Laurel Buys Houses is a cash home buyer that purchases properties as is. They provide a quick closing timeline that helps sellers who need money urgently.
However, they extend cash offers that are 50% to 70% of a home’s value. This may drastically lower the amount of cash you get in hand. Further, they may even rescind the offer extended without any prior warning.
In this blog, let’s look at Laurel Buys Houses reviews and their alternatives to help you get the property value you deserve!
- Pros: Laurel Buys Houses purchases homes as is. So you save on repair costs. Moreover, they don’t have strict buying criteria like iBuyers.
- Cons: Laurel Buys Houses purchases homes for just 50% to 70% of their Fair Market Value. Further, their restricted coverage may discourage home sellers from dealing with this cash buyer.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend Laurel Buys Houses. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. Laurel Buys Houses.
What is Laurel Buys Houses?
Laurel Buys Houses is a home flipper. They purchase distressed properties at a lower price, renovate them, and then sell them for a profit.
Laurel Buys Houses claims to be a traditional cash home buyer. However, many customer reviews claim that they work with real estate investors who fund the cash offers this company extends.
Moreover, if the investor backs out from the deal, so will Laurel Buys Houses.
What Types of Properties Does Laurel Buys Houses Purchase?
Laurel Buys Houses purchases all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Some of these houses include:
- Inherited properties
- Homes with structural damages
- Rental properties with tiresome tenants
- Houses facing foreclosure
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with Laurel Buys Houses.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo and compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
👉 IMPORTANT: Review local housing sales data and determine the Fair Market Value of your property before requesting a cash offer from Laurel Buys Houses.
Laurel Buys Houses vs. Houzeo
Selling to Laurel Buys Houses seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|Laurel Buys Houses||Houzeo|
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||4.6 stars (57 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||14 to 45 days||2 to 60 days|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Laurel Buys Houses: Pros and Cons
Laurel Buys Houses is a convenient option for sellers who need cash fast. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ LaurelBuysHouses.com Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how Laurel Buys Houses matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases homes as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Quick Closing: Laurelbuyshouses reviews say they close in as little as two weeks. However, their timeline is flexible, and they can close on a date suitable to you.
⛔ LaurelBuysHouses.com Cons
Laurel Buys Houses complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: Laurel Buys Houses views your house as an investment opportunity. So, your offer price may be much lower than the market price of your property.
- May Rescind the Offer: According to several reviews, if this cash buyer cannot sell the property to another investor, they may rescind the cash offer without prior warning.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like Laurel Buys Houses, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
- Limited Coverage: Laurel Buys Homes only caters to the areas surrounding Sacramento, California.
Best Alternatives to Laurel Buys Houses
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than Laurel Buys Houses. We’ve listed three below:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
- Opendoor: Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
- HomeVestors: HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Laurel Buys Houses
1. Is Laurel Buys Houses legit?
Yes, Laurel Buys Houses is a legit company offering their services in Sacramento, California.
Related Keywords: laurel buys houses, laurel buys homes, laurel buys houses reviews, laurel sagen, laurel buys houses Sacramento, laurel sagen laurel buys houses, laurel buys houses commercialLaurel Buys Houses Reviews Real Estate Reviews