From Carmel to Zionsville, Indiana’s housing market is experiencing a major shift. Home buyer demand has fallen sharply, and interest rates have reached record highs.
But even in this market, the popularity of cash home buyers in Indiana is increasing. With expensive mortgages, home buyers with cash have a leg up on buyers looking to get a mortgage.
For home sellers, companies that buy houses for cash in Indianapolis are much more attractive than buyers with financing. Cash buyers offer certainty of sale, often eliminating home inspections and the hassle of lender approvals.
Cash buyers in Indiana also make instant offers, allowing you to close at your convenience with flexible closings.
🚀 The Rise of All Cash Offers
- Cash is King: 31.2% of Americans sold their homes for cash in December 2022, compared to 25.3% in all of 2020. This number is expected to rise in 2023 as financing becomes more expensive.
- iBuyers are Not a Viable Option: iBuyers have either shut down or have suffered massive losses. Our analysis suggests that iBuyers will offer much less than Fair Market Value (FMV) for your home in 2023 and 2024.
- Who Will Buy My House for Cash in Indianapolis: A cash marketplace like Houzeo.com is a great option to get multiple cash offers for your property. Opendoor and Christopher Ellyn Homes are also good options.
Not all companies that buy houses for cash are the same. Some companies can get you 100% of your property’s fair market value, while others may offer as low as 50%.
We’ve ranked the best cash home buyers in Indiana so you can sell your house fast for cash.
Reviews: 7 Best Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Indianapolis, IN
Max Exposure to Cash Buyers
Houzeo is the best option if you’re looking for multiple cash offers. Your MLS listing will be exposed to local and national cash buyers. In an attempt to win your property, investors could make multiple cash offers for your home.
- Service Fee – $349: Houzeo does not charge a 5% service fee or any undisclosed closing fee.
- Typical Offer: Up to 100% of your property’s fair market value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: On Houzeo Marketplace, you can market properties in any condition and sell your house as is.
- Closing Offer Terms: You can specify your preferred closing date and the closing offer terms.
👉 Our Take: For sellers looking to maximize their cash offers, we recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan. You will have access to Houzeo’s advanced features to negotiate the best terms for your cash offer.
» Houzeo Reviews: Learn why Houzeo is America’s Real Estate Super App
Houzeo is a real estate marketplace and America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS and 100s of websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, etc.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo. Check out the blog on Houzeo pros and cons.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
With a typical cash buyer, you only get an offer from that specific cash house buyer. Because there is no competition, that typical cash buyer will only offer 30% to 70% of your property’s value.
Houzeo is America’s most advanced real estate marketplace. If you list on the Houzeo marketplace, your listing gets exposed to Indiana home buyers and national cash buyers via the MLS.
This increased competition for cash offers for your house will ensure you get up to 100% of your property’s value.
» Indiana Flat Fee MLS: List your home for a flat fee and attract IN house cash buyers!
Opendoor is the country’s biggest iBuyer. They offer fast cash for homes with flexible closing timelines.
- Service Fee: 5% of Home Sale Price.
- Typical Offer: 70% to 80% of your property’s fair market value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Opendoor will make cash offers only on owner-occupied properties built post-1930 with a maximum lot size of 1.5 to 2 acres. Prefabricated homes, inherited properties, or homes with tenants do not qualify for Opendoor’s cash offer.
- Closing Offer Terms: Opendoor lets you close at your pace, up to 45 days out. The final offer terms may change after the home inspection.
» Opendoor Reviews: Why Opendoor will Pay Much Less than Fair Market Value in 2023?
- Wide Coverage: Opendoor pays cash for houses in 51 markets– Boston, Albuquerque, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Birmingham, Miami, San Francisco, San Jose, etc.
- Flexible Closing Dates: Opendoor gives you the ability to close at your convenience up to 45 days out.
- Late Checkout Upto 14 Days: Opendoor allows sellers to close on their homes, receive sale proceeds, and temporarily rent their homes.
- No Cancellation Fees: You can cancel the contract without any cancellation fee.
- No Upfront Costs: When you sell to Opendoor, you skip the traditional home selling process. No need to fix, repair or stage the property!
» Opendoor complaints: Click here to learn about the pros and cons of them.
In our research, we came across some deal breakers with Opendoor.
- Lowball Cash Offer: Opendoor’s final cash offer may be below the property’s fair market value, around 70%. They also deduct repair and closing costs.
- Hefty Service Fees: Opendoor revises the final cash offer based on the inspection report. The service fees can go from 5% to 14%. This is significantly higher compared to the 6% realtor commission.
- Opendoor May Back Out of the Deal: Some homeowners have had a bad experience with Opendoor. Opendoor backed out of the cash deal at the last minute, leaving the homeowner stranded.
- Undisclosed Repair Cost Breakdown: The difference between Opendoor’s preliminary offer vs. final offer can be humongous. In many cases, sellers were forced to pay for unnecessary “repairs.”
- Strict Eligibility Criteria: Opendoor doesn’t pay cash for inherited properties, homes with tenants, pre-fabricated or mobile homes, and properties located in a flood zone.
» Opendoor Complaints: Check out the common complaints of Opendoor.
Opendoor has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Reviews.io.
» Opendoor.com Review: Does Opendoor pay the market value of your property?
Opendoor offers a simple, convenient platform to request cash for your home. However, Opendoor’s service fees can be as high as 14% of your home’s sale price. The repair cost breakdown is not disclosed in the closing statement.
In 2023’s slow real estate market, Opendoor may not be the best option to sell your home. Their offer will be below the fair market value of your property.
» Offerpad vs. Opendoor: Compare the two iBuyers before requesting a cash offer on your house.
Offerpad has the fastest closing among iBuyers. Based on housing market trends, their patented evaluation tool will generate an initial offer for your home.
They also have a “List on MLS” package where an Offerpad representative will list your property on the open market.
- Service Fee: 6% of Home Sale Price
- Typical Offer: 70% to 80% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Offerpad offers cash for houses built after 1960, with a maximum lot size of 1 acre and a max valuation of up to 1M. Homes with significant foundational issues or rundown properties are not eligible. Check this out to know more about offerpad criteria.
- Closing Offer Terms: When you sell to Offerpad, you can close as early as 7 days. The initial offer terms may change after the inspection of your house.
» Offerpad Reviews: Is the Fast Closing Schedule Worth the Tradeoff?
- Lightning Fast Closing: With Offerpad’s cash-for-house offer, you can close your property in seven days.
- No Need to Fix the Property: When you sell your house for cash, you don’t incur upfront costs to fix, prepare or stage the house.
- Extended Checkout: Long-term stay option for house sellers who want to push their closing date after acceptance.
- Broad Coverage: Offerpad buys houses for cash in 27 markets- Birmingham, Phoenix, Denver, Fort Collins, Fort Myers, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Kansas City, etc.
» What is Offerpad? Check this out to know more about them.
In our research, we found some issues associated with Offerpad Real Estate.
- Lowball Cash Offer: Offerpad’s cash offer is below market value, typically around 60% to 80% of the fair market value.
- High Service Fees: The Offerpad cash offer is readjusted based on repairs identified by the home inspector. The service fees can go up to 13% of the home sale price.
- Offerpad Cancellation Fee – 1%: If you are only 4 days out of your closing date and you decide not to accept Offerpad’s cash offer, Offerpad charges a cancellation fee of 1% of the home sale price.
- Inflated Repair Costs: Offerpad’s final cash offer is calculated after deducting home repair and seller closing costs. The difference between Offerpad’s initial offer and the final offer is huge.
» Offerpad Review: Read the in-depth review of Offerpad.
Offerpad has a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating on TrustPilot.
» Offerpad Review: Check out customer reviews of Offerpad.
Offerpad’s closing process is faster than other “cash for houses” companies. So, you should request a cash offer from Offerpad if you want to sell your house quickly.
However, the difference between Offerpad’s initial and final cash offers is quite high. Once, a home seller was offered $189,000 but received a lowball offer of $149,000 after Offerpad’s home inspection.
» What Does a Home Inspector Do: Here’s what a home inspector looks at in a property inspection.
4. Connect Home Buyers
Connect Home Buyers
Connect Home Buyers specialize in providing homeowners with a quick, simple, and hassle-free option to sell, ensuring a free cash offer in four hours or less. They buy houses in spite of any conditions and situations.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 80% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: They buy all properties, including ones with structural issues, a death in the family, bad mortgage financing, inherited houses, high-crime neighborhoods, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: They offer flexible closing terms, anywhere between 7 to 30 days.
👉 Our Take: Connect Home Buyers provide complete transparency in the selling transaction. However, they only make offers way below the fair market value.
- Quick Offer: You can get a preliminary offer within 24 hours of contact.
- Flexible Closing: You can close in as little as two weeks or at any date of your choice.
- Nationwide Coverage: They have nationwide coverage and buy houses in all 50 states of the US.
- Sell As-Is: Connect Home Buyers will definitely buy your property no matter what the condition is.
Connect Home Buyers have some major drawbacks that you should know of:
- Wholesale Real Estate Company: They are essentially wholesalers, a previous client complained about being unaware of this. If you have issues working with wholesale real estate companies we suggest to look elsewhere.
- Connect Home Buyers is Not 100% Online: Connect Home Buyers has a limited tech stack. This means a lot of processes, like requesting a counteroffer or managing inspections, will be offline and manual. They don’t even have a mobile app.
Connect Home Buyers has 4.9 out of 5 stars with 31 reviews on Google Reviews.
Connect Home Buyers was founded by Brett and Arin Riggins in 2017. They have good reviews from their handful of customers.
However, they are essentially a wholesale real estate company. They might approach you as buyers and do the work of an agent!
5. Ben Buys Indy Houses
TOP CASH HOME BUYER IN INDIANAPOLIS
Ben Buys Indy Houses is an ‘as-is’ cash home buyer, situated in Indianapolis. The company operates in Indianapolis and neighboring counties. To date, they have purchased 600+ homes in and around Indianapolis.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of the Fair Market Value
- Eligible Properties: Distressed properties with structural issues, condemned properties, bad mortgage financing, inherited houses, homes facing foreclosure, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: Ben Buys Indy Houses provides flexible homes close within 5 days.
👉 Our Take: Ben Buys Indy Homes is a suitable choice for home sellers looking to sell their houses quickly. They provide no-obligation, all-cash offers and close within 5 days. They provide their services throughout Indianapolis and surrounding areas.
- Quick Cash Offers: Ben Buys Indy Houses makes fair, no-obligation all-cash offers within 24 hours.
- Flexible and Fast Closing: As an owner, you can decide upon the closing date. Once you accept their offer, they close within 5 days.
- Zero Service Fees: No service fees, no commissions, and no closing costs.
- Sell As-Is: You save on repair costs and can sell your house as-is.
- Special Offers: Ben offers you a check for $1000 if he’s unable to beat offers you receive from other investors (check terms and conditions).
Here are some dealbreakers of Ben Buys Indy Houses that we came across in our research:
- Non-negotiable Offer: Ben Buys Indy Houses will not offer more than 70% of your property’s fair market value. After a thorough home inspection, they quote an offer based on the after-repair value.
- Limited Coverage: They provide services only in Indianapolis and selected counties including Carmel, Avon, Greenwood, South Bend, etc.
- “Ben Buys Indy Houses” Will Spam You: Past sellers have complained about their incessant spamming. The emails and text messages don’t stop even if you decline their cash offer and unsubscribe from the mailing list.
Ben Buys Indy Homes has 4.7 out of 5 stars from 141 reviews on Google.
Located in Indianapolis, Ben Buys Indy Housesis a local cash home buyer. They buy properties in “as-is” condition for all-cash offers.
Ben Buys Indy Houses also buys distressed properties including homes facing foreclosures, and unwanted, inherited houses in Indiana. They provide their services throughout Indianapolis and its surrounding areas.
6. Christopher Ellyn Homes
LOCAL CASH BUYER
Christopher Ellyn Homes
Christopher Ellyn Homes is an Indiana-based real estate services company that buys houses for cash. They buy houses in as-is condition and you don’t need to worry about closing costs, inspections, or appraisals.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Christopher Ellyn Homes offer cash on houses in any condition and situation, including inherited properties, cosmetic work, divorce, squatters, expired listing, and so on.
- Closing Offer Terms: Christopher Ellyn Homes provides a flexible closing date between 7 to 30 days.
👉 Our Take: Christopher Ellyn Homes is a good choice for sellers looking for quick cash on houses. However, you might get only a non-negotiable lowball offer.
- Additional Options: If you need quick money, you can request and get a cash advance before closing.
- Instant Cash Offer: You can get an offer in 24 hours.
- Quick Closing: You can close in as little as three weeks.
- Sell As-Is: Christopher Ellyn Homes buy houses as-is so you don’t need to worry about making repairs.
In our research, we found some major drawbacks of Christopher Ellyn Homes:
- After Repair Value: Christopher Ellyn Homes makes the final offer reducing an after-repair value post a thorough home inspection.
- Lowball Cash Offer: Christopher Ellyn Homes may put in lowball cash offers of around 50% to 70% of the fair market value. This is lower than what you can get on the open market.
- “Christopher Ellyn Homes” Will Spam You: Past sellers have complained about their incessant spamming. The emails and text messages don’t stop even if you decline their cash offer and unsubscribe from the mailing list.
Christopher Ellyn Homes has 4.2 out of 5 stars from 46 reviews on Google Reviews.
Christopher Ellyn Homes is a local cash home buyer in Indiana. They have coverage mainly in IN, besides which they serve in selected areas of HI, KS, KY, MO, and NV.
Beware of consistent spam emails and text messages, which previous customers have complained of, despite declining their offers.
7. We Buy Ugly Houses
We Buy Ugly Houses
We Buy Ugly Houses is a 20-year-old cash home buyer franchise. Independent real estate investors own and run each franchisee office. The parent company trains the franchisee but doesn’t micromanage their cash home-buying preferences. The brand, We Buy Ugly Houses is owned by HomeVestors.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Ugly homes with structural issues, couples going through a divorce, a death in the family, bad mortgage financing, inherited houses, high-crime neighborhoods, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: WeBuyUglyHouses provides a flexible closing date, up to 30 days out. Offer terms are subject to change based on the local franchisee office.
👉 Our Take: We Buy Ugly Houses is best for sellers who want to unload their distressed houses quickly. You shouldn’t expect more than 70% of your property’s market value.
» We Buy Ugly Houses Reviews: Everything you need to know about these home cash buyers.
- Fast Cash Offers for Homes: WeBuyUglyHouses.com will share a preliminary cash offer for your property in 24 to 48 business hours.
- Zero Service Fees: WeBuy Ugly Houses doesn’t charge any service fee in exchange for the convenience of selling your home for cash.
- Fast Closing: We Buy Ugly Houses.com will close in just seven days after you accept their cash offer.
- Firm Cash Offer: We Buy Ugly House’s cash offer is usually in line with the preliminary cash offer unless the inspector identifies major flaws during the home inspection.
- Wide Coverage: We Buy Ugly Houses offers cash for homes in 1,100 locations across 45 states.
- No Upfront Costs: When selling to WeBuyUglyHouses Com, you don’t have to fix your leaking roof or the mold residing in your walls.
» We Buy Ugly Houses Review: How does WeBuyUglyHouses.com calculate your cash offer?
In our research, we found some issues associated with We Buy Ugly Houses.
- Lowball Cash Offer: We Buy Ugly Houses pays less than what sellers could get on the open market. The cash offer is around 50% to 70% of the property’s fair market value.
- WeBuyUgly Houses.com is Not 100% Online: We Buy Ugly has a limited tech stack. This means a lot of processes, like requesting a counteroffer or managing inspections, will be offline and manual. They don’t even have a mobile app.
- Non-Negotiable Cash Offers: We Buy Ugly Houses will not offer more than 70% of your property’s fair market value. They rarely increase the price quoted in the initial cash offer.
- Inconsistent Quality of Service: When you work with house buyers like WeBuy UglyHouses, you sell your house to a local real estate investor. The service quality will differ based on the independent investor you are dealing with.
» Reviews of We Buy Ugly Houses: Check WeBuyUglyHouses reviews before requesting a cash offer for your condo.
We Buy Ugly Houses has 2 out of 5 stars with 6 reviews on Yelp.
» We Buy Ugly Houses Complaints: Check what customers say about WeBuyUglyHouses.com.
We Buy Ugly Houses, a trademark of “HomeVestors”, operates on a franchisee model. Local investors or those flipping houses in the U.S. are the owners of these franchises.
Each WeBuyUglyHouses franchisee has its own rules, so the cash offer terms and service quality may not be consistent.
iBuyers That No Longer Offer Cash for Indianapolis Homes
- Zillow Offers: Zillow, the biggest real estate marketplace, started its iBuying arm in 2018. After losing $881M while over-paying cash for properties, in November 2021, Zillow stopped buying houses. Check out the story of the fall of Zillow Offers.
- RedfinNow: Redfin, the biggest discount real estate broker in the U.S., entered the home-flipping business with RedfinNow in 2017. In November 2022, RedfinNow shut down due to increasing operating costs.
Are Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Indianapolis Legit?
Yes, companies that buy houses for cash in Indiana or cash house buyers are legitimate and operate legally nationwide.
🚨 Cash for Houses Scams: Remember to inspect how the cash company operates before you sign any real estate contract. A legitimate home buyer will never ask you to pay cash!
Types of Cash Home Buyers
Companies that buy homes for cash in Indiana help home sellers skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, marketing, home staging, etc. The four types of cash home buyers are:
- “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies: The “fix-and-flip” house cash buyers that buy distressed properties, make repairs, and sell on the open market. Indiana home buyers pay 30% to 70% of the home’s fair market value and don’t have any service fees or closing costs.
- iBuyers: Home-buying companies that use proprietary algorithms and determine a cash offer for your house. In 2023, iBuyers in Indiana will offer ~70% to 80% of the fair market value.
- Buy-and-Hold Cash Buyers: A buy-and-hold cash buyer in Indiana will convert a distressed house into a rental property. They do not sell the upgraded property for a one-time profit and will enjoy a steady source of income.
- Home Trade-In Services: A home trade-in company will offer cash on your house to help you buy another property. They fund your next house while you sell the one you’re living in.
- 🏚️ Selling a Home in Poor Condition in Indiana: We recommend “We Buy Houses for Cash” companies if your property is in bad shape. If the property only needs cosmetic repairs, you should list your home on Indiana MLS. You can get up to 100% of the fair market value on the open market!
How Do Companies That Buy Houses for Cash Work?
“We buy houses for cash” companies buy Indianapolis houses “as-is” at much lower than the market value. They mostly work offline. Let’s look at the steps involved when you sell your house in Indiana to a “We Buy Houses for Cash” company:
- Share Your Property Details: Cash buyer companies in MN will collect basic information like the location and condition of your property. You can share this via phone or their website.
- Review the Preliminary Cash Offer: The “cash for homes” Indiana company will make an offer after comparing similar properties in the area. Typically it is 30% to 70% of the home’s fair market value.
- Complete a Home Inspection: Indiana Home Inspectors will perform an inspection if you accept the initial offer. After adjusting repair expenses and holding costs, the cash house-buying company will send a final offer.
- Accept the Final Cash Offer & Close: If the Indiana home cash buyer’s final cash offer matches your expectations, then you can finalize the closing timeline.
» Sell My Indiana House Fast: Check out 5 ways to sell your IN house fast in 2023.
How Much Do Indianapolis “We Buy Houses Cash” Companies Pay?
Companies that pay cash for houses in Indiana use the 70% ARV rule.
Suppose your home is worth $300,000, and you have a defective roof that will cost $25,000 in repairs. So, you can expect a cash offer of about $185,000.
The 70% ARV Rule: Indiana house buyers will never pay more than 70% of the property’s fair market value. They have to repair and renovate the acquired homes. The overhead expenses are deducted from your home sale proceeds.
» How Much are Closing Costs for Seller in Indiana: Find home sale proceeds from selling your house in Indiana.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Indianapolis: Pros and Cons
The biggest benefit of Indiana cash buyers is their speed and convenience. Selling a house for cash will almost always net you 10% to 30% less than a financed offer though. Let’s look at the pros and cons of selling a home to a cash home buyer:
- Fast Cash Sale: In the traditional model, you have to list on the MLS and wait for potential buyers. However, with “We Buy Houses for Cash” companies, you get a cash offer within 24-48 hours of submitting details on their website.
- Flexible Closing: “We Buy Houses Cash Indiana” companies move faster than traditional buyers. Home sellers can close on their timeline and need not wait for listing paperwork or mortgage pre-approvals!
- No Service Fees: “Cash for homes” companies don’t charge any service fees. The net profit after fixing and selling your home is enough for them to sustain their fix-and-flip model.
- No Upfront Costs: To earn maximum cash, home sellers invest in real estate photography and staging before listing on the MLS. PA cash home buyers purchase homes as-is, so you can skip marketing or repair costs.
- Lowball Cash Offers: Companies that buy homes in Indiana generally pay 50% to 70% of the home’s fair market value, deducting all repair, utility, and re-selling expenses. Although there may be room for negotiations, you can’t expect more than 70% of the market value of your home.
- Non-Negotiable Deals: When dealing with “cash for houses” companies, the deal is usually take-it-or-leave-it. You can try to negotiate if the company overlooked something important, but most cash companies will not budge on price.
- Some Cash Buyers Will Make You Pay Closing Costs: Homeowners are forced to pay the seller’s closing costs, and it’s not disclosed on the cash buyer’s site. You should always read the terms and conditions document carefully.
» Estimate Seller Closing Costs Indiana: Breakdown of closing costs you incur as an IN home seller.
Alternatives to Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Indianapolis
- List Your Home With a Flat Fee MLS Service: With a Flat Fee MLS service, you can get up to 100% of the fair market value on the open market. High-tech For Sale By Owner websites like Houzeo will list your home on the local MLS within 24-48 hours and help you sell fast! 22% of homes listed on MLS sold above their final list price in February 2023.
- Hire a Top Realtor: Indiana Realtors have the expertise to help you sell your property fast within a set timeline. However, the best realtors will charge a 6% commission. That amounts to thousands of dollars in realtor commission! It’s the worst option if you want to earn maximum cash.
- Sell “For Sale By Owner”: Selling your home purely For Sale By Owner implies no access to the MLS. You market your property, conduct market research, manage offers and showings, etc., all by yourself.
» For Sale By Owner Websites in Indiana: Check out the best FSBO sites in the North Star State.
Frequently Asked Questions about Indianapolis Cash Home Buyers
1. What is the best company that buys houses for cash?
Houzeo is the most popular platform for sellers looking for companies offering cash for homes. Not a cash buyer themselves, Houzeo.com lets you access the power of the MLS for a small flat fee, giving you exposure to cash home buyers. iBuyers, including Opendoor, have also made offers on properties listed on Houzeo.com.
» How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS: Read to Know Why MLS Listings are Worth the Cost.
2. How do you sell a house to a cash buyer?
List your home on Houzeo.com for multiple cash offers. You can also offer it to Opendoor or another cash buyer. You’ll then receive preliminary cash offers. You must ensure the offer meets your minimum requirements after adjustments for inspection and any service fee. Once you’ve accepted the offer, you can select your closing date.
3. Are "we buy houses for cash" companies legit?
Yes! Many companies like We Buy Ugly Houses offer cash for houses. And these companies are legit, with franchises across the nation. However, cash buyer scams are common in America, so you should always research the company before signing any official documents. You can also check customer reviews on sites like Google and TrustPilot. We also recommend you get a lawyer to review the contract before signing.
4. How long does a cash sale on a house take in Indianapolis?
Approximately, anywhere between 7 to 30 days, depending on the buyer and the specific situation of the sale. iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad can close as quickly as 10 business days.
5. Do “We Buy Houses” companies make fair offers?
Yes! iBuyers will offer up to 100% of the fair market value of your property. Local “we buy houses for cash” companies will typically offer less - 50% to 70% of the fair market value. Listing your home on a marketplace, like Houzeo.com, will get you exposure to iBuyers and local investors. This significantly increases your chances of maximizing your cash offer.