» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Companies with Flat Fee MLS Services Near Me | Final Word | Frequently Asked Questions
Home prices in Charlotte have increased by 94% over the past five years. Even as the housing market is cooling down, homes are selling at 4% more than the listing price. In such a market, discount real estate brokers in Charlotte, NC can help home sellers and buyers save thousands of dollars.
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Charlotte, NC
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Charlotte Home Zone||1% |
|3.||1% Lists Carolinas||1% |
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Charlotte, NC
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Charlotte Home Zone
🧧 COST EFFECTIVE PACKAGES
Charlotte Home Zone
Charlotte Home Zone is a local discount real estate broker in the city. They offer a range of dynamic seller programs to choose from. For those looking to buy a home, they also offer buyer agent services.
Charlotte Home Zone for Home Sellers
- Sell for 1 Percent: This is a full service package. Apart from listing your home for 1 percent, the firm offers exposure to websites like Realtor.com and Zillow, open houses, and contract negotiations. Please note that they charge an additional marketing fee of $450 for houses listed for or below $750,000 and $650 for those listed above $750,000.
- Single Property Website: Charlotte Home Zone creates a personal website for all their listed properties. It includes a virtual tour and professional photos.
- What’s My Home Worth: They offer an in-depth home valuation report that also suggests changes to maximize the listing price of the property.
Charlotte Home Zone for Home Buyers
- Sell My Home For Free: Buyers who have bought a house from Charlotte Home Zone are not charged any seller agent commission if they also list their house through the firm.
👉 Our Take: Charlotte Home Zone is a little technologically outdated as compared to Houzeo.com, which is 100% online. Moreover, buyers will only receive benefits if they also list a house with Charlotte Home Zone.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Charlotte, NC, Services: Sell your home with Flat Fee MLS instead!
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Single property webiste
- Professional HD photographs
- Comparative market analysis
- Scheduling time appointment center for scheduling and feedback
- Contract negotiations
Charlotte Home Zone offers its services in Charlotte, NC.
3. 1% Lists Carolinas
💵 COST EFFECTIVE
1% Lists Carolinas
1% Lists Carolinas is a discount real estate brokerage firm. They offer full service in a 1 percent commission without any additional or hidden fee
1% Lists Carolinas for Home Sellers
- Full Service: This includes the paperwork, contract negotiation, property measurements, photography, inspection, and closing coordination, to name a few.
- Social Media Marketing: They leverage social media marketing by identifying and tracking buyers, and targeting with video ads.
1% Lists Carolinas for Home Buyers
- Buyer Agents: 1% Lists Carolinas offers buyer agent services to those looking to buy a house.
👉 Our Take: 1% Lists Carolinas can be cost effective for sellers. However, they do not offer any benefits for buyers. With Houzeo.com, buyers can directly connect with the sellers, thereby lowering closing costs.
» How to Sell a House By Owner in North Carolina: Ways to sell as an FSBO in Charlotte, NC
- Exposure to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and more
- Professional photography
- Targeted social media marketing
- Showing management
- Contract negotiation
No credible reviews were found.
1% Lists Carolinas offers its services in Charlotte Metro, Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill.
💻 GOOD TECHNOLOGY | GREAT SERVICES
Redfin is known for its technology when compared with other realtors with low commission. They have a great user interface with features like Redfin home search and a platform to provide full-service brokerage.
Redfin for Home Sellers
- Packages: Redfin offers 4 different packages with a range of services to sellers. However, it must be noted that all plans also have varying seller agent commissions. For instance, the listing commission of the “Full Service” plan is 1.5 percent, while for the “Concierge” plan, it is 2 percent of the sale price.
- Add-on services: These add-on services include a real estate photographer, home search tool, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more.
- Sales Proceeds Calculator: With this feature, the seller can calculate the sales proceeds they will receive by entering an estimate of the sale price, outstanding mortgage, and the property’s location.
Redfin for Home Buyers
- Frequent Listings Update: Redfin claims that they update their listings every 5 mins. This may give the buyers prompt access to more listings, increasing options.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate as “Redfin Refund” in certain states. However, the buyer is eligible for the refund only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6500.
👉 Our Take: Redfin agents may not be able to give personalized attention due to a high volume of clients. Additionally, it takes almost 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS, according to Redfin’s listing agreement, while Houzeo.com lists it in 8 business hours.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Holistic services
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Average customer service
- Limited agent selection (according to negative redfin reviews)
Redfin has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs, Yelp, and Google.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets giving it a near-nationwide coverage.
💹 TOP RISING
Founded in 2011, Trelora has quickly risen to the ranks to become a well-regarded real estate discount brokerage. The firm has built a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
Trelora for Home Sellers
- Low Commissions: Trelora charges home sellers 1.5% of the listing price as the commission. This is much lower than the real estate industry standard.
- Technology: Their propriety software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and simple, though not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
Trelora for Home Buyers
- Buyer’s Refunds: Working with Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $3000.
- No Upfront Costs: Buyers do not have to pay Trelora any upfront fee.
👉 Our Take: Trelora assigns a team of real estate professionals to handle a single client. This can lead to a less personalized experience and miscommunication. With Houzeo.com, all your information is available on your dashboard. Moreover, Houzeo.com has a proven track record of customer service and less turn-around-time.
» Trelora Reviews: Here is everything you need to know about Trelora.
- Commission rebate for buyers
- Average service due to low number of agents
- Restricted coverage
- Poor customer support
- Average technology
Trelora has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Zillow.
Trelora realty offers services across seven states in the USA, including AZ, CO, GA, MO, NC, SC, and WA.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers get discount only on the seller agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”, but in reality they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional real estate brokers. Some flat rate or low commission realtors offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they include all the features required to sell your property.
There are 3 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in Charlotte, NC, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Charlotte, NC
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at the end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Redfin|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step, right from listing to negotiation, is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker in Charlotte Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Charlotte, NC.
|Traditional Agent |
» Seller Closing Costs In North Carolina: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs!
Similarly, approaching a discount real estate agent in Charlotte, NC, who offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs In North Carolina: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs!
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$399||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$449||Plus 0.75% due at Closing. Virtual Full-Service that includes everything you require to sell the property, unlimited term and changes included!|
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount realtors in Charlotte do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
Charlotte is the second-largest financial hub and one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the US. These, along with a lucrative job market and quality of life, made the city one of the hottest real estate markets in America in 2021. Even in the current cool state of the market, house prices are predicted to rise by 5.6%. By choosing the right discount real estate agent in Charlotte, NC, you can make the most of this while saving a considerable amount.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offers 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell their property in Charlotte without paying high commissions.
» Best Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Charlotte, NC: Top 5!
» Good Realtors in Charlotte: If you want to try full-service Realtors instead of discount Realtors, we have the top 3 options for you!
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions About Discount Realtors in Charlotte, NC
What is Realtor commission in NC?
The average Realtor commission in North Carolina is 5.6%.
Who pays transfer taxes in North Carolina?
Typically, the seller pays transfer taxes in North Carolina, which is $1 per $500. If a house is sold for $300,000, the transfer tax levied will be $600.
Are home prices dropping in Charlotte, NC?
Since the peak in 2021, the home prices in Chralotte, NC, have declined by 12.4%.
Related: realtor nc, low commission realtor, low fee real estate brokerage, discount real estate brokerages, 1 percent commission realtor, discount brokers real estate, low cost realtors near me, real estate companies in north carolina , real estate discount brokers, what is homelightUncategorized