The real estate market in Mississippi is currently very competitive. The home prices in the past year were up by 25% in the state. Every real estate company is in the race of being number one. In all this, it is obvious for sellers and buyers get confused about which company to go with. This guide will help you with the 5 best real estate companies in Mississippi you can consider for the sale of your home.
At a Glance: 5 Best Real Estate Companies in Mississippi
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|1. Houzeo||📱Most Advanced Tech||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4,296 reviews)|
|2. Coldwell Banker||🏢 Best for Commercial Properties||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (40 reviews)|
|3. Keller Williams||🏆 Most Successful Investors||⭐⭐⭐ (766 reviews)|
Reviews: 5 Best Real Estate Companies in Mississippi
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Coldwell Banker Realty
🏡About: Founded in 1906 out of the golden state, Coldwell Banker has changed the way people buy and sell homes in North America. They give sellers a variety of free tools, including a home value estimator, local market data, and fast cash offer alternatives.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: Coldwell Banker can help you determine a marketing strategy with the help of increased accuracy of market knowledge, advanced pricing tools, and access to comprehensive housing data.
- Local Agent: Agents with local expertise help you learn more about the current state of the housing market so you can price the house right to attract buyer interest.
For Home Buyers:
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification to understanding the type of house that will meet your needs and satisfy your wants, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader in customer experience and overall quality. Their Full Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above and beyond what their customers expect.
- Good coverage
- Professional and talented agents
- Provide latest trends and news related to real estate
- Lengthy processes
- Average ratings on trustworthy platforms
It has 3.9 ratings on Consumer Affairs, based on 169 reviews.
Coldwell Banker Realty has a local reach, yet it has global coverage because Coldwell Banker Realty is a part of the nationwide present Coldwell Banker.
🏡About: Keller Williams is one of the top real estate companies to have come out in the last couple of decades. Keller Williams Realty was started in 1983 and since then has grown to have 183,000 associates in 1,060 offices across the country.
For Home Sellers:
- Experienced Agents: With Keller Williams, you’ll work with experienced real estate agents from listing to closing. Keller William’s real estate agents specialize in selling homes in all aspects of the process from pricing and staging to finding the right buyer.
- Technology: Keller Williams ensures a smooth real estate experience with an ecosystem like the Keller Cloud, powered by AI and machine learning. Keller Cloud helps agents to prioritize sellers’ goals, maximize lead generation, and gather insightful data to produce a truly effective go-to-market strategy for home-selling.
For Home Buyers:
- Professional Assistance: You will be assisted by skilled and knowledgeable real estate professionals. The agent will preview homes on your behalf, negotiate for the best price, keep you updated with market trends, and work throughout the process of finding your dream home.
- Advance Home Search: The technology of Keller Williams make the home search and buying an advanced experience for buyers. Technologies like State-of-the-Art, a management system of Keller Williams to track communication with every client help agents to better understand the buyer’s needs.
👉Our Take: Keller Williams Realtors is a well-known international real estate company that also happens to be the largest residential real estate firm in the United States of America. The brand has a culture that is agent-centric, technology-driven, and education-based, and it recognizes and rewards its agents for their contributions.
» For Sale By Owner Questions: 21 For sale by Owner questions, answered
Keller Williams has a dedicated mobile app that lets you search for listings in their neighborhood. You can work with a Keller Williams agent if a property of interest is narrowed down by the user. Their app is better than a lot of other established real estate companies as they are functional in a lot of states across America.
Keller Williams Greater Springfield has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Facebook.
These are some of the areas in Missouri covered by Keller Williams Greater Springfield:
How to Choose the Right and Best Real Estate Agent or Company
For Home Sellers
When buying or selling a home, most homeowners use the services of a real estate agent or broker, making the selection of the most qualified real estate broker in Mississippi is critical to a successful real estate transaction.
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate broker or agent, inquire about their knowledge of the local market and your property type.|
|2. Marketing strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker has with other real estate professionals before making a decision.|
|3. Full-time Professional||Make certain to hire a professional who is available on a full-time basis.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a realtor will be able to guide you through the process of searching for and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Local realtors who work for themselves should not be dismissed. When compared to a larger real estate company, they may have more intimate knowledge of a community.|
In addition to the questions listed above, there are a number of other factors to consider when hiring a real estate agent or brokerage.
Readily Available Agents or Brokerage: While there are competent part-time agents who sell properties, you must hire someone who can show your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Offer Suggestions: Pools, screened-in porches, and other desirable features are known to attract buyers to the area. They will advise on which rooms or features to emphasize or de-emphasize.
Similarly, ask the real estate agents Mississippi if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.
Local Expert: Hire or retain a local expert. These real estate agents in Mississippi will also be aware of the typical selling and listing prices in the area.
Other than that, ask a local brokerage or your friends and family if they know anyone who has sold many homes or businesses there. Also, other ideas include looking through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
»How To Sell Your Own Home In Mississippi By Owner: Read Our Blog To Know How To Sell Your House Without A Realtor.
For Home Buyers
In contrast, an inexperienced agent may make things more difficult for you (and your wallet) than they need to be during the home buying process.
There is a specific set of abilities that distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest when it comes time to buy a house. Is there a list of these abilities? Let’s find out
|Point to Remember||Description|
|1. Good Communication >||Look for an agent who is a good communicator and can answer all of your questions about the home-buying process.|
|2. Reliable Experience >||When interviewing real estate agents, be sure to not only inquire about the length of time they have been in the business of buying and selling homes, but also inquire about their specific experience.|
|3. Strong Local Market Knowledge >||Each market is unique. In order to navigate the nuances of your local market, you'll need a real estate agent who is familiar with local market trends and patterns. Choose a real estate agent who has a track record of quickly placing buyers in homes (and getting them a great deal, too).|
|4. Positive Reviews >||Online reviews are a great resource when choosing a realtor. Read as many reviews as you can before choosing a real estate agent, and look for past clients who have only positive things to say about their experiences.|
|5. Personal Rapport >||Ultimately, you want a realtor you like. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so choose someone you enjoy being around and who truly understands your needs.|
For Real Estate Professionals
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working:
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working
1. Commission Split
Most realtors in Mississippi work on commission. You don’t get paid unless you sell. When you sell, you’ll split the profits with your broker. Real estate brokers in Mississippi charge various commissions. (Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.) While company culture, resources, market share, reputation, and support will all be important, you should choose a brokerage that offers you a commission split you can live with.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. And this 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. Then you must inform your broker. A 60/40 commission split means you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, the broker’s support and resources, and more. Also, understand the split and how you can increase your percentage over time. Remember that some brokerages now offer real estate agents a salary and benefits package, so you may want to shop around if this approach appeals to you.
Here is an example of a commission split between 5 companies:
|1. Keller Williams||70 / 30|
|2. RE/MAX||95/5, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 (capping system)|
|3. Century 21||50/50, 70/30, 8% franchise fee (capping system)|
|4. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
Before choosing a real estate broker, consider your work environment. How much coworker support do I need? Like other businesses, real estate brokerages develop a culture that guides their operations.
Are you looking for a family-oriented, small-town brokerage? Or do you prefer a big-box franchise brokerage that leaves you to your own devices? Is it a weekly get-together or a company caravan? The best way to learn about a company’s culture is to talk to employees or attend company events.
3. Reputation of the Company
Begin your research by performing a buyer-like Google search as you definitely want a brokerage with a solid market presence and a good reputation as you can rely on them to find leads if they have a large market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and the right broker can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate broker, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like RE/MAX and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized and based locally. Working for an independent broker gives you more freedom to run your business as you wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
For example, some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
» Mississippi Seller Disclosure Law: Here’s Houzeo’s Guide On Seller Disclosures.
Best Real Estate Companies to Work for in Mississippi
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s discuss the 5 best real estate companies to work for in Mississippi based on commissions, fees, training, brand recognition, and marketing efforts.
|1. RE/MAX||Customizing commission splits and desk fees for established agents|
|2. Coldwell Banker Realty||Marketing, lead generation, and other tools for tech-savvy agents|
|3. Century 21||Brokerage brand recognition is a priority for agents|
|5. HomeSmart International||Small real estate company with limited reach|
Find Top Real Estate Agents In Your Area With Houzeo
A top real estate agent has a lot of clients in their pocket. Working with the largest or the biggest real estate company has its own disadvantage. Often people have these two questions: Real estate offices near me and how to find a good real estate broker? Understand that it may be one of the biggest real estate companies near you, but the realtor’s experience might not be enough. As we have already read about the companies where the agent- experience may not be the same everywhere. Also, the agents may show interest in a deal only if the deal is extremely profitable.
In this case, a top-rated real estate agent is invaluable in helping you reach your goals, whether you’re buying or selling a home for the first time or the fifth.
With Houzeo, instead of paying the average listing rate of around 3%, you’ll only pay a flat fee which will save you not only thousands of dollars but also give you a great buying-selling experience.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$329||5%-6%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
What does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is the best FSBO and Mississippi MLS Flat Fee Listing Service platform.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
No matter how large a flat fee MLS is if even one of the following criteria isn’t met, expect a poor review from a particular stakeholder: dedicated and knowledgeable agents, maximum savings, technological advancements, and a quick sell or buy.
It has been a lot of fun to see a lot of digitally-driven real estate companies open and grow much faster than the real estate brokerages offering In-person full service in the last few years! If you’re buying or selling a house in Mississippi, these so-called next-generation platforms use technology to help you through the process, making it easier for you.
People have long known that technology is changing the real estate industry. When used correctly, technology has the ability to give clients more valuable information, especially outside of the traditional way that people buy and sell homes.
Resources for Selling Your Mississippi Home
Flat Fee MLS listing has become most preferred option for home sellers. Mississippi Flat Fee MLS companies help you save thousands of dollars.
Are you finding it hard to understand the seller closing costs in Mississippi? Here’s our guide to making your house selling endeavor easier!
Eager to know about the best real estate websites in Mississippi? Dive deep in this blog to get information about such top 5 websites.
How to sell your house fast in Mississippi? Here are the top companies that buy houses for cash in Mississippi. Check who is the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the real estate market in Mississippi?
In September 2022, home prices in Mississippi were up 12.2% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $256,400. On average, the number of homes sold was down 2.4% year over year and there were 1,475 homes sold in September this year, down 1,511 homes sold in September last year.
What are the real estate commissions in Mississippi?
The average commission rate for listing agents is 2.72% of the final home price and 2.72% for buyer's agents, for a total of 5.44%.
- who pays closing cost in Mississippi: Paying closing costs is important to finalize the real estate transaction. Read more to know your closing cost obligations.
- how much are closing costs in MS: Discover your closing cost obligations in Mississippi.
- selling inherited property in Mississippi: Find out the detailed points to consider while selling your Mississippi inherited house.
- Mississippi cash buyers – Discover best Companies in Mississippi that Buy homes for cash.
For MS Home Sellers:
- Selling My House Mississippi: Read our guide to have a smooth experience in selling your house.
- want to sell my house as is Mississippi: Read our blog to know more on selling your house as-is in Mississippi.
- need to sell my house fast Mississippi: Check out the best options to sell your Mississippi home Fast.
- sell my house fast for cash in Mississippi: Looking to sell your house fast for cash? Read more!
- best time to sell a house in Mississippi: Find out the best time to sell your Mississippi house.
- how much are closing costs for seller in MS: This blog will answer all your questions about seller closing costs in Mississippi and how to calculate and negotiate them.
- seller closing cost calculator Mississippi: Here’s Houzeo’s Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator.
For MS Home Buyers:
- Mississippi buyer closing cost calculator: Here’s Houzeo’s Buyer’s Closing Cost Calculator.
- how much are closing costs for buyers in MS: If you are a buyer, here are some closing costs you may have to pay when buying a house.
- How to Buy a House in Mississippi with Bad Credit: Here’s our guide on how to get a house with bad credit.
Related Keywords: real estate companies in mississippi, top real estate companies mississippi, mississippi commercial real estate companies, mississippi real estate companies, mississippi best real estate company, real estate company in mississippi, best real estate company to work for in mississippi, real estate companies in mississippi, best real estate companies to work for in mississippi, best mississippi realtors, realtor ms, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate photography mississippi, how to stop foreclosure sale in mississippi, how much is an appraisal in mississippi, best discount realtors in mississippi, staging a home to sell