San Diego is one of the most competitive real estate markets where houses get sold in 12 days! Therefore, it is not surprising that house prices in the city went up by 20.5% in May 2022.
Selling a house in this booming market is beneficial for sellers. One way to make the most profit is to sell the property through a discount realtor.
Here are some of the best discount real estate brokers in San Diego, CA who can help.
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in San Diego, CA
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||1 Percent San Diego||1% |
|3.||New Hope Realty Inc.||1% |
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in San Diego, CA
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. 1 Percent San Diego
1 percent San Diego
Why 1 Percent San Diego is #2: 1 Percent San Diego is a company under Next Home Bella Properties. NHB Properties was started by Justin Santolaya to provide clients in San Diego, CA, with real estate services. However, 1 Percent San Diego under NHB Properties provides the same real estate services at a discounted commission.
1 Percent San Diego for Home Sellers
- Discounted Commission: Sellers can list and sell their property at a 1% commission. In this service, they offer various real estate processes that help sellers effectively sell their property while saving on hefty commissions.
- Agent Support: Justin Santolaya and his team of experienced agents can help sellers to sell their property anywhere in San Diego.
- Features: Their service includes strategic planning, marketing, preparation, showings, offers, escrow, and closing services.
1 Percent San Diego for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: 1 Percent San Diego offers a buyer rebate of up to 1%.
👉 Our Take: 1 Percent San Diego can be a great option for buyers and sellers. Their local expertise is an additional advantage that allows them to guide their clients better.
» How To Sell My House Fast San Diego, CA: Here’s All You Can Do
- Detailed strategy planning that includes market analysis, buyer profile analysis, pricing strategy, etc.
- Property preparation including professional photography, creating marketing materials.
- Listing is distributed for wide exposure.
- Online Marketing
- Preparation for Showings
- Review during escrow process
- Review during close of escrow
No credible reviews were found.
1 Percent San Diego offers its services only in San Diego.
3. New Hope Realty Inc.
🌐 GREAT LOCAL EXPOSURE
New Hope Realty Inc.
Why New Hope Realty Inc. is #3: New Hope Realty Inc is a full-service discount real estate broker based in California. The company was started by Tom Hallen, a licensed broker, who offers his services at a low commission to his clients. They also offer services to sellers looking for Flat Fee MLS listings and sale by owner FSBO assistance.
New Hope Realty Inc. for Home Sellers
- Low Commission: New Hope Realty allows sellers to list and sell their property for 1% and lower for the whole process. They offer everything from listing to selling a property in this service.
- Agent Support: Sellers get to work directly with Tom Hallen directly at every step of their process. With his 10 years of experience, he has helped many clients sell their houses and save substantial money during each transaction.
- Features: Chance to list on the MLS, exposure on websites in Southern California. All the documents, disclosures, negotiations, information, and assistance required at the escrow are included in the package too.
New Hope Realty Inc. for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: New Hope Realty Inc. offers a buyer rebate of 1-1.5% based on the amount of assistance required by the buyer. The rebate is provided through the escrow company and can be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: By basing the amount of buyer rebate on the assistance required, New Hope Realty Inc. is indirectly charging buyers a commission for their buyer agent services, which are usually free. The buyer agent’s commission is usually paid by the seller.
» Selling A House In California: A detailed guide sellers should read.
- Experienced Local Broker
- Matterport 3D Virtual Tours
- Professional photography
- Open Houses
- Sale signs & Supra lockbox
No credible reviews were found.
New Hope Realty covers places in Southern California, including Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County, and Ventura.
Prevu offers a single package with all the start-to-end services you require during your sale.
- Full Service – 1.5% Commission: Prevu charges a lower commission of 1.5% of the sale price for selling a house. It includes various features like home valuation, 3D virtual tours, open houses, professional photographs, listing on MLS, and social ad campaigns.
Prevu Coverage: Prevu is available in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend Prevu real estate to most home sellers and buyers. It only helps in substantial savings if you’re buying a house priced above $750,000.
» Prevu Reviews: Is it really a good idea to choose them? To learn more, read the entire review!
Prevu is a full-service low commission brokerage based in New York that aims to change the old-school ways of the real estate market.
- Mortgage & Closing Costs Calculator: You can get an estimate of your mortgage and closing costs by using Prevu’s Calculator. The closing cost feature is only for NYC sellers.
- Buyer Rebate: Buyers who purchase a house with Prevu get two-thirds of the commission that Prevu receives from the seller.
- Smart Buyer Platform: Prevu’s technology allows buyers to search for homes, communicate with their agents online, schedule showings, and make an offer.
» How does Prevu work? Check this out to learn more about their functioning.
Here are some negatives of Prevu you should know about.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Prevu has limited and inconsistent agent matching, which compromises the quality.
- Variable Listing Fee: The listing fee varies as per your location, which could burn a hole in your pocket.
Prevu has a stellar rating of 5 out of 5 from 456 reviews on Google.
» Prevu Real Estate Reviews: Check out our in-depth reviews on Prevu.
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the commission paid to the listing agent. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers in San Diego. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed individuals who help clients to buy and sell their property at a flat rate or low commission. Some flat rate realtors or discount real estate brokerages offer full-service whereas, others offer limited services that may just include MLS San Diego listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, ensure that they include all the features you require to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount realtors in San Diego, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Realtors San Diego, California
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Houwzer|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Redfin|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Commissions in the real estate industry can be negotiated. Even if the company is a flat-rate discount brokerage firm in San Diego, you can always ask for a better price. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how:
Average Area Commission
Know your leverage before negotiating. For example, the real estate commission in San Diego, CA, is 4.92%, which is lower than the national average. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible. Once you know your reference point, negotiations can get a lot more reasonable.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount brokerage or company to buy and sell has its own advantage! Many companies offer benefits like refunds and cheaper commissions to such repeat customers. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company.
Pick the right type of discount broker
Choosing the right type of discount broker can help you get more bang for your buck, while also increasing savings! For example, picking a flat rate discount broker may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will wind up paying a higher commission. For maximum savings, you can opt for a flat fee MLS company instead.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee. This can further help lower the seller closing cost.
» Seller Closing Cost in California: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs!
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker in San Diego/Company Over a Traditional Agent?
Let’s assume a property costs $600,000. In the US, through a traditional real estate company, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% of the sales price in agent commission. Through a traditional process, a seller can incur closing costs anywhere between $30000 – $32000 – that’s too expensive. A person can try selling a house as is to avoid exorbitant commissions through discount realtors in San Diego.
|Traditional Agent |
💡Make A Note: Sellers get discount on seller’s agent commission only, they still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
If you are a buyer, approaching a discount realty in San Diego, TX, that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much more inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs in California: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$499||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$399||Additional 0.75% due at Closing. 12-month listing + Virtual Full Service that includes everything you require to sell the property.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Brokers Near Me Who Offer Flat Fee MLS
Before opting for a discount real estate brokerage firm in San Diego to sell your home, you would want to know their coverage. All discount realtors in San Diego do not have the same coverage. Some San Diego real estate brokerages offer discount all over the country, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS(Multiple Listing Service), you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
Alternatives to Discount/Low Commission Real Estate Agents
A traditional agent assists you in buying, selling, renting, and all other aspects of real estate. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Let’s get down to business with their commissions. The average overall commission fee for selling a home is 5-6%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes on a regular basis and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in the sale and marketing of their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
» Real Estate Websites in San Diego: Best of 2022!
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs, which can potentially total up to a staggering 17 percent!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» We Buy Houses For Cash In San Diego: 8 Best Companies That Buy Houses For Cash!
For Sale By Owner
As the term indicates, a for sale by owner property is one that is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly. FSBO is ideal for sellers with some experience with the selling process and marketing. The best way to FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents all throughout the country, allowing it to sell faster and with the most exposure possible.
» For sale by owner websites: Best of 2022!
With the median prices at $916K, it is evident that the housing market is very competitive in San Diego. Discount real estate brokers in San Diego can help home sellers benefit the most from the process.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that will help home sellers to list their property from the comfort of their homes. Its customer-centric approach and advanced technology make Houzeo an ideal choice for residents in San Diego to list and sell their property without paying high commissions.
» Best Flat Fee MLS San Diego CA Listing Services: Top 5!
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions About Discount Real Estate Brokers in San Diego
How much commission does a Realtor make in San Diego, CA?
The average Realtor commission in San Diego is 5%-6%. For example, your house is priced at $600,000. A traditional agent will charge you between 2% and 3% of the sale price - which is 18 grand!
How to get a real estate license in San Diego?
To become a real estate agent in San Diego, the aspirant must complete a mandatory education course. After which they receive a free SDAR (Greater San Diego Association of REALTORS) membership. Eventually, the aspirant must take practice tests, pass the California Realtor test and obtain full membership of SDAR. These steps will allow them to start working as a real estate agent in San Diego, California.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in San Diego, California?
Yes, you can negotiate Realtor fees in San Diego if you know your property's worth. A seller can negotiate based on the house's condition and the property's location. It is advisable to deal in the beginning because unaware sellers can end up paying high commission fees which they could have avoided.
How much do real estate brokers make in San Diego, California?
According to PayScale, the average salary of a real estate broker in San Diego is between $25k - $108k. This compensation is based on the experience, skill sets, and the city they are from.
Related: top realtors in san diego, best realtors in san diego, realtors in san diego, san diego realtor, discount brokers real estate, discounted real estate brokers, low cost realtors, discount real estate agents, discount agent, discount properties, discount real estate, Prevu reviews, discount realtor near me, discount brokers real estate, homelight real estateUncategorized