Based out of Virginia, Express Homebuyers is a company operated by a network of cash home buyers in the USA. Since 2003, the company has helped over 4,000 home sellers get reasonable cash offers in a hassle-free way.
- Pros: Express Homebuyers make all-cash offers on your property and close in as little as 7 days.
- Cons: They make lowball cash offers. They spam you with calls, emails, letters once you register with them.
- Bottomline: Selling your house to Express Homebuyers means you leave a lot of money on the table. We recommend you to instead collect and compare offers from all local cash buyers by listing your house on the MLS via Houzeo.com.
What is Express Homebuyers?
Express Homebuyers is a nationwide network of real estate investors who buy homes for cash and promise to close a sale in as little as one week. Currently, it operates in 27 states and in the District of Columbia.
Express Homebuyers uses a franchise model. This means that each office of Express Homebuyers is independently owned and operated by local cash home buyers. So, your experience with the company is determined entirely by how your local franchisee pilots you through the process.
Express Homebuyers Overview
|Type of Buyer||Cash buyer|
|Founders||Jud Allen and Brad Chandler|
|Coverage||27 states, and the District of Columbia|
|Time to Offer||Within 24 hours|
|Time to Close||7 to 30 days|
|Customer Reviews Rating||4.2 out of 5 stars (Express Homebuyers reviews)|
» We Buy Houses for Cash Companies: Check out America’s top 13 companies that buy homes for cash
How Does Express Home Buyers Work?
Getting a cash offer for your home from Express Homebuyers is straightforward.
⭐ Step 1- Ask for a Free Consultation
Call Express Homebuyers or submit an online inquiry form on the Expresshomebuyers.com website. You’ll need to provide your contact information and your property address.
⭐ Step 2- Receive an Initial Cash Offer
Express Homebuyer specialist will contact you and ask questions about your house. Based on the remote evaluation, they will make an initial all-cash offer to you.
⭐ Step 3- Schedule an Inspection
If you accept their offer, an Express Homebuyers property specialist will arrange a time as per your convenience to visit your home for inspection.
⭐ Step 4- Receive a Final Cash Offer
After taking repairs and property conditions into consideration, Express Homebuyers will make you a final cash offer. The Express Homebuyers specialist will also address your queries and walk you through the cash buying process.
⭐ Step 5- Close the Deal in as Little as 7 Days
Most of the time, you get 30 days to consider the offer. Once you accept their cash offer, Express Homebuyers will initiate the paperwork. They close fast, in as little as 7 days.
👉 IMPORTANT: Before you request a cash offer from Express Homebuyers, review the local housing sales data & determine the Fair Market Value (FMV) of your property.
How Much Does Express Home Buyers Pay?
Express Homebuyers reviews from past customers highlight that their cash offers are much lower than the property’s market value.
Cash home buyers like Express Homebuyers pay 55% to 70% of your property’s “After Repair Value (ARV)” aka the property’s estimated market value post rehab. ARV is usually calculated as:
Your Estimated Express Homebuyers Offer = (After Repair Value x 0.7) – Estimated Cost to Rehab Your Property
If your property’s after-repair value is $500,000, Express Homebuyers will offer you only $300,000. This assumes a rehab cost of $50,000. You will be accepting $200,000 less than your property’s market value for the convenience of an immediate cash offer from Express Homebuyers.
👉 Our Take: We recommend you collect offers from all local and national cash buyers by listing on the MLS via Houzeo.com.
Express Homebuyers Coverage
Express Homebuyers franchises currently serve 27 states and D.C.
|Region||Areas of Service|
|Northeast||Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York|
|Midwest||Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri|
|South||Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, D.C.|
|West||Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Washington|
Express Homebuyers Reviews
Express Homebuyers reviews online have an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. We found some recurring complaints and praises about the company in these reviews. Let’s look at them in detail below.
|Express Homebuyers Reviews||Rating (Out of 5 Stars)|
|Google (105 Reviews)||4.2|
|Trustpilot (18 Reviews)||4.2|
|BBB (23 Reviews)||4.8|
Express Homebuyers Reviews: Praises
Most positive Express Homebuyers reviews highlight the fast closing times and professional staff known for their communication skills.
1. Sandy praised Express Home Buyers’ “smooth and fast” closing process.
2. Thomas had to change the closing date several times, and he praised Express Home Buyers for cooperating with him.
3. Jacqui was pleased that Express Home Buyers took care of the sales and closing process of her old in-laws’ house, who were willing to leave money on the table in exchange for a simple, stress-free process.
Express Homebuyers Reviews: Complaints
The primary complaints in Express Homebuyers reviews are that they make lowball initial offers or lower them later with little explanation, and don’t readily accept “No” from home sellers. They continue to spam you with letters or emails even after you decline their cash offers.
1. Jason Lowey and John James both complained about Express Homebuyers’ insulting “lowball offers”.
2. Mary highlighted that the company makes an initial offer and later lowers it with little explanation.
3. One client highlighted the incessant spamming of Express Home Buyers.
Express Homebuyers Benefits
✅ They Simplify the Process
Express Homebuyers make the home selling process hassle-free and stress-free. Once you show interest in selling your property to them, they take over the inspection, assessment, documentation, and closing processes.
✅ They Close Fast
Express Homebuyers promise to close in as little as three weeks. A regular listing takes approximately 55 to 70 days to close, according to Zillow. A distressed property, on the other hand, may take much longer to exit the market. So, the difference is notable.
✅ They Give Ample of Time to Consider
Most Express Homebuyers’ cash offers are valid for 30 days. This gives you ample time to ponder over it, look for other cash offers in the market for your property, and arrive at a firm decision.
✅ They Make All-cash Offer
Express Homebuyers inspect your property and make an all-cash offer to you after taking repairs into consideration. So, they can be an option for those in desperate need of cash.
✅ They Cover the Closing Costs & Service Charges
Express Homebuyers takes care of the seller’s closing costs. As a seller, you don’t need to pay for anything. You just need to be willing to give up on receiving a fair price for your house.
Express Homebuyers Drawbacks
⛔ They Make Lowball Offers
The speed of the deal and the cash come with a major drawback – you get pennies for a dollar. Your home is appraised on the following factors:
- The current condition of the property
- Time and costs required for renovations and maintenance
- Real estate commissions required to sell the home
Ultimately, Express Homebuyers aim to make a profit. So, considering the above factors, you’re unlikely to receive a fair market value for your house.
⛔ They are Likely to Reduce the Initial Cash Offer
A common Express Homebuyers complaint is that the company tends to lower the cash offer at any point during the sales process. So homeowners should keep in mind that no offer from Express Homebuyers will actually be final until you get paid.
⛔ Lack of Representation
A realtor or an agent negotiates for your property on your behalf for a 3% average real estate agent commission. In the absence of a representative, you’ll likely find it challenging to get top dollar for your property.
Another way you can circumvent traditional intermediaries and still get the highest bid for your property is through For Sale By Owner websites.
⛔ No Control Over the Quality of Service, State-wise
Each Express Homebuyers’ office is a franchise. Local real estate investors independently own and run them. So, your experience with the company is determined entirely by how your local investor pilots you through the process.
⛔ Incessant Spamming
According to some Express Homebuyers reviews, home sellers have complained about being pestered by Express Homebuyers investors with emails, calls, and messages after they denied the cash offer.
Express Homebuyers Alternatives
No matter what situation you’re in, we advise you to spend a few days looking over Express Homebuyers’ superior substitutes. This will ensure that you receive a fair market price for your home and prevent financial loss.
1. iBuyer Companies
iBuyers, short for instant buyers, are large real estate companies that buy homes for cash. iBuyers have a strict standard for buying homes. They acquire a home in fairly good condition that they can list quickly. They too make an all-cash offer within 48 hours and can close within two weeks.
» iBuyer Reviews: Check out our 2023 rankings for all iBuyers companies in the U.S.
2. We Buy Houses For Cash Companies
“We buy houses for cash” companies are cash home buyers that function differently than iBuyers. These companies prioritize resale earnings by purchasing homes at a significant discount to the market value.
» We Buy Houses For Cash companies: Understand how they work and what are some of the best companies in this category.
“We Buy Homes for Cash” Companies Near You
3. Sell in the Open Market Without a Realtor
Working with Express Homebuyers means underselling your home. But thanks to technology, you can now sell your house quickly without any intermediaries.
Selling a house without a realtor is easier than ever and the process is not as daunting as you may think. Many For Sale By Owner (FSBO) and Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo.com make the home-selling process a cakewalk. And they ensure top dollar for your property.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo gives you the best combination of max exposure, 5-star customer service, fast listing & changes, and cutting-edge technology.
Packages: Houzeo offers 4 For Sale By Owner MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot or land property by the owner. Your FSBO listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that FSBO home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for: Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend Houzeo’s Gold Plan for most home sellers. The Gold plan includes all of the advanced features Houzeo is known for. If you are on a budget, Houzeo’s Silver plan is comparable to most companies’ For Sale By Owner packages.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo.com has a 4.9/5 rating with thousands of reviews
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo’s locations and coverage
Houzeo is available nationwide with coverage in 200+ markets.
» How to Sell a House by Owner: Know the ins and outs of selling a house on your own in America.
Bottomline: Should You Sell Your House to Express Homebuyers?
Sometimes you just NEED to move your property quickly. But you should only consider selling a house to Express Homebuyers if:
- You want a quick, hassle-free sale
- You’re willing to leave money on the table
- You don’t want to spend on repairs
Under any other circumstances, we do not recommend selling your home to expresshomebuyers.com.
Instead, listing on the MLS via Houzeo.com will expose your property to local and national cash home buyers, and help you get top dollar for your property.
» Sell My House Fast For Cash: Find out how you can get top dollar for your property and still close fast.
More Resources for Home Sellers
- Selling a House as is: Selling a house “as is” is the best option for home sellers who want to save time and money. Here is a handful of information that you need to know beforehand.
- How To Sell My House Fast: Find out the 4 best ways in which you can sell your house fast in the USA and maximize your net proceeds.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Home sellers have less paperwork and inspections when they opt to sell their houses for cash. Learn everything you need to know about the 13 best cash companies in the USA.
- How to Sell a House by Owner: Know the ins and outs of selling a house on your own in America in our comprehensive guide.
Frequently Asked Question about Express Homebuyers
1. Is Express Home Buyers legit?
Yes, Express Homebuyers is a legitimate company in the USA with a nationwide network of real estate investors who buy homes for cash. Each Express Homebuyers' office is independently owned and operated by local cash home buyers.
2. How is Express Homebuyers rated?
Express Homebuyers reviews online have an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on websites like Google, Better Business Bureau (BBB), and Trustpilot.
Related: express homebuyers reviews, express offers, express homebuyers, express home buyers, express home, expresshome, express property solutions, express homes reviews, express homebuyers dc, home buyers network reviews, quick homebuyers, fast home buyers reviews, quick home buyers reviews, expresshomes, brad chandler express homebuyers, how does express home buyers work
jud allen express homebuyers, express homebuyers commercial, express homebuyers deals, express homebuyers bbb, expresshomebuyers, express homebuyers customer reviews, how much does express home buyers pay, express home buyers reviews, is express home buyers legit, express home buyers bbb, express home buyers deals, baltimore express homebuyers, express home buyers md, express home buyers dc, reviews of express home buyers, reviews on express home buyers, how much does money do express home buyers pay