House prices in Maui, Hawaii have gone up by 12.5% over the past year. With this rise, home sellers can engage in real estate transactions that are highly profitable. Hence, discount real estate brokers in Maui, HI are high in demand as they charge low commissions, let’s look at some of the best discount real estate brokers in Hawaii.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Maui, Hawaii
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
|3.||Hawaii Flat Fee||2.5% & 3% Commission||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4.||Ideal Agent||2% |
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Maui, Hawaii
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since there is no broker commission involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Start your free listing on Houzeo.com today!: Save this link.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
📣 GREAT LOCAL EXPOSURE
Why OahuRE.com is #2?
OahuRE.com is a full-service real estate broker that helps sellers to sell their houses at a discounted commission. This gives home sellers in Hawaii the chance to save a lot of money while selling their houses at a high price.
OahuRE.com for Home Sellers
- Low Commissions: They offer their full service at a 2% commission. This helps them to sell their house while enjoying various benefits the package has to offer.
- Full-Time Agent Representation: OhauRE.com will assign an agent that will help you at every step of the process. This helps the seller to stay updated without having to contact multiple people.
- Additional Features: Their full service includes photography, a transaction management system, a showing feedback system, and a customized website (linked by over 1000 MLS sites) that will offer more exposure to your listing.
OahuRE.com for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebates: OahuRE.com offers buyer rebates of 20% (and upto 50%) on new properties. This makes for significant savings that can be used for covering closing costs.
- Transaction Management Software: Their digital tools help you keep track of critical deadlines and other important contingencies during the home-buying process.
👉 Our Take: OahuRE.com has good set of features available for both buyers and sellers, making it one of the best local discount real estate brokers for your real estate experience.
» Selling A House In Hawaii: Here’s everything you need to know for selling your house in Hawaii.
- Customized website linked over by 1000 MLS websites.
- Professional photography
- Online transaction management system.
- Qualified Agents.
- Great local exposure.
OhauRE.com has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google.
OahuRE.com covers counties in the state of Hawaii.
3. Hawaii Flat Fee
Hawaii Flat Fee
Why Hawaii Flat Fee #3: Hawaii Flat Fee is a local discount full-service discount broker that offers full-service facilities in Hawaii Island, Lanai, Kauai, Maui, Molokai, and Oahu.
Hawaii Flat Fee for Home Sellers
- Low Commissions: With Hawaii Flat Fee, you have to pay a seller’s commission of 2%-3%. This is significantly lower than the national average.
- Online Marketing Service: Your property here will be marketed on MLS and other important real estate websites.
- Other Service: With Hawaii Flat Fee you can also put your home on the MLS for only $250.00
Hawaii Flat fee for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebates: With Hawaii Flat Fee, you can get up to 50% of our commission back when you buy a home. These will make for significant savings.
👉 Our Take: Your Future Address is a great choice for home sellers as they charge low commissions and offer great features.
» How to Sell a House by Owner in Hawaii: Check this link out to find more about selling a house by owner in Hawaii.
- List up to 25 photos without paying extra
- Listing for 12 months
- Discount full-service at 2.5%-3%
- Up to 3%-4% of an additional fee
- Buyer rebate up to 50%
Hawaii Flat Fee has 2 out of 5 stars (2 total reviews) on Google.
Services in Hawaii, Kauai, Maui, Molokai, and Oahu.
4. Ideal Agent
👨💼 QUALITY AGENTS
Ideal Agent, a discounted real estate broker, helps the sellers find quality agents when compared with their competitors.
Ideal Agent for Homesellers
- Top Agents: Ideal Agent has built a reputation of working with only the top 1% of agents. The agent matching service is free of cost, and there is no obligation to work with the recommended realtors.
- Marginal Savings: Ideal Agent charges a commission of 2%. This means marginal savings for the sellers against the average traditional listing agent commission of 2.5%.
- Delayed Processing: This creates a delay in the selling process. The sellers must talk to the concierge on the phone before the agent is assigned. This creates a delay in the selling process.
Ideal Agent for Homebuyers
- Not Buyer Focused: Ideal Agent offers no significant benefits for home buyers. Buyers can hire an agent, but they need to get in touch with their customer service to set up a call with the concierge. The agent will contact the buyers only after these steps have been completed.
👉 Our Take: A major drawback of Ideal Agent is that it does not make the process of home buying easier or beneficial for the buyers. Moreover, having to speak to a concierge increases the amount of time it takes to list a property. On the other hand, Houzeo.com helps sellers list their property in 8 business hours.
» Ideal Agent Reviews: Read This BEFORE You Choose Them!
- Qualified agents
- No obligation to choose an agent
- Add-on services like professional photos and more
- Good customer service
- Minimal savings
- Single-agent match
- Inconsistent agent results
- No customer dashboard
- No buyer savings
Ideal agent has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
Ideal Agent is available throughout the U.S.
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”, but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
Everything You Should Know About Selling with Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies
What are Discount/ Low Commission Real Estate Brokers & Companies?
Discount real estate brokers in Maui, Hawaii, or low commission real estate agents are individuals that provide specific services for a discounted fee. Instead of charging the seller standard agent commission of 3% (listing agent commission), discount realtors will work for less (such as a 1%-2% commission or a pre-defined flat fee) and provide restricted services. The discounted rate can save sellers a good amount of money.
Discount real estate brokers in Maui, Hawaii typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in the price.
Types of Low-Cost Realtors
There are 4 kinds of low commission real estate agents:
1. Flat Fee MLS Brokers
A flat fee MLS listing company or service is nothing but a registered Hawaii real estate agent with a low commission or discount that lists your home on the MLS for an upfront flat fee.
The seller and the broker agree on a la carte services, and the broker takes a flat fee instead of a percentage of the home’s sale price. Say you want to sell a $500,000 home. A traditional agent will charge you between 2% and 3% of the sale price. That’s 15 grand!
With a flat-fee model, you’ll pay an average of $300, which includes listing and marketing. Even if you choose to add services like pricing and buyer negotiations, you will still save money.
Want Traditional Realtor’s Service With Minimal Interaction?
👉 Houzeo makes it possible!
Houzeo offers competitive deals with a 100% online presence and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat-fee, and no commission for all DIY plans.
2. Virtual Full-Service Agents
Think of every step a traditional agent takes, from listing your property, marketing it, pricing it, negotiating with buyers, and closing it.
A virtual flat fee realtor does all that – online. Because of their cloud-based presence, they have many advantages such as lesser fees, discounted commissions, and much better management and marketing support. Many MLS listing companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online.
- ✍️ SAVE: A virtual full service company will not provide any in-person agent support, meaning, you will have to take over most of the groundwork. It may not be the best option for a first time seller.
3. Flat Rate Low Commission
Some markets offer lower commissions for Hawaii real estate agents. The agent will sell your home for $3,000-$6,000. The flat rate depends on the house’s value and the agent’s performance. In this case, there is no percentage listing fee. Everything has a fixed price. Homie is one of the best examples of a real estate broker. It is a flat-rate $3500 broker with a low commission rate. Homie can charge lower prices because it doesn’t offer as many services as a full-service agent.
Think about the following situation: The price on the list is $450,000. With a flat-rate model, the agent’s commission fee stays the same no matter what happens, even if you agree to sell your home for less money. This is because it is a flat rate that doesn’t depend on how much the house is sold for.
Find out what services a discount broker includes before hiring them. Before signing, read the entire contract. Some services, like consultation, professional photography, yard signs, and other marketing materials are included, but not guaranteed.
Including them in your budget can save you a lot of money. Any discount broker contract, especially the fine print, should be read carefully. Even with a flat-rate agent, you’ll still pay between 2.5 and 3 percent in buyer’s agent fees.
4. Discounted Commission Full-Service Real Estate Agents
Full-service discount brokers offer many of the same services as traditional realtors for a low listing fee or flat rate, but they don’t charge as much. When a house is sold, they give the seller money back in the form of a discount on their commissions.
For example, if low commission real estate agents charge 1.5 percent of the sale price instead of the standard 2.5 percent of the sale price on a $450,000 house, you will save $4,500 in commissions. There are many discount real estate brokers, but they are not all the same.
Some have a lot more value and a lot less risk than others. But in most businesses, you have to take what you can get. All of these things could happen if there aren’t many services, if there’s less support if agents don’t have much experience, and if there’s not much to choose from.
👍 BETTER IN ALL – TECHNOLOGY, SERVICES & SAVINGS!
Why pay a higher commission for a lower service? With Houzeo you can get better services at an affordable price!!
- 💻100% Online
- 💰You list your home at a very reasonable price within 24 hours
- 📣 Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- ⭐ 5-Star Customer Support
- ❌ You can cancel anytime with no obligation
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or a low-commission company will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Albany, NY.
|Traditional Agent |
If the seller has to pay a lower sum in commission, they may reduce the overall price of the house, making the property that much inexpensive to buy for you.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||Plus $395 at closing. 6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$549||Plus $395 at closing. 6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$599||Plus $395 at closing. Virtual Full-Service that includes everything you require to sell the property with unlimited term and changes!|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
4 More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Do you negotiate well? If yes, that’s going to help you. Commissions in the real estate industry can be negotiated, but many sellers are often not aware. Even if the company is a flat-rate discounter, you can always ask for a few minor tweaks. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how:
Average Area Commission
Know the worth of your property. For example, Hawaii’s average real estate commission can influence the price of your property. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible. Once you know your reference point, negotiations can get a lot more reasonable.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount brokerage or company to buy and sell has its own set of advantages. It makes you more likely to be repeat customers, giving you more chances to get refunds and cheaper commissions. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company. This can help lower the buyer’s closing costs.
» Buyer Closing Costs In Maui, Hawaii: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs!
Pick the right type of discount broker
Discount brokerages are only beneficial to those whose houses are a little expensive. Picking a flat rate realtor in Hawaii may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will end up losing more, instead, for maximum savings, you can pick a flat fee MLS company.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee. This can further help lower seller closing costs.
» Seller Closing Costs In Maui, Hawaii: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs!
How to choose a Discount Real Estate Broker, Brokerage, or Company?
To find a low-commission real estate agent or a discount realtor, look for a low-commission brand. Check for services and the best companies. You will be assigned a low-commission real estate agent based on brokerage policies. As a seller, you should choose the right broker after thorough research.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Maui, Hawaii
A traditional agent helps you to buy, sell, and rent, in a real estate transaction. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Do you know how much commission they earn? The average overall commission fee for selling a home is 5%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes frequently and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in the sale and marketing of their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs, which can potentially total up to a staggering 17 percent!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» Companies That Buy Houses For Cash in Maui, Hawaii: Check out the blog for more in detail.
For Sale By Owner
In for sale by owner, the property is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly. FSBO is only advisable for sellers with experience in the selling process and marketing. The best way to do FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents throughout the country, allowing it to sell faster and with the most exposure possible.
» How To Sell A House By Owner in Maui, Hawaii: A step-by-step guide!
Let’s Find Out How Houzeo Works
Real estate bargain brokers fall midway between a for-sale-by-owner and a full-service agency. With MLS listing packages starting at $349 and cutting-edge technology that allows you to manage your property, review offers, counter, and manage showings online and via their mobile app, Houzeo delivers the best of both worlds.
Check out the following video to understand: What is Houzeo? How does it work? And, why you should choose Houzeo for FSBO & Flat Fee MLS listing over other companies.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
There are a number of low-cost discount real estate brokers in Maui today that provide unique features at a great value. For a seller, it is recommended to check on pointers like listing fees, listing time, services offered, customer service, coverage, and technology to select a Honolulu discount realtor..
Frequently Asked Questions
Related: best discount real estate brokers, is homelight legitimateUncategorized