Osborne Homes is a cash home buyer that purchases distressed properties as is. They extend all-cash offers for these homes and can close in just 7 days.
However, you get only 50% to 70% of your home’s Fair Market Value. This may drastically reduce the total cash you get in hand for your home.
In this blog, let’s look at Osborne Homes reviews and their alternatives to help you get the property value you deserve!
- Pros: Osborne Homes gives you quick cash in case you need to move in a hurry. Further, you avoid spending on repairs and home staging when you sell with this cash buyer.
- Cons: Osborne Homes extends lowball cash offers that may rob you of almost 30% to 50% of what your home’s value. Further, they may discourage any attempts of negotiating a better deal.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend Osborne Homes. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Osborne Homes vs. Houzeo.
What is Osborne Homes?
Osborne Homes is a California cash home buyer. They purchase distressed homes at a discount, fix them up, and then sell them for a profit.
This cash buyer can close on your property in just 7 days. However, if you need more time to move out, you can rent your home for a price agreed upon between you and Osborne Homes.
What Types of Properties Does Osborne Homes Purchase?
Osborne Homes purchases all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Some of these houses include:
- Inherited properties
- Homes with structural damages
- Rental properties with tiresome tenants
- Houses facing foreclosure
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with Osborne Homes.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo and compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
👉 IMPORTANT: Review local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value of your property before requesting a cash offer from Osborne Homes.
Osborne Homes vs. Houzeo
Selling to Osborne Homes seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||3. 2 stars (31 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||7 to 45 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Osborne Homes: Pros and Cons
Osborne Homes is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ OsborneHomes.com Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how Osborne Homes matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases homes as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Quick Closing: Osborne Homes reviews say they close in as little as two weeks. However, their timeline is flexible, and they can close on a date suitable to you.
⛔ OsborneHomes.com Cons
Osborne Homes complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: Osborne Homes views your house as an investment opportunity. So, your offer price may be much lower than the market price of your property.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like Osborne Homes, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: Osborne Homes covers only areas in California. Sellers residing in other states of America would need to look for other cash home buyers.
- Sub-par Customer Service: Many reviews of Osborne Homes complain about the unresponsive behavior shown by their customer service.
Best Alternatives to Osborne Homes
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than Osborne Homes. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Osborne Homes
1. Is Osborne Homes legit?
Yes, Osborne Homes is a legitimate company. They offer their services in California.
Related Keywords: osbourne home, osborne homes fresno, osbornehomes.com, osborne homes, osborne home, homes osborne, osborn homes, osborn home, osborne homes reviews, who owns osborne homes, osborne homes bbb, osborne homes california, osborne homes company, osborne homes fresno ca, osborne homes inland empire, osborne homes newport beach, osborne homes Sacramento, osborne homes inc, osborne homes irvine, osborne homes newport beach ca, osborne homes sacramento ca, is osborne homes legit, osborne home buyer, osborne homes affiliate, osborne homes are they for real, osborne homes ca, osborne homes for sale fresno, osborne homes for sale fresno ca, osborne homes fresno california, osborne homes hanford ca, osborne homes lemoore ca, osborne homes listings, osborne homes ltd, osborne homes we buy houses, osborne homes.comOsborne Homes Real Estate Reviews