The real estate market in Kentucky is currently very competitive. The home prices in the past year were up by 25% in the state. Every real estate company is in the race of being number one. In all this, it is obvious for sellers and buyers get confused about which company to go with. This guide will help you with the 5 best real estate companies in Kentucky you can consider for the sale of your home.
At a Glance: 5 Best Real Estate Companies in Kentucky
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|1. Houzeo||📱Most Advanced Tech||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (2,477 reviews)|
|2. Century 21||🏅 Brand Recognition||⭐⭐⭐ (236 reviews)|
|3. RE/MAX||✔️ Best Franchisee Network||⭐⭐⭐ (277 reviews)|
Reviews: 5 Best Real Estate Companies in Kentucky
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
🏡About: Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms. Century 21 has over 11,600 independent franchise real estate brokers working with over 122,000 real estate agents as of April 2021. Their international offices span over 80 countries.
For Home Sellers:
- Comparative Market Analysis: They perform a comparative market analysis to help determine your home’s value to realize the highest return on the sale of your home
- Greater Exposure: Your home will enjoy exposure to more buyers and agents with qualified buyers through their services.
- Trusted Agents: Your agent will assist you with the paperwork, negotiate on your behalf, make sure deadlines are met, and work with the escrow company
For Home Buyers:
- Perfect home: You can find a home in the neighbourhood where you want to live, one that fits your budget and meets your goals for features, quality and value
- Current market info: Have up-to-date market information that will allow you to make informed decisions
👉Our Take: As per customer reviews, real estate professionals associated with Century 21 Professional Group are responsive and experts in their subject matter. They are also known for their knowledge of the FL real »estate market and negotiation skills.
- Good Coverage
- Brand Recognition
- Professional real estate agents
- Good marketing exposure to the clients
- Delayed customer services
- Average ratings on reliable platforms
- Unhappy customers, high customer complaints
Century 21 has 3.5 ratings on consumer affairs, based on 204 reviews.
Century 21 operates in more than 80 countries including Arizona.
🏡About: Founded in 1973 in Denver, CO, RE/MAX (short for Real Estate Maximums) is the leading global real estate franchisor and a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings Inc. With millions of agents in 115+ countries & territories under its hood, RE/MAX is the world’s best franchise-operated real estate company.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: They have advanced marketing and digital strategies that can help drive more traffic to your listing. They offer cutting edge technology, comprehensive marketing strategies to help streamline the process.
- Online listing: Online listings feature information specific to each property and property images that gives potential buyers an instant preview.
For Home Buyers:
- Interactive Map Search: The map search available on the RE/MAX website helps view homes located in or near the area you desire and helps learn more about the communities you are interested in, including a breakdown of the local population, school ratings and more.
- Re/MAX agents: Their can help you to determine your buying power how much you can afford, how much you should put towards a down payment, and can walk you through loan options and other costs or fees associated with purchasing a home.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX (Real Estate Maximums) is a well-known real estate company in the world. RE/MAX, which has more than 125,000 agents across the country, was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
» Selling A House As Is: A Step-By-Step Guide for Home Sellers
- Brand recognition
- Good exposure to marketing ideas
- Professional and Knowledgeable real estate agents
- Nationwide coverage in the U.S. and other 100+ countries
- So many customer complaints
- Delayed services to consumers
- Average ratings on reliable platforms
RE/MAX is rated 3.6 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs, based on 79 ratings.
RE/MAX has nationwide coverage in the United States.
How to Choose the Right and Best Real Estate Agent or Company
For Home Sellers
When buying or selling a home, most homeowners use the services of a real estate agent or broker, making the selection of the most qualified agent critical to a successful real estate transaction.
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate broker or agent, inquire about their knowledge of the local market and your property type.|
|2. Marketing strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker has with other real estate professionals before making a decision.|
|3. Full-time Professional||Make certain to hire a professional who is available on a full-time basis.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a realtor will be able to guide you through the process of searching for and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Local realtors who work for themselves should not be dismissed. When compared to a larger real estate company, they may have more intimate knowledge of a community.|
In addition to the questions listed above, there are a number of other factors to consider when hiring a real estate agent or brokerage.
Readily Available Agents or Brokerage: Choose a brokerage that deals with customers as per their schedule because this helps with the flexibility of showing time, staging a home, scheduling showings, etc.
Offer Suggestions: Pools, screened-in porches, and other desirable features are known to attract buyers to the area. They will advise on which rooms or features to emphasize or de-emphasize.
Similarly, ask the agent if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.
Local Expert: Hire or retain a local expert. These real estate agents in Kentucky will also be aware of the typical selling and listing prices in the area.
Other than that, ask a local brokerage or your friends and family if they know anyone who has sold many homes or businesses there. Also, other ideas include looking through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
»Central Kentucky Home Staging: Read further to learn more.
For Home Buyers
In contrast, an inexperienced agent may make things more difficult for you (and your wallet) than they need to be during the home buying process.
There is a specific set of abilities that distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest when it comes time to buy a house. Is there a list of these abilities? Let’s find out
|Point to Remember||Description|
|1. Good Communication >||Look for an agent who is a good communicator and can answer all of your questions about the home-buying process.|
|2. Reliable Experience >||When interviewing real estate agents, be sure to not only inquire about the length of time they have been in the business of buying and selling homes, but also inquire about their specific experience.|
|3. Strong Local Market Knowledge >||Each market is unique. In order to navigate the nuances of your local market, you'll need a real estate agent who is familiar with local market trends and patterns. Choose a real estate agent who has a track record of quickly placing buyers in homes (and getting them a great deal, too).|
|4. Positive Reviews >||Online reviews are a great resource when choosing a realtor. Read as many reviews as you can before choosing a real estate agent, and look for past clients who have only positive things to say about their experiences.|
|5. Personal Rapport >||Ultimately, you want a realtor you like. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so choose someone you enjoy being around and who truly understands your needs.|
»Typical Closing Costs for Buyer in Kentucky: Read further to learn more.
For Real Estate Professionals
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working:
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working
1. Commission Split
Most realtors in Kentucky work on commission. You don’t get paid unless you sell. When you sell, you’ll split the profits with your broker. Real estate brokers in Kentucky charge various commissions. (Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.) While company culture, resources, market share, reputation, and support will all be important, you should choose a brokerage that offers you a commission split you can live with.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. And this 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. Then you must inform your broker. A 60/40 commission split means you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, the broker’s support and resources, and more. Also, understand the split and how you can increase your percentage over time. Remember that some brokerages now offer real estate agents a salary and benefits package, so you may want to shop around if this approach appeals to you.
Here is an example of a commission split between 5 companies:
|1. Keller Williams||70 / 30|
|2. RE/MAX||95/5, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 (capping system)|
|3. Century 21||50/50, 70/30, 8% franchise fee (capping system)|
|4. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
Before choosing a real estate broker, consider your work environment. How much coworker support do I need? Like other businesses, real estate brokerages develop a culture that guides their operations.
Are you looking for a family-oriented, small-town brokerage? Or do you prefer a big-box franchise brokerage that leaves you to your own devices? Is it a weekly get-together or a company caravan? The best way to learn about a company’s culture is to talk to employees or attend company events.
3. Reputation of the Company
Begin your research by performing a buyer-like Google search as you definitely want a brokerage with a solid market presence and a good reputation as you can rely on them to find leads if they have a large market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and the right broker can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate broker, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like RE/MAX and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized and based locally. Working for an independent broker gives you more freedom to run your business as you wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
For example, some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
Best Real Estate Companies to Work for in Kentucky
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s discuss the 5 best real estate companies to work for in Kentucky based on commissions, fees, training, brand recognition, and marketing efforts.
|1. RE/MAX||Customizing commission splits and desk fees for established agents|
|2. Coldwell Banker Realty||Marketing, lead generation, and other tools for tech-savvy agents|
|3. Century 21||Brokerage brand recognition is a priority for agents|
|5. HomeSmart International||Small real estate company with limited reach|
Sell Your Home In Kentucky With Houzeo
Top real estate agents have a pool of clients therefore working with the biggest real estate company has its pros and cons while trying to sell your home fast in Kentucky.
It is not necessary that a reputable brokerage may always provide excellent experience to the buyers and sellers. Generally realtors make a real estate company and are responsible for its popularity. That is why choosing the right realtor always makes a difference.
The other important aspect is the commission. Generally, the seller has to shell out 6% commission after the real estate transaction which is high. Many MLS Flat Fee KY companies have come up that provide similar services at a reduced cost.
With Houzeo, instead of paying the average listing rate of around 3% to the listing agent, you’ll only pay a flat fee which will save you not only thousands of dollars but also give you a great buying-selling experience.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$349||5%-6%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
▶️ Click Here: What American Home Sellers Have To Say About Houzeo?
What does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
Check out the following video for all the details you need:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
No matter how large a real estate company is if even one of the following criteria isn’t met, expect a poor review from a particular stakeholder: dedicated and knowledgeable agents, maximum savings, technological advancements, and a quick sell or buy.
It has been a lot of fun to see a lot of digitally-driven real estate companies open and grow much faster than the real estate brokerages offering In-person full service in the last few years! If you’re buying or selling a house in Kentucky, these so-called next-generation platforms use technology to help you through the process, making it easier for you.
People have long known that technology is changing the real estate industry. When used correctly, technology has the ability to give clients more valuable information, especially outside of the traditional way that people buy and sell homes.
Resources for Selling Your Kentucky Home
Flat Fee MLS listing has become most preferred option for home sellers. Kentucky Flat Fee MLS companies help you save thousands of dollars.
Are you finding it hard to understand the seller closing costs in Kentucky? Here’s our guide to making your house selling endeavor easier!
Eager to know about the best real estate websites in Kentcucky? Dive deep in this blog to get information about such top 5 websites.
How to sell your house fast in Kentucky? Here are the top companies that buy houses for cash in Kentucky. Check who is the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the current real estate market in Kentucky?
In September 2022, home prices in Kentucky were up 7.0% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $239,300.
How many houses do most realtors sell per year?
The average real estate agent handles 12 residential transaction sides per year, according to the NAR. This is true for both buying and selling. Some agents will sell far more, averaging 20-30 homes per year, whereas part-time agents will typically do 4-5 transactions per year.
What is the cheapest place to buy a home in Kentucky?
the cheapest place to live in Kentucky is Princeton, which is a small city in western Kentucky that is home to 6,116 people. The median home price in this city is $79,300, which is the second-lowest-cost of houses in the state.
- Selling inherited property Kentucky: Every state and county has its own Inheritance law to be followed. Find out the detailed points to consider while selling your Kentucky inherited house.
- How to stop Foreclosure sale in Kentucky: There are several ways to stop foreclosure, through which you can save your home. Read further to know more.
- Real Estate Photography Kentucky: Read further to find out why real estate photography has been the buzz in today’s real estate marketing strategy.
- Best time to sell a house in Kentucky: Read more about some of the important factors that will help you decide the best time to sell a house in Kentucky.
- Cash offers: Here’s why you should consider it.
- How much is closing cost in Kentucky: Closing Costs explained in detail.
- Closing Costs for Seller in Kentucky: Find out closing costs for sellers in Kentucky
- Who Pays Closing Cost in Kentucky: Read our blog to know in detail who pays closing cost in Kentucky.
Related Keywords: real estate companies in kentucky, top real estate companies kentucky, kentucky commercial real estate companies, kentucky real estate companies, kentucky best real estate company, ky real estate agents, kentucky realtors, realtor ky, real estate in kentucky, realtors in louisville ky, commercial real estate louisville ky, kentucky real estate, best real estate companies to work for in ky, louisville real estate, cushman and wakefield, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate louisville, real estate company in kentucky, best real estate company to work for in kentucky, home sale calculator kentucky, closing cost estimator kentucky buyer, selling house fast, kentucky all cash home buyers reviews, title policy definition, foreclosure defense lawyer, real estate photographers in kentucky, home inspection kentucky, how much are home inspections in kentucky, cost of an appraisal in Kentucky, Kentucky discount real estate brokers