The U.S. housing market is cooling off. Mortgage rates have shot up. They are expected to remain elevated through 2024.
If you’re a home seller, you’re nervous to sell now with dropping prices. You also don’t want to sell your low-interest mortgage home, and buy another home at the current interest rates.
Should you sell now before home prices plummet? Or wait for rates to fall? Unless you want to learn how to sell a house by owner, you’re looking for a REALTOR to help.
If you’re a home buyer, you don’t know whether you can even afford a home. Prices are still high. And interest rates have added hundreds of dollars to your mortgage payments. Is now the best time to buy a house? Or wait?
A great REALTOR can help you navigate these choppy waters and make the right decision. And once you decide, they can be the pro you rely on to help you buy or sell.
Some REALTORS will save you thousands with technology. Others will help you sell your luxury property for top dollar, and still others can show you how to stop foreclosure.
We’ve ranked the best REALTORS in the US. Use these rankings as a starting point to find the best REALTOR that fits your needs!
🏅 Rankings: Top 12 REALTORS
- Jared Andrew English: Best for Home Sellers
- Derek Greene: Best for FSBO Assistance
- Daniel Demers: Best Overall
- Tod Franklin: Best for Short Sales
- Brian Dombroski: Best for Home Sellers
- Mauricio Umansky: Best for Property Management
- Jason Saphire: Best Flat Fee REALTOR
- Eddie Davis: Best for Residential Properties
- Jason Oppenheim: Best for Luxury Properties
- Ronnie Glomb: #1 REALTOR in NJ
- Aaron Kirman: Billion Dollar Sales
- Jade Mills: Best For Super Luxury Homes
Reviews: America’s 12 Best REALTORS
1. Jared Andrew English, Congress Realty
BEST FLAT FEE REALTOR
Jared Andrew English
Jared Andrew English is a Flat Fee Realtor licensed in 12 states. Jared offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and 1 full-service package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months with 4 photos and access to all state forms and disclosures. It also provides the showing appointment tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic package. You can make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, buyer leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services from the Plus package with unlimited open house postings. You can make unlimited listing changes. Your listing also gets featured on social media.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. You will 0.5% at closing.
Listing Upgrades: In the cheaper plans, you have to purchase upgrades separately. We’ve summarized all upgrades below.
- Call Forwarding: $50
- Max Photos (if more than 25): $50
- Open House Advertisement: $50
- Listing Renewal: $175
- Pro Photographed Virtual Tour: $350 (could be more. If so, you will be notified)
- Congress Realty Yard Sign: $150
- eLockbox Rental: $295 (includes $125 refundable deposit)
- Combo Lockbox (basic): $50
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jared for being highly knowledgeable with stellar customer reviews. His Premium package allows unlimited changes, so it’s worth it mentally and likely financially.
» Jared Andrew English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared English via Houzeo.com
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: There are very few brokers as capable as Jared Andrew English. If you are buying or selling, Andrew provides excellent representation and works hard for your interests.
- Excellent Customer Service: Very few brokers are as fast and reachable as Andrew and his team at Congress Realty.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 605 properties in the last 12 months.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. Jared Andrew English has a stellar reputation within the Realtor community.
Congress Realty however has a significant number of upgrades. They can add up quick, so if you’re opting for a cheaper plan we recommend you budget for these.
Congress Realty has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 127 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker and has represented thousands of home sellers. He offers flat fee broker services in 12 states.
Jared has sold more than 600 properties in the last 12 months. His team is known for their responsiveness and professionalism.
2. Derek Greene, The Greene Realty Group
BEST FOR FSBO ASSISTANCE
Derek Greene, founder of The Greene Realty Group offers flat fee services in 7 states. The price of the packages varies state-wise.
- Common services include open house assistance, contract review, market analysis, and broker consultation. You can upload 30 photos and add a virtual tour video. You also get legal forms and state disclosure etc.
Coverage in 7 States: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Derek Greene for his exceptional service to FSBO home sellers.
» Derek Greene, The Greene Realty Group: Check out the services provided by Derek Greene via Houzeo.com
Here are a few highlights about The Greene Realty Group:
- Marketing Assistance: Your listing is advertised across popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and several other syndicated websites. You can also post video tours and advertise open houses through their MLS.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Derek has access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
- Transaction Sides: Derek has sold 500+ properties in the last 12 months and has over 3,565 listings.
In our research, we found no red flags with The Greene Realty Group. Derek has a great reputation among the broker community.
Derek Greene Realtor: Derek Greene has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 171 total reviews on Houzeo.com
Derek Greene is the founder of The Greene Realty Group. He offers his services in 7 states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Derek Greene is a thorough professional. Previous sellers have not only saved money with Derek but also received excellent service and guidance.
3. Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Daniel Demers founder of Sell Your Home Services is licensed in 10 states. He offers 1 FSBO package:
- For Sale by Owner MLS Listing – $199: This package allows you to list your house on the MLS and hundreds of other real estate websites. You can add up to 30 photos.
Coverage in 10 States: Dan offers direct services in these 10 states – Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his prompt customer service and knowledge in more than ten real estate markets.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
Daniel Demers is one of the best Realtors for the 10 states he serves.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
- Experienced Agent: Dan is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond to complete the task. He offers his services in 10 real estate markets.
- Easy Listing: You can complete listing formalities in 15-20 minutes. Your listing gets activated in 1 business day.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Dan has access to Houzeo’s 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
We discovered no red flags with Sell Your Home Services during our research. Daniel Demers has an excellent reputation among Realtors.
However, Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
Dan Demers Realtor: Dan Demers has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 169 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Dan offers flat fee broker services in 10 states: Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee. He has represented thousands of home sellers.
Daniel Demers is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond his limits to maintain professionalism. Dan is relatively fast to get your property listed.
4. Tod Franklin, DFW Cityhomes
BEST FOR SHORT SALES
Tod Franklin offers 5 listing packages via DFWCityHomes in Texas.
DFWCityhomes offers 5 Listing Packages.
- Limited Service Flat Fee MLS Listing $495 (Upfront Setup Fee): This package provides you complete control over the sale of your house. it is ideal for an experienced seller. You won’t be charged any closing fees.
- Virtual Flat Fee MLS Listing $495 + $750 at closing: You get a For Sale Yard Sign. You can upload 40 photos, and a virtual tour video to your listing. You get phone, email, and text assistance for negotiations, contracts, and the closing process.
- Full-Service MLS Listing $750 + 1% of sales price at closing: This is a full-service plan where you get professional assistance from listing to closing.
- Sell Or Lease MLS Listing $895 or $750 at closing: You pay $895 as a set-up fee. When your property is leased, you are not charged anything. If it is sold, then you pay a full $750 representation fee.
- Luxury Home Flat Fee MLS Listing $995 + $3,000 at closing: For an upfront fee of $995, you get assistance throughout your selling journey. But at closing, you pay $3,000 as a full representation fee.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Tod Franklin for his expertise in Texas real estate market. His professionalism ensures a hassle-free journey for his clients.
» Tod Franklin, DFWCityhomes: Check out the services offered by Tod via Houzeo.com
DFWCityhomes is a good option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
We found no red flags with DFWCityhomes during our research. Tod Franklin is one of the best Realtors in Texas.
However, DFWCityhomes packages are expensive. If you are opting for any of its packages we recommend you budget for those.
» Tod Franklin, DFWCityhomes: Find out what customers are saying about Tod Franklin Realtor.
Tod has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5-star rating from 140 total reviews on Houzeo.com
Tod Franklin is one of the top Realtors in Texas. He is a real estate veteran with 25 years of experience under his belt.
Tod offers various Flat Fee MLS packages via DFWCityhomes. They also offer a 1% buyer rebate as an incentive for home buyers. This is subject to certain conditions being met.
5. Brian Dombroski
Dombroski Real Estate
Brian offers 3 attractive Flat Fee MLS California packages and 1 Full Service Package.
- Bronze Plan – $299: The package includes 15 photos, a 6-month listing term, and only email support.
- Silver Plan – $399: This is the best flat fee MLS California plan that Brian offers. You get contracts, forms, disclosure documents, and property flyers in addition to the services of the Bronze Plan.
- Gold Plan – $999 + $150: It includes ‘Hire a Coach’ service. The listing term is 1 year with 35 photos. You get phone and priority email assistance, sales contract review plus all the services of the Silver Plan. This package charges a $150 admin closing fee to remove your property from the MLS.
- Platinum Package – $699+0.75% at closing: A full-service plan where you get the assistance of a real estate broker. You get a “For Sale Sign”, full contract support, DocuSign, and seller paperwork, all handled by the broker.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Brian’s Silver Plan. However, this package would be ideal for experienced sellers who do not need much hand-holding. For first-time sellers, we recommend the Gold Plan for additional guidance to get you through the transaction.
Work With Brain Dromboski: Brian has an excellent rating of 5 out of 5 stars from 12 Houzeo home sellers.
Dombroski Real Estate is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for California home sellers.
- Experienced Broker: Brian and his team are knowledgeable and willing to go above and beyond to complete the task. They assist sellers in structuring the transaction and providing the necessary feedback for countering multiple offers.
- Top Rated Customer Service: The team at Dombroski Real Estate is known for its responsiveness. Their customer service is one of a kind – provding timely support and guidance to their clients.
We discovered no red flags with Brian during our research. Brian has an excellent reputation among brokers.
However, the Bronze and Silver Plans are for seasoned sellers and investors. If you are a first-time seller, you must choose the Gold Plan, which is quite pricey.
Brian has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5-star rating from 12 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Brian Dombroski is one of the top-rated real estate agents in California with more than 11 years of experience. His team is well-known for excellent customer service. Sellers close much faster with him.
The Bronze and Silver plan comes with a la carte services to personalize your package. He also offers full-service premium packages.
6. Mauricio Umansky, The Agency
BEST FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Mauricio Umansky is a REALTOR and founder of The Agency. He specializes in property management and selling luxury properties.
With Mauricio Umansky you can expect the full commission of 5% – 6%.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Mauricio Umansky for luxury properties. He has closed more than $4 billion in sales and provides top-notch real estate services.
Mauricio is an excellent option for luxury home sellers in California.
- Global Exposure: Mauricio and his team operate globally to provide maximum exposure to your property.
- Free Moving Consultation: Mauricio provides free moving consultation services through a committed team of professionals.
- Access to Listings: You get access to The Agency’s entire database after you sign up on its website. You can also request a tour of the listed properties by booking an appointment.
- Transaction sides: Maurcio has closed more than $4 billion in sales.
- Mauricio is recognized as the #1 Top-producing real estate agent in California by Wall Street Journal and the #5 Top-producing real estate agent in the U.S.
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Mauricio Umansky.
Mauricio Umansky has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5-star rating on Zillow.
Mauricio is one of the best realtors in California, with over 23 years of experience. He is the most sought-after Realtor when it comes to luxury properties.
Past sellers have praised his professionalism and expertise in the real estate industry.
7. Jason Saphire, EntryOnly.com
BEST FLAT FEE REALTOR
Jason Saphire, the founder of Entry Only offers 2 flat fee MLS packages and a full-service package.
- Basic – $399: This package offers a 6-month MLS listing term with 20 photos on the MLS. You also get transaction coordination, flyers, buyer lead forwarding, and a yard sign.
- Enhanced – $699: You get all the services of the Basic package + contract review assistance.
- Premium – $999: This is a full-service package. It includes all services of the Enhanced package + negotiations before/after inspections and closing assistance.
Coverage in 6 States: Entry Only is licensed to offer services in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of add-on services offered by Entry Only.
- Upload additional photos: $100
- 12-month initial listing: $100
- Expedited same-day MLS entry: $100
- 2nd MLS system/category: $100
- Customizable yard sign: $20 (Upto $100)
- Owner verification service: $50
- Comparative Market Analysis: $50
- Combination lock box: $40
- Personalized domain name: $20
- Realtor.com weekly report: $10
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jason Saphire for his responsiveness and process expertise.
» List with Jason: Check out the services offered by Jason via Houzeo.com.
Here are some key benefits of listing with Entry Only:
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All email inquiries will be forwarded to you. In addition to this, Entry Only has a 24/7 receptionist service to redirect buyers and agents to you.
- Closing Assistance: Entry Only strives to make the closing process smoother by coordinating with buyer agents, lenders, appraisers, inspectors, attorneys, and title companies.
- 2x Money Back Guarantee: If you are unable to sell your house through Entry Only, it offers a referral to a local traditional broker in your area. In addition to this, it provides a rebate of twice your listing fee (up to $999).
In our research, we found no red flags with Entry Only. Jason Saphire is a reputable broker with more than 20 years of experience in the field.
Entry Only offers a significant number of listing upgrades. However, the ones that may boost the sale of your house, like a higher number of photographs, expedited MLS entry, and secondary MLS listing, are steeply-priced. So, we recommend you budget for these when choosing to list with Entry Only.
Entry Only has 4.8 out of 5 stars from 345 total reviews on Trustpilot.
» Entry Only Reviews: Check out the customer reviews of Entry Only.
Realtor Jason Saphire offers affordable services with EntryOnly.com and Houzeo.com. He is licensed in 6 states.
Jason and his team strive to make the closing process smoother by coordinating with buyer agents, lenders, appraisers, and title companies.
8. Eddie Davis, The FlatFeeGuy.com
BEST FOR RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
Eddie Davis is a licensed Realtor in Kansas and Missouri. He offers virtual full-service packages via Houzeo.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Eddie to home sellers in Kansas and Missouri for his expertise in pricing and negotiation. Eddie makes use of technology to help you with your real estate needs.
» Eddie Davis Realtor: Check out the services offered by Eddie Davis via Houzeo.com
Eddie Davis is one of the most experienced local Realtors. Here are a few benefits of listing with TheFlatFeeGuy.com:
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 60+ properties in the last 12 months.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Eddie has access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
In our research, the only drawback we found with Realtor Eddie Davis is his limited coverage.
» Eddie Davis, The Flat Fee Guy: Find out what customers are saying about Eddie Davis Realtor.
Eddie Davis has an “Excellent” 5.0 out of 5.0-star rating from 13 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Eddie Davis offers his services via The FlatFeeGuy.com and Houzeo.com. He has over 18 years of experience in the field of real estate. His
Eddie is a certified e-PRO. That is, he is a skilled professional who employs technology to meet your real estate requirements.
9. Jason Oppenheim, The Oppenheim Group
BEST FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Jason Oppenheim is a REALTOR in West Hollywood, CA. He specializes in selling luxury properties and property management.
With Jason you can expect full commission of 5% – 6% if you opt to list or buy with The Oppenheim Group.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jason Oppenheim for his expertise in selling luxury property in the California real estate market. He has closed more than $3 billion in sales in the Golden State.
Jason Oppenheim is a top luxury realtor in West Hollywood, CA. He is your go-to realtor for listing and buying topmost luxury properties.
- Global Exposure: Jason and his team will list and market your home on top real estate websites in over 60 countries.
- Off-Market Property Access: Jason has access to many off-market properties along with upcoming listings.
- Transaction Sides: Jason has closed more than $3 billion in sales and has $300 million in active listings currently.
Jason and his team have access to 100 international real estate syndication portals, showcasing your listing to over 175 million prospective buyers.
Oppenheim is recognized as the #1 Real Estate Agent in the Hollywood Hills by the Wall Street Journal and Top Real Estate Agent in Los Angeles by The Hollywood Reporter.
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Jason Oppenheim.
Jason is one of the top Realtors in California for luxury homes. He has an experience of 13 years and extensive knowledge of the local real estate market.
Jason has an Excellent rating of 4.9 out of 5-stars from 51 reviews on Zillow.
Jason Oppenheim is one of the leading luxury real estate brokers in California. He is recognized as the #1 Real Estate Agent in the Hollywood Hills by the Wall Street Journal and Top Real Estate Agent in Los Angeles by The Hollywood Reporter.
Jason has closed more than $3 billion in sales and has $300 million in active listings currently.
10. Ronnie Glomb, Your Town Realty
#1 Realtor in NJ
Ronnie Glomb is a licensed Realtor in New Jersey. He offers FSBO and Flat Fee MLS services via Houzeo.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This is the most basic MLS package. It offers a 6 months listing term and lets you to upload up to 24 photos. It also allows you to make unlimited changes to your listing.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Ronnie for his expertise in digital marketing tactics. He provides a successful marketing plan for his clients.
Ronnie Glomb has been consistently ranked as the #1 Realtor in his region for 5 consecutive years. He is known for his extensive knowledge of the local community.
- Experienced and Highly Rated Broker: Ronnie has an experience of over 30 years in the industry and is considered a local expert. He and has been ranked the #1 REALTOR in New Jersey by the Wall Street Journal.
- Market Exposure: Your MLS listing will be syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites. With Houzeo’s social media share feature, you’ll even be able to post your listing on various social media apps.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: With Ronnie, you get access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
- Transaction Side: Ronnie has closed 133 sales in the last 12 months.
- Voted #1 Broker – Daily Record
- Voted #1 Broker App
- Ranked #1 for homes sold in New Jersey
- 2021 – 2011 NJAR Platinum – Circle of Excellence Sales Award
- CRBRA Special Achievement in New Home Sales Award
- CRBRA Builders’ Association Internet Marketing Award
- CRBRA Builders’ Association Sales Person of the Year
- CBRE Gold – Sales Award of Excellence
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Ronnie Glomb. He is a reputable broker with in-depth knowledge of the local community.
Ronnie Glomb Realtor: Ronnie Glomb has an “Excellent” 5.0 out of 5.0-star rating from 26 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Ronnie Glomb is the #1 Realtor in New Jersey. Your Town Realty offers love-it-or-leave-it guarantee services to its clients.
If the buyer wants to sell the house within the first 24 months of purchase, Your Town Realty promises to buy it back at 60% – 85% of the fair market price.
11. Aaron Kirman, Aaron Kirman Group
BILLION DOLLAR SALES
Aaron Kirman is one of the leading REALTOR in California specializing in luxury home sales.
With Aaron you can expect the full commission of 5% – 6% if you opt to list or buy with him.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Aaron Kirman for his expertise in selling luxury properties. He has closed more than $9 billion in luxury home sales.
Aaron Kirman is one of the best options for selling luxury homes in the Golden State.
- Estate Dynamics Technology: Aaron has developed a technology that represents the best characteristics of a home in the market to attract potential buyers.
- Schedule Showings: You can directly schedule a showing for a house listed for sale through Aaron’s website.
- Transaction Sides: Aaron has crossed over $9 billion in luxury home sales.
- Aaron Kirman was ranked in the top 5 luxury real estate agents in the US by the Wall Street Journal.
In our research, we found no red flags with the Aaron Kirman Group. Aaron Kirman is one of the best luxury real estate agents in Beverly Hills. However, there are no credible reviews found on trustworthy websites like Google and Yelp.
No credible reviews were found.
Aaron Kirman is one of the top luxury real estate agents. He was ranked in the top 5 luxury real estate agents in the US by the Wall Street Journal.
Over the span of Aaron’s career, he has sold over $5.5 billion in residential real estate.
12. Jade Mills, Coldwell Banker Realty
BEST FOR SUPER LUXURY HOMES
Jade Mills is a luxury REALTOR, operating throughout Los Angeles. She is known as the $8 billion-dollar woman.
With Jade you can expect to pay a full commission of 5% – 6% if you opt to sell/buy with her.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jade for her expertise in Los Angeles Real Estate. She has a team of seasoned professionals who are devoted to serving your real estate needs.
Having sold real estate properties worth $8 billion, Jade Mills has earned a reputation as the top real estate agent in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills.
- Market Exposure: Jade has exclusive international partnerships with top luxury brokers worldwide. Your property listing gets global exposure.
- Expert Services: Jade Mills has a knowledgeable team of experts. They cater to every luxury client in the Los Angeles real estate market.
- Transaction Sides: Jade Mills has sold over $8 billion worth of properties till now.
Jade ranks as the #1 Agent Worldwide for Coldwell Banker and the #5 agent worldwide for all brokerages. She is a Global Luxury Ambassador for Coldwell Banker. She is also the Co-Chairman of the International Luxury Alliance.
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Jade Mills.
Jade has nationwide recognition as well as an international appeal for being a seasoned professional. She provides stellar real estate services.
Jade Mills has 4.6 out of 5 stars on Google Reviews.
Jade Mills is one of the top Realtors in Los Angeles. She is known as the $8 billion dollar woman.
Jade has exclusive international partnerships with top luxury brokers worldwide, giving your property the maximum exposure.
What are REALTOR Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
REALTORS can be commercial brokers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A REALTOR’s pledge to business integrity and fair dealing.
What is the Average Realtor Commission?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies state-wise.
With increasing competition and better alternatives, Realtor agents are willing to lower their commissions and provide concessions to the home seller.
» How To Negotiate Real Estate Commissions: Pro tips on how to negotiate agent commissions and save thousands!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Who Pays REALTOR Fees?
The seller typically pays the REALTOR fees. However, this concept is a tricky one. Although the seller is responsible for paying the fees to the REALTOR, they have already considered this amount when determining the listing price.
In simple terms, it can be said that REALTOR fees are a part of the sale price of a home.
Do Closing Costs include REALTOR Fees?
Yes! A major part of closing costs the buyer or seller pays in real estate transactions is Realtor fees. Closing costs, also known as “settlement costs,” are the final expenses to complete the real estate transaction.
1. Home Selling
A sizeable chunk of the seller’s closing costs, comprising 5% – 6% of the sales price, is made up of REALTOR commissions. It is important to note that the seller pays a commission to both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
The commissions can vary according to the type of service you want to opt for selling your home.
- Flat Fee MLS: With flat fee MLS services like Houzeo you can sell your home at an average fee of $399 and save thousands in commissions. Get the best possible exposure for your home by listing it on the MLS.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: The average fee these brokers charge ranges between 0.5% and 2.5% of the sale price. They provide services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
2. Home Buying
Buyer closing costs do not usually include the REALTOR fees. However, this fee is already included in the price the buyer pays for their home.
⚡Buyer Closing Costs: Check our blog on how much the buyer has to pay as closing costs.
REALTOR vs. Agent vs. Broker
- Real Estate Agents: Agents are licensed professionals who represent buyers or sellers in real estate transactions. They must work with a broker or a brokerage.
- Real Estate Broker: Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework. They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.
- REALTOR®: REALTORs are agents or brokers that are members of NAR and follow NAR’s code of ethics. Their modes of operation and responsibilities are similar to that of agents and/or brokers.
How to Find a REALTOR?
Home sellers and buyers can find a top-rated REALTOR with proper research. If you wish to sell or buy a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
Here’s how you can find a Realtor for your home selling/buying needs
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR. Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews on trusted reviews websites like Google, Yelp, Trustpilot, etc.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No, you cannot. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Best Realtors
Realtors are the best option for first-time home sellers. But if saving money is your goal, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology for selling your house without a Realtor.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes nationwide. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
A good REALTOR can make the process of selling or buying a house a breeze. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property or find your dream home.
However, the average REALTOR commission of 6% reduces your profits substantially. Additionally, seller closing costs are quite high.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the best REALTORS in USA?
The best REALTORS in USA are:
1. Jared Andrew English
2. Derek Greene
3. Daniel Demers
4. Tod Franklin
5. Brandon yager
How much is REALTOR Commission?
Realtor Commission in most states is 3% for listing agent and 2.5%-3% for buyer agent.
What is the best way to find a REALTOR?
The best way to find a REALTOR is by thorough research. You should check the number of listings done by that REALTOR in the past year. Apart from that, you need to read the reviews posted by their clients on various review platforms.
What is a Dual Agent REALTOR?
A Dual Agent REALTOR is an agent or broker who represents both, the buyer and the seller.
How to find the best REALTOR?
You can find the best Realtors affiliated with Houzeo.com by opting for their Flat Fee MLS service.
Best REALTORS Near Me
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is the best for sale by owner site in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Real Estate Companies: Check out the Best Real Estate Companies in 2023.
- Low Commission Real Estate Agents: Sell your home with the best REALTORS at a low commission.
- Closing Costs: What are closing costs? See what are the typical closing costs and find out whether closing costs are negotiable.
- Closing Costs for Sellers: What are the closing costs as a seller? Check whether seller closing costs are tax deductible.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: What are the closing costs as a buyer? Check whether buyer closing costs are tax deductible.
- Who Pays Closing Costs: Check out who pays closing costs based on the type of transaction.
Related: realtor company, cathy franklin corcoran, top realtors, top realtor, top realtors , realtors near me; best realtor near me, average realtor commission, how much is realtor commission, find a realtor, realtor broker, find a realtor near me, find a realtor to sell my house, home realtor, licensed realtor, realtor agencies, realtor search, top rated realtors near me, best realtor company, best realtors in my area, realtors around me, what is the best way to find a realtor, discount realtors, all real estate agents are realtors, choosing a realtor, home realtors near me, realtor brokers near me, realtor websites, realtors reviews, reviews for realtors, reviews of realtors, reviews on realtors, best realtor reviews
Related: best realtors near me, realtor chicago, realtor companies near me, average realtor commission, commercial realtor, realtors near me, local realtors, realtor international, home inspectors, realtor agents near me, low commission realtor, looking for a realtor, what is the average commission for a realtor, realtors in my area, commercial realtors near me, top realtors near me, austin realtors, realtor usa, realtor el paso tx, realtor fort worth, realtors in texas, top selling realtors in my area, sellers disclosure, top real estate agents, top real estate agent, best real estate agent, best real estate agents, top real estate agents pacific palisades, famous real estate agents, top real estate agents in usa, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeoUncategorized