The home values in Indiana have spiked by 17.4% in the last 1 year. As FSBO requires extra efforts, many home sellers took the help of real estate agents (or companies) to manage their real estate transaction.
With nearly 20,000 Realtors, Indiana has sufficient manpower to handle the real estate services. In this blog, we have handpicked some of the best real estate companies in Indiana that you can rely on to help with your real estate requirements.
At a Glance: Top Real Estate Companies In Indiana
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|Houzeo||📱 Advanced Technology|
💲 Maximum savings
🌟 Stellar Customer Reviews
📃 Fast Listing Changes
|F.C. Tucker||💻 Best for Cutting-Edge Technology||⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ |
|RE/MAX Advanced Realty||📣 Plethora of Real Estate Services||⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐ |
|Schuler Bauer Real Estate||🏠 Residential and Commercial properties expertize||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
|The Hardie Group Real Estate Company||🧑 Quality Customer Service||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
( 104 reviews)
What Is The Average Real Estate Commission In Indiana?
The average real estate agent commission in Indiana is about 5% to 6% of the selling price. It varies according to the region, type of property being sold, and the representative agent. It is usually the responsibility of the seller to pay both the listing and buyer agent commission. This commission is then split evenly between the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
- 💡 SAVE ON COMMISSION FEES: You can finish all listing formalities with Houzeo’s 100% online technology within 60 mins and save the 3% listing agent commission. Get started here and use code “SAVE20” to avail an exclusive 20% discount on Silver+ packages
💲 Skip 3% Listing Agent Commission
Sell your home yourself with Houzeo technology for a flat fee of $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Reviews: 5 Top Real Estate Companies In Indiana
1. Houzeo – Best Overall
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Review and compare offers
- Manage showings with Houzeo Showings
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
2. F.C. Tucker – Cutting-Edge Technology
- One of the best and tech advanced real estate companies in Indiana
- Available nationwide
🏡About: F.C. Tucker is over 100 years old and was established in 1918. It is one of the top and independent real estate companies in Indiana. F.C. Tucker works same as any other real estate firm providing seller and buyer services along with dealing in relocation services, title services, and much more.
For Home Sellers:
- Quick Buy: With their QuickBuy® Immediate Offer Solutions, F.C. Tucker now offers you more than one way to sell your home. If you want or need to sell your home fast, we can help you get an immediate cash offer to sell your home fast and easy.
- Full service resources: Agents are backed by fully-staffed professional departments like IT, relocation, marketing and more. Buyers and sellers have the full service experience they desire with in-house Tucker Mortgage, Title Services, HomeServices and TuckerPerks – everything you need before, during and after the sale.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer Services: Their exclusive Buyer Profile System helps you save time and money as You get priority access to all homes that match your criteria, including Bank Foreclosures, Company Owned Properties and other Distress Sales. They help you to negotiate for a better price and finally help you close the deal.
👉Our Take: The popularity of the company can be derived from the fact that it is counted among the leading real estate companies in the U.S and the world. This forms part of top 500 real estate companies in the world based on number of sales. The company also identifies work of its employees with ample categories of awards.
Top Real Estate Agents in Indiana: Who’s the Best for You?
F.C. Tucker has a feature called MyTucker. It is an automated feature which will help:
- In getting emails when new listings hit the market.
- Allowing the sellers and buyers to save property based on price range, property type etc.
- In saving unlimited number of listings
The company has a network of local vendors that helps in the real estate transaction throughout. This network is called Home Services.
The company has a CRM, G Suite, and virtual tour product to add to the arsenal. As per certain sources, the company also uses Cloudflare DNS.
F.C. Tucker has a 4.3 out of 5 rating on Angi.
F.C. Tucker caters neighborhoods like Indianapolis, Carmel, Zionsville, Fishers, Geist, Westfield, Noblesville, Brownsburg, and more in the state of Indiana.
3. RE/MAX Advanced Realty – Plethora of Real Estate Features
- Best among the real estate companies providing E2E features.
- Available nationwide
🏡About: Founded in 1973 in Denver, CO, RE/MAX (short for Real Estate Maximums) is the leading global real estate franchisor and a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings Inc. With millions of agents in 115+ countries & territories under its hood, RE/MAX is the world’s best franchise-operated real estate company.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: We have advanced marketing and digital strategies that can help drive more traffic to your listing. offer cutting edge technology, comprehensive marketing strategies help streamline the process.
- Online listing: Online listings feature information specific to each property and property images that gives potential buyers an instant preview.
For Home Buyers:
- Interactive Map Search: The map search available on the RE/MAX website helps view homes located in or near the area you desire and helps learn more about the communities you are interested in, including a breakdown of the local population, school ratings and more.
- Re/MAX agents: can help you to determine your buying power how much you can afford, how much you should put towards a down payment, and can walk you through loan options and other costs or fees associated with purchasing a home.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX (Real Estate Maximums) is a well-known real estate company in the world. RE/MAX, which has more than 125,000 agents across the country, was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
Selling a house in Indiana: What you need to know!
There was no substantial technical data found online. According to a few sources, RE/MAX does use HTML5, Google Analytics, and jQuery.
RE/MAX Advanced Realty has a 4.6 out of 5 rating on Google.
RE/MAX Advanced Realty caters neighborhoods like Indianapolis, West Carmel, Avon, Geist, Greenfield, Plainfield, Fishers, and more.
4. Schuler Bauer – Great for Residential and Commercial Properties
- Top choice for real estate companies for rentals, residential, and commercial properties in Indiana.
- Available nationwide
- 5.0 /5.0
🏡About: Schuler Bauer, one of the popular real estate companies in Indiana, has a rich history and has gone through many changes and mergers to be what they are today. The journey of Schuler Bauer started in 1967 and they still consider customer their highest priority.
For Home Sellers:
- Local Experts: Schuler Bauer is locally owned and locally committed, combining old-fashion, personal service with the latest technology to give you the treatment and the edge you deserve.
- Full Time Support: A full-time support staff promotes consistency and quality of service with five regional offices to provide you added service and convenience.
For Home Buyers:
- Mortgage Calculator: Their highly competitive in-house mortgage company will help you to determine how much house you can afford and/or qualify for, offering convenience and peace of mind.
👉Our Take: The company has a presence in Indiana and Kentucky. It has over 250 agents and 5 offices. The company claims to use advanced technology and tools to make the job of customers and agents easier. It is also one of the top real estate companies in Indiana with a rich history and customer satisfaction.
Realtors in Indiana: Who Tops the Rankings?
There was no substantial technical data found online for the company. But, as Schuler Bauer is powered by ERA, we assume that the company uses TextERA which makes the job of agents and buyers easy. The tech tool allows buyers to see all the product details and can directly contact the seller. ERA has claimed that TextERA is able to retain customers more than Trulia nad Zillow.
Schuler Bauer has a 5 out of 5 rating on Zillow.
Schuler Bauer services limited areas in Southern Indiana and a few in Kentucky.
5. The Hardie Group Real Estate Company – Quality Customer Service
- Top choice for quality customer service and land properties.
- Available nationwide
🏡About: If you’re searching a real estate company in the state of Indiana, The Hardie Group Real Estate Company could be your top choice. The company has a rich history and has gone through multiple changes over the years. Kevin and Nancy Hardie became owners of the original firm (Scoggins Real Estate – formed 1974) and changed its name to The Hardie Group Real Estate Company in 2000.
For Home Sellers:
- Expert Agents: Their expert agents have extensive knowledge of the Central Maine real estate market and the expertise necessary to sell your home. Some of their seller services include Free Market Analysis of your property Suggestions for preparing your home for sale etc.
- Market Analysis: By providing your address and a brief description of your home, the system will conduct a thorough comparative market analysis by searching the database for similar homes listed or sold in your area.
For Home Buyers:
- Priority Access: Priority access means you’re there first before other buyers, so you can negotiate the lowest possible price and your time is not wasted viewing homes that don’t interest you.
👉Our Take: The Hardie Group Real Estate Company has gathered praise from clients for its agents who are proactive and ever ready to help. Honesty and integrity is a part of their work ethics. It is also one of the leading companies national and internationally. The group has one of the highest market share as far as listing on local MLS is concerned.
» How to Sell My House Fast in Indiana: Here’s what You can do
There was no substantial technical data found online for the company.
The Hardie Group Real Estate has a 4.8 out of 5 rating on Google.
The Hardie Group Real Estate covers Kokomo, Howard County, and North Central Indiana.
Choose The Best Real Estate Company In Indiana
For Home Sellers
There are multiple options while selling (or buying) a house that can help the customers. While FSBO could be a good option to save real estate agent commission, a drawback is that you will have to manage everything on your own. Thus, taking the help of a real estate agent or real estate broker in Indiana may prove to be a good alternative considering the agent will help in the E2E process.
Considering multiple Realtors in the state of Indiana, it may be difficult to select the right one. Many of these Realtors are part of a real estate company. and thus choosing the right company may be crucial.
Here’s is what you need to consider before opting for a real estate brokerage:
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate company, inquire about the agents in the brokerage and their experience in the real estate domain.|
|2. Marketing Strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker/brokerage has with other real estate professionals. Network is key.|
|3. Dedicated Professional||Make sure you opt for a brokerage that has dedicated real estate brokers who will help in E2E process.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a real estate company and its broker should be able to guide you through the process of searching and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Hiring a real estate company that has experienced local Realtors can be beneficial as these Realtors know in and out of the place where you want to sell ot buy home.|
Some additional pointers that can help in your real estate journey:
|👱 Readily Available Agents||It is better to choose a brokerage that has flexible real estate agents and can work as per your comfort. Example: Showing Time flexibility is a big factor while selling your home and flexible agents can take care of that at your convenience.|
|✍️ Offer Suggestions||Ask real estate agents Indiana if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.|
|😇 Local Expert||As already stated, a local real estate agent is always the best bet for home sellers. The local agent will know about the neighborhood and the right price at which a house should be sold. This gives home sellers satisfaction and more control over the real estate transaction.|
|👨👩👦 Taking help of friends and family||The sellers/buyers may discuss with their friends and relatives the local real estate companies that are popular and effective.|
» Save: A local real estate company has leverage over other real estate companies because they cater to a restricted market and have in-depth knowledge of the area.
🏡 How To Sell Your Own Home In Indiana By Owner: Read Our Blog To Know How To Sell Your House Without A Realtor.
🌟 Looking For a Reputed Real Estate Company in Indiana?
Choose Houzeo! Houzeo is rated 4.9 stars on Google Reviews and Trustpilot. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
For Home Buyers
Not only as a seller, you need to take care of selecting a real estate agent as a buyer. Again, you will have to primarily opt for an agent from a real estate company that makes your buying process simpler and easier. Keen observation and research are a must.
Here’s what you need to consider while hiring a real estate agent (part of a real estate company) as a homebuyer:
|Point to Remember||Description|
|Good Communication||Communication is an important factor between the real estate agent and the buyer. Make sure you opt for a real estate company that focuses on communication and has transparent real estate agents.|
|Reliable Experience||Reliability is one of the biggest factors when it comes to choosing a brokerage and agent. You would want to work with a real estate company that has made a mark in the industry and also has experienced individuals with plethora of experience in the real estate domain.|
|Strong Local Market Knowledge||As stated earlier as well, a local real estate broker is always a good option because he/she is well versed with the neighbourhood and has accurate data in place. If you find an agent, make sure you interview him/her with questions related to local market expertise. Having the local expertise can help homebuyers in multiple ways. Questions like average time on market, approximate sale price, etc. will help you identify the right agent.|
|Read Reviews||Thorough examination of real estate agent and company reviews should top your list. Reading reviews can give you a holistic picture and make you understand what advantage or disadvantage does a broker/brokerage has. This may not be deciphered from their website as every real estate company/broker poses the same picture to the clients.|
|Personal Rapport||As you will be spending a lot of your time with your real estate agent, make sure target the real estate company and broker that has a good rapport with the customers.|
» MORE: Who pays REALTOR fees in Indiana
For Real Estate Professionals
As a real estate professional, you would need to consider multiple features to be a part of a real estate company:
1. Commission Split
When you sell a property, you need to split the profits with your brokerage. Real Estate companies have pre-defined commission split criteria. Some Realtors may be put on a fixed salary while some may work with commission criteria.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $250,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. This 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now, you’re down to 3% or $7,500. A 70/30 commission split means you get 70% of $7,500, or $5,250 while the remaining part goes to the brokerage.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, support and resources, and much more. With experience, you can enter into a contract with the chosen brokerage to have a good commission split.
Here are a couple of examples of a commission split:
|1. RE/MAX||95 / 5 (This comes as cost for the agent)|
There are other plans as well – 60/40, 70/30, 80/20
|2. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
As a real estate professional, your priority is to get a good income and have a stable work environment. Great company culture can help the real estate agent with a good personal-professional life balance.
Looking for a small real estate brokerage that has a competitive work environment or a large one with strict policies? The onus is on you to identify the right brokerage.
3. Reputation of the Company
The reputation of the company is one of the top factors to look for. You would want a brokerage that has both an online and offline presence and has a name in the real estate market. A good brokerage will always provide you with leads if it has a market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate company, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like RE/MAX and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized companies and are based locally. Working for an independent real estate broker in Indiana gives you more freedom to run your business as per your wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
Some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
» Indiana Seller Disclosure Law: Here’s Houzeo’s Guide On Seller Disclosures.
Best Real Estate Companies To Work For In Indiana
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s shed some light on the best real estate companies to work for in Indiana:
|Houzeo||Agents looking for good exposure in technology can consider Houzeo. Also, the company provides multiple features and packages that can help them with proper income. Working with Houzeo will also give a good exposure considering it is slowly moving towards being a leading real estate company in the US.|
|F.C Tucker||Primarily present in Indiana, the company encourages advanced technology. The company is over 100 years old and thus is a recommended option for real estate agents.|
|RE/MAX Advanced Realty||With the tag name of RE/MAX, the company has definite popularity in Indiana. The company had over 1,000 sales in 2021 which made it one of the best real estate companies to work for In Indiana. If you are looking for handling E2E services exclusively, this might be your option.|
|Schuler Bauer||A popular real estate company in Indiana that has a rich history in catering to customers. It has advanced tech tools to help its agents and clients. With a good market share, Schuler Bauer has a decent name in real estate industry.|
|The Hardie Group Real Estate Company||The Hardie Group is one of the popular real estate companies in Indiana. They not only deal in residential and commercial properties but also with land sales. With a professional team and great work ethics, this can be an ideal group for working in Indiana absorbing E2E services.|
Sell Your Home In Indiana With Houzeo
Hiring a real estate agent for real estate transactions could be expensive as you have to shell out nearly 6% in commission. This commission is hefty and is usually paid by the seller including seller and buyer agents. Another option is FSBO but it requires you to invest much time of yours.
So, what’s the alternative?
Today, many Flat Fee MLS companies have come up that provide similar services at a reduced cost. Flat Fee MLS Indiana company like Houzeo makes a listing available on the MLS at a much-reduced rate. The platform also provides A La Carte services at a nominal price. Thus, you save thousands of dollars with top-notch services.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$349||3.0%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
▶️ Click Here: What American Home Sellers Have To Say About Houzeo?
What Does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email email@example.com with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager To Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is the best FSBO and Indiana MLS Flat Fee Listing Service platform.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Traditional real estate companies are losing the war against flat fee MLS models with disruptive technology tools like Houzeo.com. In 2022’s unusually hot seller’s market, you should explore all options before deciding to sell with a real estate company.
Why pay 3% of your hard-earned equity in 2022 for MLS exposure if you can list your house for a flat rate?
The seemingly endless listing paperwork has been intuitively digitized in Houzeo so that you can list your house on the MLS with minimal clicks, usually under 60 minutes.
If you feel lost or need additional assistance during the process, you can check in with our 5-Star Customer Support team.
Resources for Selling Your Indiana Home
From pricing to listing to managing showings and negotiating offers, here’s our comprehensive guide on how to sell a house by owner in Indiana
Are you finding it hard to understand what are the seller closing costs in Indiana? Here’s our guide to making your house selling endeavor easier!
Home buying/selling is a complex process. In this blog, we have compiled a list of the best real estate websites in Indiana to help you.
Companies that buy houses for cash in Indiana with instant offers and fas closing. Read this blog & find who’s #1
Are you finding it hard to understand the seller disclosures Indiana? Here’s our guide to making your house selling endeavor easier!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the largest real estate company in Indiana?
F.C. Tucker is one of the largest real estate companies in Indiana based on data from IBJ.com
Which is the best real estate company to work for in Indiana?
F.C. Tucker, Schuler Bauer, RE/MAX Advanced Realty, and The Hardie Group are some of the best companies to work for in Indiana.
How many real estate agents are there in Indiana?
There are approximately 19,000+ Realtors in the state of Indiana.
For FL Home Sellers:
- Selling My House Indiana: Read our guide to have a smooth experience in selling your house.
- want to sell my house as is Indiana: Read our blog to know more on selling your house as-is in Indiana.
- need to sell my house fast Indiana: Check out the best options to sell your Indiana home Fast.
- sell my house fast for cash in Indiana: Looking to sell your house fast for cash? Read more!
- best time to sell a house in Indiana: Find out the best time to sell your Indiana house.
- how much are closing costs for seller in IN: This blog will answer all your questions about seller closing costs in Indiana and how to calculate and negotiate them.
- seller closing cost calculator Indiana: Here’s Houzeo’s Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator.
For IN Home Buyers:
- Indiana buyer closing cost calculator: Here’s Houzeo’s Buyer’s Closing Cost Calculator.
- how much are closing costs for buyers in IN: If you are a buyer, here are some closing costs you may have to pay when buying a house.
- How to Buy a House in Indiana with Bad Credit: Here’s our guide on how to get a house with bad credit.
Related: real estate companies in indiana, indianapolis real estate agents, indianapolis realtors, realtors in indiana, real estate companies indianapolis, indianapolis real estate agents, realtor indianapolis, mls listings indiana, indiana mls, indianapolis real estate, advanced realty, indianapolis realtors, realtor indiana, indiana realtors, indiana mls, indianapolis real estate, homes for sale northwest indiana, houses for sale northwest indiana, indiana houses, indiana houses for sale, commercial real estate brokers indianapolis indiana, duplex for sale indianapolis, homes for sale northwest indiana, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, houses in indianapolis, real estate photography indiana, how to stop foreclosure sale in indiana, how much is an appraisal in indiana, staging a home to sell