From West Greenville to Haywood Road, home sellers across Greenville dread the 6% real estate agent commission. The best discount real estate brokers use cutting-edge technology and stellar customer service making it easy to sell your home.
👉🏻 Key Takeaways
- Discount real estate brokers will help you list your home for 0.5% to 2% commission. Traditional listing brokers charge 2.5-3%.
- The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission, typically 2.5-3%.
- Discount real estate brokers will save you between $5,000 to $20,000 on average.
- Houzeo.com is America’s best discount real estate company. Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum exposure, commission savings, cutting-edge tech, and stellar customer service.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching discount real estate brokers and compiled our list of the best discount real estate brokers.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Greenville, SC
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||1% Lists Carolinas||1%|
|3.||Flat Fee Realty||1% Commissions|
or $3000 flat fee
Reviews: 5 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Greenville, SC
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $379+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 minutes.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
Houzeo.com is South Carolina’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
In South Carolina, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329. The Silver package is priced at $399, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
2. 1 Percent Lists CSRA
1 Percent Lists CSRA is a franchise of 1 Percent Lists and covers the SC-GA region. They use cutting-edge marketing strategies to save thousands of dollars for sellers.
- 1% Commission: The commission is charged upfront and there are no hidden charges. Their service package includes MLS Listing, showings, marketing, managing inspections and appraisals, dealing with paperwork, and handling negotiations.
👉 Our Take: 1% Lists CSRA can be a cost-effective option to get a full-service package. However, they have limited coverage and do not offer services to home buyers.
1 Percent CSRA offers the following advantages to sellers:
- Market Exposure: They give more market exposure to sellers by listing on the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, and other real estate platforms.
- Low-Cost Full Service: They offer the same real estate services as a standard realtor but at a fraction of the cost.
- Digital Marketing: Innovative marketing strategies that leverage social media platforms are their strength.
- Contract Negotiations: They negotiate with the buyer to get the best value for the seller’s property.
- Advanced Technology: Electronic documents transfer and bluetooth lockboxes show the company’s reliance on technology.
1 Percent Lists CSRA has certain limitations related to reach and credibility:
- Limited Coverage: They currently cover only Columbia County, Richmond County, and the Augusta area in the SC-GA region.
- Low Credibility: The company has less than 30 reviews on Google. It’s credibility cannot be ascertained on the basis of few reviews.
- No Buyer Support: 1 Percent Lists CSRA isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
1 Percent Lists CSRA has a 5-star rating from 29 reviews on Google.
1 Percent Lists CSRA is a discount real estate brokerage based in South Carolina and Georgia. Their low commission model along with the services is what makes them stand out.
However, their coverage is limited and so is their customer base.
3. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state. The listing agent also retains a small percentage of the buyer broker’s commission.
- Common services included in the flat fee package are a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: If you want to make changes to your listing photos, you must purchase upgrades separately. You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos. They do not offer any services to home buyers.
Flat Fee Realty is a decent option if you are looking for a low-cost real estate brokerage.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to the local MLS and other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Full Representation: Flat Fee Realty offers a full representation of your property to enable you to sell your home fast.
- Custom Home Search: You can save your home search preferences on their website. Later you can just view homes matching your description as they become available.
In our research, we have found some red flags associated with Flat Fee Realty.
- Low on Tech: Flat Fee Realty is not 100% online. Some of the processes are carried out manually. Your listing might get delayed.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- No Buyer Support: Flat Fee Realty isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
No credible reviews are found.
Flat Fee Realty covers 46 States across the U.S. In South Carolina, they charge a Flat Fee of $299 that covers listing fees and property photo uploads.
However, the listing agent retains 0.1% of the buyer broker’s commission. Also, there are no variations in the package or add-ons available.
Trelora is a full-service realty that offers services at discounted rates to home sellers. They strive to modernize home ownership through the use of technology.
For Home Sellers:
Trelora offers two listing packages for sellers:
- Trelora EasySell – $2,500: This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app where sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service – 1% Commission: This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1% of the sale price at closing.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: With Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $2,500 by bundling mortgage and title.
Coverage: Trelora offers services only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trelora EasySell for the use of the mobile app which ensures an easier process.
Trelora was founded in 2011, it is a well-regarded low commission real estate brokerage. The firm has a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
- Good Add-On Features: They offer add-on features like listing consultation, professional photography, and negotiation assistance.
- Good Technology: Their software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and straightforward. However, not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
» What is Trelora? Check this out before choosing them.
Trelora has drawbacks you should know about before you venture with them.
- Multiple Agents Assistance: Trelora agents handle multiple clients to save on operating costs. Different low-cost real estate agents assist you at every sale stage leading to miscommunication.
- Poor Customer Support: Customers who have worked with them previously have complained about poor customer service quality.
Trelora is a real estate website that puts home sellers, agents, and buyers under the same roof.
Their agents handle multiple clients at a time. This could lead to miscommunication and a lack of personalized support.
Redfin is a popular discount brokearge that helps you sell for only 1.5%. They also provide a 1% discounted listing fee for buying and selling with them.
Redfin for Home Sellers
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1% Commission (Buy & Sell): This is a full-service package. This includes premium placement on Redfin, professional photos, and a 3D walkthrough.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1% Commission (Buy & Sell): This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes coordinated e-mail campaigns, luxe mailers, and brochures.
Redfin For Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: If you sell first, Redfin initially charges a 1.5% listing fee. Later, they refund 0.5% if you buy your next home with them within a year.
👉Our Take: Redfin gives your property exposure and provides other services. But you can only enjoy these benefits if you use Redfin to buy and sell.
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
- Advanced Technology: They have a user-friendly website and provide a mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Detailed Marketing Plan: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and a marketing plan.
- Buyer Rebate: If you sell with Redfin for a 1.5% commission, you get a 0.5% rebate for buying another home within 365 days.
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- No Dedicated Service: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service.
- Mixed Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS.
- Limited Agent Selection: Based on customer reviews, Redfin has a limited selection of agents. This results in giving you fewer options to choose an agent.
Redfin connects you with real estate agents in your area by utilizing technology and market data. However, your savings are not guaranteed.
You need to buy a house through Redfin within a year to get back 0.5% of the listing fee. If you do not opt for that, you lose out on the refund.
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers in Greenville are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5% to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers in Greenville typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with a discount broker is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate Reviews: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers in South Carolina have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price.
For example, Homie offers a buyer rebate of 1% to 1.5%. A $400,000 house will save you a whopping $6,000!
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Greenville
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in South Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Greenville companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person South Carolina Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Charleston and other South Carolina markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Greenville.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Greenville make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Greenville and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much commission does a Realtor charge in South Carolina?
A Realtor in South Carolina generally makes around 6%.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in South Carolina?
Yes! Real estate commissions in South Carolina are negotiable.
Related: realtor discounts in greenville sc, discount brokerage real estate in greenville sc, discount real in greenville sc, discount real estate in greenville sc, discounted real estate brokers in greenville sc, cheap brokers in greenville sc, discount broker real estate in greenville sc, brokers with lowest fees in greenville sc, cheap real estate brokers in greenville sc, discount real estate companies in greenville sc, discount real estate services in greenville sc, real estate discount in greenville sc, realestate discount in greenville sc, compare discount brokers in greenville sc, discount brokerage companies in greenville sc, discount real estate commission in greenville sc, discount real estate listing in greenville sc, discount brokers online in greenville sc, discount realtor near me in greenville sc.