The Buys Guys is a property buyer that makes cash offers on homes as-is. They have a quick closing timeline that helps sellers who need money urgently.
However, you may be shortchanged with your offer when you deal with this company. They may give you just 50% to 70% of your home’s market price.
In this blog, let’s look at The Buy Guys reviews and their alternatives to help you get the property value you deserve!
- Pros: The Buy Guys pruchases homes as is. So you avoid spending money on repairs and renovation.
- Cons: This cash buyer may extend a lowball offer for your home. Further, they operate in just three states: Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend The Buy Guys. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. The Buy Guys.
What is The Buy Guys?
The Buy Guys is a company offering cash for homes. They purchase houses as is, repair them, and then sell them for a profit.
This cash buyer claims that they can close on your property in just 5 days. So, if you need to move quickly or need money urgently, The Buy Guys can help you out.
What Types of Properties Does The Buy Guys Purchase?
The Buy Guys purchases all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Some of these houses include:
- Inherited properties
- Homes with structural damages
- Rental properties with tiresome tenants
- Houses facing foreclosure
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with The Buy Guys.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo and compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
👉 IMPORTANT: Review local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value of your property before requesting a cash offer from The Buy Guys.
The Buy Guys vs. Houzeo
Selling to The Buy Guys seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|The Buy Guys||Houzeo|
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.5 stars (116 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||5 to 30 days||2 to 60 days|
|Fees||0.7% of sale price*||$379|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
* A state tax
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
The Buy Guys: Pros and Cons
The Buy Guys is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ The Buy Guys Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how The Buy Guys matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases homes as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Quick Closing: TheBuyGuys reviews say they close in as little as 5 days. However, their timeline is flexible, and they can close on a date suitable to you.
⛔ The Buy Guys Cons
The Buy Guys complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: The Buy Guys views your house as an investment opportunity. So, your offer price may be much lower than the market price of your property.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like The Buy Guys, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: The Buy Guys only operates in Georgia, Florida, and Alabama
Best Alternatives to The Buy Guys
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than The Buy Guys. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Buy Guys
1. Is The Buy Guys legit?
Yes. The Buy Guys is a legitimate company founded in 2006. They operate in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.
Related Keywords: the buy guys, buy guys, buy guy, the buyguys, buyguy, thebuy, the house buying guys, two guys buying homes, guys house, the home buying guys, home buying guys, mobile home buy guys reviews, the buy guys google review, the buy guys review, the buy guys reviews, buy guys reviews, google reviews the buy guysReal Estate Reviews The Buy Guys Reviews