Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
The Sacramento real estate market is very competitive. Homes in Sacramento are selling for 2-6% above the listing price. Opting for discount real estate brokers in Sacramento can help home sellers and buyers save a significant amount of money.
Here are the top discount real estate brokers in Sacramento, CA!
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Sacramento, CA
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||California Discount Real Estate||1% |
|3.||Everhome Realty||$4950 |
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Sacramento, CA
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. California Discount Real Estate
💵 LOW COMMISSION
California Discount Real Estate
Why California Discount Real Estate is #2: California Discount Real Estate is a low fee real estate brokerage. They also offer flat fee MLS listing services.
California Discount Real Estate for Home Sellers
- Packages: The discount real estate broker offers three different packages with varying upfront fees and commission rates. Sellers who pay an upfront fee of $999 are offered a discounted commission of 0.5%. Similarly, sellers who pay an upfront fee of $399 are charged a commission of 0.75% at closing. 1% listing fee is charged when the seller does not pay any upfront fee.
- Minimum Listing Commission: There is a minimum listing commission ranging from $2000-$3000 for each package.
- Full Service: All these packages are full service. These include services like listing the property on MLS, contract negotiation, and a virtual slide show. The discount brokerage also offers a 3D virtual for additional charges, starting at $395.
California Discount Real Estate for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate of up to 50%, depending on the number of days the real estate agent has to spend to show the buyer the house and the mortgage.
👉 Our Take: While the different packages offered can help sellers save a significant amount of money, it is important to note that certain services are provided only if the seller offers a buyer agent’s commission of 2.5%. California Discount Real Estate expects the buyers to look for properties and offers rebates accordingly. This is not standard industry practice, as the buyer, in essence, is paying for these services. Buyer agent services are generally free for the buyers and are paid for by the sellers.
» Selling A House AS IS In California: Here’s How To Do It
- Listing on websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more
- Professional photography with up to 32 photos
- 3D virtual tour
- Virtual slide show
- Contract negotiation
- Closing assistance
- Writing and reviewing offers
- Communication with an escrow officer
No credible reviews were found.
California Discount Real Estate offers services in Oregon, Arizona, and California.
💰 FLAT RATE
Why Everhome Realty is #3: Everhome Realty is a flat rate discount realty that offers full service at a discounted price.
Everhome Realty for Home Sellers
- Flat Rate: The low fee real estate brokerage offers two flat rates based on criteria like the price of the house, if it is vacant, owner-occupied, or tenant-occupied, the property is a single-family to multifamily home, to name a few.
- Full Service: Some services offered by Everhome Realty are professional photography, yard sign, virtual tour, custom website, and exposure on social media.
Everhome Realty for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: Everhome Realty offers a buyer rebate of up to 50%. However, this is only for buyers who have already identified a home for which they want to write an offer.
👉 Our Take: Everhome Realty can be a great option for home sellers with the flat rate full service packages. However, the firm does not offer any significant benefits for buyers looking for more traditional assistance for house hunting.
» California Seller Disclosures: A Guide To Ace Your Disclosure Process
- Professional photography
- Virtual tour
- Custom property website
- Yard sign
- Showing coordination
- Bluetooth lockbox
- Social media exposure
- Paid digital marketing
Everhome Realty has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Zillow and Trustpilot.
Everhome realty offers remote real estate services in California and Florida.
💻 GOOD TECHNOLOGY | GREAT SERVICES
Redfin is known for its technology when compared with other realtors with low commission. They have a great user interface with features like Redfin home search and a platform to provide full-service brokerage.
Redfin for Home Sellers
- Packages: Redfin offers 4 different packages with a range of services to sellers. However, it must be noted that all plans also have varying seller agent commissions. For instance, the listing commission of the “Full Service” plan is 1.5 percent, while for the “Concierge” plan, it is 2 percent of the sale price.
- Add-on services: These add-on services include a real estate photographer, home search tool, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more.
- Sales Proceeds Calculator: With this feature, the seller can calculate the sales proceeds they will receive by entering an estimate of the sale price, outstanding mortgage, and the property’s location.
Redfin for Home Buyers
- Frequent Listings Update: Redfin claims that they update their listings every 5 mins. This may give the buyers prompt access to more listings, increasing options.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate as “Redfin Refund” in certain states. However, the buyer is eligible for the refund only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6500.
👉 Our Take: Redfin agents may not be able to give personalized attention due to a high volume of clients. Additionally, it takes almost 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS, according to Redfin’s listing agreement, while Houzeo.com lists it in 8 business hours.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Holistic services
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Average customer service
- Limited agent selection (according to negative redfin reviews)
Redfin has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs, Yelp, and Google.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets giving it a near-nationwide coverage.
⛔ RESTRICTED COVERAGE
Prevu is a full-service low commission brokerage based in New York that aims to change the old-school ways of the real estate market.
Prevu for Home Sellers
- Listing Fee: Prevu charges a lower commission of 1.5% of the sale price for selling a house.
- Package Fee: Prevu’s 1.5% full-service package includes various features like home valuation, 3D virtual tours, open houses, professional photographs, listing on MLS, and social ad campaigns.
- Closing Costs Calculator: Sellers in NYC can get an estimate of their closing costs by using Prevu’s Closing Costs Calculator.
Prevu for Home Buyers
- Smart Buyer’s Platform: Prevu’s technology allows buyers to search for homes, communicate with their agents online, schedule showings, and make an offer.
- Smart Buyer Commission Rebate: Buyers who purchase a house with Prevu get two-thirds of the commission that Prevu receives from the seller.
- Mortgage Calculator & Closing Costs Calculator: Prevu’s Mortgage Calculator allows buyers to get an estimate of their monthly mortgage payments. The Closing Costs Calculator is only available for buyers in NYC.
👉 Our Take: Though Prevu’s listing price is lesser than traditional realtor commission, it is still higher than other low commission real estate companies.
- Qualified agents
- Buyer rebate
- The listing fee can be variable as per the location, which means limited savings
- Inconsistent and limited agent matching
- Compromise on quality because of less number of agents
- Limited coverage
Prevu has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
Prevu is available in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional realtors in California. Some flat rate or low commission realtors offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they provide all the services required to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in Sacramento, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Sacramento, CA
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Everhome Realty|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||California Discount Real Estate|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Agent in Sacramento Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur seller closing costs in California anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house in California through low commission discount real estate brokers.
|Traditional Agent |
Similarly, if you are a buyer, approaching a discount realty that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much inexpensive to purchase. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Seller Closing Cost in California and Buyer Closing Cost in California: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs!
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousand
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$399||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|GOLD||$499||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|PLATINUM||$399||Plus 0.75% due at closing. 1-year listing, maximum number of photos, virtual full-service with everything you require to sell the property. Unlimited term and changes included! No hidden costs at closing.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount real estate brokers in Sacramento, CA, do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
Even as the American real estate market is cooling down, the median price of homes in Sacramento has increased by 7.8% over the past year. If you are looking to sell your home, discount real estate brokers in Sacramento can help you get the best price for your home and save you thousands in commission.
The number of active listings has gone up by 12% since June this year. This means that there are more options and room for negotiation for buyers in Sacramento, even as it continues to be a seller’s market. So, if you are looking to buy a home in Sacramento, this is an optimal time, as Realtors in Sacramento predict a further 4% increase in prices in the second half of the year.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offers 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Additionally, Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell their property in Sacramento without paying high commissions.
» Best Companies That Buy Houses For Cash in Sacramento, CA: Top 5!
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions
What are closing costs in California 2022?
On average, sellers pay up to 0.8% of the sales price as closing costs in California, while buyers contribute 2-5%.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Sacramento?
Everhome Realty, California Discount Real Estate, and Houzeo.com are the top discount real estate brokers in Sacramento.
What percentage do most realtors charge in Sacramento?
Most realtors in Sacramento charge a commission of 5.06% on average. In contrast, discount real estate brokers in Sacramento charge 3.5-4% commission.
Related: discount realtor in sacramento ca, flat rate realtor in sacramento, low commission real estate brokers in sacramento ca, cheap realty companies, low cost realtor commission, best flat fee mls companies in California, real estate websites California, we buy houses for cash in California, discount real estate brokers in California, California real estate brokers, real estate companies in California, how to sell a house by owner in california, discount real estate brokers near me, what is homelightUncategorized