Handsome Homebuyer is a local cash-buying company that operates in Long Island, New York. They make cash offers on homes as-is and close on properties quickly, sometimes in just 7 days.
But this company offers you speed in exchange for a lower home value. You get just 50% to 70% of your property’s Fair Market Value.
In this blog, let’s look at Handsome Homebuyer reviews and their alternatives to help you get the property value you deserve!
- Pros: Handsome Homebuyer purchases properties as is. So, you avoid paying high repair and renovation costs. This company also doesn’t have strict eligibility criteria for purchasing homes.
- Cons: Handsome Homebuyer purchases your property at almost a 30% to 50% discount. Moreover, they have a very limited coverage area.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend Handsome Homebuyer. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. Handsome Homebuyer.
What is Handsome Homebuyer?
Handsome Homebuyer is a traditional cash home buyer that buys homes in Long Island, New York. They act as a home flipper by purchasing homes at a discount, fixing them up, and then selling them for a profit.
They cater to home sellers looking for urgent cash. But, they offer only 50% to 70% of a home’s value.
What Types of Properties Does Handsome Homebuyer Purchase?
Handsome Homebuyer purchases all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Some of these houses include:
- Inherited properties
- Homes with structural damages
- Houses facing foreclosure
- Commercial properties
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with Handsome Homebuyer.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo and compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
👉 IMPORTANT: Review local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value of your property before requesting a cash offer from Handsome Homebuyer.
Handsome Homebuyer vs. Houzeo
Selling to Handsome Homebuyer seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.7 stars (13 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||7 to 30 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Handsome Homebuyer: Pros and Cons
Handsome Homebuyer is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ Handsome Homebuyer Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how Handsome Homebuyer matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases homes as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Quick Closing: Handsome Homebuyer reviews say they close in as little as a week. However, their timeline is flexible, and they can close on a date suitable to you.
⛔ Handsome Homebuyer Cons
Handsome Homebuyer complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: Handsome Homebuyer views your house as an investment opportunity. So, your offer price may be much lower than the market price of your property.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like Handsome Homebuyer, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: Handsome Homebuyer offers its services only in Long Island, New York.
Best Alternatives to Handsome Homebuyer
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than Handsome Homebuyer. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Handsome Homebuyer
1. Is Handsome Homebuyer legit?
Yes, Handsome Homebuyer is a legitimate company operating in Long Island, New York.
Related Keywords: handsome homebuyer, the handsome homebuyer, handsome home buyer, handsome homebuyer reviews, handsome homebuyer commercial, charles weinraub handsome homebuyer, handsome homebuyer farmingdale, handsome homebuyer referralsHandsome Homebuyer Reviews Real Estate Reviews