MLS is the most powerful tool in U.S. real estate. Homes listed on the MLS sold faster and for 17% more than off-MLS homes, according to a Bright MLS study.
So, whether you are selling a bungalow in Oklahoma City or a single-room home in Tulsa, you need to be on the Oklahoma MLS to get top dollar for your property.
Only Realtors have access to the MLS. And to list you, they will charge a 3% listing agent commission. You will also have to pay the buyer agent another 2.5% to 3% in commission. Gosh… That’s thousands of dollars of your home equity.
But it’s 2023. Some of the best Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma services and For Sale By Owner websites will get you listed on the local MLS within 24 to 48 hours, and for just a few hundred dollars. You get the savings and you retain full control of your sale!
⚡ 4 Powerful FSBO Tips
- List on MLS in Oklahoma: MLS is the most powerful tool for home sellers. It gives you maximum exposure to home buyers and buyer agents. More exposure means more competition and a higher sale price for you.
- Price Your Home Competitively: Pricing your home right is probably the single most important factor in selling your Oklahoma home fast. Pricing too high means more days on market. Pricing low means multiple offers and a bidding war.
- Get Professional Photos: 90% of home buyers search for homes online. You are competing for clicks on Zillow and Houzeo. Get pro photos done – more clicks online means more showings and more offers!
- Offer a Competitive Buyer Agent Commission: We hate commissions. But you can make buyer agents work for you by paying them a commission. Check with local realtors what a competitive commission is in your area.
What is MLS in Real Estate?
MLS or the Multiple Listing System is a local database real estate agents use to list properties for sale. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS.
There are 5+ local MLS’ in Oklahoma. You must list your property only on your local Oklahoma MLS. Only then the local buyer agents will be able to find your listing.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma: Houzeo automatically assigns you the right local MLS for your property.
What are the Benefits of Listing on the MLS in OK?
There are 5 key benefits of being on the MLS.
- Max Exposure = Higher Sale Price: MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites. All that exposure means more competition for your property and a higher sale price. Listings on the MLS sold for 17% more than off-MLS listings – That’s thousands of dollars in your pocket!
- Marketing to Buyer Agents: 86% of home sales involve buyer agents who have access to the MLS. Thus, MLS is the most efficient way to market your house to buyer agents.
- Attracting More Buyer Agents: MLS’ allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission. Given that most transactions involve a buyer agent, this will allow you to attract top-dollar for your property.
- Faster Sale: Bright MLS found that listings on the MLS sell faster than those not on the MLS. This makes sense given all the extra exposure MLS provides.
- Getting Cash Offers: Almost all Oklahoma cash home buyers scour the MLS for properties. This includes iBuyers, investors, and home flippers.
Should I List on MLS with a Full-service Realtor in Oklahoma?
We do not recommend listing with a full-service Realtor in Oklahoma. The 3% listing agent commission a Realtor will charge you is too expensive. And the biggest benefit a Oklahoma Realtor provides is access to the MLS.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS services. You’ll be in control of your sale, and save thousands in commission.
⭐ Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is the only Flat Fee MLS service with 5-star ratings from thousands of home sellers!
How to Get an MLS Listing in Oklahoma Without a Realtor?
Only licensed real estate agents have access to Oklahoma MLS. There is no way to list on MLS without using an agent.
But you don’t have to pay thousands in commissions to get on this MLS. You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. It is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the Oklahoma real estate market.
You can get listed faster with high-tech FSBO sites like Houzeo than with a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
⚡ Register Now: You can start your listing for FREE and pick an MLS plan only when you’re ready!
Steps to List Your Home on the MLS
- Research to discover the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you.
- Purchase a Flat Fee MLS listing plan.
- Provide your property details.
- Attach professional photographs with your listing.
- Sign the listing agreement.
- Review the draft listing and get on the MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma Listing?
Flat Fee MLS is a type of listing service that lists your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. Unlike traditional Realtors, Flat Fee MLS listing services do not charge you a hefty commission of 3%.
Flat Fee MLS listings are typically known as “entry-only” listings or Flat Rate MLS listings. The broker or the company only helps the seller list on MLS for a flat fee. If you need additional help or services, you have to pay additional charges.
Here’s how you can get listed on the MLS in 4 steps:
- Find the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: Choose a Flat Fee MLS listing service to list your house on the local MLS. Several Flat Fee MLS companies are notorious for very high hidden fees. Research Flat Fee MLS listing services in Oklahoma before you choose one.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Most services offer a DIY Oklahoma MLS listing plan and a virtual full-service plan. In a virtual full-service plan, a licensed real estate broker provides all the assistance virtually.
- Provide Property Photos and Information: Attach good-quality pictures of your house. Opt for professional Oklahoma real estate photographers. Homes photographed professionally sell 32% faster. Also, professional photos make your listing more attractive and appealing. Remember, you’re competing for clicks online.
- Sign the Listing Agreement: You will be required to sign the listing agreement and complete Oklahoma’s seller disclosures. If everything is in order, the real estate broker will list your home within 24 to 48 hours!
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Oklahoma?
It depends on whether you’re working with a full-service or a Flat Fee MLS service like Houzeo.
A full-service agent generally charges you around 2%-3% commission. On the other hand, you can potentially save a lot by using a Flat Fee MLS listing service. Houzeo costs $349 for most home sellers.
Here’s how much a Flat Fee MLS By Owner listing costs:
- Upfront Flat Fee: This is the amount you’ll pay to get on the MLS. Typically it is between $300 and $500.
- Fees at Closing: Most Flat Fee MLS services will not charge any additional fee unless you are in a minimum service state.
- Hidden Charges: Many unscrupulous brokers will reel you in with a $99 listing. Beware – that’s just the start. You’ll be paying $500+ in hidden fees. A $50-yard sign will be sold you to for $135. Some brokers may demand extra charges at closing when it would be too late to do anything.
» SAVE: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the pricing page.
What are the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in OK?
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Trinity Properties OK||$399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Adams Family Real Estate||$999||None||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Group||$199 - $399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Flat Fee Realty||$249||0.1%-0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
*Varies across states
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Oklahoma’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $349, and the Gold package costs $399 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing.
2. Trinity Properties OK
Trinity Properties OK has 3 Flat Fee MLS Listing packages.
- Bronze Package – MLS Only – $199: This is the most basic package on offer. It is only for an MLS listing with no additional services.
- Silver Package – $399: In addition to the basic package services you will get professional photography, combination lock boxes, and more.
- Gold Package – $399+ $1,000 or 1/2% at closing: This is a premium plan with additional features like – broker consultation, contract review, handling negotiations with the buyer agent, coordinating with the title company, inspection unit, and appraisal firms, review settlement, etc.
👉 Our Take: Trinity Properties has limited exposure in Oklahoma. The Silver Package priced at $399 is an affordable choice for home sellers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas.
Trinity Properties is a good choice for OK home sellers who need guidance.
- Extensive Plans: In the Silver and Gold plans you get market analysis, contract reviews, professional photography, phone and email support, and a yard sign.
- Local Exposure: Trinity Properties will list your home on Realtor.com, Zillow, and Trulia, along with local realtor sites like Remax, Keller Williams Realty, and more!
- Option to Relist: For an additional $100 you can reactive a released or expired listing.
Trinity Properties has a few red flags to note.
- Expensive Gold Package: The Gold Package does offer a lot of value-added services but you must pay an additional $1,000 or 0.5% of your home sale price at closing.
- Lack of Tech: Trinity Properties has an aesthetic website but lacks tech features essential for a smooth list-to-close process. There is no dashboard or mobile app for sellers to easily manage their listing from home.
- Limited Market: Trinity Properties is only present in Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas.
Trinity Properties has 4.6 out of 5 stars from 28 total reviews on Google.
Trinity Properties OK Reviews: Read what past customers have to say about their experience.
Trinity Properties run by Carrie Ray is a trusted flat fee MLS company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas. It offers a range of services within the flat fee plan you choose.
Although, for home sellers on a budget the additional $1,000 or 0.5% at closing can be extravagant. The cheapest Bronze Plan priced at $199 does not offer much assistance!
3. Adams Family Real Estate
Adams Family Real Estate
Adams Family Real Estate provides only one Flat Fee MLS package for home sellers.
- Package – $999: The package includes professional photography and syndication to major real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and more. You also get services like comparative market analysis, yard signs, electronic lockbox, and seller’s guide.
👉 Our Take: Adams Family Real Estate provides only one package which is very limiting for a home seller looking for cheaper options.
Adams Family Real Estate’s best feature is local Realtor Chip Adams.
- Local Expertise: Chip is a lifelong Oklahoma City resident, working in the real estate space since 2007.
- Professional Photography: A photographer will visit your home once you activate your listing with Adams Family Real Estate. This is included in the flat fee plan.
- CMA Snapshot: You get a comparative market analysis snapshot of similar properties in your area. This helps set the right price for your listing.
As a local flat fee MLS there are a few drawbacks with Adams Family Real Estate.
- Single Expensive Plan: The only plan on offer is a full-service $999 package. This can be a waste of money for experienced home sellers looking for just a simple listing service.
- Limited Coverage: Adams Family Real Estate caters to specific locations in Oklahoma State only.
- Lack of Tech: The platform has a very basic website with no seller’s dashboard for easy listing management. This is a drawback for busy home sellers looking for 100% online support.
Adams Family Real Estate has 5 out of 5 stars from 24 total reviews on Google.
Adams Family Real Estate: Read what past sellers have to say!
Chip Adams is the founder of Adams Family Real Estate and has over a decade of experience in real estate. Adams Family Real Estate’s expertise primarily lies in the Oklahoma City market and surrounding counties.
There is only a single expensive package available on the platform. A $999 package will be a waste of money for experienced home sellers looking for a simple listing option.
Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near Me
Local Oklahoma Flat Fee MLS listing services will provide packages for listing your home on the local MLS for a flat fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma City: The packages offered by flat fee MLS Oklahoma City companies are pretty high-end. Two of the companies that we reviewed have high hidden fees.
- Flat Fee MLS Tulsa: All Flat Fee MLS Tulsa listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars.
My Responsibilities with a FL Flat Fee MLS Listing Service
With a Flat Fee MLS “only” listing, you are essentially your own agent. From showings to negotiations, you control everything. Here are a few tips to ensure a smooth listing process with a Flat Fee MLS company:
- Provide Accurate Information: While listing your property yourself, be sure to provide accurate information.
- Use Own Photos: Make sure you own the copyright for the photos you upload. You can either click the photos yourself or hire a professional real estate photographer.
- Ensure MLS Listing Status is Updated Promptly: Mark your listing as “Sale Pending” within 24 hours (or sooner) after accepting an offer. Provide executed documents, promptly. MLS fines can absolutely ruin your day.
- Ensure “Active” Listings are Available for Showings: If a listing is “Active” on the MLS, make sure it’s available for showing. When you go live on the MLS, ensure you’re ready to show your property.
How to Get on MLS for Free?
You can list on the MLS without a full-service agent, but it is never going to be free.
Home sellers can list on the For Sale By Owner websites that provide nationwide coverage for free. But the exposure offered will not be as efficient as MLS. Because homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for 17% more.
This is where Houzeo can help!
Houzeo offers affordable MLS listing services. Your listing gets syndicated to 100+ real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and others. This guarantees maximum exposure.
How Long Does it Take to List a House on Oklahoma MLS?
It takes about 2 days to make an MLS listing live after submitting all the paperwork and listing contract.
Most Oklahoma Flat Fee MLS services forward the order to local real estate brokers. The broker then sends you the paperwork that you have to complete manually. Your listing goes live within 2 days of submission.
Houzeo instantly assigns you the right paperwork based on your location and region. And it is all digital. After you have submitted all the documents, your Oklahoma home will be listed within 24 hours, in most cases even sooner!
How Does a Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma Listing Save You Money?
Traditional listing agents charge about 3% listing commission. Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma listing services charge you a flat fee of about $300 to $500, saving you thousands in commission.
You only have to pay the buyer agent commission if you sell to a represented buyer. You keep the entire sale amount if you find an unrepresented buyer.
86% of buyers are represented by an agent. We recommend you offer a competitive buyer agent commission to get top dollar for your property.
|Listing Agent Commission||3%||$349 flat fee|
|Buyer’s Agent Commission||2.5% – 3%||0-3%|
|Total Commission||5.5% – 6%||2.5%*|
Apart from real estate agents in Oklahoma and Flat Fee MLS companies, here are the other ways to list your home:
- Take the FSBO Route: In an FSBO sale, you won’t be marketing your property in traditional ways available with Realtors. Instead, you will DIY your marketing strategy using for sale by owner yard signs and For Sale By Owner websites. The best FSBO sites in Oklahoma are Craigslist, Zillow, and ForSaleByOwner.com.
- Opt for a Discount Real Estate Broker: Work with a Oklahoma discount real estate broker if you want to list on the MLS without paying a 3% commission. Along with an MLS listing, discount brokers offer all services offered by traditional brokers, but for discounted rates. Some discount brokers worth mentioning are Homie and Houwzer.
Getting on the MLS is the best way to market your house to buyer agents. Houses listed on the MLS sell faster and for more. Only licensed real estate agents can get you on the MLS but they charge you a 3% agent commission.
List with Flat Fee real estate companies like Houzeo to bypass the hefty listing commission.
With Houzeo you get:
- An MLS listing within 48 hours
- Maximum exposure
- 5-star customer support team to assist you
All of this and more, just for a small flat fee of $349.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
FAQs on How to List on MLS Without a Realtor in Oklahoma
1. Can a private seller list on Oklahoma MLS
Only licensed real estate agents can list on Oklahoma MLS. However, private sellers can work with a Flat Fee service to get on the MLS without paying the 3% listing agent commissions. Check out our rankings for the top Flat Fee MLS services that will save thousands in commissions and get you on the MLS within 48 hours.
2. What does it cost to list on Oklahoma MLS?
It depends on whom you are working with. Traditional Realtors charge 2.5% to 3% commission to list a house on the local MLS. On the other hand, a low-commission broker will charge you around 2% commission for an MLS listing. The best option would be to work with a Flat Fee MLS Oklahoma company. They will get you listed for $300 to $400. Check out Houzeo's Flat Fee MLS plans that will save thousands in commissions.
3. Can anyone list a house on Oklahoma MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents can list houses on the Oklahoma MLS. As a For Sale By Owner seller, you can work with Flat Fee services that offer entry-only listings. Unlike traditional realtors, they do not charge a 3% commission. Check out the best Flat Fee services near you.
4. When do MLS listings go live?
Depending on the agent or the listing service you work with, it can take up to 2 business days to make your listing live. With Houzeo’s fast listing service, you can get listed within a few hours. Discover how Houzeo works.
5. Is listing on Oklahoma MLS worth it?
Yes, listing on the Oklahoma MLS is completely worth it. Your listing gets syndicated to various local Oklahoma real estate websites which guarantee maximum exposure and more offers for your home. As per a study, homes listed on the MLS sell for 25% more than the asking price. Check out our in-depth research on the benefits of an MLS listing.