From Chicago to Springfield, Illinois home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Illinois Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular amongst IL home sellers because they have several advantages:
- List & Sell for Just $349: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in the Prairie State. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3. Circle One Realty||$495||None||❌||❌||✅||✅||❌|
|4. Mentor Listing Realty||$399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Prello Realty||$495||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Realty||$199||0.1%-0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Flat Fee Group||$495||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC!. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Illinois’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package includes a free listing on Houzeo.com. You pay a refundable fee of $49 for a yard sign, and once you send us a selfie with this yard sign, you get your $49 back. So, it is a FREE listing!
The Silver package costs $349, and the Gold package costs $399. The full-service Platinum package costs $449 + $550 due at closing.
Average Tech, Average Service
Beycome Brokerage Realty LLC offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages for homeowners:
- Basic Package – $99: This package will get you listed on the MLS with unlimited changes to your listing. This package is available in all the 10 states they cover.
- Enhanced Package – $399: You get a yard sign, a featured listing on Beycome’s website, flyers, brochures, and one key lockbox. You can also add a virtual tour video to your listing. This package is available only in 8 states.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: This is essentially a virtual full-service package that includes assistance till closing. They charge 1% of the sale price at closing with this package. This package is available only in 6 states.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable, and their technology is useful. We recommend their Enhanced Package priced at $399.
Beycome offers good service in the selected states they are available in:
- Unrestricted Revisions and Edits: You can make unlimited changes in description, photos, or price adaptions in your listing. You can also easily switch to a full-service package anytime.
- Expert Assistance, if Needed: You can get expert assistance on all 7 days of the week in English and Spanish.
In our research, we came across some deal breakers with Beycome.
- You’ll Be Constantly Upsold the Title Service: Beycome also owns a title company, which will be pitched to you repeatedly.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome is only available in 10 states.
- Average Customer Reviews: Most customers had to manage logistics, price negotiation showings, and closing all by themselves. Customers also complained about the lack of customer support and the delay in resolving issues.
- Average Technology: Beycome technology helps you with listing your home on the MLS. Leads, inspections, appraisals, etc. are managed offline so the process can be cumbersome.
- Only for Experienced Sellers: You need to have a good handle on buying and selling real estate, including closing costs and seller disclosures.
Beycome has 4.5 out of 5 stars (338 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google Reviews.
» Beycome Reviews: Know why it is not the best way to sell with Beycome in 2023.
Beycome’s MLS listing packages are reasonably priced and offer legal forms, seller disclosures, an Open House scheduler, and customer support. We recommend the $399 Enhanced Package for FSBO home sellers.
Beycome’s technology is limited and won’t help you with scheduling and review of home inspections, appraisals, and closings. Separately, you’ll have to be very diligent and manage leads manually outside the platform too.
3. Circle One Realty
LOCAL REALTOR SUPPORT
Circle One Realty
Circle One Realty offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- MLS Entry Package – $145: This package lists ONLY vacant land on the local MLS and is syndicated to Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and more. You can upload 1 photo for a listing term of 3 months.
- MLS Basic Package – $295: With this package, you can list your home for 6 months with 25 photos. Full-service realtor support and a yard sign.
- MLS Classic Package – $495: This includes everything from the MLS Basic Package with a listing term of 12 months. Also, a lockbox combo and professional photography services are included in this package.
- MLS Elite Package – $495 (Originally $645): This package includes everything from the MLS Classic Package. You can list your home until sold or till you cancel it.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of the Listing Upgrades that Circle One Realty provides.
- Combination Lockbox: $45
- Electronic Lockbox: $200
- Appointment Scheduling and Feedback: $85
- Additional signs: $25
- Professionally Installed Yard Sign: $150
- Professional Photography (25 Photos): $175
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $495 MLS Elite Package. Your MLS listing will stay active until sold or canceled.
Here are some advantages of listing with Circle One Realty.
- Full-Service Realtor Support: In all the packages you get the support of a professional realtor. You can contact them via phone and email.
- Professional Photography Services: In the Classic and Elite packages, a professional photographer will take photos of your home. These photos will be used on the MLS while listing.
The major red flags you will experience with Circle One Realty are:
- Not 100% Online: The tech stack of Circle One Realty is modest. Many procedures, will be manual. No paperwork assistance might delay your listing process.
- Entry Package is ONLY for Listing Vacant Land: There is no entry-only package for listing your home on the MLS. The Flat Fee Entry Package they offer is for Vacant Land only.
Circle One Realty is rated 5 out of 5 stars from 179 reviews on Google.
» Circle One Realty: Check Circle One Realty’s reviews on Google
Circle One Realty is a Yorkville-based company. Reviewers praise the dedication and professional service of Ryan Cherney, the managing broker and owner of Circle One Realty.
The technology used by Circle One Realty is mainly for payment processing and downloading forms. The paperwork is manual, increasing your time from payment to the listing.
4. Mentor Listing Realty
Mentor Listing Realty
Mentor Listing Realty Inc offers three Flat Fee MLS Packages.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes 1 photo and a listing term of 6 months. You get unlimited open house listings, state disclosure forms, and contracts. You also have Broker support and assistance.
- Standard Package – $349: It includes everything from the Basic Package plus 6 photos.
- Premium Package – $399: The number of photos is 25 and includes the same services as the other two packages.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of the Listing Upgrades that Mentor Listing provides.
- Premium Sign: $75
- Mechanical Lock Box: $45
- Electronic Lock Box: $100 one-time rental fee, plus a $150 refundable deposit
- Market Survey Report: $175
- Color Flyers: 100 for $65
- Basic Sign: $45
Full Representation Service at $499: It is an additional service you can add to your package. As a flat fee full representation service, you get benefits such as:
- Coordination and management of the closing process through transaction settlement.
- Accept, review, and negotiate all offers through closing.
- Management of the home inspection process.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Premium $399 package as it allows you up to 25 photos.
Mentor Listing Realty’s highlight services are:
- Unlimited Open House Listings: You can have as many open houses as you want to help get your home sold.
- Professional Broker Support: A professional broker will help you through the home selling process. This support is in all the packages but only via phone and email.
- All Important Paperwork Provided: Mentor Listing Realty will provide you with all the state disclosure forms and contracts. They will also help you complete the necessary forms to sell your home.
With budget-friendly packages the drawbacks of Mentor Listing Realty are:
- Only 1 Photo for Basic Package: Although the services offered are similar to the other packages the basic flat fee MLS package includes only one photo. This does not help the buyer get an understanding of what your house looks like.
- Mentor Listing Realty is Not 100% Online: Mentor Listing Realty has a limited tech stack. Many processes like form filling will be carried out offline. Therefore, your listing process might get delayed.
- Additional Cost for a Market Survey Report: To set a competitive price for your home a market survey report is important. This report helps you understand the real estate market around your home. Mentor Listing Realty charges $175 as additional costs for the MSR, making the total cost quite expensive.
Mentor Listing Realty has no credible ratings available.
Mentor Listing Realty offers unlimited open houses as part of all its packages. The company provides most of the services you may require to sell your home, but they can be expensive.
Moreover, Mentor Listing Realty has a limited tech stack. As a result, many procedures, including evaluating proposals and monitoring inspections, will be completed offline. Thus, your listing process might get delayed.
5. Prello Realty
LESS CUSTOMIZABLE PACKAGES
Prello Realty offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- MLS Basic Package – $295: It includes listing on the local MLS and syndication on websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Redfin. The listing term is 6 months.
- MLS Plus Package – $495: It includes everything from the Basic Package plus professional photography of your property. The listing term is 9 months.
- MLS Pro Package – $795: For this package, you get everything from the previous packages. Additionally, you have a combination lockbox benefit and showing appointment scheduling available.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of the listing upgrades that Prello Realty provides.
- Scheduling Service: $95
- Electronic Lockbox: $200
- Additional Yard Signs: $25
- Professional Photography: $195
- Combination Lockbox: $45
- Brochure Box: $19
- Professionally Installed Yard Sign: $150
👉 Our Take: We suggest the MLS Plus Package priced at $495. This flat fee listing package provides enough services to get your home sold at no additional cost.
The positive standout points of Prello Realty are:
- 25 Photos for Every Package: For all the packages Prello Realty allows up to 25 photos. The maximum number of photos on the local MLS is 25.
- Professionally Designed Yard Sign: You will get a yard sign with any package you may opt for.
- Free Listing Changes: At no additional cost you can make changes to your listing on the local MLS.
The drawbacks of listing with Prello Realty are:
- Limited Add-Ons: There are limited options to customize your packages.
- Covers Only Select Counties in Illinois: Prello Realty covers the following counties in Illinois: Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will.
Prello Realty has 4.7 out of 5 stars from 31 total reviews on popular review sites like Google.
» Prello Realty: Check Prello Realty’s reviews on Google
Prello Realty has been a local real estate option since 2001. Their flat fee packages have a standard option to add 25 photos to the MLS and provide a simple yard sign.
Out of 102 counties, Prello Realty covers only the following in Illinois: Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will.
6. Flat Fee Realty
0.25% LISTING AGENT COMMISSION
Flat Fee Realty
- Listing Fee: $159 to $349 + 0.25% at closing
- 0.1% to 0.25% additional fees
- No credible reviews were found
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee package are a listing terms of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: If you want to make changes to your listing photos, you must purchase upgrades separately. You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos.
In places where it offers direct services, Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS alternative.
- Changes Made Simple: With Flat Fee Realty you can make free status and price changes. Changes are important as casual errors can be corrected if present when the listing goes live.
- Easy Cancellation: You can cancel anytime and get a refund within 30 days of purchase. With a change of heart over selling your house, some of the listing fees will get refunded. After the listing process is completed by their broker, there are no refunds.
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Zillow.com. All the major websites you would like to use to showcase your home in front of the right buyers are covered.
- Free Disclosures: Just like taxes, documentation is an important aspect of home selling. Flat Fee Realty offers free disclosures for all states.
In our review of Flat Fee Realty, we identified some major deal-breakers.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: Flat Fee Realty charges 0.25% commission at closing. Even though they claim the buyer agent pays this, the entire commission comes out of the seller’s proceeds. Buyer agents will not willingly agree to this deduction.
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
Flat Fee Realty offers a single flat fee MLS package that varies by state. In Illinois, the package costs $199. With this package, you get free listing changes and related disclosures.
However, Flat Fee Realty requires you to pay a minimum 2% buyer agent commission, of which 0.25% goes as a kickback to your listing agent. This means you end up paying a small commission to the listing agent at closing.
7. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some of the advantages of listing your home with this company are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain drawbacks of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming. You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on Google or Trustpilot. Flat Fee Group BBB (Better Business Bureau) reviews are also unavailable.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a flat fee. However, it works with a variety of different flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
In Illinois, Flat Fee Group’s MLS Basic package is priced at $295, the MLS Plus package at $495, and the MLS Pro package at $795.
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies Have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS Illinois companies is that they have a lot of hidden fees.
They don’t disclose these fees on their pricing pages. These hidden fees are expensive and might tip you over your budget.
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Illinois Flat Fee Listing Page.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near Me
Local Illinois Flat Fee MLS listing services will provide packages for listing your home on local MLS for a flat fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Chicago: Chicago, Illinois Flat Fee MLS listing providers maximize your home’s exposure & have local market expertise. The fixed fee MLS rate in Denver ranges between $99 to $795.
- Flat Fee MLS Peoria: Peoria Flat Fee MLS listing services give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. The fixed fee MLS rate is between $99 and $795.
How Do Illinois Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service IL is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS Flat Fee Illinois Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Illinois. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in IL service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Illinois MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s a step-by-step guide for listing your home on MLS with Houzeo!
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing schedule, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
IL Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Illinois: Some Flat Fee MLS Illinois flat fee listing Illinois companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Illinois: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Illinois. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Illinois home sale calculator
Alternatives to Illinois Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS IL companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Illinois discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- List With a Full Service Realtor: If you need maximum hand-holding, we recommend hiring a full-service in-person Illinois realtor or broker. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you won’t save much on real estate agent commission, likely paying a full 5% to 6%. Also, note that luxury real estate brokers may charge more than 6%. This option seems convenient but won’t help you save $$$.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Chicago and other Illinois markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Illinois.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Illinois make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Illinois and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Illinois: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites in Illinois. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a little bit of research, you can sell your home by listing it with these Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Illinois. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Listing Illinois
Can You List on MLS Without a Realtor?
No. In order to access the MLS, or list your home on the MLS, you need to be a registered broker or a real estate agent. A flat fee MLS service in Illinois allows you to list your home on the MLS, edit your listing, and upload photos.
Do You Need an MLS to Sell Your Home?
Yes. Since 88% of buyers purchase their homes through an agent, and agents majorly use MLS as a source to find properties for their clients, it only makes sense to have your home listed on the MLS.
Do I Still Need to Pay the Buyer's Agent Commission?
Yes, you do need to pay a 3% buyer’s agent commission if your buyer is represented by an agent. A flat fee MLS listing service will only save you a listing agent’s commission of 3%.
How do I Sell by Owner in Illinois?
As per the real estate laws in Illinois, an FSBO seller needs to disclose all material defects about their home. These disclosures will include:
Safety and building
Insects and pests
Environmental concerns (asbestos or lead paint)
You need to disclose this information using a real estate property disclosure form. You can download the form from here.
How do I get MLS Access in Illinois?
You can get access to the MLS by using a Flat Fee Listing Illinois service. By paying a flat fee you get to list your home on the MLS.
» Check Out Houzeo: A 5-star rated service to get you mobile access to your local MLS.
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Best Time of Year to Sell a House in Illinois: Know the right time to put your Illinois home on the market.
- Closing Cost Calculator Illinois Seller: How much will you make selling my house in Illinois? Check out this Calculator.
- How to Sell a House by Owner in Illinois: Save thousands in commissions by selling your home by owner in Illinois.
Recommended for Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Illinois: A typical buyer in Illinois may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Illinois.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Illinois: Find out who pays closing costs in Illinois and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Illinois: Click here to find out how much title insurance costs in Illinois.
Related: flat fee mls listing illinois, flat fee mls il, flat fee broker illinois, flat fee realtor illinois, flat fee real estate illinois, mls flat fee illinois, illinois flat fee listing, illinois mls flat fee, flat fee illinois, illinois flat fee mls, illinois flat fee mls listing, flat fee mls listing service in illinois, mls listings Illinois, illinois flat fee mls reviews, fsbo mls listing illinois, mls illinois, mls illinois real estate, vanessa carlson realtor, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo.Flat Fee MLS Illinois