From Tulsa to Norman, home sellers across Oklahoma are saving thousands on the traditional 6% real estate agent commission. The best discount real estate brokers use cutting-edge technology and stellar customer service making it easy to sell your home in Oklahoma.
👉🏻 Key Takeaways
- Discount real estate brokers will help you list your home for 0.5% to 2% commission. Traditional listing brokers charge 2.5-3%.
- The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission, typically 2.5-3%.
- Discount real estate brokers will save you between $5,000 to $20,000 on average.
- Houzeo.com is America’s best discount real estate company. Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum exposure, commission savings, cutting-edge tech, and stellar customer service.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching discount real estate brokers and compiled our list of the best discount real estate brokers.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Oklahoma
|Discount Real Estate Broker / Company
Reviews: 5 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Oklahoma
Houzeo is a top technology-driven real estate platform. It offers 4 different packages:
- Bronze Package ($399+): This package lets you list your house for 6 months. You can upload 24 house photos.
- Silver Package ($399+): List your home for six months and post maximum photos. Unlimited open houses and listing modifications are included in this package.
- Gold Package ($429+): This gives you all the benefits of the Silver package. It also allows you with advanced tech support.
- Platinum ($499+): This package offers virtual full-service support with a licensed broker. These brokers will assist you in negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo for all home sellers. The company has an excellent customer rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. It has extensive coverage across 47 states + DC, a feat achieved by only a handful of other services.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 minutes.
These are the key features that make Houzeo one of the top discount real estate brokers:
- Significant Commission Savings: In most states, you will pay just a small flat fee to list on MLS. On average, home sellers who used Houzeo saved $11,490.
- No Hidden Fees: All costs are disclosed upfront so you don’t have to worry about hidden charges.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo operates in 47 states and DC, with ongoing plans for expansion.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo packages give you access to renowned MLS companies.
- Advanced Technology: Eliminate the hassle of extensive paperwork. E-signature and online forms make house listing quick and easy.
- 5-star Customer Service: Dedicated customer support addresses your every concern easy.
- Mobile App: Houzeo’s mobile app lets you manage showing requests from verified buyers and buyer agents. You can either accept, reject, or reschedule showings at your convenience.
Houzeo Reviews: With over 5,000+ happy customers, Houzeo is the most trusted discount real estate broker.
Houzeo is America’s #1 ranked real estate brokerage company. It provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s flat fee feature helps you save thousands on agent commissions. You also get dedicated customer support that makes the home-selling process much easier and effortless.
HomeLight is an agent-matching service provider. Its technology-based platform provides agent suggestions within minutes.
- Brokerage: HomeLight does not charge any fees to buyers or sellers. The agent pays a referral fee to HomeLight at the time of closing.
👉 Our Take: HomeLight connects you with a local agent to help you sell your house. The agent charges you around 2% to 3% as per his customized services including the HomeLight’s referral fee. This will ultimately make you pay more than other discount real estate brokers.
» How Does Homelight Work? Know how HomeLight can get you a better home sale experience.
HomeLight offers several advantages:
- Quick Pairing: HomeLight connects you with the list of agents within two minutes of your online form filling.
- Representative Network: HomeLight has a database of over 28,000 agents. This allows you to compare the agents and select the best one based on discounts, experience, and sales records.
- Coverage: Their services are available in 16 locations across the major U.S. cities.
» Homelight Pros & Cons: Know about their offerings that would help you sell your house seamlessly.
Below are some of the major drawbacks of using HomeLight:
- Non-Negotiable Commissions: Every agent has to pay a referral fee to Homelight. Hence, you lose the ability to bargain for the commission.
- Off-Market Restriction: You can instantly receive bids from agents by registering on HomeLight.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: The assigned agents may not work at your convenience. Even the listing speed will be based on the agent selected.
HomeLight is an agent-matching company established by Drew Uher in 2012. It is a single platform where home sellers meet their prospective home buyers.
It has a huge broker database. Every agent handles multiple clients at a time. This leads to miscommunication and a lack of personalized support.
- Listing Fee: 2.5% of the Sale Price (or as decided by the agent)
- Available in all major cities
- 4.7/5 (290+ Reviews)
UpNest is a marketplace that connects home sellers and buyers with local agents.
- Pricing: UpNest does not charge you any upfront fee. It allows their agents to discuss the pricing with you like commission, fees, discounts, etc.
👉 Our Take: UpNest introduces you to 2 to 3 agents once you register on their platform. You may face trouble in evaluating these agents concerning their experience and knowledge.
» Is UpNest Legit? Find out if UpNest can be the best option for your house sale.
UpNest offers certain advantages:
- No Fees: UpNest does not charge you an upfront commission. Instead, you are introduced to an agent to discuss the services and commissions.
- User-Friendly Dashboard: It has a user-friendly dashboard which makes it easy to compare agent profiles.
- No Obligation Service: UpNest connects you with multiple agents as soon as you sign up with them. If you are not satisfied, then you can simply walk away.
- Nationwide Coverage: Prevu offers service throughout the US. It connects you with the local agent who has current market insights.
» What is UpNest? Read the comprehensive study for UpNest to learn more details!
UpNest has certain disadvantages:
- Lower Savings: The commission depends on your negotiation with the agent. A higher commission fixed would make you pay more.
- Uncertain Customer Service: Some customers share feedback of agents being extremely helpful and knowledgeable. However, less experienced agents struggle to answer simple questions.
» How Does Upnest Work? Agent-matching at UpNest is pretty straightforward. Check it out!
UpNest is a licensed agent-matching brokerage. It is headquartered in California. Move, Inc.,(Realtor.com the parent company) acquired Upnest in June 2022.
UpNest pairs you with local agents with a proven sales record. However, you may end up fixing a high commission for the agent.
4. JMR Realty
JMR Realty is a discount brokerage that offers low-commission services to home sellers and buyers. They have a flat fee MLS plan for FSBO homes.
For Home Sellers:
- 1% Commission: Services include professional photography, yard sign, Comparative Market Analysis, and contract negotiation. Your listing gets syndicated to local and national websites.
- Flat Fee Package ($999): The services provided are similar to the full-service package. The seller handles additional tasks like negotiations, house inspections, and showing coordination.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Agent Services: The low-cost real estate agent offers traditional agent services to buyers, including showings and closing representation.
👉 Our Take: JMR Realty can be an excellent option for buyers and sellers. Experienced sellers who do not need much hand-holding can opt for their Flat Fee package.
JMR Realty has certain advantages:
- Market Exposure: Your home gets featured in the local MLS and all major real estate websites. They also digitally market your property.
- Local Expert: JMR Realty is an Oklahoma-based discount realty. Their agents are industry professionals with in-depth knowledge of the local market.
JMR Realty has certain disadvantages:
- No Buyer Rebate: They do not offer any buyer rebate commission. Most of the discount brokerages in Oklahoma offer a minimum buyer rebate of 1%.
- Limited Coverage: They offer their services only in Greater Oklahoma City and Edmond.
JMR Realty has a 5-star rating on Google.
Jimmy Hughes established JMR Realty. The company offers full service and flat fee packages to home sellers.
JMR Realty serves Edmond, Oklahoma City, Guthrie, Yukon, Mustang, Midwest City, and surrounding areas. However, they do not offer any buyer rebates to home buyers.
5. Ideal Agent
Ideal Agent is an agent matching company. It offers a single listing package for its sellers:
- Full Service (2% Commission): Ideal Agent charges a 2% commission on the home sales price. You will be charged $3,000 to sell a house worth $150,000.
👉 Our Take: Ideal Agent offers full-service assistance and excellent service for home sellers. However, it does not provide any cash rebates to buyers.
» What Is Ideal Agent? Know what Ideal Agent customers have to say about their services.
Ideal Agent offers certain advantages:
- Pre-Negotiated Commission: Ideal Agent has fixed the commission with their agents. This helps sellers to focus on the other aspects of the deal.
- Time-Saving: You will be paired with the most capable agent. They’ll save you time and effort by giving you step-by-step assistance.
- Dedicated Concierge: Their agents will assist you at each phase of the deal, from marketing to negotiation and closing.
» How Does Ideal Agent Work? Here is a detailed explanation of Ideal Agent services.
Ideal Agent offers certain disadvantages:
- No-Multiple Matching Agent: The ideal agent matches the seller with only one agent. You don’t get to choose the agent based on your requirements.
- Sub-Par Agent: Several customers complain about being assigned agents with low reliability.
- No Buyer Support: Ideal Agent isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they do not offer any significant benefits for home buyers.
Steve Johnston established ldeal Agent in 2016. It is headquartered in Tampa. It offers all the traditional realtor services with a 2% commission on home sale value.
Ideal Agent lacks a modern technology system. Customers who have used their services have complained about hidden charges.
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5% to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with discount real estate brokers is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price.
For example, Homie offers a buyer rebate of 1% to 1.5%. A $400,000 house will save you a whopping $6,000!
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Discount Realtor Near Me
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Oklahoma City, OK: Discount realty services in Oklahoma City charge a fee of 1% to 2%. To make an informed selection, look into their listing costs, services offered, coverage, and technology.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Oklahoma
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Oklahoma.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Tulsa and other Oklahoma markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Oklahoma.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Oklahoma make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Oklahoma and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Oklahoma: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Oklahoma: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much commission does a Realtor make in Oklahoma?
A Realtor in Oklahoma generally charge around 6%.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in Oklahoma?
Yes! Real estate commissions in Oklahoma are negotiable.