What is a Home Inspection in New Mexico?
A home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination of a property. Home inspections reveal significant defects of the property that an untrained eye can miss. Inspections paint the real picture of the true condition of the property.
A home inspection report provides valuable insights into the property’s interior and exterior, electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, and more. Specialty home inspections like radon, asbestos, and termite inspections are also done.
What do Home Inspectors Look for in New Mexico?
Home inspectors look for visual cues of major flaws that could compromise overall safety. Appearances can be deceptive, so no matter how great the curb appeal is, you don’t want to get stuck with a decaying property.
» Best Home Inspectors: Check out our list of the best inspectors and home inspection companies
Exterior New Mexico Home Inspections: Outside the House
- Foundation: Inspection of the house perimeter to check for large cracks in walls, uneven flooring structure, sink holes, loosened or cracked windows, etc
- Garage: Test if the garage doors open and close as expected, whether the garage is ventilated enough, and if the garage framing is visible
- Exterior Walls: Inspect the walls of the property to check the damage caused by wood-loving organisms, a possible infestation of termites, etc
- Roof: Home inspector will check for loose or improperly secured shingles on the roof, signs of water damage, and condition of the gutters
Interior New Mexico Home Inspections: Inside the House
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Kitchen Appliances
Specialized Home Inspections in New Mexico
- Lead-based paint
- Wood-destroying organisms (termites, pests)
Do I Need a Home Inspection in New Mexico?
Yes, you need to do a home inspection because that reveals potentially life-threatening issues in a house. As a home buyer, you can negotiate with the seller to fix the issues identified in the home inspection report.
Some home inspection companies like Pillar to Post also provide repair cost guides so you can budget accordingly. A home inspection will save you from unnecessarily paying more for a property.
- How to Sell My House Fast: Selling a house in America takes approximately 90 days from list to close. And that’s only if you get offers fast and there are no hiccups in home inspection, appraisal, and closing. Here’s how you can sell your house fast and for more cash.
- Selling a House: Selling a house in the United States is complex and requires a good understanding of the real estate market.
- Closing Costs: See what’s the real cost and how you can negotiate your closing costs as a seller or buyers.
Related: home inspections New Mexico, home buying inspection NM, home buyer inspection New Mexico, real estate home inspection New Mexico, home inspection checklist for buyers NM, home inspection checklists NM, home buying inspection checklist New Mexico pdf, home inspection report New Mexico, home inspection cost calculator New Mexico, average home inspection cost New Mexico, home inspection tools NM, home inspection insurance New Mexico, home inspection vs appraisal NM, home inspection waiver New Mexico, best drone for home inspections New Mexico, home inspection contingency New Mexico, tricks to pass home inspection NM, types of home inspection in New Mexico, Housezo, Houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo