» Jump To: Can I Sell My House Myself | Pros & Cons | How Selling FSBO Works | FSBO Contract | FSBO Paperwork | Handling Closings | Selling by Owner vs Realtor | Selling by Owner in Your State | FSBO Alternatives | Conclusion | FAQs
2021 was a hot seller’s market. Prices appreciated 16.9%. Record home prices mean you’ll pay record commissions. Selling by owner saves you thousands in agent commissions.
77% of FSBO homes are selling in less than 2 weeks. Selling FSBO is more popular and high-tech than ever.
Is it Hard to Sell a House by Owner?
- Selling a house by owner can be difficult if you do not have MLS access and don’t get help when needed.
- Pro Tip: Sell FSBO with Houzeo.com. Your home will get listed on the MLS in no time. You will have Houzeo’s 5-star customer support team to assist whenever you get stuck. Know more about Houzeo.
Can I Sell My House by Myself?
Yes! You need to do just 4 things to successfully sell most homes by owner
- List on Your Local MLS: Homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for 17% more. The biggest challenge FSBO sellers face is not getting access to their local MLS. There are over 600 MLS’ in the U.S. Houzeo.com will automatically assign you the right MLS for your property.
- Price Your Home Competitively: Be sure to look at recent sales in your neighborhood.
- Offer a Competitive Buyer Agent Commission: Most homes sell through a buyer agent, so offer a competitive commission to them.
- Take Professional Photos: You’re competing for clicks online. More online clicks = more foot traffic. There’s no single investment as good as pro photos that convert clicks!
» For Sale By Owner Tips: See our 7 FSBO Tips to Sell Your Home Fast!
Should I Sell My Home by Owner?
Real estate commissions in the US have surpassed $100 billion in 2021. 36% of Millennials, 26% of Gen Xers, 22% of Boomers, and 19% of Silent Gen are selling their homes by owner.
Most importantly, in our experience buyer agents are not at all averse to working with FSBO homes themselves.
👍 Advantages of Selling a House For Sale By Owner (FSBO)
- Savings on Commission: American home sellers spend around $25,722 on real estate commission (based on median home values). Selling your own house can help you save 2.5% to 3% listing agent commission.
- Speed to Market: You can sell your house whenever you are ready. You need not hunt for a real estate agent to begin the selling process. FSBO websites like Houzeo can get you listed within 24-48 hours, or faster!
- Control Over Transaction: By interacting directly with the buyer or buyer agent, you reduce intermediaries. Also, there is no listing agent contract involved when you sell your house yourself.
👎 Disadvantages of Selling a Home For Sale By Owner
- No Help When You Need: If you need help with paperwork, inspections, negotiations, or closing, you’re on your own as a For Sale By Owner.
- No MLS Exposure: MLS is the most important tool an agent has. Selling FSBO means limited exposure, so there will be less competition for your property. That will likely reduce the selling price. Homes on the MLS sold for 17% more than homes, not on the MLS.
💲 Houzeo Discloses All Costs Upfront
List your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Sell a House by Owner?
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) represents the home selling method where no Realtor is involved in the listing process. Here are the steps to sell your house FSBO:
1. When is the Best Time to Sell My House?
Home buying season starts in late spring and runs throughout the summer, peaking somewhere in the months of June and July. By selling your house by owner during these months you fetch premiums of 10% or more.
21% of the homes are listed on a Thursday. Homes listed on Thursday tend to sell quickly and are more likely to sell above the list price. So the best time of year to sell a home without a realtor is June or July on a Thursday.
Is it a Good Time to Sell a House Now?
The best time to sell your house is whenever you are ready. Never try to time the market – in the long term, that’s a difficult strategy.
💲 List with Houzeo.com and Save Thousands
Lara Shane from Florida sold her condo with Houzeo and saved $24,000 in real estate commissions.
» List Now: Start your FREE listing on Houzeo.com!
2. How do I Price My Home when Selling by Owner?
Listing price is the single most important factor that will determine how quickly a home sells. Whether you’re selling a home by owner or not, the listing price is crucial for attracting a wide pool of buyers.
REMEMBER! The purpose of the LIST PRICE is to DRIVE TRAFFIC to your listing. It’s not your SALE PRICE!!!
What happens if you under-price or over-price your listing?
|If you price it too low||You will get multiple offers. You’ll likely call for “Highest & Best Offer” or counter the best offers. And you will sell at market price.|
|If you price it too high||You will get little interest. That’ll make you drop the price, and you will sell at the market price.|
Real estate brokers typically create a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to determine what’s an ideal listing price for a property. With Zillow and Redfin, you can easily create your own CMA and understand how selling a home in your state works.
» How to Price Your Home for Sale: Learn to Price Your Home Competitively with Houzeo
3. How do I Prep My House for Sale?
Making your home look its best self works wonders. Complement every room in a way that they narrate a story, don’t let furniture consume all the space, and create a visually appealing first look.
Here are a few best practices you can stick to while selling your house by owner:
- Repaint Neutral: Neutral colors appeal to a wider range of buyers.
- Clean: Scrub, shampoo, wash, and deep clean every nook of your house.
- Improve Curb Appeal: Clear landscape or plant fresh flowers. First impressions are everything!
- Stage: Hire a professional stager or organize your furniture to make rooms look neat and spacious.
- Declutter & Depersonalize: You want the buyers to imagine their own life in your house, not yours.
- Showcase Natural Light: Natural light helps. Ensure you have opened curtains and blinds. Make sure every room has ample light, and add bulbs if necessary.
- Make Repairs: If there’s anything glaringly wrong, take care of it early. For instance, a squeaky doorknob will not be overlooked by potential buyers. It is best to get such defects fixed.
🤔 How to Sell a House “as is” by Owner?
You can sell your house “as is” by owner with Houzeo.com. With Houzeo you can attract offers as high as 100% of the home value.
» List Now: Start your FREE listing on Houzeo.com!
4. How do I Create an Appealing Property Description?
While the photos grab the attention of the home buyers, an appealing property description retains it.
Here are a few best practices that can help you make an appealing property description:
- Craft a Catchy Headline: You only have a few seconds to grab the readers’ attention. So, keep your headline short and use descriptive words.
- Make an Opening Statement: Highlight the features of your property that could not fit in the headline. For instance, parking in city listings, mountain or lake views, etc.
- Choose Popular Adjectives: Listings that contain words like captivating, luxurious, impeccable, stainless, etc. are sold more than the ones that do not include them.
- Talk About Features: Mention name-brand appliances, type of flooring (cherry, walnut, etc.), energy-efficient devices like solar panels, wi-fi-enabled smart devices, etc.
- Mention Nearby Amenities: Talk about parks, schools, shopping places, recreational facilities, etc. located nearby.
Remember, you have a limited text space to talk about your property on the MLS. So keep your property descriptions as precise as possible.
5. What Seller Disclosures do I Have to Fill Out?
Here are some of the common disclosures required while selling your house on your own:
- Property Disclosure: It is a document that contains all the general information about the property. This typically includes material defects, features, nature of occupancy, space to provide additional information, etc.
- Lead-Based Paint Hazard: As per the legal binding, for homes built before 1978, the seller should declare any lead-based paint hazards in the house.
- Flood Zone Statement: A buyer’s lender may require the concerned property’s flood hazard disclosures report before providing the loan. This could be important in mortgages that are backed by the federal government.
» Seller’s Disclosure: What American Home Sellers Need To Disclose
🎯 Houzeo Makes FSBO Paperwork Easy
With varying federal, state, and MLS requirements, paperwork can be daunting. Houzeo automatically assigns you the right paperwork to get your property listed. You can get a Licensed Broker to assist you with closing, if that’s all you need.
» List Now: Start your FREE listing on Houzeo.com!
6. How to Market Your Home For Sale by Owner?
95% of home buyers search and review homes online. Thus, getting maximum online exposure is the #1 priority for a seller when selling their house, combined with other marketing tactics.
Here are the six powerful ways of marketing your home when selling for sale by owner:
|1.||List on the MLS||Homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for 17% more. That doesn’t mean you need to hire a listing agent or pay that extra commission. Craft appealing listing descriptions to entice potential buyers. Use for sale by owner websites to list your home and offer a competitive buyer agent commission. That’ll have you in good stead to get top-dollar for your property.|
✍️ Pro Tip: Research the best For Sale By Owner websites to sell your house by owner
|2.||Get a Yard Sign||Do not get a “FOR SALE BY OWNER” yard sign. FSBO yard signs have a negative association. Additionally, it’ll limit your options because some MLS’ will not allow them. Instead get a “FOR SALE” yard sign, preferably with your phone number. Houzeo custom yard sign is $49 only, and it’s FREE with a selfie!|
✍️ Pro Tip: If you secure a buyer from a yard sign, chances are you’ll save on the buyer agent commission as well. Well worth the $49 investment!
|3.||Hire a Professional Photographer||Hire a professional real estate photographer to create a portfolio of your house. Professional photos can greatly impact the selling process by attracting more buyers.|
✍️ Pro Tip: A real estate photographer can collate a portfolio that otherwise may not be possible if you take up the job.
|4.||Share Your Listing on Social Media||Share your Houzeo listing on social media sites. It includes your contact info. If you share Zillow or Redfin listings, all the leads your listing generates will be sold to paying buyer agents who’ll demand a competitive buyer agent commission. |
Houzeo doesn’t sell your information or leads. All buyer leads see your contact info, so you might save the buyer agent commission.
✍️ Pro Tip: If you secure a buyer from social sharing, chances are you’ll save on the buyer agent commission as well.
|5.||Print Sales Flyers/Brochures||Have flyers and/or brochures readily available to give to people who look at your house. |
Include property specifics: property description, sale price, property address, and your contact details – both your phone number and email address.
✍️ Pro Tip: Act like a real estate professional: answer calls, be flexible about showings, hold open houses, and don’t take criticism seriously. You are learning how to sell a house by owner.
|6.||List on Craigslist||Craigslist is still the biggest classified ad platform. And it’s still effective today. Here’s how to sell a house on Craigslist.|
» Creative Ways to Market a House: Discover Unique Ways of Marketing Your House
7. How do I Manage Showings?
Once your property is ready for showings, it is critical to manage them effectively. You want to know who has seen your property or expressed interest in seeing it. And you also want to track when a potential buyer last saw it.
Online showing scheduling tools provide buyers and buyer agents with a frictionless way to request and schedule showings. Cutting-edge showing technologies, like Houzeo Showings, also feature ways for buyers and buyer agents to provide feedback on your listing.
Houzeo Showings: How It Works
|1.||Set Showing Calendar||Buyers and buyer agents should only be shown times when the property is available for showing. This saves the time spent in correspondence of all parties.|
|2.||Request & Reschedule Showings||It’s critical that buyers and buyer agents can request showings at available times. Things do change sometimes, so they should be able to reschedule and cancel showing requests as well.|
|3.||Provide Feedback||Feedback from buyers and buyer agents is critical for home sellers. It allows them to assess if their property is priced too high, the backyard needs fencing, or the door lock was too difficult to open. If the property is on a major street, there’s nothing the home seller can do about it. But where the feedback is actionable, small remedies can go a long way in improving showings and attracting top dollar for your property.|
🗓️ Houzeo Showings: See how the most powerful showing app works on mobile and the web.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Review and compare offers
- Manage Showings Online
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
8. How to Review and Negotiate Offers?
Though you are selling your home without a Realtor, the basics of what to do when you get offers remain the same – accept, decline, or ignore the offers (not recommended).
We suggest you review the offers on all their merits, and never ignore an offer. Even if it’s a low-ball offer, you should counter with what you would accept. Where you are sure you don’t want to counter or accept, just politely decline.
Countering an offer, or calling for the highest & best offers are 2 advanced tactics in every real estate agent’s arsenal. When selling your homes by owner, home sellers need to learn these 2 tactics.
Most companies will give you complex forms to counter an offer, or to request the highest & best. Houzeo has digitized these features. So, you can counter or ask for the highest & best offers with just a few clicks! That’s selling a house by the owner made easy.
Houzeo Offers: How to Counter or Request Highest & Best
|#||Advanced Tactic||When to Use||How to Use|
|1.||Counter an Offer||Single or Multiple Offer Situation||Your best offer is not just the highest one. It’ll be competitive across several parameters: deposit, financing, inspection contingency, closing timeline, etc. |
When countering an offer, you can request any of these parameters to be updated per your preferences.
▶️ Learn more: How to Counter an Offer on Houzeo
|2.||Request Highest & Best Offers||Multiple Offer Situation||If you have multiple offers, and a timeline by which you’d like to pick an offer, you can call for the highest & best offer from all interested parties.|
▶️ Learn more: How to Request the Highest & Best Offer on Houzeo
How do I Create a Solid FSBO Contract?
You can draft your own FSBO contract, but we do not recommend it. It is best to hire a licensed real estate attorney for drafting the contract.
A real estate attorney would provide you with professional guidance when needed. They will also ensure the contract stands legally binding for both parties.
What is a For Sale By Owner Contract?
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) contract is a legally binding document used when selling a property by owner. A typical FSBO contract contains the name of the buyer and the seller, contract date, property description, terms of payment, contingencies, etc.
» For Sale by Owner Contract: Who makes it, is it legally binding, and what does it contain?
What FSBO Paperwork do You Need?
Here are some key documents you’ll likely sign at closing:
- The HUD-1 or Closing Disclosure: When homes are purchased with a mortgage, you’ll summarize the detailed costs in the Closing Disclosure. If your sale is all cash, you may get the HUD-1, which is less common. These documents detail the amounts you’re charged for, your loan payoffs if any, and the net proceeds you will take to the bank.
- The Deed: It enables the legal transfer of title from the seller to the buyer. Read this document carefully, verifying all details including the legal description of the property, the deed book, the deed book page, and the Property Identification Number (PIN), if any.
- Purchase Agreement: It is a standard form of real estate contract that details the terms of transactions. It contains aspects such as sale price, financing contingencies, property description, etc.
- Bill of Sale: It contains information about the sellers and the buyer with the selling price.
- Statement of Closing Costs: This statement summarizes all the expenses involved in the transaction.
- Certificate of Title: It allows you to state that you have the right to sell the property.
There are also additional documents required in the real estate selling process. These can vary from state to state. Some of the legal documents needed to sell a home by owner or even otherwise are stated below:
- Loan Payoff: You need to provide proper documentation if the disbursement of the loan amount has been completed. Else, you need to provide how much you still owe.
- HOA Forms: If the house is part of HOA, the seller needs to give the buyer all the documentation on restrictions, fees, financials, and more.
- Survey Papers: The documentation defines the location and the dimensions of the property. This is important while selling your own home.
- Repairing Proof: While selling real estate, if the seller has made repairs to the property before the sale, they need to furnish the relevant documentation.
- Power of Attorney: If the property is inherited, then the seller needs to furnish the details of the history and how the property was passed onto him/her.
- Home Inspection Report: This contains all the details about the inspection of the property.
- Home Warranty Papers: It contains all the coverage of the property, period, and cost of insurance.
- Correction Agreement: A correction agreement is a document that allows the buyers and sellers the scope to correct mistakes in some specific documents like a sale deed, a title deed, etc.
- Affidavits: A seller will need to provide a few affidavits like name affidavit, non-foreign, etc. This may also include affidavits like “Affidavit of Title” which discloses that you are the rightful owner of the property and that there are no liens on the property.
» Paperwork for Selling a House Without a Realtor: Everything You Need to Know
Check out our state-specific articles for more information on required documents.
🚀 Blast Past Paperwork With Houzeo
Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in <60 mins. Start NOW!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
If this is your first time selling a property by an owner or learning how to sell your house by owner, schedule an appointment with the closing agent before the closing date. Before that appointment, do your research and clarify any doubts. Readiness on how to sell your house yourself makes a huge difference.
Bring TWO Forms of Official ID
There would be a licensed notary involved, who will require you to verify your identity. Thus, take a valid driver’s license or passport for identification. Carry a secondary ID, just in case.
Closing documents are legally binding agreements. Ensure you keep the paperwork error-free or you can derail your sale and be forced to re-list your house.
How to Close on Your Home When Selling FSBO?
Closing or the settlement process in every state is handled by a settlement agent – an attorney, an escrow, or a title company.
Even though you will have your closing agents, you have to take care of a few things while selling a home by owner. This includes:
1. Title, Appraisals, and Inspections
Title, appraisals, and inspections are crucial parts of selling a house. They all require agents/companies that could verify the data and aid in the selling process.
- Title: A clear title and a meticulous transfer are key to a real estate transaction. Title insurance protects you if there is any problem related to the prior ownership of the property. It makes you whole in case of a legal dispute related to the title.
- Inspection: An inspector inspects the property before the home buying process is completed. They check for any defects/repairs in the property and raise concerns accordingly. This ensures that the buyers don’t have to shell out money in case there are defects in the property which the seller did not highlight.
- Appraisal: An appraiser does market research and evaluates the price of a specific property. The appraisal manager ensures that a correct price is offered by the seller and as per the market value.
CMA vs. Appraisal: Know the Difference
Here is a table depicting the difference between Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) and Appraisal:
|Performed by||Real estate agent/broker||Licensed appraiser|
|Purpose||Suggest the best listing price for a house||Help the bank determine the mortgage amount|
2. Paying all the Seller Closing Costs
- Agent Commission: Even if you are selling your home by owner, there are chances that you will interact with represented buyers. You will shell out about 2.5% to 3% in the buyer agent commission.
- Title Insurance: It helps sellers/buyers from any legalities if there is a flaw in the ownership of the property. The insurance fee can be paid by either seller or buyer based on the negotiations.
- Transfer Tax: This cost is to be paid to the local government when there is a transfer of ownership of the real estate.
- Attorney Fee: If you are hiring a real estate attorney to aid in the selling process, then you will have to pay the attorney fee. In some states, an attorney acts as a closing agent which makes the real estate attorney fees compulsory.
- Property Tax: This tax is paid to the local government by the property owner.
- Capital Gains Tax: Many states require sellers to pay capital gains tax when they sell off a property. The capital gain is the difference between the cost at which the house was sold and the cost at which it was bought.
» Closing Costs For Sellers: A must-read before selling by owner
Selling by Owner vs Realtor
For sale by owner websites like Houzeo give your listing maximum exposure at a small flat fee. Here is a table showing how Houzeo beats selling with Realtor and selling FSBO:
|Selling With a|
FSBO with Houzeo
|5-star Customer Support||❌||❌||✅|
How to Sell Your House Yourself in the US?
To understand how selling a house for sale by owner works where you live, click on your state below:
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
Where to Sell a House by Owner?
We recommend you sell your house by owner with for sale by owner websites. Here are the top 3 for sale by owner websites:
|#||FSBO Website||Why we Recommend this Company||Check out their Reviews|
|1.||Houzeo||Houzeo provides the best combination of savings, cutting-edge technology, exposure, and 5-star customer support. Know more about Houzeo.||Houzeo Reviews|
|2.||Homecoin||Homecoin is 100% online & offers MLS listings at an affordable price.||Homecoin Reviews|
|3.||Fizber||Fizber offers three MLS listing packages, offering home sellers options to choose from.||Fizber Reviews|
» For Sale By Owner Websites: Research America’s Best FSBO Websites Before Choosing One
Tips for Selling Your Home by Owner
Here are 4 tips that will help you sell your home FSBO easily and quickly:
- Price Your Home Competitively: Make sure to now under or over-price your home. Do neighborhood research and use online CMA tools to price accurately.
- Upload Professional Photos: Homes photographed sell 32% faster! Hire a professional photographer to collate an appealing portfolio.
- List on MLS: Homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for 17% more. List your home with a Flat Fee MLS listing service like Houzeo at $349 and gain maximum exposure.
- Offer Competitive Buyer Agent Commission: 90% of home sales involve buyer agents. Offering a competitive buyer agent commission will help to attract top-dollar.
» For Sale By Owner Tips: Discover 7 Best FSBO Tips to Sell Your Home Faster
Alternative Ways to Sell Your Home
If your ultimate goal is to save money but do not wish to deal with all the hassle alone, we recommend two alternatives.
1. Flat Rate Brokers
Flat rate brokers are full-service brokers i.e. they handle everything from listing to closing. They charge a flat rate that is a fixed amount that does not change as per the services or the home value.
A flat rate is perfect for homes priced on the higher end. Let’s say your house is valued at $700,000 and you pick a flat-rate pricing model of a $3,500 listing fee. If you opt for the traditional agent route, you would have to pay a realtor commission of around $21,000.
Apart from the buyer agent commission, you will also be responsible for concessions, escrow fees, and warranties.
Our #1 Pick for a Flat Rate Company
Why It’s #1: Homie has a good customer rating. And various home sellers have appreciated Homie agents for their experience and negotiation skills.
Pricing: Homie charges a $3,500 flat rate. This includes agent charges, real estate photography, MLS listing, and a yard sign.
👉 Out Take: Homie would be a good choice when selling property in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, or Utah. But if you are looking to sell in other states, we recommend Houzeo. Houzeo is more affordable than Homie and has nationwide coverage.
» Homie Reviews: Alternatives, and Everything You Need to Know
- Full-service brokerage
- Decent listing fee
- Rebate for buyers
- Very limited coverage
- Limited a la carte options
Homie is rated 4.3 out of 5 on Google.
Homie covers only Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.
2. Low Commission Realtors
Low commission Realtors or agents are discount brokers who work on a lower commission rather than the traditional 3% commission.
Generally, low commission Realtors work at commissions like 1%-2% instead of the traditional 3%.
Our #1 Pick for a Low Commission Company
Why It’s #1: Commission charged by Redfin is more affordable than other low-commission Realtors.
Pricing: Redfin charges a 1% listing fee. But it is subject to the condition that you must buy with Redfin within 365 days of the closing. Else, you will be charged 1.5%.
👉 Our Take: Redfin would be an ideal choice for regular home sellers. For an investor, a real estate wholesaler, or a home flipper Houzeo’s affordable flat fee MLS listing plans would be the go-to choice.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros & Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Detailed paperwork
- Cash offer feature available
- Thorough listing agreement
- Rebate of 0.5% (in case of full-service plan) if you buy and sell with them
Redfin has an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin has a reach in 100+ U.S. markets, giving nationwide coverage.
Bottom-line: Selling FSBO in the United States
FSBO route can be one of the best ways of selling your house by owner, but it makes the process a little complicated.
A seller will need to be aware of a lot of processes and documents that form a part of the process. In fact, for most new sellers, the extra bucks incurred come at a cost. Ultimately, you will have to be on top of many things to close the deal and may require professional help.
One of the best ways to sell a house by owner requires you to leverage a sophisticated For Sale By Owner platform like Houzeo.
Best Way to Sell Your Home For Sale By Owner: List With Houzeo.com
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Packages: Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299: It is best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349: This includes everything competitors like Fizber.com charge $399 for. In addition, you can make unlimited changes to your listing.
- Gold Package – $429: It is Houzeo’s signature package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for: Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and Digital Transaction Management.
- Platinum Package – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
Custom Yard Sign: To maximize exposure, Houzeo offers custom “For Sale” yard signs. It costs $49 and comes free with a selfie!
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo’s cutting-edge technology, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
- Quick listing
- Nationwide coverage
- Mobile app availability
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
Houzeo is available nationwide.
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Watch exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Real People, Real Stories
Start Your FREE Listing NOW!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Who pays closing costs when selling a house by owner?
Most of the closing costs are generally paid by the sellers. But some costs can be negotiated between the seller and the buyer.
2. How much money do you save selling by owner?
Homeowners can save a 3% listing agent commission by selling their houses themselves. If you get an unrepresented buyer, you can save an additional 3%.
3. What to do when selling a house by owner?
You must do the following when selling your home by owner:
1) Get your house ready for sale
2) Price your home competitively and as per market standards
3) Get listed on the MLS
4) Market your home social media sites
5) Manage showings effectively with showing management tools available for buyers
6) Negotiate offers based on market standards and your requirements
7) Co-ordinate with your closing agents to handle closings
4. How to sell a house by owner for cash?
Sellers can sell their houses for cash by opting for various cash buyers. This includes retail cash home buyers, iBuyers and We Buy Houses For Cash Companies and investors. Check out our rankings for the Companies that Buy Houses for Cash.
5. Is for sale by owner worth it?
Yes, selling a house for sale by owner is entirely worth it. 77% of FSBO homes are sold in less than two weeks and you can save thousands in real estate commissions. However, it is essential that FSBO home sellers get proper guidance when needed and get listed on the MLS. Here's how to list on the MLS by owner.
6. How to sell a house fast by owner?
You can sell your house fast by the owner through the following ways:
(1) Selling a house as is by wholesaling and flipping.
(2) Offering your house to Companies That Buy Houses for Cash.
(3) Selling your house to iBuyers.
7. How to sell a house online by owner?
You can opt for sale by owner websites to sell your house for sale by owner. Discover our rankings for the top for sale by owner websites.
free paperwork for selling a house by owner, fastest way to sell a house by owner, benefits of selling home by owner, should you sell your house by owner, websites to sell your house by owner, checklist for selling a house by owner, sell your house by owner, how to sell house by owner, risks of selling home by owner, sites to sell your home by owner, home sell by owner, owner selling homes, home owners selling houses, how does selling a house by owner work, forms needed to sell home by owner, house selling by owner, how to sell a house by owner paperwork, guide to selling your home by owner, how to sell your home with a realtor, how to sale a house by owner, selling the house by owner
what to do when selling your home yourself, how to for sale by owner, selling my home by owner. how to sell my house by owner, how to sell property by owner, selling houses by owner, what paperwork do i need to sell my house myself, house sell by owner, how does for sale by owner work, sell homes by owner, how do you sell a house by owner, how do i sell my house by owner, how to sell you home by owner, how to sell your home by owner, selling house by owner steps, selling real estate by owner, steps in selling a home by owner, steps to sell a house by owner, steps to sell property by owner, what to do to sell your house by owner, best way to sell your house by owner, how do you sell your house by owner,
how to sell real estate by owner, selling my house by owner, how to sell a house as is by owner, for sale by owner pros and cons, how to list home for sale by owner, how to list house for sale by owner, houses sold by owner, how to list a home for sale by owner, how to list your house, how to sell your house by yourself, marketing your home for sale by owner, selling house on own, best way to sell house by owner, selling your home by yourself, things to know when selling a house by owner, what is required to sell a house by owner, how do you sell a home by owner, for sale by owner how to sell your house, how to sell home by owner
how sell house by owner, how sell your house by owner, how to sell a home by owner, how to sell a home for sale by owner, how to sell a house for sale by owner, how to sell by owner, how to sell by owner house, how to sell your home for sale by owner, how to sell your house for sale by owner, how to sell.your house by owner, process of selling a house by owner, sell the house by owner, selling a home by owner steps, selling a house for sale by owner, selling home by owner steps, selling house by owner process, homes selling by owner, houses sell by owners, best way to sell your home for sale by owner, best way to sell property by owner, best way to sell real estate by owner,