» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | Discount Brokers to Avoid | Everything to Know about Discount Real Estate Brokers in Vancouver, WA | Ways to get Discounted Realtor Fees | Alternatives | Why Discount Brokers? | How Houzeo Works | Final Word | FAQs
Compared to last year, the home prices in Vancouver have increased by 9.4%. If you’re planning to sell your house, discount real estate brokers in Vancouver, WA can help you save thousands in real estate commissions.
Here is a list of the best discount real estate brokers in Vancouver, WA.
Rankings: Top Discount Real Estate Companies & Brokers in Vancouver, WA
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Companies & Brokers in Vancouver, WA
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo is an online tech company that offers real estate solutions. It provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Homesellers
- Affordable Flat Fee: Houzeo’s plans are typically a small flat fee. This will save you thousands. If your buyer is unrepresented, you also save the buyer agent commission.
- Listings on MLS: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites. Houzeo also has nifty social media sharing tools. No other platform gives you this much exposure.
- Fully Virtual Service: Houzeo is 100% online. Listing is easy and changes are fast. So you can focus on what is most important – your sale.
Houzeo for Homebuyers
- Access to Listings without Agents: Houzeo lets buyers get access to all the nearby listings on MLS without working with an agent.
- Closing Costs Calculator: Houzeo’s unique Closing Costs Calculator lets buyers get an accurate final cost at the end of the buying process.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
GOOD ADD-ON FEATURES
Trelora offers two listing packages for sellers.
- Trelora EasySell – $2,500: This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app where sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service – 1.5% Commission: This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1.5% of the listing price.
Coverage: Trelora offers services only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trelora EasySell for the use of the mobile app which ensures an easier process.
Trelora was founded in 2011, it is a well-regarded low commission real estate brokerage. The firm has a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
- Good Add-On Features: They offer add-on features like listing consultation, professional photography, and negotiation assistance.
- Good Technology: Their software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and straightforward, though not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
- Buyer’s Refund: With Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $3,000.
Trelora has drawbacks you should know about before you venture with them.
- Multiple Agents Assistance: Trelora agents handle multiple clients to save on operating costs. Different low-cost real estate agents assist you at every sale stage leading to miscommunication.
- Poor Customer Support: Customers who have worked with them previously have complained about poor customer service quality.
Trelora has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 132 reviews on Yelp.
» Trelora Reviews: Check out the customer reviews that can help you know more about Trelora.
BEST TECH-ENABLED BROKERAGE
Redfin is America’s #1 discount real estate brokerage. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and everything.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker. We recommend its concierge plan because it includes everything.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you services apart from Redfin’s defined services.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”, but in reality they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors in Vancouver, WA. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
Everything You Should Know About Selling with Discount Real Estate Brokers in Vancouver, WA
What are Discount/ Low Commission Real Estate Brokers & Companies?
Discount real estate brokers or low commission real estate brokers are top real estate agents in Vancouver, WA that provide specific services for a discounted fee.
Instead of charging the seller standard agent commission of 3% (listing agent commission), low-cost Vancouver, WA realtors will work for less (such as a 1%-2% commission or a pre-defined flat fee) and provide restricted services. The reduced fee can easily save sellers a good amount of money.
A discount realtor in Vancouver typically offers the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Vancouver, WA
There are four types of low-commission real estate agents:
1. Flat Fee MLS Brokers
A flat fee MLS listing company or service is nothing but a registered flat fee realtor in Vancouver WA with a low commission or discounted broker/that lists your home on the MLS for an upfront flat fee.
The seller and the broker agree on a la carte services, and the broker takes a flat fee instead of a percentage of the home’s sale price. Say you want to sell a $500,000 home. A traditional agent will charge you between 2% and 3% of the sale price. That’s 15 grand!
2. Virtual Full-Service Agents
Think of everything a traditional agent does, from listing your property, marketing it, pricing it, negotiating with buyers, and closing it.
An online discount broker- full service does all that – online. Because of their cloud-based presence, they have many advantages such as lesser fees, discounted commissions, and much better management and marketing support. Many MLS listing companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online.
3. Flat Rate Low Commission
You can choose a low commission (flat-rate) agent in some markets. For a flat fee of $3,000 to $6,000, the agent will sell your home. The flat rate is usually based on how much the house is worth and how well the agent does their job. In this case, there is no percentage listing fee. Everything has a fixed price. Homie is one of the best examples of a real estate broker with a flat rate listing of $3500 and a low commission rate. Since Homie doesn’t offer as many services as full-service flat fee real estate brokers in Vancouver, WA it can easily make up for the lower prices it charges.
Think about the following situation: The price on the list is $450,000. With a flat-rate model, the agent’s commission fee stays the same no matter what happens, even if you agree to sell your home for less money. This is because it is a flat rate that doesn’t depend on how much the house is sold.
Before you hire a real estate agent in Vancouver you should find out what kind of service you can expect from the company. Make sure you’ve read the contract all the way through before you sign it. Some services, like consultation, professional photography, yard signs, and other marketing materials might be included in the flat fee, but this is not guaranteed.
So, if you don’t include them in your budget, you may have to pay a lot of money out of your own pocket. Any contract with a flat-fee agent needs to be read carefully, especially the small print. Also, keep in mind that even if you use a flat-rate agent, you will still have to pay the buyer’s agent fees, which will be between 2.5 and 3 percent.
4. Discounted Commission Full-Service Real Estate Agents
Full-service discount brokers offer many of the same services as traditional realtors for a low listing fee or flat rate, but they don’t charge as much. When a house is sold, they give the seller money back in the form of a discount on their commissions.
For example, if a full-service discount broker charges 1.5 percent of the sale price instead of the standard 2.5 percent of the sale price on a $450,000 house, you will save $4,500 in commissions. There are many discount real estate brokers, but they are not all the same.
Some have a lot more value and a lot less risk than others. But in most businesses, you have to take what you can get. All of these things could happen if there aren’t many services, if there’s less support, if agents don’t have much experience, and if there’s not much to choose from.
👍 BETTER IN ALL – AGENTS, SERVICES & SAVINGS!
Why pay a higher commission for a lower service? With Houzeo you can get better services at an affordable price!!
- 👩💼Qualified and Reputed Agents
- 💰You list your home at a very reasonable price within 24 hours
- 📣 Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- ⭐ 5-Star Customer Support
- ❌ You can cancel anytime with no obligation
4 More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Are you a good negotiator? In fact, commissions in the Washington real estate can be negotiated. Even if the company is a flat-rate discounter, you can always ask for a few minor tweaks. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how.
Average Area Commission
Know your leverage before negotiating. For example, the real estate commission in Washington is 5.30%, which is slightly lesser than the national average. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible. Once you know your reference point, negotiations can get a lot more reasonable.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount brokerage or company to buy and sell has its own set of advantages. It makes you more likely to be repeat customers, giving you more chances to get refunds and cheaper commissions. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company.
Pick the right type of Discount Broker
For example, picking a flat rate discount broker may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will wind up losing more, instead, for maximum savings, you can pick a flat fee MLS company.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee.
How to choose a Low commission/ Discount Real Estate Broker, Brokerage, or Company?
To find discount real estate brokers in Vancouver, WA look for a low-commission brand. Check for services and top companies. You will be assigned a low-commission real estate agent based on brokerage policies. As a seller, you can choose the right broker. Then you can use the chosen broker.
Alternatives to Discount/Low commission Real Estate Agents
A traditional agent assists you in buying, selling, renting, and all other aspects of real estate. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Let’s get down to business with their commissions. The average overall commission fee for selling a home is 5%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes on a regular basis and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in the sale and marketing of their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs, which can potentially total up to a staggering 17%!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» iBuyer Reviews: Selling your home for cash in 2022!
For Sale By Owner
As the term indicates, a for sale by owner property is one that is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly. FSBO is ideal for sellers with some experience with the selling process and marketing. The best way to FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents all throughout the country, allowing it to sell faster and with the most exposure possible.
» For Sale by Owner Websites: 12 best for sale by owner websites in 2022!
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or flat fee realtor in Vancouver will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Vancouver, WA.
|Traditional Agent |
If the seller has to pay a lower sum in commission, they may reduce the overall price of the house, making the property that much more inexpensive to buy for you.
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Let’s Find Out How Houzeo Works
Real estate bargain brokers fall midway between a for-sale-by-owner and a full-service agency. With MLS listing packages starting at $349 and cutting-edge technology that allows you to manage your property, review offers, counter, and manage showings online and via their mobile app, Houzeo delivers the best of both worlds.
Check out the following video to understand: What is Houzeo? How does it work? And, why it is the best FSBO & Flat Fee MLS platform out there?
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
There are a number of low-cost discount real estate brokers in Vancouver, WA today that provide unique features at a great value. For a seller, it is recommended to look for pointers like listing fees, listing time, services offered, customer service, coverage, and technology before selecting a Vancouver discount realtor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between full service and discount brokers?
The difference between a full-service broker and a discount brokers is that a full-service broker gives you a higher level of personal service for your investments, but at a higher cost. When compared to a full-service broker, a discount broker charges less for buying and selling orders.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in Vancouver, WA?
Real estate commissions are completely negotiable in Vancouver, WA. Compare the commissions and free services offered by different Realtors, then negotiate a better deal. High home value, a competitive market, and a quick turnaround can be used as negotiating leverage.
What is the lowest a Realtor will charge as commissions in Vancouver?
Discount Real Estate Brokers in Vancouver can charge as low as 1%. With a flat fee service, you can save even more, if the valuation of your home is high.
Related: real estate services, home buyers, discount real estate, full service, sales price, listing brokers, home sellers, licensed real estate broker, fixed fee real estate brokers, flat fee real estate brokers, flat rate real estate brokers, fixed rate real estate brokers, sell your home, buying and selling home, buyers brokerage service, listing service, local market flat fee real estate, home sellers, good deal home buying, Vancouver WA buyers and sellers, buy houses for cash, discount brokers real estate, homelight real estateUncategorized