From Rockford to Marion, there are over 50,015 realtors in Illinois. With so many realtors, there are bound to be thousands of real estate companies.
We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching Illinois’ best real estate companies. Our ratings are specific to what you’re trying to accomplish.
Top Real Estate Companies In Illinois For:
- Selling Your Home: Sellers need maximum exposure for their listing, max commission savings, a 100% online experience, and 5-star customer support.
- Buying a Home: Buyers need a great agent to negotiate for them, maximum buyer rebate, and stellar customer support.
- Agents to Work in: Agents want the best commission splits, to earn equity in the company, a strong training program, and stellar tech and support.
Top 8 Real Estate Companies in Illinois
Let’s look at the top companies in Illinois for real estate in 2023.
3 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Sellers
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers: Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages for home sellers.
- Bronze Package – $99: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $379: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
- Add-ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lock boxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs only $49, but you can get it for free if you send us a selfie!
Mobile App: List your property, manage showings, and review & compare offers at your fingertips with Houzeo’s App!
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com.
Houzeo is Florida’s #1 real estate company because of 8 reasons:
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites.
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints.
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees.
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is Illinois’ #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers Illinois FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
» List My Home on MLS in Illinois: Want to list your IL house on the MLS? Get top dollar for your property by listing with Houzeo.
GLOBAL REAL ESTATE BRAND
RE/MAX is a network of franchised brokerages that are independently owned and operated. It has a global footprint with a presence in over 110 countries.
- Traditional Agents – 5% to 6% Commission: RE/MAX is a traditional brokerage. Normally, traditional agents charge an average commission of 5%-6% as they guide and assist you through the entire selling process.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX is a well-known real estate brokerage. However, each office is independently owned and operated, so the experience and the quality of service may vary by office.
» Top Real Estate Brokerages in the USA: Check out our list of top brokerages for 2023
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Personal Agent: RE/MAX agents guide you throughout your entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Extensive Marketing: Agents at RE/MAX use cutting-edge tools and implement multiple marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
The major dealbreaker of RE/MAX is
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has multiple customer complaints regarding timeline lapses and unresponsive customer service.
RE/MAX has a rating of 2.7 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020. They have a wide presence in Illinois.
However, customers have complained about delayed transactions and the unresponsive nature of the agents.
3. Dream Town Realty
🎯 LOCAL FOCUS
Dream Town Realty
Dream Town Realty is a local real estate brokerage providing services to home sellers and buyers in Chicago and neighboring areas.
- Traditional Brokerage Fees: Pricing is not disclosed on the website, so you might pay the standard 3%-6% commission.
👉 Our Take: Dream Town Realty has a widespread presence in and around Chicago. They offer home-sellers with services like 3-D home tours, and professional photography which are not typically provided by many real estate companies.
Here are highlights of Dream Town Realty:
- Setting a Price: DTR conducts a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of your property to ascertain the market price of your property. CMA is an effective way to set the price of your property in accordance with other properties in your area.
- Prepare Your Home: They offer services in home staging, professional photography, conducting 3-D home tours, and repairs and fixes in your home.
- Extensive Marketing: They use digital and traditional marketing techniques to ensure maximum market exposure to your property.
- Experienced Brokers: Dream Town Realty brokers have exceptional Chicago real estate market knowledge.
- Personalized Experienced: Dream Town Realty follows a “Boutique Model”, where your goals are analyzed and services are provided accordingly.
Here are some red flags of Dream Town Realty, that could make have an impact on your home-selling experience.
- No Mobile App: Unlike other real estate companies such as Houzeo which offers services at your fingertips, DTR lacks a mobile app.
- Average Customer Reviews: Previous customers have complained about the unprofessionalism of agents.
Dream Town Realty has a 4.3 out of 5 stars rating on Google Reviews (15 reviews).
Dream Town Realty is a brokerage firm, operating since 1998. They have a team of about 400 brokers across Illinois. They analyze your goal and offer personalized services.
However, many customers have reported poor service. Also, despite having an online presence they do not have any mobile application.
2 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Buyers
1. Coldwell Banker Realty
MOST SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in America. Owned by Anywhere Real Estate Inc., this full-service brokerage has over 3,000 offices in 49 countries and territories.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you pay nothing to avail services of Coldwell Banker.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are professional and committed to providing quality service to their customers.
Key features of Coldwell Banker:
- Experts in Negotiations: Coldwell Banker’s agents are skilled and have considerable experience in negotiating the best deal for you.
- Assistance in finding a lender: They help you find a local lender to get you pre-qualified for your desired home by determining whether you can afford to purchase the home.
- Home Searching: With access to the MLS and other tools, the agents narrow down the best home for you as per your wants, needs, and budget.
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure you have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
- Strong Agent Network: Owing to strong connections with other real estate agents, your agent can find you multiple potential property options.
Red flags of Coldwell Banker include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Several clients of Coldwell Banker have complained of a lack of trust in the agents they had dealt with.
- Lapses in Transactions: Customer complaints include delays in transactions, laid-back attitude, misrepresentations, and the unresponsiveness of agents.
Coldwell Banker is rated 3.0 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
It is the largest real estate company in the metro-east region of Illinois. With access to the MLS and other tools, the agents narrow down the best home for you as per your wants, needs, and budget.
However, you must consider the customer reviews before engaging them.
2. Baird & Warner
Best for residential real estate
Baird and Warner Real Estate, Inc.
Baird & Warner Real Estate is one of the largest family-owned real estate companies in Illinois, serving both buyers and sellers in Chicagoland.
- No Service Fee: Buyers do not have to pay any fees to avail services from Baird and Warner Real Estate.
👉 Our Take: Baird & Warner Real Estate has been helping home buyers in Illinois to purchase their dream home for the past 160 years.
» Real Estate Brokers in Illinois: Get to know about top brokers and brokerages.
Key Highlights of Baird & Warner are:
- Pre-approval: Key Mortgage, a lending partner of Baird and Warner, will help you determine whether you can afford your dream house. They offer loan programs and products to find you a suitable loan.
- Map Search: You can visually browse properties with the help of Map Search.
- HomeFinder Account: It’s a personalized account that has an array of customizable tools such as email property alerts, favorite properties, client care, and more to help you find your desired property.
- Negotiation Specialists: Agents at Baird & Warner are specialized in negotiating the best deal for you.
- Title Service Teams: Baird & Warner’s network of about 1,000 attorneys will work towards ensuring your property is free of liens.
- Excellent Local Coverage: Baird and Warner Real Estate is active in Chicagoland and neighboring areas. It has 29 offices across Illinois to cater to buyers.
One of the major deal breakers of Baird & Warner is:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Customers have complained about the laid-back attitude and unresponsiveness of agents.
Baird and Warner have a 2 out of 5 rating on Yelp.
Baird & Warner is one of the largest independent brokerages serving Chicago and neighboring areas. It has over 2,300 real estate brokers associated with it and about 29 sales offices.
From assistance in pre-approval to negotiations, Baird & Warner agents assist buyers from the start till the close. We suggest you conduct due diligence since the office locations vary
3 Best Real Estate Companies To Work For In Illinois
A real estate company employs licensed agents to represent local buyers and sellers. As a real estate agent, you must consider the following factors in a company you wish to work for – commissions, training programs, brand recognition, and technical support.
|Real Estate Company||Commission Split||Profit Share||Revenue Share||Agent Equity||Tech Support||Training Program|
|1. eXp Realty||80/20||❌||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|2. Keller Williams Realty||64/36||✅||❌||❌||✅||✅|
|3. Compass||Varies from agent to agent||❌||❌||❌||✅||✅|
1. eXp Realty
eXp Realty, a cloud-based platform is a booming real estate brokerage that has garnered a reputation for being a great workplace. It has a 4.3 rating out of 5 on Indeed.
- Commission Split: The agents keep 80% of the commission and 20% goes to eXp. After the agents hit the $16,000 cap in their anniversary year, they retain 100% of the commission.
- Revenue Share: eXp Realty’s Revenue Share Program lets agents earn a percentage from the revenue of the agents they’ve sponsored.
- Agent Equity: eXp agents are rewarded with shares of EXPI stock upon accomplishing specific goals.
- Training Program: eXp Realty runs the 2-week Fast Start training program for its new agents. This holistic curriculum has been rated a 4.8 out of 5 by agents who have completed the program.
- Technical Support: eXp Solutions offers agents cutting-edge tools to make the real estate transaction seamless.
▶️ The Rise of eXp Realty: Check out how eXp Realty is beating Compass and Keller Williams
2. Keller Williams Realty
Keller Williams Realty is one of the largest residential real estate firms in the US. It has opportunities for both new and experienced real estate agents. It has a 4.3 out of 5 rating on Indeed.
- Commission Split: From the commission, 64% goes to the agent, 30% goes to KW Market Center and 6% is to be paid by the agent as a franchise fee ($3,000 is the cap). Once an agent hits the cap, the commission goes entirely to the agent.
- Profit Share: KW’s Profit-Sharing Program lets agents earn a portion of the profit from the agent they’ve referred.
- Training Program: KW provides a training program that teaches agents the core principles of running a successful real estate business.
- Technical Support: KW Command is a CRM software that equips agents with the necessary tools to handle real estate transactions from start to close.
Compass is a licensed real estate brokerage that combines talent with innovative technology to handle real estate transactions. It has a 3.2 out of 5 rating on Indeed.
- Commission Split: The commission split for agents in Compass is unclear. It’s based on an agent’s discussion with Compass.
- Training Program: Compass Academy, an arm of Compass provides educational resources such as modules, and live sessions to train its agents.
- Technical Support: Compass provides agents with a comprehensive set of innovative tools such as Marketing Center, Compass CRM, Compass Markets, and more.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Company in Illinois?
For Home Sellers
Approximately 86% of homeowners opt for a real estate agent or broker when selling property in Illinois. This shows how critical it is to choose the most qualified agent for real estate transactions. Consider the following factors before you opt for an Illinois real estate company:
- Technology: Top companies provide dynamic tech support to their agents to market your property better. Opt for companies that offer quick digital transactions, paperless processes, offer showings, and more.
- Marketing Strategy: A marketing strategy can make or break your transaction. Good marketing strategy includes the use of yard signs, MLS listing, flyers, home staging, photography, open houses, and social media.
- Online Reviews: It’s essential to read reviews of agents associated with that company. You can find reviews from credible review platforms like Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Zillow reviews.
- Recommendations: Ask around if anyone knows of a real estate company that has sold their home successfully. In addition, you can also go through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
» Top Real Estate Agents: Here’s a list of top real estate agents in America!
For Home Buyers
86% of buyers purchased their homes through a real estate agent or broker. A buyer must consider the following points while browsing Illinois real estate companies:
- Rebate: A buyer’s rebate is when an agent gives you a percentage of their commission after the home sale. Agents do this to secure business with you. Some companies have fixed percentages on the rebate amount. Look for companies or brokerages which offer you buyers rebates.
- Resources: Many companies have tools like mortgage calculators, affordability calculators, closing cost calculators, email alerts, and virtual showings which help you in your home-buying journey.
- Agent Reviews: It’s necessary to read online reviews before you choose your agent. Try to get recommendations from family or friends if possible.
For Real Estate Agents
A real estate agent must consider the following points while choosing real estate companies in Illinois:
- Commission Model: Real estate agents and realtors work on commissions. When you sell a house, you split the profits with your broker. A broker charges varied commissions. Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.
- Commission Breakdown: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home where the average commission in your area is 6%. This 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. A 60/40 commission splits mean you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
- Training Modules: Most real estate companies provide training courses to their agents. Franchise companies like RE/MAX, Keller Williams, etc. offer programs to train agents in negotiation, marketing, body language, sales pitch, and lead generation.
- Tech Support: Top real estate companies equip their agents with the latest technology to keep them on par with the competition. Most companies have automated systems to help agents keep track of clients, leads, and emails.
- Marketing & Advertising: Real estate companies also provide agents with high-quality digital and print materials, custom graphics and ads, professional photography, and database management systems to ensure exposure to the customer’s property.
Before you choose a real estate company in Illinois, we suggest you conduct thorough research on the company. We are certain our blog will help you make a sound decision in finalizing the best real estate company, as per your criteria.
The basic requirement for a good real estate company is experienced & dedicated agents, maximum savings, tech savviness, and quick transactions. With Houzeo, you get all these factors on one single platform.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best real estate company in Illinois?
Houzeo is the best real estate company in Illinois. It offers sellers an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, 100% online experience, and listing exposure. s.
2. What are the best real estate companies for buyers in Illinois?
The best real estate companies for home buyers in Illinois are Coldwell Banker Realty and Baird & Warner. They offer home buyers various services and tools such as virtual showings, mortgage calculators, and more.
3. Which is the best real estate company to work for in Illinois?
The best real estate company to work for is eXp Realty. They offer satisfactory commission splits, revenue share, agent equity, a robust training program, and tech support.
4. What is the best time to sell in Illinois?
May and June are the best months to sell your home in Illinois. Check out how much you can save by selling a house by owner in Illinois in May-June.
5. What are the cheapest places to buy a home in Illinois?
Litchfield, a small city located between St. Louis and Springfield is considered to be the cheapest place to buy a house in Illinois.
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeoIllinois Real Estate Companies