Home sellers across Haymarket dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home in Virginia.
Our list of the best discount realtors in Haymarket will assist you in identifying the best one for your next real estate transaction.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% to 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Haymarket
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Take 2 Real Estate||1%|
|4.||Ideal Agent||2.5% |
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Haymarket
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Take 2 Real Estate
Take 2 Real Estate
Take 2 Real Estate is a full-service discount brokerage based in Virginia. Paul Thistle, owner & broker, offers his 1% commission package to home sellers of Northern Virginia.
Take 2 Real Estate for Home Sellers
- 1%Commission Or $3,500: Sellers get personalized guidance at every step of the process. Additional services include home improvement/staging consultation, photography and 4K video tour, brochures, digital documentation process, and automated showing schedule.
Take 2 Real Estate for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebates: You get around 2% of the 3% buyer agent commissions as a buyer rebate.
👉 Our Take: With Take 2 Real Estate, you get to work directly with Paul Thistle, one of the finest real estate brokers in Northern Virginia. You will receive personalised services and recommendations to help you maximise the value of your home.
With Take 2 Real Estate, you have the following benefits.
- Full-Time Agent Support: Sellers get personalized guidance at every step of the process from one of the best discount real estate brokers in Northern Virginia.
- No Obligation Consultation: You can schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and get an expert market analysis of your home.
- Digital Documents and Communication: You can sign all real estate documents online using Docusign.
In our research, we could not find any deal breakers with Take 2 Real Estate.
Take 2 Real Estate has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from 59 reviews on Google.
BEST FOR HIGH VALUE HOMES
Houwzer offers three different deals for sellers.
- Flat rate – 1% Commission: Houwzer charges a 1% listing fee. This low-commission Realtor is ideal for homes with a value above $1M.
- Buy & Sell Bundle: If you purchase a property along with selling your house, you will get a transferable refund of $2,500 on the listing fee.
- Convenience Offer: You will receive a cash offer from them. You get better offers from prospective buyers and pre-qualify for a mortgage on a home purchase.
Coverage: Houzer offers its services only in Florida, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: If you’re looking for a low-commission real estate brokerage that’s easy on the wallet for high-valued properties, Houwzer is a good option for you.
» Houwzer: Is it truly a smart choice to choose them? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
Houwzer is a low-commission real estate brokerage based in Philadelphia, PA. They are a certified B Corporation that is committed to solving social and environmental problems.
- Versatile Add-On Features: They offer good add-on features like virtual tours, high-definition photography, and closing assistance.
- Cash Advantage: Houwzer empowers buyers to make a cash offer on a house using Houwzer’s funds. The buyers should be pre-approved by Houwzer Mortgage to avail of the cash advantage option.
We found some drawbacks of Howzer real estate during our research.
- No Personalized Support: Due to high customer volume Houwzer agents might not give personalized attention to every customer.
- Not for Low-Priced Homes: Houwzer is only ideal for houses that are valued at a million or above.
Houwzer has an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars from 43 reviews on Yelp.
» Houwzer Reviews: Check out the customer reviews before making your decision.
4. Ideal Agent
👨💼 QUALITY AGENTS
Ideal Agent, a discounted real estate broker, helps the sellers find quality agents when compared with their competitors.
Ideal Agent for Homesellers
- Top Agents: Ideal Agent has built a reputation of working with only the top 1% of agents. The agent matching service is free of cost, and there is no obligation to work with the recommended realtors.
- Marginal Savings: Ideal Agent charges a commission of 2%. This means marginal savings for the sellers against the average traditional listing agent commission of 2.5%.
- Delayed Processing: This creates a delay in the selling process. The sellers must talk to the concierge on the phone before the agent is assigned. This creates a delay in the selling process.
Ideal Agent for Homebuyers
- Not Buyer Focused: Ideal Agent offers no significant benefits for home buyers. Buyers can hire an agent, but they need to get in touch with their customer service to set up a call with the concierge. The agent will contact the buyers only after these steps have been completed.
👉 Our Take: A major drawback of Ideal Agent is that it does not make the process of home buying easier or beneficial for the buyers. Moreover, having to speak to a concierge increases the amount of time it takes to list a property. On the other hand, Houzeo.com helps sellers list their property in 8 business hours.
» Ideal Agent Reviews: Read This BEFORE You Choose Them!
- Qualified agents
- No obligation to choose an agent
- Add-on services like professional photos and more
- Good customer service
- Minimal savings
- Single-agent match
- Inconsistent agent results
- No customer dashboard
- No buyer savings
Ideal agent has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
Ideal Agent is available throughout the U.S.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5 to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with discount real estate brokers is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
2. Technology: Choose companies that use cutting-edge technology, offer online paperwork, and have a mobile app.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price. For example, Redfin offers a buyer rebate of 0.5% to clients who sell and buy with Redfin within 1 year.
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Haymarket
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Haymarket.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Virginia companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Haymarket markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Virginia.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Virginia make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Haymarket and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Virginia: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites in Virginia. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Virginia: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays closing costs in Haymarket, VA?
The seller and buyer share the burden of closing costs in Haymarket, VA. The seller usually pays 6-9% of the sales price as closing costs, while the buyer contributes 1-3% of the sales price as closing costs.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Haymarket, VA?
Take 2 Real Estate, Houzeo.com, and Houwzer are the top discount real estate brokers in Haymarket, VA.
What percentage do most realtors charge in Haymarket, VA?
Traditional real estate agents charge 5-6% of the sales price as commission. On the other hand, discount real estate brokers charge 3-4% of the sales price as commission.