From Brookside Dr to Banner St home sellers across St. Charles dread the 6% real estate agent commission. The best discount real estate brokers use cutting-edge technology and stellar customer service making it easy to sell your home.
👉🏻 Key Takeaways
- Discount real estate brokers will help you list your home for 0.5% to 2% commission. Traditional listing brokers charge 2.5-3%.
- The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission, typically 2.5-3%.
- Discount real estate brokers will save you between $5,000 to $20,000 on average.
- Houzeo.com is America’s best discount real estate company. Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum exposure, commission savings, cutting-edge tech, and stellar customer service.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching discount real estate brokers and compiled our list of the best discount real estate brokers.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in St. Charles, MO
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
Reviews: 5 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in St. Charles
Houzeo is a top technology-driven real estate platform. It offers 4 different packages:
- Bronze Package ($399+): This package lets you list your house for 6 months. You can upload 24 house photos.
- Silver Package ($399+): List your home for six months and post maximum photos. Unlimited open houses and listing modifications are included in this package.
- Gold Package ($429+): This gives you all the benefits of the Silver package. It also allows you with advanced tech support.
- Platinum ($499+): This package offers virtual full-service support with a licensed broker. These brokers will assist you in negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo for all home sellers. The company has an excellent customer rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. It has extensive coverage across 47 states + DC, a feat achieved by only a handful of other services.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 minutes.
These are the key features that make Houzeo one of the top discount real estate brokers:
- Significant Commission Savings: In most states, you will pay just a small flat fee to list on MLS. On average, home sellers who used Houzeo saved $11,490.
- No Hidden Fees: All costs are disclosed upfront so you don’t have to worry about hidden charges.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo operates in 47 states and DC, with ongoing plans for expansion.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo packages give you access to renowned MLS companies.
- Advanced Technology: You eliminate the hassle of extensive paperwork. E-signature and online forms make house listing quick and easy.
- 5-star Customer Service: Dedicated customer support addresses your every concern easy.
- Mobile App: Houzeo’s mobile app lets you manage showing requests from verified buyers and buyer agents. You can either accept, reject, or reschedule showings at your convenience.
Houzeo.com is America’s #1 ranked Flat Fee service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze Package is priced at $99+, the Silver package is priced at $379+, and the Gold at $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing. Sellers can ask for the full-service Platinum package which costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
2. Johnson Realty
Johnson Realty is a full-service discount brokerage. It helps sellers to list their property at a fair price with great savings.
- The Johnson Plan ($500 Initial fee + Half of 1% at Closing): You need to pay the upfront charge of $5oo to list your house. Lockbox and professional photographs are offered at an additional cost of $120 and $50 respectively. At the time of closing, you pay Johnson Realty half of 1% of the home sale value.
👉 Our Take: Johnson Realty provides services like market analysis, MLS listing, showings, etc. It charges you a fee apart from the initial charge of $500. You may end up paying a higher amount at the time of closing compared to another discount brokerage.
Johnson Realty offers the following advantages:
- Unique Plan: Johnson Realty’s pricing plan includes a$500 flat rate + 0.5% of 1% of the sale price.
- Modern Technology: Their technology allows you to keep the real transaction transparent. The contract between you and the agent is also signed digitally.
- Market Exposure: Your home will be featured on several real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Agent Assistance: Johnson Realty’s licensed consulting team will help you execute your transaction through closing.
Johnson Realty offers a major disadvantage:
- Outside Agent Involvement: A third-party agent schedules the MLS showings. There might be inconsistencies in the quality of these agents.
No credible sources were found to provide the reviews.
Johnson Realty is one of Illinois’ highest-selling brokers. You can avail yourself of an extra discount if you sell your home and buy a new one with them. An outside agent from another company will schedule the showing through the MLS.
There may be discrepancies in the quality of these agents.
3. Sunshine Realty
Sunshine Realty is a full-service discount realtor in Missouri. They offer services to home sellers and buyers.
- $399 Upfront Fee (+1/2 of 1% (.5%) at closing): It includes online marketing, professional photos, MLS listing, negotiations, and paperwork.
👉 Our Take: Sunshine Realty only has three full-time employees and one part-time employee. This may lead to a lack of personal assistance to you.
Sunshine Realty offers the following advantages:
- Market Exposure: They have good market exposure. They offer listing on Realtor.com and other 60+ websites.
- Detailed Paperwork: They provide complete assistance in negotiating, paperwork, and closing documents.
Sunshine Realty offers the following disadvantages:
- Lack of Communication: Customers have complained their agents were unreachable at times. This creates a lack of communication.
- Mobile App: They do not provide any mobile application service to their customers.
Sunshine Realty has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Google.
Sunshine Realty is one of the highest-selling realtors in Missouri from 2015-2018. They have a good market exposure, providing 60+ listing on Realtor.com and other 60+ websites.
However, customers have complained about lack of communication from their agents.
Redfin is the largest discount real estate company. It offers a single listing package for their buyers and sellers:
- Listing Price: Redfin charges a 1% listing fee if you buy and sell a house with them. It charges a 1.5% listing fee if you decide to just sell your house with Redfin.
👉Our Take: Redfin is a technology-based platform. It helps them to maintain transparency & manage the client’s database seamlessly. However, you may not get full attention due to their high customer volume.
» Is Redfin Legit? Please read our blog to know more.
Redfin offers the following advantages:
- Competitive Pricing: You pay a listing fee of 1% if you decide to buy & sell with Redfin.
- Updated Technology: Redfin provides a mobile app, 3D walkthrough, relevant filters, etc. This makes the real estate transaction seamless.
- Expert Team: The expert team members help you close the deal as quickly as possible.
- National Presence: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
» Redfin Pros and Cons: Read about the advantages and drawbacks before dealing with Redfin.
Redfin offers the following disadvantages:
- Pricing Inaccuracy: As per Redfin reviews, sellers have complained about not considering certain factors during valuation. These factors include a lot area, a gated compound, or a city location.
- Listing Time: As per Redfin’s agreement, it takes almost 15-18 days to verify the seller’s property and list their house.
- Customer Service: Due to high customer volume it lacks personal attention.
Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app. It covers 80+ markets in the US.
Redfin’s listing agreement states they will list your property on the MLS in 18 days. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
HomeLight has a network of thousands of successful real estate agents and brokers. It is an agent-matching tech-platform.
- Standard Commission: HomeLight is a free agent-matching platform. The agent you get through this platform will charge the standard commission of 2% to 3% for listing.
👉 Our Take: HomeLight provides decent agent-matching services. However, the standard listing commission means zero savings for you.
» HomeLight Reviews: The Truth You Need To Know
HomeLight offers a number of advantages to both sellers and buyers:
For Home Sellers:
- Free Agent Matching: The agent matching service from HomeLight is free for home sellers. HomeLight furnishes details of the best real estate agents in your neighborhood. Depending on the agent, the traditional 5% to 6% commission is charged.
- Estimators and Calculators: HomeLight offers Home Value Estimator, Best Time To Sell Calculator, Agent Commissions Calculator, and Net Proceeds Calculator to home sellers.
- HomeLight Simple Sale: HomeLight has a network of pre-approved buyers. If you want to sell your house fast, this option allows you to sell it to a cash buyer within 7 days.
For Home Buyers:
- Home Search Feature: Buyers can search for homes by city, zip code, or address.
- Estimators: HomeLight offers estimators like Home Affordability Calculator, Down Payment Calculator, and Closing Costs Calculator for home buyers.
In our research, we have found some red flags associated with HomeLight.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: The agents they assign may not work at your convenience. Even the listing speed will be based on the agent selected.
- Off-market Restriction: Registering on HomeLight will get you offers from agents instantly. Although the process is fast, only homes that are off-market are allowed.
HomeLight has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 from 237 reviews on Sitejabber.
HomeLight offers a range of services for buyers, sellers, and agents all under one roof. It claims to be a straightforward alternative to a DIY search for a real estate agent.
However, you may end up spending a lot more and the quality of agents and services would still be questionable.
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers in Missouri are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5 to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low-Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with discount real estate brokers is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers in Missouri have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price.
For example, Homie offers a buyer rebate of 1% to 1.5%. A $400,000 house will save you a whopping $6,000!
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in St. Charles
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in St. Charles.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Missouri companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Missouri Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in St. Charles markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Missouri.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Missouri make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in St. Charles and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Missouri: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Missouri: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lowest a realtor will charge as commissions in St. Charles, MO?
Discount Real Estate Brokers in St. Charles can charge as low as 1%. With a flat fee service you can save even more if the valuation of your home is high.
How much are closing costs in Missouri for buyers?
Typically, buyers pay 2%-5% of the purchase price of the home as closing costs in Missouri.
Can you negotiate prices with real estate brokers?
There are no laws in the U.S. that set the real estate broker commissions in stone. So, you can of course try negotiating with them!
Related: realtor discounts in st. charles, mo, discount brokerage real estate in st. charles, mo, discount brokers online in st. charles, mo, discount real estate in st. charles, mo, discount realtor near me in st. charles, mo, best discount real estate brokers in st. charles, mo, discount broker real estate in st. charles, mo, brokers with lowest fees in st. charles, mo, cheap real estate brokers in st. charles, mo, compare discount brokers in st. charles, mo, discount brokerage companies in st. charles, mo, discount real estate commission in st. charles, mo, discount real estate listing in st. charles