 50% to 70% of their Fair Market Value (FMV). You cannot negotiate a higher offer and have to lose out on your equity.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend House Buyers of America. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. House Buyers of America.
What is House Buyers of America?
House Buyers of America is a company offering cash for homes. They buy houses as is, repair the properties, and sell them for a profit.
House Buyers of America claims that if you sell your property with them they will give you a cash offer within 10 minutes. So, you save on repairs, showings, and commissions.
👉 Find Your Property’s Market Value: Review local housing sales data and determine the FMV of your property before requesting a cash offer from House Buyers of America.
House Buyers of America vs. Houzeo
Selling your house to House Buyers of America seems hassle free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|House Buyers of America||Houzeo|
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.6 stars (219 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||7 to 45 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what others have to say about Houzeo.
House Buyers of America: Pros and Cons
House Buyers of America is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ House Buyers of America Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how House Buyers of America matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases houses as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Fast Cash Offer: House Buyers of America is known for extending cash offers within 24-48 hours. So, you can get quick cash in hand if you’re in a hurry.
- Quick Closing: House Buyers of America reviews say they close in 7-45 days. They also have a flexible timeline and can close on a date suitable to you.
- No Service Fees: This cash buyer doesn’t charge any service fee when you sell your house to them. You save money while enjoying the convenience of a quick sale.
⛔ House Buyers of America Cons
Housebuyersofamerica.com complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: Your cash offer could be just 50% to 70% of your home’s market value.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like House Buyers of America, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: House Buyers of America only offers cash for Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia houses.
Best Alternatives to House Buyers of America
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than Housebuyersofamerica.com. We’ve listed three below:
Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
So, why settle for just one offer when you have the pick of the lot with this Flat Fee listing service?
Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Should You Sell Your House to House Buyers of America?
No, we do not recommend housebuyersofamerica.com to sell your home. Their extremely lowball offers may deprive you of your hard-earned money.
But, if you’re primary goal is to get a fast cash offer for your home, only then opt for House Buyers of America. Know that your property gets exposure only from one firm.
In contrast, when you list on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo.com, your property gets exposure from nationwide cash home buyers. You can get multiple offers and maybe even top dollar for your property when you list on MLS.
Frequently Asked Questions About House Buyers of America
1. Is House Buyers of America legitimate?
Yes, House Buyers of America is a legitimate company. They have been buying homes for cash in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia since 2001.
2. How much money will House Buyers of America offer for my property?
House Buyers of America reviews highlight that the company uses the 70% rule when determining their cash offers. So, they'll only pay 70% of your home's market value. You can gain up to 100% of the market value by listing your property on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo.
Related: house buyers of america complaints, house buyers of america inc, house buyers of america bbb, house buyers of america chantilly va, house buyers of america inc chantilly va, house buyers of america commercial, house buyers of america google review, house buyers of america yelp, is house buyers of america legitimate, bbb house buyers of America, complaints against house buyers of america, house buyers of america business model, house buyers of america inc, reviews house buyers of america reddit, house buyers of america review, house buyers of america rockville Maryland, house buyers of america rockville md, reviews of house buyers of america, www.house buyers of americaHouse Buyers of America Reviews Real Estate Reviews