From Amarillo to Brownsville, there are over 148,424 realtors in Texas. With so many realtors, there are bound to be thousands of real estate companies.
However, you can save even more money if you list your home on the open market with sell your home yourself websites. Houzeo will automatically assign your local MLS documents and help you list on MLS quickly.
Top Real Estate Companies in Texas for:
- Selling Your Home: Sellers need maximum exposure for their listing, max commission savings, a 100% online experience, and 5-star customer support.
- Buying a Home: Buyers need a great agent to negotiate for them, maximum buyer rebate, and stellar customer support.
- Agents to Work in: Agents want the best commission splits, to earn equity in the company, a strong training program, and stellar tech and support.
Top 9 Real Estate Companies in Texas
Let’s look at the top companies in Texas for real estate in 2023.
3 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Sellers
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers: Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages for home sellers.
- Bronze Package – $299: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 3 months with 6 photos. You pay an additional $49 for a custom yard sign.
- Silver Package – $379: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
- Add-ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lock boxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs only $49, but you can get it for free if you send us a selfie!
Mobile App: List your property, manage showings, and review & compare offers at your fingertips with Houzeo’s App!
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com.
Houzeo is Florida’s #1 real estate company because of 8 reasons:
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites.
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints.
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees.
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is Texas’ #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers Texas FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
RE/MAX is a network of franchised brokerages that are independently owned and operated. It has a global footprint with a presence in over 110 countries.
- Traditional Agents – 5% to 6% Commission: RE/MAX is a traditional brokerage. Normally, traditional agents charge an average commission of 5%-6% as they guide and assist you through the entire selling process.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX is a well-known real estate brokerage. However, each office is independently owned and operated, so the experience and the quality of service may vary by office.
» Top Real Estate Brokerages in the USA: Check out our list of top brokerages for 2023
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Personal Agent: RE/MAX agents guide you throughout your entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Extensive Marketing: Agents at RE/MAX use cutting-edge tools and implement multiple marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
The major dealbreaker of RE/MAX is
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has multiple customer complaints regarding timeline lapses and unresponsive customer service.
RE/MAX has a rating of 2.7 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
However, customers have complained about delayed transactions and the unresponsive nature of the agents.
3. Jessica Hargis Group
The Jessica Hargis Realty is part of Coldwell Banker. With extensive experience in the home-selling process, the group claims to provide E2E services to their clients.
- Traditional Agents – 5%-6% Commission: Typically, they charge a commission of 5%-6% of your home’s sale price for their services.
👉 Our Take: Jessica Hargis is a known real estate agent in Texas with 20 years of experience. Her innovative marketing strategies and negotiation skills make her a great Realtor. This is also reflected in her group.
Major highlights of Jessica Hargis Realty:
- MLS Listings: They offer local MLS listings services in Addison, Allen, Dallas, Fate, Frisco, Garland, Heath, Mckinney, Rockwall, and Royce. Additionally, your listing is also syndicated to major real estate web portals.
- Market Exposure: They ensure your property gets maximum exposure by way of internet marketing, email marketing, video marketing, Google Ads, online property brochures, and extensive social media marketing.
- Overlooking Paperwork: They handle all the paperwork related to selling your home which includes sellers disclosures and contracts.
- Responsiveness: Several clients in their reviews have lauded the Group on its ability to actively communicate by keeping them updated every step of their home-selling journey.
- Expertise and Experience: With a record of selling over 800 homes in the last 12 months, Jessica Hargis and her team have considerable expertise, knowledge, and experience in selling homes in the DFW metroplex area.
Setbacks of Jessica Hargis Realty include:
- Limited Coverage in Texas: The Group mainly serves the Dallas Metroplex area. It does not cover the whole of Texas.
- Low on Tech: The Group does not have a mobile application of its own. Like most traditional brokerage, most of the paperwork is manually done making it a time-consuming and tedious process.
Jessica Hargis Realty is rated 5.0/5.0 on Zillow.
Jessica Hargis is a known real estate agent in Texas. The Jessica Hargis Realty is part of Coldwell Banker. With extensive experience in the home-selling process, the agents are known to be perceptive and knowledgeable.
They provide services to sellers from the start till the closing. However, if you’re not from the Dallas Metroplex area then chances are that they don’t offer their services in your area.
3 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Buyers
1. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is a real estate brokerage franchise in the US. Headquartered in Minneapolis with over 44,000 real estate agents and 900 offices, BHHS makes over $136 billion annually in residential real estate transactions.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you can register with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices for free of cost.
👉 Our Take: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices provides its services to all kinds of home buyers whether you are a first-time home buyer or a luxury home buyer.
» Selling a House: Things you need to know!
Key highlights of BHHS include:
- Search Tool: BHHS provides you with a search tool so you can browse through a variety of homes available in the market.
- Assistance in Paperwork: The agents handle all paperwork for you in relation to buying a house.
- Market Knowledge: BHHS agents provide practical knowledge and guidance based on years of local market expertise. With in-depth property and community information, they help you finalize your dream home.
- Mortgage Calculator: They provide a mortgage calculator by which you can figure out the monthly payments of a home mortgage loan, based on your desired home’s sale price.
- Start to Close Assistance: BHHS agents are experienced in handling all phases of the purchase process, including home inspections.
Few red flags we found about Berkshire Hathaway include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Since BHHS franchises are independently owned and operated, agent experience differs from one location to another.
- Poor Reviews: Customers have complained about delayed transactions and a lack of communication from the agent’s end.
Berkshire Hathaway has a rating of 2.2 out of 5 on Best Company.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Texas Realty provides buyers with unlimited access to their daily updated listings with pictures, details, property features, and nearby amenities to help them choose the best home.
You can also opt for their email updates that apprise you of new homes on the market. However, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Texas Realty offers its services mainly in Austin and nearby areas.
2. Coldwell Banker
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in America. Owned by Anywhere Real Estate Inc., this full-service brokerage has over 3,000 offices in 49 countries and territories.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you pay nothing to avail services of Coldwell Banker.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are professional and committed to providing quality service to their customers.
Key features of Coldwell Banker:
- Experts in Negotiations: Coldwell Banker’s agents are skilled and have considerable experience in negotiating the best deal for you.
- Assistance in finding a lender: They help you find a local lender to get you pre-qualified for your desired home by determining whether you can afford to purchase the home.
- Home Searching: With access to the MLS and other tools, the agents narrow down the best home for you as per your wants, needs, and budget.
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure you have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
- Strong Agent Network: Owing to strong connections with other real estate agents, your agent can find you multiple potential property options.
Red flags of Coldwell Banker include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Several clients of Coldwell Banker have complained of a lack of trust in the agents they had dealt with.
- Lapses in Transactions: Customer complaints include delays in transactions, laid-back attitude, misrepresentations, and the unresponsiveness of agents.
Coldwell Banker is rated 3.0 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in the country. With expertise, knowledge, and experience in the real estate market, they strive to get the best home for their clients.
Coldwell Banker covers the majority of Texas. Although their marketing strategies undoubtedly provide your property with maximum exposure, we would still advise you to conduct due diligence before you choose your real estate agent.
3. Ebby Halliday
The Ebby Halliday has been active in the North Texas real estate industry for more than 75 years. It has 50+ offices in different areas in North Texas.
- No Service Fee: First Team does not charge buyers any fee for its services.
👉 Our Take: If you’re a buyer, then you can benefit from Ebby Halliday’s team of experienced and skilled agents. They work towards making your home-buying a smooth experience.
Key features of Ebby Halliday include:
- Mobile App: You can browse properties at your fingertips with Ebby Halliday’s Mobile App.
- Mortgage Pre-approval: Ebby Halliday can recommend you a loan officer who’ll help you get a pre-approval by determining your finances.
- Property Search: With the search facilities on the website, you can narrow down your selection of property with the help of various filters.
- Property Alerts: Upon signing up for property email alerts, you can browse through new properties that hit the market.
- Visit Homes: Once you’re ready, you can view homes with your agent. This will give your agent a better idea of what you’re looking for in a house.
- Agent Assitance: Your agent will assist you in making an informed decision by conducting a CMA (to help you know the market value of the property), preparing the offer, negotiating, and more.
One of the major drawbacks of Ebby Halliday is:
- Unreliable Agents: Customers have complained about the unprofessionalism and unresponsive nature of a few agents.
Ebby Halliday has a 2.5 out of 5-star rating on Yelp.
Since 1945, Ebby Halliday has been active in the North Texas real estate industry. It provides home buyers with a variety of services which include a mobile application, mortgage calculator, financing assistance, and agent assistance from start to close.
However, we advise you to conduct your due diligence since customers have complained about inconsistent agent quality.
3 Best Real Estate Companies To Work For in Texas
A real estate company employs licensed agents to represent local buyers and sellers. As a real estate agent, you must consider the following factors in a real estate company – commissions, training, agent equity, revenue share, profit share, and technical support.
|Real Estate Company||Commission Split||Profit Share||Revenue Share||Agent Equity||Tech Support||Training Program|
|1. eXp Realty||80/20||❌||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|2. Keller Williams Realty||64/36||✅||❌||❌||✅||✅|
|2. Compass||Based on agent discussion.||❌||❌||❌||✅||✅|
1. eXp Realty
- Commission Split: The agents keep 80% of the commission and 20% goes to eXp. After the agents hit the $16,000 cap in their anniversary year, they retain 100% of the commission.
- Revenue Share: eXp Realty’s Revenue Share Program lets agents earn a percentage from the revenue of the agents they’ve sponsored.
- Agent Equity: eXp agents are rewarded with shares of EXPI stock upon accomplishing specific goals.
- Training Program: eXp Realty runs the 2-week Fast Start training program for its new agents. This holistic curriculum has been rated a 4.8 out of 5 by agents who have completed the program.
- Technical Support: eXp Solutions offers agents cutting-edge tools to make the real estate transaction seamless.
▶️ The Rise of eXp Realty: Check out how eXp Realty is beating Compass and Keller Williams
2. Keller Williams Realty
- Commission Split: From the commission, 64% goes to the agent, 30% goes to KW Market Center and 6% is to be paid by the agent as a franchise fee ($3,000 is the cap). Once an agent hits the cap, the commission goes entirely to the agent.
- Profit Share: KW’s Profit-Sharing Program lets agents earn a portion of the profit from the agent they’ve referred.
- Training Program: KW provides a training program that teaches agents the core principles of running a successful real estate business.
- Technical Support: KW Command is a CRM software that equips agents with the necessary tools to handle real estate transactions from start to close.
Compass is a licensed real estate brokerage that combines talent with innovative technology to handle real estate transactions. It has a 4 out of 5 rating on Indeed.
- Commission Split: The commission split for agents in Compass is unclear. It’s based on an agent’s discussion with Compass.
- Training Program: Compass Academy, an arm of Compass provides educational resources such as modules, and live sessions to train its agents.
- Technical Support: Compass provides agents with a comprehensive set of innovative tools such as Marketing Center, Compass CRM, Compass Markets, and more.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Company in Texas?
For Home Sellers
Approximately 86% of homeowners opt for a real estate agent or broker when selling property in Texas. This shows how critical it is to choose the most qualified agent for real estate transactions. When choosing a Texas real estate company, you must consider the following factors:
- Technology: Top companies provide dynamic tech support to their agents to market your property better. Opt for companies that offer quick digital transactions, paperless processes, offer showings, and more.
- Marketing Strategy: A marketing strategy can make or break your transaction. Good marketing strategy includes the use of yard signs, MLS listing, flyers, home staging, photography, open houses, and social media.
- Online Reviews: It’s important to read reviews of agents associated with that company. You can find reviews from credible review platforms like Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Zillow reviews.
- Recommendations: Ask around if anyone knows of a real estate company that has sold their home successfully. In addition, you can also go through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
» Top Real Estate Agents: Here’s a list of top real estate agents in America!
For Home Buyers
86% of buyers purchased their homes through a real estate agent or broker. If you are a buyer looking through Texas real estate companies, keep the following things in mind:
- Rebate: A buyer’s rebate is when an agent gives you a percentage of their commission after the home sale. Agents do this to secure business with you. Some companies have fixed percentages on the rebate amount. Look for companies or brokerages which offer you buyers rebates.
- Resources: Many companies have tools like mortgage calculators, affordability calculators, closing cost calculators, email alerts, and virtual showings which help you in your home-buying journey.
- Agent Reviews: It’s necessary to read online reviews before you choose your agent. Try to get recommendations from family or friends if possible.
For Real Estate Agents
A real estate agent must consider the following points while browsing real estate companies in Texas:
- Commission Model: Real estate agents and realtors in Texas work on commissions. When you sell a house, you split the profits with your broker. A broker charges varied commissions. Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.
- Commission Breakdown: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home where the average commission in your area is 6%. This 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. A 60/40 commission splits mean you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
- Training Modules: Most real estate companies provide training courses to their agents. Franchise companies like RE/MAX, Keller Williams, etc. offer programs to train agents in negotiation, marketing, body language, sales pitch, and lead generation.
- Tech Support: Top real estate companies equip their agents with the latest technology to keep them on par with the competition. Most companies have automated systems to help agents keep track of clients, leads, and emails.
- Marketing & Advertising: Real estate companies also provide agents with high-quality digital and print materials, custom graphics and ads, professional photography, and database management systems to ensure exposure to the customer’s property.
Before you choose a real estate company in Texas, we suggest you conduct thorough research on the company. We are certain our blog will help you make a sound decision in finalizing the best real estate company, as per your criteria.
The basic requirement for a good real estate company is experienced & dedicated agents, maximum savings, tech savviness, and quick transactions. With Houzeo, you get all these factors on one single platform.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the best real estate company in Texas?
Houzeo is the best real estate company in Texas. It offers sellers an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, 100% online experience, and listing exposure.
2. What are the best real estate companies for buyers in Texas?
The best real estate companies for home buyers in Texas are Coldwell-Banker, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, and Ebby Halliday. They offer home buyers various services and tools such as virtual showings, mortgage calculators, and more.
3. Which is the best real estate company to work for in Texas?
The best real estate company to work for is eXp Realty. They offer satisfactory commission splits, revenue share, agent equity, a robust training program, and tech support.
- Selling Inherited Property Texas: Know about inheritance laws while selling your Texas inherited house.
- How to Stop Foreclosure Sale in Texas: Find out the several ways to stop foreclosure, through which you can save your home.
- Best Time to Sell a House in Texas: Find out the best time to sell your house in Texas.
- Cash Offers Texas: Here’s why you should consider it.
- How Much is Closing Cost in Texas: Texas Closing Costs explained in detail.
- Closing Costs for Seller in Texas: Find out closing costs for sellers in Texas.
- Who Pays Closing Cost in Texas?: Read our blog to find out who pays closing costs in Texas.
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo