In April 2022, 55.3% Maryland homes were sold above the list price, clearly indicating that the housing market is fairly competitive. Therefore, real estate companies are engaged in fierce competition to help you buy or sell your home quickly.
Here is a detailed review of top real estate companies in Maryland that will help you in your home selling or buying process.
At a Glance: 5 Top Real Estate Companies in Maryland
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|Houzeo||📱 Most Advanced Tech|
💲 Maximum savings
🌟 Stellar Customer Reviews
📃 Fast Listing Changes
|⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (2, 689 reviews)|
|Century 21 New Millenium||🏁 Brand Recognition||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (23 reviews)|
|Red Cedar Real Estate||🔊 Locally Owned||⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ (75 reviews)|
|RE/MAX Realty Services||📣 Most Innovative Technologies||⭐⭐⭐ (79 reviews)|
|Keller Williams Flagship of Maryland||🗺️ Marketing, Tools and Agent Training||⭐⭐⭐⭐ (68 Reviews)|
Reviews: 5 Top Real Estate Companies in Maryland
Houzeo – Best Overall
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Century 21 New Millennium – Brand Recognition
🏡About: Century 21 New Millennium has more than 900 agents and staff across 21 offices serving Maryland, Virginia and D.C. They have a strong market presence and national recognition. Their goal has always been to provide superior service and results with their exceptional customer service and commitment to technological innovations.
For Home Sellers:
- Local Insight: C21 have established relationships with service providers that can help make the home-selling process a smooth one. Most importantly, they get your house sold for the best price possible in the shortest amount of time.
- Expansive Reach: There are over 900 agents in 21 offices throughout Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Their expansive footprint and active social media communication system puts your house in front of buyers throughout the region.
For Home Buyers:
- Expert Assistance: Their efficient real estate agents can help improve your overall home buying experience and provide the guidance in choosing the best property. They offer extensive knowledge in neighbourhoods, schools and market conditions. Their mortgage professionals can also assist you with your financing.
👉 Our Take: Their local real estate agents are exceedingly knowledgeable on real estate best practices, new and emerging technology, local communities and effective marketing strategies. Additionally, their sales associates are continuously trained to ensure that they remain knowledgeable.
Century 21 New Millennium uses cutting edge technology to offer their best services to their customers. Their agents use zipLogix™ , a digital platform offers many time saving features and functionality. With this platform an agent can take a client from initial purchase agreement to the closing table and never need a piece of paper.
Century 21 New Millennium is rated 5/ 5 (out of 23 reviews) on Google.
Century 21 New Millennium is available in all major locations of Maryland.
Red Cedar Real Estate – Locally Owned
🏡About: Red Cedar Real Estate is a full service, boutique real estate brokerage that focuses on the needs and benefits of their clients. It was founded by Peter Boscas, a residential real estate agent in Maryland. It is a locally owned full service boutique brokerage.
For Home Sellers:
- Agents with Local Expertise: Their understanding of how to market and sell real estate proves to be of great help when you are selling your home. They guide their clients throughout the closing process thus delivering a great experience for the sellers.heir agents use photography/video system to showcase the property.
- Market Technology: Their staff pride themselves on their knowledge of cutting edge technology not just for helping consumers buy and sell homes, but also of new technologies offered to make home life simpler and more enjoyable.
For Home Buyers:
- Their agents are professional, attentive, thoughtful, patient and is always available. They are extremely knowledgeable about real estate. If you are in the market to purchase a home, they will try to make sure that you find the home of your dreams.
👉 Our Take: Whether you are a first-time homebuyer, ready for an home upgrade or looking to sell your home, having a Red Cedar Real Estate agent in your corner will make your transaction as smooth and successful as possible. These agents are handpicked individuals who are determined to be your complete real estate resource.
» Creative ways to Market a House: 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale (By Owner Homes)
Information about Red Cedar Real Estate technology stack is limited, but we’re certain it’s designed in a way that makes home buying and home selling easier.
Red Cedar Real Estate is rated 5/ 5 (out of 74 reviews) on Google.
Red Cedar Real Estate offers its services in Columbia, Baltimore, Takoma Park, Ellicott City, Ilchester
RE/MAX Realty Services – Best for In-Person Support
🏡About: RE/MAX Space Centre-Clear Lake is a subsidiary of RE/MAX that serves Clear Lake and nearby areas in Texas. They have operated successfully since 1978, and offer a wide range of real estate services across 11 locations.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: We have advanced marketing and digital strategies that can help drive more traffic to your listing. offer cutting edge technology, comprehensive marketing strategies help streamline the process.
- Online listing: Online listings feature information specific to each property and property images that gives potential buyers an instant preview.
For Home Buyers:
- Interactive Map Search: The map search available on the RE/MAX website helps view homes located in or near the area you desire and helps learn more about the communities you are interested in, including a breakdown of the local population, school ratings and more.
- Re/MAX agents: can help you to determine your buying power how much you can afford, how much you should put towards a down payment, and can walk you through loan options and other costs or fees associated with purchasing a home.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX (Real Estate Maximums) is a well-known real estate company in the world. RE/MAX, which has more than 125,000 agents across the country, was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
» Selling A House As Is: A Step-By-Step Guide for Home Sellers
RE/MAX Realty Services use innovative technologies to carry out real estate transactions.
Photofy, a mobile app tailored specifically for RE/MAX affiliates, supports marketing efforts and features new assets like digital stickers.
LeadStreet manages leads, listings and clients, while also offering a highly customizable IDX website.
The RE/MAX Design Center offers thousands of customizable templates for print, online, video and more.
RE/MAX Mainstreet is the portal to the RE/MAX Design Center, LeadStreet, RE/MAX University and social media outlets.
RE/MAX Mobile App
RE/MAX is rated 3.6/ 5 (out of 79 reviews) on Consumer Affairs
RE/MAX Realty Services is available across Maryland.
Keller Williams Flagship of Maryland – Marketing, Tools and Agent Training
🏡About: Keller Williams Realty is a real estate company catering to buyers and sellers. They have a knowledgeable and professional team of real estate agents catering to you throughout the buying process.
For Home Sellers:
- Dedicated Agents: Clients receive the assistance of an experienced real estate agent with an expertise in listing, pricing, staging and selling your home to the right buyer quickly.
- Increased Reach: They use their unique marketing systems to maximize your property’s exposure and help you sell your home fast.
For Home buyers:
- Agent Commitment: Agents preview homes in advance on your behalf and also personally tour homes and neighbourhoods with you to help you finalise.
- Tech Tools: Leading-edge tech tools and training gives them the advantage in efficiently finding the right house for you.
👉 Our Take: Keller Williams Realtors is a well-known international real estate company that also happens to be the largest residential real estate firm in the United States of America. The brand has a culture that is agent-centric, technology-driven, and education-based, and it recognizes and rewards its agents for their contributions.
» Multiple Offers: A Sellers’ Guide to Handling Multiple Offers
The Keller Cloud is a powerful suite of tools that work in harmony to deliver smart business solutions for agents and smoother experiences for customers.
Command’s interconnected tools support connections between data and clients, keeping the Agent in the center of it all.
The KW App is the consumer-facing counterpart to Command that empowers both agents and their clients,
Keller Williams Flagship of Maryland is rated 4.7/ 5 on Google.
Keller Williams Flagship of Maryland covers all major areas of Maryland.
Choose the Best Real Estate Company or Agent in Maryland
When buying or selling a house in Maryland, you may consider the expertise of the agent you are hiring to get the job done. finding the right agent can make all the difference.
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate broker or agent, inquire about their knowledge of the local market and your property type.|
|2. Marketing strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker has with other real estate professionals before making a decision.|
|3. Full-time Professional||Make certain to hire a professional who is available on a full-time basis.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a realtor will be able to guide you through the process of searching for and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Local realtors who work for themselves should not be dismissed. When compared to a larger real estate company, they may have more intimate knowledge of a community.|
In addition to the questions listed above, there are several other factors to consider when hiring a real estate company or an agent.
Readily Available Agents or Brokerage: While there are competent part-time agents who sell properties, you must hire someone who can show your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Offer Suggestions: Pools, screened-in porches, and other desirable features are known to attract buyers to the area. They will advise on which rooms or features to emphasize or de-emphasize.
Similarly, ask the real estate agent in Maryland if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.
Local Expert: Hire or retain a local expert. These agents will also be aware of the typical selling and listing prices in the area.
Other than that, ask a local brokerage or your friends and family if they know anyone who has sold many homes or businesses there. Also, other ideas include looking through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
🌟 Looking For a Reputed Real Estate Company in Maryland?
Choose Houzeo! Houzeo is rated 4.5 stars on Google Reviews and Trustpilot. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
🏡 WANT TO TRY FSBO IN MARYLAND? Check out our guide on how to sell by owner in Maryland.
In contrast, an inexperienced agent may make things more difficult for you (and your wallet) than they need to be during the home-buying process.
A specific set of abilities distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest to buy houses in Maryland. Is there a list of these abilities? Let’s find out
|Point to Remember||Description|
|1. Good Communication >||Look for an agent who is a good communicator and can answer all of your questions about the home-buying process.|
|2. Reliable Experience >||When interviewing real estate agents, be sure to not only inquire about the length of time they have been in the business of buying and selling homes, but also inquire about their specific experience.|
|3. Strong Local Market Knowledge >||Each market is unique. In order to navigate the nuances of your local market, you'll need a real estate agent who is familiar with local market trends and patterns. Choose a real estate agent who has a track record of quickly placing buyers in homes (and getting them a great deal, too).|
|4. Positive Reviews >||Online reviews are a great resource when choosing a realtor. Read as many reviews as you can before choosing a real estate agent, and look for past clients who have only positive things to say about their experiences.|
|5. Personal Rapport >||Ultimately, you want a realtor you like. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so choose someone you enjoy being around and who truly understands your needs.|
Real Estate Professionals
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working
1. Commission Split
As we know, most realtors work on commission. You don’t get paid unless you sell. When you sell, you’ll split the profits with your broker. Brokers charge various commissions. (Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.) While company culture, resources, market share, reputation, and support will all be important, you should choose a brokerage that offers you a commission split you can live with.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. And this 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. Then you must inform your broker. A 60/40 commission split means you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Maryland like Houzeo.com offer a better approach to cost savings, convenience, and time to market.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, the broker’s support and resources, and more. Also, understand the split and how you can increase your percentage over time. Remember that some brokerages now offer real estate agents a salary and benefits package, so you may want to shop around if this approach appeals to you.
Here is an example of a commission split for 5 companies:
|1. Keller Williams||70 / 30|
|2. RE/MAX||95/5, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 (capping system)|
|3. Century 21||50/50, 70/30, 8% franchise fee (capping system)|
|4. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
Before choosing an MD real estate broker, consider your work environment. How much coworker support do I need? Like other businesses, real estate brokerages develop a culture that guides their operations.
Are you looking for a family-oriented, small-town brokerage? Or do you prefer a big-box franchise brokerage that leaves you to your own devices? Is it a weekly get-together or a company caravan? The best way to learn about a company’s culture is to talk to employees or attend company events.
3. Reputation of the Company
Begin your research by performing a buyer-like Google search as you want a brokerage with a solid market presence and a good reputation as you can rely on them to find leads if they have a large market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and the right broker can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate broker, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like RE/MAX and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized and based locally. Working for an independent broker gives you more freedom to run your business as you wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
For example, some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
Best Real Estate Companies to Work for in Maryland
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s discuss the 5 best real estate companies to work for in Maryland based on commissions, fees, training, brand recognition, and marketing efforts.
|1. Keller Williams||Agents looking for a high commission structure as well as opportunities for continuing education|
|2. RE/MAX||Customizing commission splits and desk fees for established agents|
|3. Coldwell Banker Realty||Marketing, lead generation, and other tools for tech-savvy agents|
|4. eXp Realty||A virtual brokerage where professionals can have access to a wide range of online resources and tools.|
|5. Red Cedar Real Estate||A real estate that is locally owned and globally recognized|
Sell your home In Maryland With Houzeo
A top real estate agent has a lot of clients in their pocket. Working with the largest or the biggest real estate company has its disadvantage. Often people have these two questions: ‘Real estate offices near me’ and ‘how to find a good real estate broker in Maryland?’
However, keep in mind that even though you opt for one of the biggest real estate companies near you, the REALTOR’S experience might not be enough. As we have already read about the companies where the agent- experience may not be the same everywhere. Additionally, the agents may show interest in a deal only if the deal is extremely profitable.
With Houzeo, instead of paying the average listing rate of around 3%, you’ll only pay a flat fee which will save you not only thousands of dollars but also give you a great buying-selling experience.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$349||5%-6%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
▶️ Click Here: What American Home Sellers Have To Say About Houzeo?
What does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
Check out the following video for all the details you need:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
It has been a lot of fun to see a lot of digitally-driven real estate companies open and grow much faster than the real estate brokerages offering In-person full service in the last few years. So, if you’re buying or selling a house, these next-generation platforms use technology to help you through the process, making it easier for you.
People have long known that technology is changing the real estate industry. Therefore, when used correctly, technology can give clients more valuable information, especially outside of the traditional way that people buy and sell homes.
- ✍️ Editor’s Note: Though selling your home yourself on a For Sale By Owner website can save you thousands in commission, we highly recommend you add a Flat Fee MLS listing to your marketing strategy. Check out the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Maryland.
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Resources for Selling Your Maryland Home
The best ways to sell your house fast in Maryland are listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
We have compiled and reviewed the Best Real Estate Websites in Maryland for property transactions and real estate in 2022.
A curated list of the best discount real estate brokers in Maryland who can help you sell your property and save on high commission fees.
Best Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Maryland and provide instant cash offers. Find out which companies make the best cash offers
Are you finding it hard to understand the Maryland seller disclosure statement? Here’s our guide to making your house selling endeavor easier!
- Wholesaling Real Estate in Maryland: Wholesaling real estate can be one of the best options when starting real estate investing. Read to know how real estate wholesaling works in MD.
- Cost to Build a House in Maryland: More people than ever are choosing to build their homes rather than dealing with real estate companies. Discover why a home building is cheaper than buying a new one in MD.
- How Much are Closing Costs in MD: Discover your closing cost obligations in Maryland.
- Maryland Seller Closing Costs Calculator – Calculate your seller closing costs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the biggest and the largest real estate company in Maryland?
Real estate companies in Maryland are ranked based on various factors. as per our research, Houzeo is the best real estate company for home sellers wanting to save on real estate agent commissions.
Which is the best real estate company to work for in Maryland?
According to sources, the best real estate company to work for in Maryland is Keller Williams. It is a top rated Agent Training Organization.
Related : maryland real estate agents, best real estate company to work for in maryland, top real estate companies maryland, best real estate agents in maryland, best real estate company in maryland, real estate companies maryland, realty companies in maryland, realtors in maryland, maryland estate search, dre license lookup, commercial real estate companies in maryland, real estate agencies maryland, realtors in maryland, realtor md, maryland realtors, maryland estate search, maryland real estate commission, maryland real property search maryland, real estate companies in md, top 10 real estate companies in maryland, list of real estate companies in maryland, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, top real estate companies to work for in Maryland, realtor md, seller closing costs calculator Maryland, buyer closing costs calculator Maryland, home appraisal fee Maryland, selling an inherited house in maryland, get preapproved for a mortgage, websites for sale by owner, home staging, get a cash offer for my house maryland, title policy definition, flat fee mls listing maryland, fsbo maryland, foreclosure, low cost real estate brokerage