» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
The median price of homes in San Fernando Valley, CA, has increased by 7% as compared to last year, and now stands at $890K. Whether you are selling a house or buying one, a discount San Fernando Realty can help you get the best price.
Here are the top discount real estate brokers in San Fernando Valley, CA!
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in San Fernando Valley, CA
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||1% Broker Realtors||1%|
|3.||Ideal Agent||2% |
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in San Fernando Valley, CA
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. 1% Broker Realtors
💸 BUYER REBATE
1% Broker Realtors
Why 1% Broker Realtors is #2: 1% Broker Realtors is a discount real estate brokerage that offers real estate agent services for a low commission. They offer different plans based on the expertise of the seller and buyer.
1% Broker Realtors for Home Sellers
- Low Commission: The discount realty offers two plans for seller’s agent services charging a commission of 1-1.5% of the sales price.
- Limited Service: While the 1.5% commission plan offers full service, the 1% commission plan offers limited services, and does not include MLS listing, photography, showing appointments, and property inspection.
- Minimum Commission: The discount real estate agent charges a minimum fee of $8,000 for the 1%- Zillow plan and $8,500 for the 1.5%-MLS plan.
1% Broker Realtors for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: The low commission realtor offers two plans with 1% and 1.5% based on the services required by the buyer like showing assistance, inspections, negotiations, and HOA document consultation.
- Minimum Commission: For the 1% rebate plan, the firm charges a minimum commission of $8,5oo, while for the 1.5% rebate plan, they charge a minimum fee of $8,000.
- Additional Charges: It is also important to note that the amount of rebate offered by the firm also depends on the number of offers they write on the behalf of the buyer. They charge 0.25%(minimum $2,000) more commission if they submit more than 5 offers, and 0.50% (minimum $4,000) more fee if they submit more than 10 offers. This effectively lowers the buyer rebate.
👉 Our Take: While the 1.5% commission plan may be a good option, sellers who choose the 1% commission plan may have lower chances of finding buyers willing to match the listing price as their homes are only listed on Zillow and not the MLS. Moreover, the buyer rebate offered by the firm depends on the number of offers they make on the behalf of the buyer. This is not standard industry practice.
» How to Sell My House Fast California: Here’s what you can do!
- Listing on Zillow
- Listing on the MLS(with 1.5% plan)
- Yard sign
- Provide disclosures
- Offer negotiation
- Closing assistance
- Fielding email and phone enquiries(with 1.5% plan)
1% Broker Realtors has a 5.0/5.0 rating on Yelp.
1% Broker Realtors offer their services in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, including San Fernando Valley.
3. Ideal Agent
👨💼 QUALITY AGENTS
Ideal Agent, a discounted real estate broker, helps the sellers find quality agents when compared with their competitors.
Ideal Agent for Homesellers
- Top Agents: Ideal Agent has built a reputation of working with only the top 1% of agents. The agent matching service is free of cost, and there is no obligation to work with the recommended realtors.
- Marginal Savings: Ideal Agent charges a commission of 2%. This means marginal savings for the sellers against the average traditional listing agent commission of 2.5%.
- Delayed Processing: This creates a delay in the selling process. The sellers must talk to the concierge on the phone before the agent is assigned. This creates a delay in the selling process.
Ideal Agent for Homebuyers
- Not Buyer Focused: Ideal Agent offers no significant benefits for home buyers. Buyers can hire an agent, but they need to get in touch with their customer service to set up a call with the concierge. The agent will contact the buyers only after these steps have been completed.
👉 Our Take: A major drawback of Ideal Agent is that it does not make the process of home buying easier or beneficial for the buyers. Moreover, having to speak to a concierge increases the amount of time it takes to list a property. On the other hand, Houzeo.com helps sellers list their property in 8 business hours.
» Ideal Agent Reviews: Read This BEFORE You Choose Them!
- Qualified agents
- No obligation to choose an agent
- Add-on services like professional photos and more
- Good customer service
- Minimal savings
- Single-agent match
- Inconsistent agent results
- No customer dashboard
- No buyer savings
Ideal agent has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
Ideal Agent is available throughout the U.S.
💻 GOOD TECHNOLOGY | GREAT SERVICES
Redfin is known for its technology when compared with other realtors with low commission. They have a great user interface with features like Redfin home search and a platform to provide full-service brokerage.
Redfin for Home Sellers
- Packages: Redfin offers 4 different packages with a range of services to sellers. However, it must be noted that all plans also have varying seller agent commissions. For instance, the listing commission of the “Full Service” plan is 1.5 percent, while for the “Concierge” plan, it is 2 percent of the sale price.
- Add-on services: These add-on services include a real estate photographer, home search tool, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more.
- Sales Proceeds Calculator: With this feature, the seller can calculate the sales proceeds they will receive by entering an estimate of the sale price, outstanding mortgage, and the property’s location.
Redfin for Home Buyers
- Frequent Listings Update: Redfin claims that they update their listings every 5 mins. This may give the buyers prompt access to more listings, increasing options.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate as “Redfin Refund” in certain states. However, the buyer is eligible for the refund only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6500.
👉 Our Take: Redfin agents may not be able to give personalized attention due to a high volume of clients. Additionally, it takes almost 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS, according to Redfin’s listing agreement, while Houzeo.com lists it in 8 business hours.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Holistic services
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Average customer service
- Limited agent selection (according to negative redfin reviews)
Redfin has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs, Yelp, and Google.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets giving it a near-nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers in San Fernando Valley, CA, to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional real estate brokers. Some flat rate or low commission realtors offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they include all the features required to sell your property.
There are 3 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in San Fernando Valley, CA, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in San Fernando Valley, CA
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||1% Broker Realtors|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker in San Fernando Valley, CA, Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in San Fernando Valley, CA.
|Traditional Agent |
» Seller Closing Costs in California: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Similarly, approaching a discount realty that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs in California: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$399||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|GOLD||$499||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|PLATINUM||$399||Plus 0.75% due at closing. 1-year listing, maximum number of photos, virtual full-service with everything you require to sell the property. Unlimited term and changes included! No hidden costs at closing.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount realtors in San Fernando Valley, CA, do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
Even though the San Fernando Valley real estate market is not very competitive, it is a seller’s market. If you are looking to buy a house, a discount realtor in San Fernando Valley, CA, can help you get the best price for your home while saving you thousands in commission.
Last month, 45.6% of homes in the city were sold above the listing price. If you want to buy a house, a discount real estate broker in San Fernando Valley, CA, can help you find the best home as per your preferences and get you the best deal.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offers 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Additionally, Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell real estate in San Fernando Valley, CA, without paying high commissions.
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
» Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in California: Sell your home with flat fee MLS instead!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays closing costs in San Fernando Valley, CA?
The seller and buyer both contribute to the closing costs in San Fernando Valley, CA. The seller usually pays 8% of the sales price as closing costs, while the buyer contributes 2-3% of the sales price as closing costs.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Sacramento?
The top discount real estate brokers in San Fernando Valley, CA, are Houzeo.com, 1% Broker Realtors, and Ideal Agent.
What percentage do most realtors charge in San Fernando Valley, CA?
Traditional real estate agents in San Fernando Valley charge 5-6% of the sales price as commission. On the other hand, discount real estate brokers in San Fernando, CA, on average, charge 3-4% of the sales price as commission.
Related: san fernando valley realtors, top real estate agents in san fernando valley, real estate broker discount, real estate agents low commission, discount realty services, low fee realtor, discount brokers real estate, homelight real estateUncategorized