Doug Hopkins Real Estate is a real estate brokerage. They also make all-cash offers on homes and provide a quick closing timeline that helps sellers who need money urgently.
However, you will probably get just 50% to 70% of your home’s value when you opt for Doug Hopkins. Many customer reviews have complained about feeling shortchanged with this cash buyer.
In this blog, let’s look at Doug Hopkins Real Estate reviews and their alternatives to help you get the property value you deserve!
- Pros: With Doug Hopkins Real Estate, you can sell your home in just 7 days. Additionally, since they buy houses as is, you save on repair and renovation costs.
- Cons: You get a lowball offer from this cash buyer and may even lose out on 30% to 50% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Further, their coverage is limited. They only service cities in Arizona.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend Doug Hopkins Real Estate. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. Doug Hopkins Real Estate.
What is Doug Hopkins Real Estate?
Doug Hopkins Real Estate is a brokerage that also buys distressed properties for cash. Catering to the residents of Arizona, this cash buyer closes on homes in 7 days.
You are under no obligation to accept the cash offer given by Doug Hopkins.
What Types of Properties Does Doug Hopkins Real Estate Purchase?
Doug Hopkins Real Estate purchases all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Some of these houses include:
- Inherited properties
- Homes with structural damages
- Houses with ongoing mortgages
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with Doug Hopkins Real Estate.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo and compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
👉 IMPORTANT: Review local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value of your property before requesting a cash offer from (COMPANY NAME).
Doug Hopkins Real Estate vs. Houzeo
Selling to Doug Hopkins Real Estate seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|Doug Hopkins Real Estate||Houzeo|
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.4 stars (138 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||7 to 45 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Doug Hopkins Real Estate: Pros and Cons
Doug Hopkins Real Estate is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ DougHopkins.com Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how Doug Hopkins Real Estate matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases homes as is. So, even if your property needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Quick Closing: Doug Hopkins reviews say they close in as little as a week. However, they may extend the timeline to ensure that all formalities are completed.
⛔ DougHopkins.com Cons
Doug Hopkins Real Estate complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: Doug Hopkins views your house as an investment opportunity. So, your offer price may be much lower than the market price of your property.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like Doug Hopkins Real Estate, you may not have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: Doug Hopkins offers their services only in Arizona.
Best Alternatives to Doug Hopkins Real Estate
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than Doug Hopkins Real Estate. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Doug Hopkins Real Estate
1. Is Doug Hopkins Real Estate legit?
Yes, Doug Hopkins Real Estate is a legit company that buys cash for homes in Arizona. Doug Hopkins is a well-established real estate investor who has bought and sold over 20,000 homes.
Related Keywords: doug hopkins, doug hopkins real estate, doug hopkins reviews, doug hopkins real estate reviews, doug hopkins real estate review, doughopkins.com reviews, doug hopkins az, doughopkins, doug hopkins Arizona, doug hopkins realtor, doug buys houses, doughopkins com reviews, doughopkins.com, don hopkins real estate, doug hopkins realty, hopkins real estate, doug hopkins real estate net worth, doug hopkins homes for sale, doug hopkins.com, doughopkins com, doug hopkins sellers advantage, doug hopkins net worth, doug hopkins american greed, hopkins com, doug home, doug hopkins phoenix real estate, doug hopkins real estate formula, doug hopkins real estate program, doug hopkins real estate bbb, doug hopkins real estate customer, service, doug hopkins real estate teamDoug Hopkins Real Estate Reviews Real Estate Reviews