In April 2022, 57.6% Maine homes were sold above the list price, clearly indicating that the housing market is fairly competitive. Therefore, the real estate companies in Maine are engaged in fierce competition to help people buy or sell their properties.
Here is a detailed review of top real estate companies in Maine that will help you in your home selling or buying process.
At a Glance: 5 Top Real Estate Companies in Maine
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|Houzeo||📱 Most Advanced Tech|
💲 Maximum savings
🌟 Stellar Customer Reviews
📃 Fast Listing Changes
|⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (2, 873 reviews)|
|Realty of Maine||🧑 Highly Trained Agents||⭐⭐⭐⭐ (26 reviews)|
|Coldwell Banker Plourde Real Estate||🗺️ Brand Recognition||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (150 reviews)|
|Laflin and Wolfington Real Estate||📣 Guaranteed Sale Program||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (275 reviews)|
|Williams Realty Partners/Keller Williams Coastal and Lakes & Mountains||🎌 Marketing, Tools and Agent Training||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐(53 Reviews)|
Reviews: 5 Top Real Estate Companies in Maine
Houzeo – Best Overall
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Review and compare offers
- Manage your showings online
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
Realty of Maine – Locally Owned, Globally Recognized
🏡About: Realty of Maine is one of the top real estate companies in Bangor, Maine. The company was founded by Dave Sleeper in 1999. As of 2020, the company comprises of 146 agents throughout nine branch offices in Maine.
For Home Sellers:
- Sellers Toolkit: This will help you determine market value and work hard to get the most from your investment and provides you with direct access to our knowledgeable agents.
- Top Agents: Realty of Maine has a state-wide network of agents who can facilitate a fast and efficient selling cycle.
For Home Buyers:
- Best Agents: Their professional agents provide mortgage referral assistance, loan closing support, and expert, personal guidance throughout the buying process.
- Buyers Toolkit: Buyers Toolkit below is an easy way to access information on all their available homes and properties and find answers to important home selling and buying questions.
👉Our Take: Their professional agents provide end-to-end assistance throughout the process of purchasing a home or property. Their listings connect to over 40 national websites including Reator.com, Trulia, Zillow, Yahoo! Homes, HotPads, HomeFinder, Homes & Land, Lands of America and Maine Homes.
» Creative ways to Market a House: 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale (By Owner Homes)
- Locally Owned, Globally Recognized
- Agents with extensive knowledge about the local market
- Relocation/referral program that makes over 40,000 client introductions each year
- Comparative Market Analysis
- Listings connect to over 40 national websites including Reator.com, Trulia, Zillow, Yahoo! Homes, HotPads, HomeFinder, Homes & Land, Lands of America and Maine Homes.
Realty of Maine is rated 3.8/ 5 (out of 26 reviews) on Google.
Realty of Maine offers its services across Maine.
Coldwell Banker Plourde Real Estate – Brand Recognition
🏡About: Founded in 1906 out of the golden state, Coldwell Banker has changed the way people buy and sell homes in North America. They give sellers a variety of free tools, including a home value estimator, local market data, and fast cash offer alternatives.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: Coldwell Banker can help you determine a marketing strategy with the help of increased accuracy of market knowledge, advanced pricing tools, and access to comprehensive housing data.
- Local Agent: Agents with local expertise help you learn more about the current state of the housing market so you can price the house right to attract buyer interest.
For Home Buyers:
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification to understanding the type of house that will meet your needs and satisfy your wants, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader in customer experience and overall quality. Their Full Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above and beyond what their customers expect.
» Closing Costs in Maine: What are the Seller Closing Costs in Maine?
- High On Technology
- Knowledgeable and Experienced Agents
- Backed by a Trusted Brand, Coldwell Banker
- Specializes in the Maine Lakes Region Real Estate
- Expertise in Lakefront Properties
Coldwell Banker Plourde Real Estate is rated 4.8/ 5 (out of 140 reviews) on Google.
The services of Coldwell Banker Plourde Real Estate are available in Albion, Belgrade, Belgrade Lakes, China Village, Clinton, Fairfield, Oakland, Skowhegan, Vassalboro, Waterville
Laflin and Wolfington Real Estate – Guaranteed Sale Program
🏡About: Laflin and Wolfington Realty is a Full Service real estate company in Farmingdale, Maine. The company guarantees the sale of your home and if not sold, they buy it. The have a team of professionals to help them be at many places at once instead of operating as a one-person show. They use cutting-edge technology to enhance the speed of the services they deliver.
For Home Sellers:
- Guaranteed sales Program: They determine a market value for your home by preparing a total market analysis of your home. This ensures that if your home does not get sold, they would buy your home for the upfront guaranteed sale price already decided before.
- Market Analysis: By providing your address and a brief description of your home, the system will conduct a thorough comparative market analysis by searching the database for similar homes listed or sold in your area.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer Profile System: Get priority access to ALL homes that match your criteria, including Bank Foreclosures, Company Owned Properties and other Distress Sales.
- Priority Access: Priority access means you’re there first before other buyers, so you can negotiate the lowest possible price and your time is not wasted viewing homes that don’t interest you.
👉Our Take: The agents are familiar with the local neighbourhoods, are ready to answer your questions and help you achieve the most profitable outcome possible.
» Seller Disclosure in Maine: Seller Disclosure Requirements in Maine.
- Guaranteed Sale Program
- Knowledgeable Agents
- Free report listing the best buys for first time buyers on the market (including photos)
- Online Home Evaluation for Sellers
Laflin and Washington Realty is rated 5/ 5 (out of 275 reviews) on Google.
Laflin and Wolfington Real Estate is available throughout Central and Southern Maine.
Williams Realty Partners/Keller Williams Coastal and Lakes & Mountains – Great Marketing Tools and Advanced Technology
🏡About: Keller Williams Realty Infinity is a real estate company catering to buyers and sellers. They have a knowledgeable and professional team of real estate agents catering to you throughout the buying process.
For Home Sellers:
- Dedicated Agents: Clients receive the assistance of an experienced real estate agent with an expertise in listing, pricing, staging and selling your home to the right buyer quickly.
- Increased Reach: They use their unique marketing systems to maximize your property’s exposure and help you sell your home fast.
For Home buyers:
- Agent Commitment: Agents preview homes in advance on your behalf and also personally tour homes and neighbourhoods with you to help you finalise.
- Tech Tools: Leading-edge tech tools and training gives them the advantage in efficiently finding the right house for you.
👉 Our Take: Keller Williams Realtors is a well-known international real estate company that also happens to be the largest residential real estate firm in the United States of America. The brand has a culture that is agent-centric, technology-driven, and education-based, and it recognizes and rewards its agents for their contributions.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Maine: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Maine Companies (2022 Rankings)
- High On Technology
- Brand Value
- Marketing savvy and tools to get your home top-tier exposure
- Allied partner looking out for you and your home throughout the selling process
- Good customer service
- Franchises performance may vary
- Poor ratings on various portals
- Many customer complaints
Williams Realty Partners is rated 5/ 5 (out of 53 reviews) on Google.
Williams Realty Partners, Keller Williams Coastal and Lakes & Mountains is available across Maine.
Choose the Best Real Estate Company or Agent in Maine
Whether it’s selling a house in Maine or buying one, approximately 92% of homes were sold by using the services of a real estate agent or real estate broker in Maine. Naturally, this makes the selection of the most qualified agent critical to a successful real estate transaction.
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate broker or agent, inquire about their knowledge of the local market and your property type.|
|2. Marketing strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker has with other real estate professionals before making a decision.|
|3. Full-time Professional||Make certain to hire a professional who is available on a full-time basis.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a realtor will be able to guide you through the process of searching for and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Local realtors who work for themselves should not be dismissed. When compared to a larger real estate company, they may have more intimate knowledge of a community.|
In addition to the questions listed above, there are several other factors to consider when hiring a real estate company or an agent.
Readily Available Agents or Brokerage: While there are competent part-time agents who sell properties, you must hire someone who can show your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Offer Suggestions: Pools, screened-in porches, and other desirable features are known to attract buyers to the area. They will advise on which rooms or features to emphasize or de-emphasize.
Similarly, ask real estate agents Maine if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.
Local Expert: Hire or retain a local expert. These agents will also be aware of the typical selling and listing prices in the area.
Other than that, ask a local brokerage or your friends and family if they know anyone who has sold many homes or businesses there. Also, other ideas include looking through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
🏡 How To Sell Your Own Home In Maine By Owner: Read Our Blog To Know How To Sell Your House Without A Realtor.
🌟 Looking For a Reputed Real Estate Company in Maine?
Choose Houzeo! Houzeo is rated 4.5 stars on Google Reviews and Trustpilot. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
In contrast, an inexperienced agent may make things more difficult for you (and your wallet) than they need to be during the home buying process.
There is a specific set of abilities that distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest when it comes time to buy a house. Is there a list of these abilities? Let’s find out
|Point to Remember||Description|
|1. Good Communication >||Look for an agent who is a good communicator and can answer all of your questions about the home-buying process.|
|2. Reliable Experience >||When interviewing real estate agents, be sure to not only inquire about the length of time they have been in the business of buying and selling homes, but also inquire about their specific experience.|
|3. Strong Local Market Knowledge >||Each market is unique. In order to navigate the nuances of your local market, you'll need a real estate agent who is familiar with local market trends and patterns. Choose a real estate agent who has a track record of quickly placing buyers in homes (and getting them a great deal, too).|
|4. Positive Reviews >||Online reviews are a great resource when choosing a realtor. Read as many reviews as you can before choosing a real estate agent, and look for past clients who have only positive things to say about their experiences.|
|5. Personal Rapport >||Ultimately, you want a realtor you like. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so choose someone you enjoy being around and who truly understands your needs.|
» MORE: Who pays realtor fees in Maine
Real Estate Professionals
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working
1. Commission Split
As we know, most realtors work on commission. You don’t get paid unless you sell. When you sell, you’ll split the profits with your broker. Brokers charge various commissions. (Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.) While company culture, resources, market share, reputation, and support will all be important, you should choose a brokerage that offers you a commission split you can live with.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. And this 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. Then you must inform your broker. A 60/40 commission split means you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, the broker’s support and resources, and more. Also, understand the split and how you can increase your percentage over time. Remember that some brokerages now offer real estate agents a salary and benefits package, so you may want to shop around if this approach appeals to you.
Here is an example of a commission split for 5 companies:
|1. Keller Williams||70 / 30|
|2. RE/MAX||95/5, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 (capping system)|
|3. Century 21||50/50, 70/30, 8% franchise fee (capping system)|
|4. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
Before choosing a real estate broker, consider your work environment. How much coworker support do I need? Like other businesses, real estate brokerages develop a culture that guides their operations.
Are you looking for a family-oriented, small-town brokerage? Or do you prefer a big-box franchise brokerage that leaves you to your own devices? Is it a weekly get-together or a company caravan? The best way to learn about a company’s culture is to talk to employees or attend company events.
3. Reputation of the Company
Begin your research by performing a buyer-like Google search as you want a brokerage with a solid market presence and a good reputation as you can rely on them to find leads if they have a large market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and the right broker can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate broker, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like RE/MAX and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized and based locally. Working for an independent real estate broker in Maine gives you more freedom to run your business as you wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
For example, some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
» Maine Seller Disclosure Law: Here’s Houzeo’s Guide On Seller Disclosures.
Top Real Estate Companies to Work for in Maine
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s discuss the 5 best real estate companies to work for in Maine based on commissions, fees, training, brand recognition, and marketing efforts.
|Williams Realty Partners, Keller Williams||Agents looking for a high commission structure as well as opportunities for continuing education|
|Realty of Maine||Great work environment, Marketing, lead generation, and other tools for tech-savvy agents|
Sell your home In Maine With Houzeo
A top real estate agent has a lot of clients in their pocket. Working with the largest or the biggest real estate company has its disadvantage. Often people have these two questions: ‘Real estate offices near me’ and ‘how to find a good real estate broker?’
However, keep in mind that even though you opt for one of the biggest real estate companies near you, the REALTOR’S experience might not be enough. As we have already read about the companies where the agent- experience may not be the same everywhere. Additionally, the agents may show interest in a deal only if the deal is extremely profitable.
In this case, a top-rated Flat Fee MLS listing service is invaluable in helping you reach your goals, whether you’re buying or selling a house for the first time or the fifth.
With Houzeo, instead of paying the average listing rate of around 3%, you’ll only pay a flat fee which will save you not only thousands of dollars but also give you a great buying-selling experience.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$349||5%-6%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
▶️ Click Here: What American Home Sellers Have To Say About Houzeo?
What does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
Check out the following video for all the details you need:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
Traditional real estate companies are losing the war against flat fee MLS models with disruptive technology tools like Houzeo.com. In 2022’s unusually hot seller’s market, you should explore all options before deciding to sell with a real estate company.
Why pay 3% of your hard-earned equity in 2022 for MLS exposure if you can list your house for a flat rate?
The seemingly endless listing paperwork has been intuitively digitized in Houzeo so that you can list your house on the MLS with minimal clicks, usually under 60 minutes.
If you feel lost or need additional assistance during the process, you can check in with our 5-Star Customer Support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the biggest and the largest real estate company in Maine?
Real estate companies in Maine are ranked based on various factors. As per our research, Houzeo is the best real estate company for home sellers wanting to save on real estate agent commissions.
Which is the best real estate company to work for in Maine?
According to sources, the best real estate company to work for in Maine is Williams Realty Partner affiliated to Keller Williams Realty. It is a top rated Agent Training Organization.
- who pays closing cost in Maine: Paying closing costs is important to finalize the real estate transaction. Read more to know your closing cost obligations.
- how much are closing costs in ME: Discover your closing cost obligations in Maine.
- selling inherited property in Maine: Find out the detailed points to consider while selling your Maine inherited house.
- Maine cash buyers – Discover best Companies in Maine that Buy homes for cash.
For FL Home Sellers:
- Selling My House Maine: Read our guide to have a smooth experience in selling your house.
- want to sell my house as is Maine: Read our blog to know more on selling your house as-is in Maine.
- need to sell my house fast Maine: Check out the best options to sell your Maine home Fast.
- sell my house fast for cash in Maine: Looking to sell your house fast for cash? Read more!
- best time to sell a house in Maine: Find out the best time to sell your Maine house.
- how much are closing costs for seller in ME: This blog will answer all your questions about seller closing costs in Maine and how to calculate and negotiate them.
- seller closing cost calculator Maine: Here’s Houzeo’s Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator.
For ME Home Buyers:
- Maine buyer closing cost calculator: Here’s Houzeo’s Buyer’s Closing Cost Calculator.
- how much are closing costs for buyers in ME: If you are a buyer, here are some closing costs you may have to pay when buying a house.
- How to Buy a House in Maine with Bad Credit: Here’s our guide on how to get a house with bad credit.
Related Keywords: real estate companies in maine, maine real estate companies, real estate companies in southern maine, top real estate companies in maine, real estate agents in maine, best real estate companies in portland maine, best real estate company to work for in maine, realtors in maine, laflin and wolfington real estate, maine real estate, maine realtors, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, maine real estate listings, real estate maine, homes for sale in maine, seller closing costs calculator Maine, buyer closing costs calculator Maine