47% of home buyers search for properties online. As a home seller, you need to find a real estate website in Rockford that will provide powerful tech tools at low costs.
As a home buyer, you need a great agent for negotiations, maximizing buyer rebates, and stellar customer support.
A good real estate website can steer your way through these choppy waters and give you smooth and hassle-free real estate transactions.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best real estate websites in Forest City. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: 7 Best Real Estate Websites in Rockford
🏅 Best Real Estate Sites in Rockford
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in Rockford
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission. Houzeo offers you 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+ 0.5 at closing: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+ 1% at closing: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 8 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo attracts a monthly audience of more than 200,000 visitors. Moreover, when you use Houzeo, your home also gets listed on MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Redfin.
- Save Thousands in Commission: On average, home sellers who sold on Houzeo saved approximately $11,490. One seller even saved $45,000!
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo’s tech-centric approach means you won’t waste time printing, scanning, and emailing listing documents. Offers and showings too are online.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
Houzeo.com is Rockford’s #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers Rockford’s FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Pricing is not disclosed on the website. Although you will have to pay the common closing costs, home inspection, appraisal, etc..
👉 Our Take: We recommend Realtor.com if you are house-hunting. Accurate listing information and a substantial property database make it stand out from other real estate sites.
» Best FSBO Websites: High-tech FSBO sites are helping home sellers save $$$.
Here are some advantages of choosing Realtor.com:
- REALTOR Support: It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). So, buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor.
- Neighborhood Information: Realtor.com is available nationwide and provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details.
- Accurate Data: It has accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Agent Support: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
- Home Value: Realtor.com offers accurate home value estimation.
- REALTORs Database: It has the biggest database of trust-worthy realtor communities.
- Best Calculators: Realtor.com provides mortgage and refinance calculators.
- Mobile App: Yes!
Realtor.com has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Offline Process: Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
- Poor Reviews: Realtor.com has very poor reviews on Trustpilot. Many of their users complain about their customer support and realtor’s services.
- Unwanted Calls: If you have ever inquired about a property on Realtor.com, you should expect unsolicited calls from their agents. As mentioned in some of their reviews.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com has a lot of statistical data as it sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems. This information is updated regularly, making realtor.com the most accurate real estate database in Rockford.
It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). However, Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
Trulia, a Zillow subsidiary, is an online real estate marketplace for buyers and renters. They do not provide an MLS listing and instead only provide a comprehensive database of properties.
Trulia doesn’t charge users for features like browsing listings, photos, or contacting agents. However, it does offer premium features and advertising options that require payment.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trulia’s app as it is powerful and that is easy to use
» Trulia Reviews: Is It Truly a Smart Choice to Sell or Rent? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
Trulia has an easy-to-use app that is preferred by a lot of customers. It has other following features:
- Extensive Listings: Trulia is a well-established online real estate marketplace with vast listings. It covers several property types and locations, allowing users to explore various options.
- Neighborhood Information: Trulia provides valuable neighborhood information, including crime rates, schools, amenities, and transportation options. This feature helps users make informed decisions about where they want to live.
- Agent Connectivity: Trulia allows users to connect with real estate agents directly through the platform. This service may benefit those who prefer to work with an agent when buying or renting a home.
- Mobile App: Trulia offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. They provide convenient access to property listings, saved searches, and notifications.
- Local Coverage: It offers a comprehensive map and filters, which make it easier to look for local information about the property.
- Best Calculators: Trulia has a mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator to serve you better.
» What is Trulia? Check this out to know more about Trulia and its working.
Here are some red flags you need to consider before choosing Trulia:
- No MLS Listings: Trulia does not directly provide access to MLS (Multiple Listing Service) listings. The company primarily relies on listings from agents and other sources.
- Limited FSBO Options: Trulia primarily caters to real estate professionals, so the site focuses on listings represented by agents. Thus, Trulia may not provide as much visibility to a For Sale By Owner home as an FSBO website.
- Pricing Information: Trulia does not publicly disclose specific pricing information for its premium advertising options for real estate professionals. For detailed pricing and package options, agents should contact Trulia directly.
- Listings Can be Outdated: Sometimes even if the house is sold, the listing is not updated. This can mislead the buyers.
Trulia is a dynamic, powerful, and easy-to-use house-hunting website in Rockford. It offers the best home-buying features like a comprehensive map to narrow down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary that aims to be the one-stop solution for all home buyers. However, it does not provide FSBO listings.
RE/MAX is a network of franchised brokerages that are independently owned and operated. It has more than 125,000 agents across the U.S.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend RE/MAX for its personalized agent service. The agents will guide you throughout the entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Personal Agent: RE/MAX agents guide you throughout your entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Extensive Marketing: Agents at RE/MAX use cutting-edge tools and implement multiple marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
Here are some red flags of RE/MAX:
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has so many customer complaints. Previous customers have also said that the process took time and got delayed.
RE/MAX has a poor rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020. They have a wide presence in Rockford.
Customers have given good reviews to RE/MAX’s real estate agents for their professionalism, in-person support, and ability to bring in good offers.
5. Gambino Realtors
The Gambino Realtors is a local real estate firm. They have been active in Rockford since 1923. They offer a range of services, including residential and commercial sales, property management, and relocation assistance.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend this company for its map search feature. This helps users to get the exact location of the house.
Here are some advantages of Gambino Realtors you should consider before choosing them:
- Home Selling Services: Gambino Realtors provide services like marketing you home, virtual market analysis, market trends, and many more.
- Map Search: They offer a map search option on their website, which helps users to get the exact location of the house they are looking for.
- Strong Realtor Base: There are 100+ Realtors trained with a result-oriented mindset.
- Property Valuation: They provide property valuation services, which let you find your home worth and proceed accordingly.
- Lots & Land Search: They also let you search and buy land and plots.
- Add-on Services: They provide buying, leasing, and hosting services and manage open houses.
Here are some red flags you should consider before choosing them:
- Mobile App: They do have a mobile application but it has been removed from the store.
The Gambino Realtors is rated 4.1 out of 5 stars on Google reviews.
Gambino Realtors is a very popular real estate company in Rockford since 1923. They offer services like home search, map search, property valuation, and many more. They have a strong realtor base.
However, they have a mobile application, but it has been removed from the store.
6. Rocket Homes
Rocket Homes is a one-stop shop for home buyers and sellers to find agents, browse listings, and apply for financing. Rocket Mortgage, their sister company, streamlines the home loan process and keeps everything organized.
Rocket Homes’ revenue comes from referring you to one of their partner agents and taking a percentage of the commission from the sale.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Rocket Homes for their one stop shop service, which includes properties, agents, and loans.
Here are some advantages of choosing Rocket Homes:
- One-Stop Shop: You can browse properties, connect with agents, and secure loans in one place with Rocket Mortgage.
- Nationwide Network: Rocket Homes have a nationwide network of trusted agents in 51 states.
- Multiple Selling Options: Rocket Homes offers 3 ways for sellers to sell their homes. i.e., with an agent, without an agent, and cash offers.
- Offers Personal Loans: Rocket Homes’ sister company, Rocket Mortgage offer personal loan and streamlines the home loan process.
- Mobile App: Rocket Homes has the best mobile app for buyers with a comprehensive search feature.
Here are some red flags of Rocket Homes, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- No Financial Incentives: Rocket Homes do not offer any financial incentives, you will have to pay the standard 6% commission.
- High-Interest Rates: The loan interest rates of Rocket Homes are high. Also, they provide only two options for loan purchase and refinance i.e., 15 years and 30 years of the fixed loan period.
Rocket Homes have a 4.7 out of 5 stars rating on Google reviews.
Rocket Homes is an agent referral service in Rockford. It offers a one-stop platform to connect with agents, browse listings, and apply for financing.
However, few customers have complained that they charge high-interest rates.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month.
FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
MLS Listing via Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: A Zillow Premier Agent will assist you throughout your home selling process. However, this is the traditional way to sell your home and not the FSBO way.
👉 Our Take: If you are going FSBO, then we do not recommend Zillow as it limits your exposure. Further, you can also get multiple unsolicited calls from listing agents.
Here are some advantages of choosing Zillow:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
- Advanced Search: Zillow has saved your search criteria with its “save search” feature. It has more than 20 filters to narrow down your ideal property based on the preferences of price, beds and baths, home type, and many more.
- Largest Marketplace: With many tools and information for buyers, Zillow is the largest real estate website for buyers, renters, real estate agents, and much more.
- Mobile App: Yes.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
- Your Listing Will be Hidden: Zillow hides FSBO listings under the “Other Listings” section, which most home buyers aren’t aware of.
- Buyer Leads go to Local Agents: Zillow does not prominently display owner information. Any buyer who tries to contact you will be matched with a Zillow agent instead.
- Your Info Will Become an FSBO Lead for Listing Agents: Agents target Zillow FSBO listings to extract owner info. You will get numerous unsolicited calls from these agents asking you to list with them.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website in Rockford. It extracts data from top MLS platforms and assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on the platform.
Sites like Zillow provides an on-demand buying experience. However, Zillow has poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles.
⚠️ Beware: Real Estate Websites to Avoid
Some real estate companies pretend to be “free.” But, in reality, you will pay hefty fees and realtor commissions at closing with these firms.
- Clever Real Estate: Clever Real Estate promotes itself as a free resource for FSBO home sellers. If you choose Clever, you will be forced to use an agent. And that agent will kick back 25% to 40% of the commission you pay back to Clever as a “referral fee.” Check out the Clever Real estate Reviews to know more.
- FSBO.com: FSBO.com is a nationwide Flat Fee MLS company that provides For Sale By Owner MLS service. Pricing and services vary quite drastically by state. Hence, it is advisable to read FSBO.com reviews before signing a contract.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is a free real estate website, where you can advertise anything you want, from jobs and services to housing. But, Craigslist is notorious for a lot of scams like identity theft, robbing during showings, rent deposit fraud, etc.
Types of Real Estate Websites in Rockford
Real estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
- Home Selling Websites: Home-selling websites in Rockford help home sellers list properties online. The best home-selling websites provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time.
- Home Buying Websites: Home-buying websites in Rockford help buyers search for properties online. Perfect home-buying sites must provide efficient tools, adequate resources, and impressive features to work upon.
- Best Rental Websites: Rental websites help you find rental properties in Rockford. Some rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.
- Best Property Search Websites: The best house-hunting websites help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, plots, ranches, and commercial properties.
- Best MLS Listing Websites: Best MLS listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. These best real estate listing websites list on other MLS to provide greater exposure to the property. Check out the best Flat Fee real estate services in the US.
- Best Real Estate Investor Websites: Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums on the best property sites.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in Rockford?
You can choose the best real estate websites based on these important factors:
- Maximum Exposure: Real estate websites provide an option to list on MLS without realtor in Illinois. Additionally, they provide social media sharing features and are customizable for sale by owner yard signs with the seller’s phone number.
- Strong Technology: With technology, selling a house without a realtor can become much faster and more efficient. Real estate websites also offer virtual home tours, open houses, and manage showings online.
- Responsive Customer Service: Real estate websites provide customer support to make your real estate transaction smooth.
Why Houzeo is the #1 Real Estate Website in Rockford?
Houzeo.com is the #1 real estate website in Rockford thanks to its combination of max savings, 5-star customer service, and cutting-edge technology.
- Max Exposure: It gives you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- 5-star Customer Service: You get assistance from the list to close with Houzeo Concierge.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to get access to the MLS.
- Real Estate On the Go: The Houzeo Mobile App allows you to access features of Houzeo’s web platform on any device.
Real People, Real Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best real estate websites Rockford?
The best real estate websites in Rockford are Houzeo, Realtor, Trulia, RE/MAX, and Gambino Realtors.
2. Are there fees for real estate websites in Rockford?
Yes, almost all real estate websites charge listing fees from sellers. Some even charge convenience fees to the renter, who want to apply for an apartment. Although there are a few other websites that offer listing services for free.
3. Are real estate websites safe in Rockford?
Yes, real estate websites are safe as long as you find the right sites. However, there are scam sites, so make sure to do your research before you venture in.
Related: Housezo, Website Real Estate In Rockford, IL, Real Estate Websites Like Zillow In Rockford, IL, Real Estate Company Websites In Rockford, IL, Best Websites For Real Estate News In Rockford, IL, The Best Real Estate Websites In Rockford, IL, Real Estate Website Companies In Rockford, IL, Real Estate Sites Online In Rockford, IL, Best Real Estate Company Websites In Rockford, IL, Best Real Estates Websites In Rockford, IL, What Are The Real Estate Websites In Rockford, IL, Realstate Websites In Rockford, IL, Real Estate Websties In Rockford, IL, Websites Like Redfin In Rockford, IL, Best Home Real Estate Websites In Rockford, IL, What Real Estate Site Is Most Accurate In Rockford, IL, Cool Real Estate Websites In Rockford, IL, Best Real Estate Web Site In Rockford, IL, Amazing Real Estate Websites In Rockford, IL, Best Looking Real Estate Websites In Rockford, IL, Awesome Real Estate Websites In Rockford, IL, Biggest Real Estate Sites In Rockford, IL, What’s The Best Real Estate Website In Rockford, IL, Top Realestate Websites In Rockford, IL, Real.Estate Website In Rockford, IL