» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Final Word | Frequently Asked Questions
Since last year, the home values in St. Louis, Missouri have increased by 12.1% on average. Opting for discount real estate brokers in St. Louis, MO, can help save on real estate commissions, making both buying and selling more economical.
Here are some of the best or low cost Realtors in St. Louis.
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in St. Louis, MO
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in St. Louis, MO
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Johnson Realty
Why Johnson Realty is #2: Johnson Realty is a full-service discount realty that helps sellers to list their property at a fair price with great savings. They consistently featured in the St. Louis Business Journal’s list of ‘ TOP 25 High Producing Agents’ from 2007-2017.
Johnson Realty for Home Sellers
- Discounted Plan: Johnson Realty charges a commission of $500 upfront + 0.5% of 1% of the selling price at closing. This includes MLS listing, on-site and Comparative Market Analysis, exposure to websites like Zillow and Trulia, and contract negotiations.
- Agent Management: An outside agent from a different company will be involved in the showings. Any feedback during the showing will be conveyed via the Showing Time App.
- Additional Fee: The firm also offers services like supra lockbox, professional photographs, and holding public and agent open houses. However, they charge additional fees for these services. Please note that most low commission real estate agents include these services in their packages.
Johnson Realty for Home Buyers
- Premiere Listing Package: Johnson Realty waives off 0.34% of the listing fee for those buyers who also list their houses with them.
- Pre-qualified Loans: They help buyers get pre-qualified for home loans.
- Negotiating Contracts: Their buyer services include writing offers and contract negotiations.
👉 Our Take: Johnson Realty does not offer any benefits to buyers unless they also list their house through the firm. Buying a house directly from the seller on Houzeo.com can lower the closing costs for the buyer, saving them money!
» Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out the top national discount real estate brokers for your home sale!
- A unique plan includes a $500 flat rate + 0.5% of 1% of the sale price.
- Get listed on popular real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Redfin.
- A durable metal sign.
- Guidance to host open houses.
- Besides an agent from Johnson Realty, another outside agent will be involved in the process which may not be very appealing.
No credible reviews were found.
Johnson Realty offers its services in Missouri and Illinois.
3. Sunshine Realty
Why Sunshine Realty is #3: Sunshine Realty is a full service discount realtor in St. Louis. They were one of the highest-selling realtors in St. Louis from 2015-2018, according to the St. Louis Business Journal. Additionally, they received the Five Star Real Estate Award for their customer service from 2014 – 2021, as per St. Louis Magazine.
Sunshine Realty for Home Sellers
- Discounted Plan: Sunshine Realty charges an upfront fee of $399 + 0.5 % at closing. Including the buyer’s agent commission, the sellers end up paying a 3% commission in addition to $399.
- Services: The commission charged by Sunshine Realty includes services like listing, showings, contract negotiation, and inspection, to name a few.
- Buyer Agent Commission: If the seller finds the buyer, they don’t have to pay the buyer agent commission.
Sunshine Realty for Home Buyers
- Buyer Agent: Like with most other real estate brokers, the buyer does not have to pay the buyer agent commission as it is typically paid by the seller. There are no special benefits for buyers.
👉 Our Take: Sunshine Realty can help sellers save a considerable amount on commissions. However, with Houzeo.com’s flat fee packages, sellers can save even more.
» Best Flat Fee MLS St. Louis Listing Services: Sell your home with a Flat Fee MLS Listing Service instead!
- MLS Listing
- Exposure to Realtor.com and other 60+ websites
- Agent Showings
- Contract and inspection negotiation
- Assistance with closing and relevant paperwork
Sunshine Realty has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5.o on Google Reviews and Zillow.
Sunshine Realty offers its services in St. Louis and St. Charles, Missouri.
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: It is not legal to offer buyer rebates in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Tennessee.
💻 GOOD TECHNOLOGY | GREAT SERVICES
Redfin is known for its technology when compared with other realtors with low commission. They have a great user interface with features like Redfin home search and a platform to provide full-service brokerage.
Redfin for Home Sellers
- Packages: Redfin offers 4 different packages with a range of services to sellers. However, it must be noted that all plans also have varying seller agent commissions. For instance, the listing commission of the “Full Service” plan is 1.5 percent, while for the “Concierge” plan, it is 2 percent of the sale price.
- Add-on services: These add-on services include a real estate photographer, home search tool, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more.
- Sales Proceeds Calculator: With this feature, the seller can calculate the sales proceeds they will receive by entering an estimate of the sale price, outstanding mortgage, and the property’s location.
Redfin for Home Buyers
- Frequent Listings Update: Redfin claims that they update their listings every 5 mins. This may give the buyers prompt access to more listings, increasing options.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate as “Redfin Refund” in certain states. However, the buyer is eligible for the refund only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6500.
👉 Our Take: Redfin agents may not be able to give personalized attention due to a high volume of clients. Additionally, it takes almost 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS, according to Redfin’s listing agreement, while Houzeo.com lists it in 8 business hours.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Holistic services
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Average customer service
- Limited agent selection (according to negative redfin reviews)
Redfin has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs, Yelp, and Google.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets giving it a near-nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional real estate brokers. Some flat rate or low commission realtors offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they include all the features required to sell your property.
There are 3 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in St. Louis, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in St. Louis, MO
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at the end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Redfin|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step, right from listing to negotiation, is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in St. Louis.
|Traditional Agent |
Approaching a discount realty in St. Louis, Missouri, can also be beneficial for you if you are a buyer. Since the seller has to pay a lower sum in commission, they may reduce the overall price of the house, making the property that much inexpensive to buy for you.
» Seller Closing Costs in Missouri and Buyer Closing Costs in Missouri: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs!
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||Plus $395 at closing. 6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$549||Plus $395 at closing. 6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$599||Plus $395 at closing. Virtual Full-Service that includes everything you require to sell the property with unlimited term and changes!|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount realtors in St. Louis do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
How Do I Locate Discount Realtors Near Me?
Click and find out about discount real estate companies and brokers near you.
If you are looking to buy a house in St. Louis, this is an optimal time to do that because the housing market in America is cooling down. Consequently, house prices are lowering.
Even though the market is cooling down, this can be a good time to sell your home in St. Louis as there is a higher demand for houses than the supply. Since last year, the number of listings has reduced by 7.7%. This can give you an edge over competitors who may have backed out, and you can sell at a comparatively higher price. Moreover, by opting for discount real estate brokers in St. Louis, you can increase the final amount you receive manifold.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offers 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Additionally, Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell their property in St. Louis without paying high commissions.
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
» How To Sell A House By Owner In Missouri: A Step-by-Step Guide!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is St. Louis a buyers' or sellers' market?
St. Louis is a seller's market as there are more buyers in the housing market than sellers.
Is St. Louis a good place to invest?
Yes. Buying a house in St. Louis for investment purposes can result in a healthy return owing to the increase in jobs and population in the city.
How much are closing costs in Missouri for buyer?
Typically, buyers pay 2%-5% of the purchase price of the home as closing costs in Missouri.
Related: real estate agents in Missouri, realtors in Missouri, low cost realtor, discount realtors in St Louis, selling a house as is in st louis, mo, discount brokers real estate, homelight real estateUncategorized