» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | Discount Brokers to Avoid | Everything to Know about Discount Real Estate Brokers in Greenville, SC | Ways to get Discounted Realtor Fees | Alternatives | Why Discount Brokers? | How Houzeo Works | Final Word | FAQs
Compared to last year, the number of houses sold in Greenville, South Carolina dropped by 18.9% in July 2022. In this somewhat competitive market, finding the right discount real estate broker in Greenville can help you save thousands of dollars in commissions and make your sale hassle-free.
Rankings: Top Discount Real Estate Companies & Brokers in Greenville, SC
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||1% Lists Carolinas||1%|
|3.||Flat Fee Realty||1% Commissions|
or $3000 flat fee
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Companies & Brokers in Greenville, SC
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo is an online tech company that offers real estate solutions. It provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Homesellers
- Affordable Flat Fee: Houzeo’s plans are typically a small flat fee. This will save you thousands. If your buyer is unrepresented, you also save the buyer agent commission.
- Listings on MLS: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites. Houzeo also has nifty social media sharing tools. No other platform gives you this much exposure.
- Fully Virtual Service: Houzeo is 100% online. Listing is easy and changes are fast. So you can focus on what is most important – your sale.
Houzeo for Homebuyers
- Access to Listings without Agents: Houzeo lets buyers get access to all the nearby listings on MLS without working with an agent.
- Closing Costs Calculator: Houzeo’s unique Closing Costs Calculator lets buyers get an accurate final cost at the end of the buying process.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. 1 Percent Lists Carolinas
🌳 LOCAL EXPERTS
1 Percent Lists Carolinas
Why 1 Percent Lists Carolinas is #2?
1 Percent Lists Carolinas is a discount real estate brokerage based in North Carolina. Their low commissions model along with their services is what makes them stand out.
1 Percent Lists Carolinas for Home Sellers
- Low Commissions: The brokerage charges a seller commission of 1%. This is significantly lower than the national average of 3%.
- Maximum Exposure: Apart from listing your house on the MLS, Realtor.com, Zillow, and other real estate platforms, 1 Percent Lists markets your house also on social media and local magazines.
- Full Service: Being a full brokerage, 1 Percent Lists will handle all your seller responsibilities.
1 Percent Lists Carolinas for Home Buyers
- Map Search: The brokerage offers a map search feature that home buyers can use to look for new listings near them.
👉 Our Take: 1 Percent Lists Carolinas offers a good deal to its home sellers with its low commission model and extensive services. They do not offer significant benefits to home buyers though.
» Selling a house in America: Click here to find everything you need to know about selling a house in America.
- 1% Seller Agent Commissions
- Listing on the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, and other real estate platforms.
- Social Media and Magazine Marketing
- Professional Photography
- Contract Negotiations
- Electronic Documents transfer
- Bluetooth Lockboxes
- Map Search feature
1 Percent Lists Carolinas has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
1 Percent Lists Carolinas offers its services to most of North Carolina.
3. Flat Fee Realty
🪙 FLAT FEE
Flat Fee Realty
Why Flat Fee Realty is #3?
Flat Fee Realty is a low commission real estate brokerage. Apart from selling and buying services, they also help build houses and relocate.
Flat Fee Realty for Home Sellers:
- Minimum Commission: Flat Fee Realty offers most services offered by a traditional real estate agent at a discounted commission of 1% of the sales price or a minimum commission of $3,000.
- No Upfront Fee: The firm does not charge any upfront fee for its services.
- No Open House: Unlike most discount real estate brokerages, they do not organize open houses.
Flat Fee Realty for Home Buyers:
- Buyer Agent Services: Flat Fee Realty offers traditional buyer agent services that are free. They do not provide benefits like buyer rebates. Offering incentives, like buyer rebates, is legal in North Carolina.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Realty can be a good option for sellers whose homes are priced above $300,000. However, they do not offer any significant benefits for buyers.
» Selling A House AS IS In North Carolina: Here’s How To Do It
- MLS listing
- Exposure to Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, and other real estate websites
- Scheduling showings
- Feedback monitoring
- Contract negotiation
- Closing assistance
- Verifying mortgage approval
Not enough credible reviews were found.
Flat Fee Realty offers its services all over North Carolina.
GOOD ADD-ON FEATURES
Trelora offers two listing packages for sellers.
- Trelora EasySell – $2,500: This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app where sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service – 1.5% Commission: This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1.5% of the listing price.
Coverage: Trelora offers services only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trelora EasySell for the use of the mobile app which ensures an easier process.
Trelora was founded in 2011, it is a well-regarded low commission real estate brokerage. The firm has a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
- Good Add-On Features: They offer add-on features like listing consultation, professional photography, and negotiation assistance.
- Good Technology: Their software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and straightforward, though not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
- Buyer’s Refund: With Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $3,000.
Trelora has drawbacks you should know about before you venture with them.
- Multiple Agents Assistance: Trelora agents handle multiple clients to save on operating costs. Different low-cost real estate agents assist you at every sale stage leading to miscommunication.
- Poor Customer Support: Customers who have worked with them previously have complained about poor customer service quality.
Trelora has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 132 reviews on Yelp.
» Trelora Reviews: Check out the customer reviews that can help you know more about Trelora.
📱 GOOD TECHNOLOGY
Redfin is one of the biggest real estate companies in the country, known primarily for its technological features, which are far better than a lot of national discount brokerages, and their low commission rates.
Redfin for Homesellers
- Low Commissions: As a seller, you will have to pay a listing commission of merely 1.5%. This is lower than the general rate of commission in the market and therefore would make for considerable savings in your final profits.
- Online Tools: Redfin provides online tools that surpass most discount real estate companies. Its easy-to-use mobile app and 3D walkthrough feature are a step forward in the world of real estate.
- Digital Marketing: Redfin also excels at marketing homes for sellers online. It spreads the word on your home by partaking in email campaigns, social media ads, and premium placements, ensuring a speedy sale.
Redfin for Homebuyers
- Buyer Rebates: As a homebuyer you will avail yourself rebates on commissions that get contributed to clearing your closing costs, ensuring substantial savings.
- Speedy Notifications: Redfin’s mobile app lets homebuyers get quick updates on the most recent listings nearby. It claims to provide notifications on these listings in as little as 10 minutes of the property going online.
- Redfin Recommendations: Redfin makes the process of buying simpler by recommending required stakeholders such as money lenders and home inspectors. This makes the process streamlined and hassle-free.
👉Our Take: Redfin is a good option if you are looking for nationwide discount real estate companies with ease of accessibility. Although it does provide lower commissions, they are still higher than other low-cost real estate brokers, something that should be taken noted. Their agents also have the added pressure of handling multiple clients at a given time (partly due to their low commissions model), thus making their approach less personalized.
» Redfin Review: Click here to find all you need to know about Redfin.
- A tech-first company
- Good user interface
- Detailed paperwork
- Range of services for all types of properties
- Full-service brokerage
- Average customer service
Redfin has a rating of 4 out of 5 on Yelp.
Redfin covers 80+ Markets in the country.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”, but in reality they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors in Greenville, SC. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
Everything You Should Know About Selling with Discount Real Estate Brokers in Greenville, SC
What are Discount/ Low Commission Real Estate Brokers & Companies?
Discount real estate brokers or low commission real estate brokers are top real estate agents in Greenville that provide specific services for a discounted fee. Instead of charging the seller standard agent commission of 3% (listing agent commission), low-cost Greenville realtors will work for less (such as a 1%-2% commission or a pre-defined flat fee) and provide restricted services. The reduced fee can easily save sellers a good amount of money.
A discount realtor in Greenville, SC typically offers the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Greenville
There are four types of low-commission real estate agents:
1. Flat Fee MLS Brokers
A flat fee MLS listing company or service is nothing but a registered flat fee realtor in Greenville with a low commission or discounted broker/that lists your home on the MLS for an upfront flat fee.
The seller and the broker agree on a la carte services, and the broker takes a flat fee instead of a percentage of the home’s sale price. Say you want to sell a $500,000 home. A traditional agent will charge you between 2% and 3% of the sale price. That’s 15 grand!
With a flat-fee MLS Listing in Greenville pay an average of $300, which includes listing and marketing. Even if you choose to add services like pricing and buyer negotiations, you will still save money.
» Greenville, SC Flat Fee MLS: Click here to find all about the top flat fee MLS services in Greenville
2. Virtual Full-Service Agents
Think of everything a traditional agent does, from listing your property, marketing it, pricing it, negotiating with buyers, and closing it.
An online discount broker- full service does all that – online. Because of their cloud-based presence, they have many advantages such as lesser fees, discounted commissions, and much better management and marketing support. Many MLS listing companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online.
3. Flat Rate Low Commission
You can choose a low commission (flat-rate) agent in some markets. For a flat fee of $3,000 to $6,000, the agent will sell your home. The flat rate is usually based on how much the house is worth and how well the agent does their job. In this case, there is no percentage listing fee. Everything has a fixed price. Homie is one of the best examples of a real estate broker with a flat rate listing of $3500 and a low commission rate. Since Homie doesn’t offer as many services as full-service flat fee real estate brokers in Greenville, it can easily make up for the lower prices it charges.
Think about the following situation: The price on the list is $450,000. With a flat-rate model, the agent’s commission fee stays the same no matter what happens, even if you agree to sell your home for less money. This is because it is a flat rate that doesn’t depend on how much the house is sold.
Before you hire a real estate agent in Greenville you should find out what kind of service you can expect from the company. Make sure you’ve read the contract all the way through before you sign it. Some services, like consultation, professional photography, yard signs, and other marketing materials might be included in the flat fee, but this is not guaranteed.
So, if you don’t include them in your budget, you may have to pay a lot of money out of your own pocket. Any contract with a flat-fee agent needs to be read carefully, especially the small print. Also, keep in mind that even if you use a flat-rate agent, you will still have to pay the buyer’s agent fees, which will be between 2.5 and 3 percent.
4. Discounted Commission Full-Service Real Estate Agents
Full-service discount brokers offer many of the same services as traditional realtors for a low listing fee or flat rate, but they don’t charge as much. When a house is sold, they give the seller money back in the form of a discount on their commissions.
For example, if a full-service discount broker charges 1.5 percent of the sale price instead of the standard 2.5 percent of the sale price on a $450,000 house, you will save $4,500 in commissions. There are many discount real estate brokers, but they are not all the same.
Some have a lot more value and a lot less risk than others. But in most businesses, you have to take what you can get. All of these things could happen if there aren’t many services, if there’s less support, if agents don’t have much experience, and if there’s not much to choose from.
👍 BETTER IN ALL – AGENTS, SERVICES & SAVINGS!
Why pay a higher commission for a lower service? With Houzeo you can get better services at an affordable price!!
- 👩💼Qualified and Reputed Agents
- 💰You list your home at a very reasonable price within 24 hours
- 📣 Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- ⭐ 5-Star Customer Support
- ❌ You can cancel anytime with no obligation
4 More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Are you a good negotiator? In fact, commissions in Greenville real estate can be negotiated. Even if the company is a flat-rate discounter, you can always ask for a few minor tweaks. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how.
Average Area Commission
Know your leverage before negotiating. For example, the real estate commission in South Carolina is 5.63%, which is slightly higher than the national average of 5.37%. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible but once you know your reference point, negotiations can get a lot more reasonable.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount brokerage or company to buy and sell has its own set of advantages. It makes you more likely to be repeat customers, giving you more chances to get refunds and cheaper commissions. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company.
Pick the right type of Discount Broker
For example, picking a flat rate discount broker may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will wind up losing more, instead, for maximum savings, you can pick a flat fee MLS company.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee.
» Seller Closing Costs in South Carolina: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs.
How to choose a Low commission/ Discount Real Estate Broker, Brokerage, or Company?
To find discount real estate brokers in Greenville, SC look for a low-commission brand. Check for services and top companies. You will be assigned a low-commission real estate agent based on brokerage policies. As a seller, you can choose the right broker. Then you can use the chosen broker.
Alternatives to Discount/Low Commission Real Estate Agents
A traditional agent assists you in buying, selling, renting, and all other aspects of real estate. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Let’s get down to business with their commissions. The average overall commission fee for selling a house in South Carolina is around 5%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes on a regular basis and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in the sale and marketing of their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs which can potentially total up to a staggering 17%!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» Best companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Greenville: Here is Houzeo’s definitive guide!
For Sale By Owner
As the term indicates, a for sale by owner property is one that is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly. FSBO is ideal for sellers with some experience with the selling process and marketing. The best way to FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents all throughout the country, allowing it to sell faster and with the most exposure possible.
» How to Sell a House By Owner in South Carolina: Find all about selling a house by yourself in South Carolina
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or flat fee realtor in Greenville will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that the seller closing costs in South Carolina are anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Greenville, SC.
|Traditional Agent |
Approaching a discount realty can also be beneficial for you if you are a buyer. This is because, if the seller pays a lower sum in commission, the overall price of the house reduces, making the property that much more inexpensive to buy for you.
» Buyer Closing Costs in South Carolina: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||Plus $395 at closing. 6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$549||Plus $395 at closing. 6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$599||Plus $395 at closing. Virtual Full-Service that includes everything you require to sell the property with unlimited term and changes!|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Let’s Find Out How Houzeo Works
Real estate bargain brokers fall midway between a for-sale-by-owner and a full-service agency. With MLS listing packages starting at $349 and cutting-edge technology that allows you to manage your property, review offers, counter, and manage showings online and via their mobile app, Houzeo delivers the best of both worlds.
Check out the following video to understand: What is Houzeo? How does it work? And, why it is the best FSBO & Flat Fee MLS platform out there?
There are a number of low-cost discount real estate brokers in Greenville, SC today that provide unique features at a great value. For a seller, it is recommended to look for pointers like listing fees, listing time, services offered, customer service, coverage, and technology before selecting a Greenville discount realtor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lowest a realtor will charge as commissions in Greenville, SC?
Discount Real Estate Brokers in Greenville, SC can charge as low as 1%. With a flat fee service, you can save even more if the valuation of your home is high.
Who pays the closing costs in South Carolina?
Generally, the buyer and the seller share the responsibility of paying the closing costs in South Carolina.
Can you negotiate prices with real estate brokers in Greenville, SC?
There are no laws in the U.S. that set the real estate broker commissions in stone. So, you can of course try negotiating with them!
Related: seller disclosure in South Carolina, real estate services, home buyers, discount real estate, full service, sales price, home sellers, fixed fee real estate brokers, flat fee real estate brokers, flat rate real estate brokers, fixed rate real estate brokers, discounted real estate brokers, is homelight legitUncategorized