Hawaii home sellers have listed and sold more homes via HI Flat Fee MLS listings so far in 2023 than in any year prior. And they have saved thousands in listing agent commissions, paying just $299 to $399 on average.
But beware! Flat Fee MLS companies also include some shady operators. In the guise of a “Flat Fee” listing, they will sneak in a percentage at closing – costing you thousands of dollars at closing.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in the Aloha state. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Flat List||$299||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii||$3,500||None||❌||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Group||$379 - $500||$250||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|8. Hawaii Flat Fee||$250||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 8 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Hawaii
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy! Confirm all prices on the state’s pricing page before you list.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo mobile app is also very powerful.
- No Hidden Fees: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS by owner. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission.
Houzeo.com is Hawaii’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $399. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (minimum $999) at closing.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our packages.
Book a FREE Call
2. Flat List
FlatList.com offers 1 Flat Fee MLS package.
- $299 Package: FlatList.com’s Flat Fee MLS package includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos, free listing changes, and open house postings on their site. However, the services vary in different states.
👉 Our Take: Flat List offers an array of services and ease of use for its users. We recommend it for individuals searching for properties in locations covered by them.
FlatList.com is a good Flat Fee MLS option in the states where it provides services.
- Market Exposure: Your listing will be syndicated to real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com. Your home gets the best possible exposure.
- Disclosure Forms: You will receive all the required disclosure forms and HOA addendums. Access to counteroffer forms is an added benefit that the company offers.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make unlimited changes to your listing for free.
» Pros and Cons of FlatList.com: Check out the advantages and drawbacks before dealing with FlatList.com.
In our research, we found some dealbreakers with Flat.List.com.
- Single Flat Fee Package: Their single Flat Fee package cannot be customized as per your needs. Also, they do not provide a la carte services.
- Offline and Manual Listing Process: You need to “download, print and scan” the necessary paperwork to get listed on the MLS. This way, the entire listing process gets delayed.
- Limited Coverage: FlatList provides real estate services only in 9 states- AZ, CA, GA, HI, ID, IL, NV, OR, and WA.
Stacie Whitfield, the Managing Broker at FlatList.com, is amongst the best HI Flat Fee MLS brokers. Stacie is known for her expertise in helping home sellers and for her fast responses to queries.
FlatList.com is not 100% online. The website requires home sellers to print, sign, scan, and do several other processes manually. If you’re comfortable with a low-tech service, FlatList.com is a great option for you.
3. Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii
Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii offers a single flat fee MLS package.
- Flat Rate – $3,500: The package offers all services of a traditional agent but at a flat fee. You will get assistance in pricing and negotiations, showings.
Coverage: They serve everywhere in the state of Hawaii.
👉 Our Take: Jeffrey Samuels is a real estate agent with over 24 years of experience. Though priced at $3,500 his expertise could be valuable.
Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii is beneficial for Hawaii home sellers looking for local support.
- Veteran Broker: Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii is headed by Jeffrey Samuels a licensed broker with over 24 years of experience. They claim to offer full support during the pricing and negotiation stages.
- Negotiation Assistance: Past customers have praised the negotiation skills of Jeffrey Samuels, which is vital in your sale process.
In our research, we came across some drawbacks of Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii.
- Expensive Package: The package is on the higher side when compared to similar platforms.
- Poor Customer Support: You might not get in-time responses as it is a single broker run company.
- Not 100% Online: They lack a dashboard and e-sign service. The manual process can be tedious and time-consuming.
Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from 45 reviews on Zillow.
» Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for Jeffrey Samuels on Zillow.
Jeffrey Samuels headed Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii provides complete assistance in a single flat rate package. Though based in Oahu, it covers the entire state of Hawaii.
Since it is a single broker enterprise the responses are often delayed. For budgeted sellers, the $3,500 package will burn a hole in your pocket.
ISoldMyHouse.com offers 2 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Get Listed – $299+: This plan allows you to list on the MLS for 6 months with 6 photos. Your listing is shared on Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com. You can cancel your listing anytime.
- Get Sold – $399+: This package includes all the services from the “Get Listed” plan. With this plan, you can list your property on the MLS for 6 months with 25 photos.
👉 Our Take: We recommend ISoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it covers. If you’re in one of these states, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan. Photos sell properties, so it’s important to get more than 6 photos.
ISoldMyHouse.com is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option in the 8 states where it directly provides services.
- Experienced Broker: Kris Lippi, the owner of ISoldMyHouse.com, is an experienced real estate broker licensed in 8 states. Very few brokers are as good and knowledgeable as Kris in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Fast Listing: Your home is listed on the MLS within 24 hours from the time you submit your details.
- Strong Customer Support: ISoldMyHouse.com has an excellent 4.7 out of 5 stars rating on Google Reviews and the BBB. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Pros and Cons: Here are detailed pros and cons of ISoldMyHouse.com
In our research, we found some deal breakers associated with ISoldMyHouse.com.
- Limited Coverage: ISoldMyHouse is licensed to provide direct services in 8-states. In the rest of the region it works as a referral service.
- Not 100% Online: The company does not provide any mobile app service to its customers and also has manual paperwork.
- Expensive Add-ons: It offers essential services like ‘Yard Sign’, lockbox, as add-ons which are highly priced.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Drawbacks: We have listed out some more drawbacks of ISoldMyHouse.com.
ISoldMyHouse is a great choice for home sellers. Kris Lippi, the Broker Owner of iSoldMyHouse is an experienced Flat Fee broker with thousands of transactions under his belt.
However, they are not 100% online. Their packages provide only the bare necessities. You must pay an extra $75 – $140 for services such as a yard sign and a lockbox.
Fizber is an agent referral company serving the real estate industry since 2006. They offer 4 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Free FSBO Listing – $0: Your home is listed on Fizber’s website only.
- Digital Boost Package – $95: You get a featured listing on Fizber, Redfin, and an Open House Manager. Your home gets listed on Redfin and Fizber itself. However, this package does not list your home on the MLS.
- MLS Boost Package – $270: Your home is listed on the MLS with just 6 photos. The listing is syndicated to Fizber and hundreds of other real estate websites.
- Premium MLS Boost Package – $295: You can list your home on the MLS with maximum photos.
👉 Our Take: Fizber provides affordable packages to home sellers. However, two of the packages do not list your home on the MLS.
» What is Fizber? Read this blog to know more about them.
Here are some of the advantages you should consider while listing with Fizber.com:
- Nationwide Coverage: The company offers services across the USA.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: All buyer leads are forwarded to you. So you can directly contact the buyers/agents.
- Refund Policy: They provide full refunds for Flat Fee MLS packages within 30 days, as long as no documentation is submitted to the broker.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can update your listings free of cost with MLS Boost and Premium MLS Boost packages.
Here are some common issues we found while going through Fizber reviews online:
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Although Fizber advertises itself as being available nationwide, it is not. Further, your listing information is sold to a local agent, service quality may differ. Multiple reviews cite inactive agents and limited coverage in several states.
- Additional Charges: You are required to pay a 0.5% success fee at closing if you are selling your property in Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wyoming. This is a hidden fee that is not mentioned anywhere apart from the pricing page on Fizber’s website.
- Extra Charges for Documents: Most FSBO listing services offer documents like seller’s disclosure, lead paint disclosure, contract for sale, and more for free. Fizber charges an extra $15 to $50 for the same.
Fizber is an online flat fee MLS listing platform that provides 3 paid listing packages priced between $95 to $295 and one free listing package. They do offer maximum exposure to your property.
But with no guarantee from them, your selling process could get unpredictable. There have been instances of poor customer support reported by their past users.
6. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some pros of Flat Fee Group are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Group: Check out our in-depth analysis of Flat Fee Group.
In our research, we have found certain cons of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. The listing process is manual and time-consuming.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
» Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group: Understand how Houzeo exceeds all expectations with this in-depth comparison.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on popular sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly.
Since its founding in 2003, the Flat Fee Group has grown to serve clients throughout the United States by connecting independent, flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers.
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a flat fee. However, it works with several flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
In Hawaii, Flat Fee Group offers a Basic package at $379 (+$250 at closing) and a Limited package at $500 (+$250 at closing). There is also a Full-Service package at $500 (+1% commission at closing).
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- FSBO Package – $99.95: This package lists your property on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. It allows you to make changes and cancel your listing anytime.
- MLS Package – $399.95: With this package, your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months with 20 photos. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia.
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $75
- Open House Posting: $50
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com has been in business since 1997. They allow you to customize the plans by offering some services separately. You can add or skip these services based on your needs.
» Pros and Cons of FSBO.com: Read to know more about the hidden challenges.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User-Friendly Interface: The website is easy to navigate. This helps you to easily create your listing and add property information.
- Nationwide Coverage: With FSBO.com your property gets a nationwide exposure.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com.
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com shares your information with a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Sellers are connected with local brokers for listing. Moreover, online FSBO.com reviews are mixed.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You need to pay $50 extra for uploading more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive À la Carte Services: You need to pay $50 – $150 for services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Read why the oldest FSBO website isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. FSBO allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that additional services can add up to a total of $335 in costs! For example, If you wish to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then you have to pay $75 and $150 over your flat fee package.
8. Hawaii Flat Fee
Hawaii Flat Fee offers a Flat Fee MLS package and a Full Service package.
- Flat Fee MLS package – $250: The package includes a listing term of 12 months with 25 photos. Your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com. You can also make 10 free MLS listing changes.
- Full Service Package – 1% Commission: The package comes with the assistance of a full-time staff member. They help you to list the documents, negotiate, and with closing. This package is beneficial to first time sellers who need guidance every step of the way.
Coverage: They have coverage limited to Hawaii Island, Lanai, Kauai, Maui, Molokai, and Oahu.
👉 Our Take: For budgeted sellers, we recommend the $250 package that has all the basic necessities.
Hawaii Flat Fee is a local flat fee MLS Hawaii that offers both FSBO services and full broker assistance.
- Listing Changes: You can make up to 10 fee changes in your listing.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to popular websites like Zillow, Realtor.com and Trulia along with the local Hawaii MLS.
In our research, we found some major drawbacks of Hawaii Flat Fee.
- No Recent Reviews: Hawaii Flat Fee has no recent customer reviews. The existing reviews are also poor.
- Outdated Website: The website is not easy to navigate and also lacks a seller’s dashboard and mobile app.
Hawaii Flat Fee has 1 out of 5 stars (2 total reviews) on Google Reviews.
Hawaii Flat Fee Reviews: Check out the customer reviews of Hawaii Flat Fee MLS.
Hawaii Flat Fee is a local flat fee MLS company that serves sellers all over Hawaii. It is a tech-driven platform that empowers agents to deliver hassle-free real estate services.
The website is outdated, not easy to navigate, and lacks a dashboard. They also have poor customer reviews.
🚩Beware: Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Hawaii Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service in Hawaii is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Hawaii Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Hawaii. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in HI service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
What to Consider Before Hiring a Hawaii Multiple Listing Service?
When selecting a flat fee MLS listing Hawaii service, consider the following factors:
- Savings: Compare the pricing structures of different services to find one that aligns with your budget. Ensure you understand precisely what services are included in the flat fee package and if there are any additional costs.
- MLS Coverage: Verify which MLS databases the flat fee service has access to. Check whether it covers the geographical area where your property is located. Also, ensure the service can list your home in the relevant HI MLS databases.
- Customer Support: Evaluate the level of customer support provided by the Flat Fee MLS service. Check if they offer assistance with inquiries, negotiations, or offer management.
What Do You Get With a Hawaii Flat Fee Listing?
With a flat fee listing, you typically receive the service of listing your property on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for a one-time fee. This allows your property to be visible to Realtors in Hawaii and potential buyers across the state.
Some HI flat-fee MLS services offer additional marketing tools and resources for an extra fee. This may include staging help, virtual tours, professional photography, and more. These additional tools can help enhance the visibility of your listing.
Who Benefits Most from HI Flat-fee Listing Services?
Hawaii flat fee listing services can be advantageous for a variety of individuals. Here are some examples:
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Sellers: With Hawaii flat fee real estate companies, FSBO sellers may save thousands on HI real estate agent commissions.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors in Hawaii who frequently trade can benefit from HI Flat Fee services.
- Distressed Property Owners: Listing your distressed home on the MLS can attract the attention of real estate investors who look for properties with discounted prices.
How to List on Hawaii MLS via Houzeo.com?
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Hawaii with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing service package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing schedule, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing documents are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing agreement will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on HI MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
HI Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Hawaii Seller Disclosure Form: Some Flat Fee MLS Hawaii companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Hawaii: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Hawaii. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Hawaii home sale calculator
Alternatives to Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS HI companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Hawaii discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% and 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: We recommend hiring a full-service in-person Hawaii Realtor if you need handholding. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to iBuyers/Cash Home Buyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes throughout Hawaii. Cash home buyers in Hawaii make all-cash offers within 24 to 48 hours.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: FSBO websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Hawaii and save thousands in listing agent commissions. Many FSBO websites will also list you on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites Hawaii: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. You can opt to list your home with a Hawaii Flat Fee listing agent.
Houzeo is the best MLS listing site in Hawaii. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Hawaii
1. Who offers the best flat fee MLS listing service in Hawaii?
Various Flat Fee MLS companies in HI provide unique packages that can help a home seller. Amongst them, Houzeo is a great option for a quick and smooth home sale experience. Flat List.com and Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii are other good options.
2. Can I list on the MLS without a real estate agent?
Yes, you can list your home on the MLS with a HI Flat Fee MLS listing service, eliminating the listing agent's 3% commission right away!
3. How much does it cost to list your home on HI MLS for a flat fee?
On an average, listing your home on the HI MLS costs around $299 to $399 on average.
4. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in HI?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Hawaii. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
5. What are the potential drawbacks of listing with a Flat Fee Service?
While flat fee MLS listings offer several benefits, there are also potential drawbacks to consider.
1. Hidden Fees
2. Limited Support
3. Limited Coverage
But you're in luck! Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront and has a customer rating of 4.9 out of 5. Additionally, Houzeo has a near nationwide coverage.
Related: hawaii mls listings, real flat fee mls listing hi, flat fee real estate brokers hi, flat rate realtors, best flat fee mls listing service hi, flat rate realtors near me hi, low cost real estate listing hi, flat fee mls for sale by owner hi, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, best flat fee mls listing service hawaii, flat fee mls hawaii reviews, mls flat fee listing service hawaii, flat rate mls listing hawaii, flat fee real estate brokers in Hawaii, flat fee mls broker hawaii, hawaii flat fee mls reviews, mls listings hawaii, multiple listing service hawaii, sell your home flat fee hawaii