Express Homebuyers is a network of real estate investors that purchases your property for cash in just 7 days.
However, numerous Express Homebuyers reviews don’t describe the interaction with this cash buyer as smooth sailing. They often lowball their cash offers, which may drop even further after the home inspection.
If you reject their offer, be prepared for their relentless follow-up attempts.
Express Homebuyers can be a suitable option if you need to sell your home fast. But check out their pros and cons, reviews, and alternatives before going all in.
- Pros: Express Homebuyers gives you an initial cash offer in just 7 minutes. Further, they buy your home as-is, so you don’t have additional repair costs.
- Cons: Their lowball offer is generally just 50% to 70% of what your home is worth. So, you may have to leave cash on the table. Express Homebuyers may also pester you with calls, emails, and letters once you register with them.
- Our Take: We do not recommend Express Homebuyers as you may not get your home’s Fair Market Value (FMV). With a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo, you can get offers from multiple cash buyers. You can also get 100% FMV. Compare Houzeo vs. Express Homebuyers.
What is Express Homebuyers?
Express Homebuyers is a company that buys houses for cash. Their primary goal is to flip houses and sell them at a profit.
This cash home buyer strives to satisfy the seller’s need for speed. They extend a preliminary cash offer to the homeowner within 7 minutes of receiving the property details. Moreover, they claim to close on the property in just a week.
Express Homebuyers uses a franchise model. This means that every office of the cash home-buying company is independently owned and operated locally.
🚨 Beware: You will not get the same quality of service nationwide. So, check your local Express Homebuyers reviews before opting for this company.
As-Is Cash Home Buyer Network
Express Homebuyers is a real estate investor network that extends cash offers on all types of properties. This home-buying company is best for sellers who don’t wish to repair their houses as they buy properties “as-is.”
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Distressed properties with structural issues, couples going through a divorce, a death in the family, bad mortgage financing, inherited houses, high-crime neighborhoods, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: Express Homebuyers doesn’t have strict offer terms. Further, the company has purchased homes for cash in under 7 days.
👉 Our Take: Express Homebuyers is great for unloading an extremely distressed property. However, if your house needs minimal repairs only, then you should consider listing on the MLS.
» Express Homebuyers Reviews: Is there really no service fee?
- Fast No-Obligation Cash Offer: You will receive an initial, no-obligation cash offer from Express Homebuyers in just 7 mins after giving them your property details.
- Quick Closing Timelines: Express Homebuyers can close on your property within a week. However, they have a flexible policy and can close as per your convenience.
- Zero Service Fees: Express Homebuyers don’t charge any service fee in exchange for the convenience of selling your home for cash.
- Save on Repair Costs: This cash buyer purchases homes as-is. So you don’t have to spend on renovations or updates, increasing your overall profit.
- Lowball Cash Offers: Express Homebuyers gives you just 50% to 70% of your home’s worth. Their final offer after the home inspection may even drop even further.
- Repeated Spam Messages: If you reject Express Homebuyer’s cash deal, you may get numerous emails, messages, and calls asking you to reconsider their offer.
- Inconsistent Customer Service: Express Homebuyers works on a franchise model. Since each office is independently owned and operated, the level of service quality you receive can vary.
Express Homebuyers has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Google.
» Express Homebuyers Review: Check out exclusive Express Homebuyers customer reviews
Is Express Homebuyers Legit?
Express Homebuyers was founded in 2003 by Brad Chandler and Judd Allen. This company is a nationwide network of real estate investors headquartered in Virginia.
According to Express Homebuyers’ website, they have purchased over 4000 homes since 2003.
Express Homebuyers Coverage
Express Homebuyers franchises are spreading across the length and breadth of the United States very quickly. With near nationwide coverage, you are sure to find an Express Homebuyers’ office near you.
However, there is little need to compromise on price to get coverage. With Houzeo, you get similar coverage and an opportunity to get Fair Market Value for your property.
What Properties Does Express Homebuyers Purchase?
As is homebuyers purchase all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Express Homebuyers deals with:
- Inherited houses
- Homes needing massive repairs
- Rental properties with tiresome tenants
- Houses facing foreclosure
- Homeowners who need to relocate quickly
Stressed-out home sellers may find Express Homebuyers an ideal solution to all their problems. However, don’t forget you may lose a huge chunk of money.
By listing on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo, you can compare multiple offers from cash buyers and get top dollar for your property.
How Does Express HomeBuyers Work?
Getting a cash offer from Express Home Buyers is straightforward:
- Ask for a Free Consultation: Call (877) 804-5252 or submit an online inquiry form on expresshomebuyers.com. You’ll need to provide your property details and your contact information.
- Receive an Initial Cash Offer: An Express Homebuyer specialist will contact you and ask questions about your house. They will then give you a preliminary cash offer in just 7 minutes.
- Schedule an Inspection: If you accept their offer, a company representative will conduct a home inspection at a convenient time.
- Receive a Final Cash Offer: You will receive a final offer that considers the estimated repair costs and property condition. The Express Homebuyers specialist will also guide you through the required paperwork and address all your questions.
- Close the Deal: This cash home buyer claims to purchase your home in just 7 days. However, they are flexible with their closing timelines.
👉 Important: Before you request a cash offer from Express Homebuyers, review the local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value (FMV) of your property.
How Much Does Express Home Buyers Pay?
Generally, Express Homebuyers extends a cash offer that is 50% to 70% of your home’s actual worth.
Their preliminary cash offer is based on the property information you submit in the inquiry form. However, their final offer depends on the result of the home inspection. Your home is appraised on the following factors:
- Property condition
- Time and costs required for renovations and maintenance
- Real estate commissions needed to sell the home
🚩 Beware: Many sellers have complained that their final offers are way below their initial cash offers. So, take this cash buyer’s 7-minute offer with a grain of salt.
💸 Why Give Away Your Hard-Earned Equity? 💸
Houzeo is the fastest, high-tech way to get on the MLS and get the best offers from multiple cash home buyers.
Start Your FREE Listing NOW!
Express Homebuyers vs. Houzeo
Selling to Express Homebuyers seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.2 Stars (136 Reviews)||4.9 Stars (1,127 Reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||7 to 30 Days||2 to 60 Days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what others have to say about Houzeo.
Express Homebuyers Customer Reviews
Express Homebuyers has a 4.2 out of 5-star rating on Google and Trustpilot based on 112 and 24 reviews, respectively.
Positive reviews praise the fast closing times, professional staff, and transparent lines of communication.
On the other hand, Express Homebuyers’ complaints point out the differences in the initial and final offers given by the cash buyer.
Express Home Buyers: Positive Reviews
✅ Nancy was satisfied with Express Home Buyer’s cash offer and praised their easy selling process.
My experience with Express Homebuyers was great. I had a rental property that I no longer wanted to manage. I knew it would need repairs and updates to sell. So, I spoke with a realtor as well as two other companies that advertise quick home purchases and Express Homebuyers offered the best option… It was a very quick and easy process.
✅ Wayne was happy with the timely updates and top-notch customer service.
I had the best experience with Express Homebuyers from beginning to end! They were very empathetic to my situation with selling my home, and they made sure they kept me abreast to what was going on throughout the process. Express Homebuyers has shown me what the Customer Experience should be about! Thanks Express Homebuyers!
Express Home Buyers: Negative Reviews
❌ John complained about Express Homebuyers’ insulting lowball offer.
After dealing with them on 2 separate occasions I can say this is a Horrible company to work with. The 1st time, I received a very low-ball offer that was very insulting…The 2nd time the agent told me they would contact me the next day…Their call never came, so I called him. I was told they were only intrested in properties located within cities…He had no plan to return my call as it was not beneficial for them to do so.
❌ Simone was frustrated with the number of spam calls she received.
Took a request to be put on their no contact list as an excuse to spam my cell phone with an offer for their services. They were not apologetic, but rather rudely said they were just following up on my request to flip my house. There are literally hundreds of flippers out there, I’m sure you can find better.
Express Homebuyers: Pros and Cons
Express Homebuyers USA is convenient for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ ExpressHomebuyers.com Pros:
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how expresshomebuyers matches up to these expectations.
- Simple Process: This cash buyer does the home inspection, documentation, and closing processes for the seller. So you can have a hassle-free experience when selling your home.
- Quick Closing: The Express Homebuyers commercial boasts a closing timeline of 7 days. However, they are also flexible and can close at your convenience.
- No Closing Costs and Service Charges: When selling your home to this cash buyer, you don’t have to pay seller closing costs. Further, they buy homes as is. So, you don’t have to spend on repair and renovation costs.
⛔ ExpressHomebuyers.com Cons:
Express Homebuyers complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: This cash home buyer gives you just 50% to 70% of your home’s worth. You bear the cost of a quick sale by leaving money on the table.
- A Reduced Final Offer: This company usually lowers the final cash offer after the home inspection. Since they extend below-market-value offers to start with, the final amount you receive may be much lower than your expectations.
- Incessant Spamming: Many home sellers have complained about being pestered by Express Homebuyers investors with emails, calls, and messages after they rejected the cash offer.
- Inconsistent Quality of Service: Local real estate investors own and run Express Homebuyers offices independently. So, your experience with the company is determined by how your local investor takes you through the process.
Express Homebuyers Lawsuit
Every company has flaws, but some push the boundaries further by adopting unethical practices. Such is the case with Express Homebuyers.
In 2021, Express Homebuyers sent out mass mailers to homeowners in Washington D.C. stating that they were overdue on their property taxes. However, many individuals who received these letters had paid their taxes.
According to the complaint filed by the Attorney General of D.C., the company used “unlawful trade practices” to misrepresent the D.C. law on tax lien sales. Further, Express Homebuyers used these letters to create urgency among homeowners to ensure sellers opt for them.
In December 2022, the company agreed to pay the District $70,000 to settle the case.
Best Alternatives to Express Homebuyers
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than ExpressHomebuyers.com. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Should You Sell Your House to Express Homebuyers?
No, we do not recommend Express Homebuyers. They typically pay just 50% to 70% of a property’s true value. Additionally, their final offer may be much lower than what you were initially told. So, your expectations aren’t met.
On the other hand, an MLS listing on the open market with Houzeo can net you even 100% of your property’s FMV. Further, your listing can be on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours, allowing you to sell your home fast.
Frequently Asked Questions about Express Homebuyers
1. Is Express Home Buyers legit?
Yes, Express Homebuyers is a nationwide network of real estate investors who buy homes for cash. Each Express Homebuyers' office is independently owned and operated by local cash home buyers.
2. How is Express Homebuyers rated?
Express Homebuyers reviews online have an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on websites like Google and Trustpilot.
3. How much does Express Homebuyers pay for houses?
Express Home buyers offers 50% to 70% of the FMV for your property. However, if you choose to list your property on the open market, Houzeo can help you get top dollar for your home.
4. Does Express Homebuyers charge a service fee?
No, Express Homebuyers doesn't charge a service fee. They also cover all seller closing costs, so you get maximum cash in hand.
Related: express homebuyers reviews, express offers, express homebuyers llc, express home buyers, express home, expresshome, express property solutions, express homes reviews, express homebuyers dc, home buyers network reviews, quick homebuyers, fast home buyers reviews, quick home buyers reviews, expresshomes, brad chandler express homebuyers, express homebuyers online, express homebuyers scam , express homebuyer reviews, express homebuyers google reviews, express homebuyers CEO, bbb rating for express homebuyers, express homebuyers listings, express homebuyers revenue, express house sales
jud allen express homebuyers, express homebuyers commercial, express homebuyers deals, express homebuyers bbb, expresshomebuyers, express homebuyers customer reviews, how much does express home buyers pay, express home buyers reviews, is express home buyers legit, express homebuyers bbb, express home buyers deals, baltimore express homebuyers, express home buyers md, express home buyers dc, reviews of express home buyers, reviews on express home buyers, how much does money do express home buyers pay, express homebuyers usa LLC, review express homebuyers, reviews express homebuyers, mr chandler express homebuyers, express homebuyer list, express homebuyers reddit, express homebuyers yelp, yelp express homebuyersExpress Homebuyers Reviews Real Estate Reviews