Grandview Homes is a typical cash home-buying company that purchases your distressed property quickly. When you sell your home to this cash buyer, you avoid spending extra money on repairs and can close in just 10 days.
But these savings come at a cost. You have to settle for a home value that is 30% to 50% below the market price of your property. Moreover, there is little scope to negotiate a higher deal with Grandview Homes.
Let’s look at Grandview Homes reviews and alternatives to see if you can get a better deal for your home in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Pros: Grandview Homes LLC extends a guaranteed, no-obligation cash offer within 24 hours. They can even give you an offer without conducting a home inspection, if you want that option.
- Cons: Many reviews of Grandview Homes highlight that this cash buyer extends extremely lowball offers. You will be giving up almost 30% to 50% of your home’s equity.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend Grandview Homes as you won’t get top dollar for your property. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. Grandview Homes.
What is Grandview Homes?
Grandview Homes LLC is a cash buyer operating in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. They extend no-obligation cash offers for distressed and damaged properties, renovate them, and then sell them for a profit.
If you’re in a hurry to offload your property, this house flipper can close on your home in just 10 days. However, they have a flexible timeline and can also close on a date convenient for you.
When you accept an offer by Grandview Homes.com, you get $10,000 upfront in cash. This money can help you pay any outstanding bills and manage moving expenses.
Properties Grandview Homes Purchases
Grandview Homes purchases all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Some of these houses include:
- Inherited properties
- Homes with structural damages
- Properties with fire damage
- Houses with mold damage
- Homes with roof leaks
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with Grandview Homes.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo and compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
How Does Grandview Homes Work?
Getting a cash offer from Grandview Homes is straightforward:
- Property Details: Fill out the online form on www.grandviewhomes.com or call 630-394-8852 to reach out to this cash buyer. You will need to provide your contact information and address on their website.
- Home Inspection: Once they receive your information, grandview-homes.com will visit your property for an inspection.
- Cash Offer: They will extend a firm cash offer within 24 after the inspection. If you accept their offer, you can sign the contract the same day and get $10,000 upfront to help with moving expenses.
- Close the Sale: You can then select a closing date. Usually, they close within 7 to 10 days. However, if you need more time, they can extend the closing timeline.
👉 IMPORTANT: Review local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value of your property before requesting a cash offer from Grandview Homes.
How Much Does Grandview Homes Pay?
Grandview Homes applies the 70% rule when extending offers for homes. According to this rule, this cash buyer will pay up to 70% of your property’s After Repair Value (ARV), excluding the repair costs.
They follow this simple formula when calculating their cash offer:
Maximum Offer = ARV x 0.7 – Estimated Repair Costs
A Grandview Homes representative will give you a cash offer in 24 hours. This is based on:
- The sale price of other homes in your locality.
- Local market data.
- In-depth property research.
- Home inspection
Grandview Homes LLC deducts the repair costs, holding costs, estimated profit, etc., before giving you the offer.
For Example: Your house is worth $300,000 but needs $25,000 in repairs. You can expect a $185,000 cash offer from GrandviewHomes.com.
💸 Why Give Away Your Hard-Earned Equity? 💸
Houzeo is the fastest way to get offers from multiple cash home buyers.
Start Your FREE Listing NOW!
Grandview Homes vs. Houzeo
Selling to Grandview Homes seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.2 stars (90 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||10 to 30 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Grandview Homes Reviews
Grandview Homes has a 4.2 out of 5-star rating on Google based on 91 reviews.
Their positive reviews praise the cash buyers’ prompt responses and quick selling process. However, Grandview Homes complaints highlight their lowball offers.
✅ Edward was pleased with Grandview Homes’ seamless and quick process.
Our sale and closing of our home was fast and easy. The people we worked with were knowledgeable and friendly.
✅ Lori was thrilled with how Grandview Homes looked after the entire real estate transaction.
Grandview Homes is a spectacular company! So glad we dealt with them for the home sale. They offered more than fair price, we only had to worry about the move to a new home. They truly take care of everything, Beth is the best in helping in any way she can. Give them a chance, you won’t regret it!
❌ Jill was exasperated with the number of attempts it took to contact the company only to be told that they didn’t service her area.
Grandview needs to be upfront with their TV advertisements on location they serve. I wasted time calling their phone number leaving message with answering service then waiting for someone to call back to only discover they do not service Indiana. You call BBB receive long automated system, get put on hold for LONG periods of time then asked to leave message. Frustrating to say the least.
❌ D.A. was disappointed with the extremely lowball cash offer he received from Grandview Homes.
An offer for almost 100,000 less that the appraised value? This was no serious offer why no just say “We aren’t interested” than waste our time? If you have a decent home for sale, I would think twice.
Grandview Homes: Pros and Cons
Grandview Homes is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ GrandviewHomes.com Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how Grandview Homes matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases homes as is. So, even if your property needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Quick Closing: Grandview Homes reviews say they close in as little as two weeks. However, their timeline is flexible, and they can close on a date suitable to you.
- No Upfront Costs: You avoid any repair costs, title fees, and closing costs when you sell your house as is to Grandview Homes.
⛔ GrandviewHomes.com Cons
Grandview Homes complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: This cash buyer views your house as an investment opportunity. So, your offer price may be 30% to 50% lower than the fair market price of your property.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like Grandview Homes, you may not have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: Grandview Homes only offers cash for houses in Illinois and Wisconsin.
Best Alternatives to Grandview Homes
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than Grandview Homes. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Grandview Homes
1. Is Grandview Homes legit?
Yes, Grandview Homes is a legit company founded in 2009. They offer their services in Illinois and Wisconsin.
Related Keywords: how much does grandview homes pay, grandview homes complaints, how does grandview homes work, what does grandview homes do with the homes they buy, is grandview homes fair, does grandview homes buy condos, grandview homes customer reviews, grandview homes llc reviews, review of grandview homes, reviews for grandview homes, reviews on grandview homes, grandviewhomes, grandview homes for sale, grand view homes,
grandview fair, grandview homes com, grandview-homes.com, grandview house, granview homes, grandview homes bbb rating, grandview buys homes, grandview homes Illinois, grandview homes yelp, grandview homes chicago reviews, grandview buys homes reviews, grandview homes barrie reviews, grandview homes review