First Choice Home Buyers is a local cash house buyer in Pennsylvania. They provide a quick closing timeline that helps sellers who need money urgently.
However, firstchoicehomebuyers.com’s offerings aren’t as straightforward as they seem. You may have to settle for an extremely lowball offer for your property.
Let’s look at First Choice Home Buyers reviews and their alternatives to help you evaluate the best option for your distressed property!
- Pros: You can offload your distressed property easily with First Choice Home Buyers. Unlike iBuyers, they don’t have strict eligibility criteria.
- Cons: First Choice Home Buyers has a very limited coverage area. They operate only in the state of Pennsylvania. Further, their cash offers are just 50% to 70% of your house’s Fair Market Value.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend irst Choice Home Buyers as you won’t get top dollar for your property. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. First Choice Home Buyers.
What is First Choice Home Buyers?
First Choice Home Buyers is a traditional “We Buy Houses for Cash” company. They buy houses as is, repair them, and sell them for a profit.
First Choice Home Buyers primarily caters to home sellers who need to sell their properties quickly. Hence, they extend offers on the phone or they can even visit your home and give you the offer in person.
What Types of Properties Does First Choice Home Buyers Purchase?
First Choice Home Buyers purchases all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Some of these houses include:
- Apartment properties as-is
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with First Choice Home Buyers.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo and compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
👉 IMPORTANT: Review local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value of your property before requesting a cash offer from First Choice Home Buyers.
First Choice Home Buyers vs. Houzeo
Selling to First Choice Home Buyers seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|First Choice Home Buyers||Houzeo|
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.7 stars (45 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||10 to 30 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
First Choice Home Buyers: Pros and Cons
First Choice Home Buyers is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ First Choice Home Buyers Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how First Choice Home Buyers reviews matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases homes as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Quick Closing: First Choice Home Buyers reviews say they have a flexible closing timeline. So, you can move out at your convenience.
- No Service Fees: This cash buyer doesn’t charge any service fee when you sell your house to them. You save money while enjoying the convenience of a quick sale.
⛔First Choice Home Buyers Cons
First Choice Home Buyers complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: First Choice Home Buyers views your house as an investment opportunity. So, your offer price may be much lower than the market price of your property.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like First Choice Home Buyers, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: This cash buyer operates only in the state of Pennsylvania. So home sellers in other parts of the country may find it difficult to avail of their services.
Best Alternatives to First Choice Home Buyers
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than First Choice Home Buyers. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About First Choice Home Buyers
1. Is First Choice Home Buyers legit?
Yes. First Choice Home Buyers is a legitimate company that buys houses for cash in Pennsylvania.
Related Keywords: first choice home buyers LLC, first choice homeFirst Choice Home Buyers Reviews Real Estate Reviews