From Bowman to Grafton, home sellers across North Dakota dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home in North Dakota.
Our list of the best discount real estate agents in North Dakota will assist you in identifying the best one for your next real estate transaction.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% to 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in North Dakota
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|1.||Ideal Agent||2% |
|4.||Entry Only||$399 |
|5.||List with Freedom||$295 |
Reviews: 5 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in North Dakota
1. Ideal Agent
GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE
Ideal Agent is among the top discount brokerages. It is an agent matching service that specializes in home selling.
- Full Service – 2% Commission: The full-service package will get you all the services from start to end. This includes professional photos, negotiation, and closing assistance.
👉 Our Take: Ideal Agent is a good choice for home sellers. Although their overall online reviews are good, they are often inconsistent while matching agents with clients. They have no services for home buyers.
» What is Ideal Agent: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to know more about them.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that helps sellers find low commission real estate agents.
- Agent Matching: They claim that you will be matched with an agent from the top 1% producers in your locality.
- Pre-Negotiated Commission: Ideal Agent has pre-negotiated the commission with their agents. This allows sellers to focus on the other aspects of the transaction.
- Profit Maximization: Your agent will leverage the best features of your house and help maximize your sale profits.
- Dedicated Concierge: Their agents guide you in every step of the transaction from marketing, to negotiation assistance, and closing.
» How does Ideal Agent work: Here is a detailed explanation about them. Check it out!!
Ideal Agent has some drawbacks we came across in our research.
- Low Savings: Ideal Agent charges more than most low-commission companies, compromising your savings. You will be paying a total commission of 4.5% – 5% even with discounted listing fees.
- Additional Referral Fees: Ideal agent fees includes a 25% referral fee from real estate agents after successful transactions. Since you pay the agent, these fees are essentially going from your pocket.
- Outdated Technology: Their agent matching algorithm is inconsistent. Several customers complain about being assigned sub-par agents.
- No Buyer Support: Ideal Agent isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
Ideal Agent has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 5,727 reviews on TrustPilot.
» Ideal Agent Reviews: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to make an informed decision.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that bridges sellers and buyers with licensed real estate agents in their locality.
They offer a dedicated concierge but have weak technology. Customers who have worked with them prior have complained about hidden charges as well.
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is North Dakota’s best Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
In North Dakota, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329. The Silver package is priced at $399, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999). The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
- Listing fee: 2.5% of the sale price (or as decided by agent)
- Available in all major cities
- 4.7/5 (56 reviews)
UpNest is an innovative real estate marketplace that connects home sellers and buyers with agents in their area.
- Pricing: There’s no direct cost to using UpNest, but the savings are marginal. UpNest agents decide their commission fees. The discount rate varies.
👉 Out Take: We do not recommend Upnest for home sellers or buyers. UpNest’s network is reliable and quick, but savings aren’t guaranteed. You might end up paying more than you had expected.
» Is UpNest Legit? Find out if UpNest is legit!
Here are some advantages of using Upnest. No Obligation Service
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours timeline after signing up, UpNest will send you multiple agents you can choose from. If nothing fits, you can simply walk away.
- High-quality Agent Network: UpNest partners with top agents from leading national brokerage firms across the U.S. All agent matches remain unbiased, based on your criteria and preferences.
- User-friendly Dashboard: UpNest’s customer dashboard is intuitive and makes it easy to compare agent matches. It also features options to contact the matched agents or your UpNest Advisor with a single click.
» What is UpNest? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
In our research, we found some red flags associated with UpNest.
- Marginal Savings: The commission rates aren’t pre-defined. The negotiation ultimately relies on you. Past sellers have claimed that the lowest listing fee is 2% which is quite high.
- Inconsistent Customer Service: Customers have revealed that some UpNest representatives are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. However, rest of them struggle to answer simple questions.
» How Does Upnest Work? Agent-matching at UpNest is pretty straightforward. Check it out!
UpNest has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 from 56 customer reviews on BBB.
» UpNest Reviews: How Much Will it Save You in 2023?
UpNest connects you with agents in your area by utilizing technology and market data. They partner with top agents from leading national brokerage firms across the U.S.
However, your savings are not guaranteed. Your ability to negotiate would be the key factor in the deal. In other words, you may end up paying more commission, or discount rates won’t go low as you expected.
4. Entry Only
Entry Only is a discount real estate brokerage with a national coverage. They mainly cater to sellers but have some services for buyers as well.
For Home Sellers:
Entry Only offers 2 flat fee MLS packages and a flat fee full representation package that home sellers can choose from.
- Basic – $399: Includes a 6-month MLS listing, 20 photos, transaction coordination, flyers, buyer lead forwarding, and a yard sign.
- Enhanced – $699: All services of the Basic package + contract review.
- Premium – $999: This is a full-service package. It includes all services of the Enhanced package + negotiations before/after inspections and closing assistance.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: The buyers who choose Entry Only as their representative get upto 50% of the buyer agent’s commission as rebate. They also get assistance with property search, tours, offers, negotiation, contracts, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Enhanced Package for For Sale By Owner sellers. Though it is an entry only package, it provides the services a home seller needs.
Here are some key benefits of listing with Entry Only:
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All email inquiries will be forwarded to the sellers. In addition to this, Entry Only has a 24/7 receptionist service to redirect buyers and agents to sellers.
- Closing Assistance: Entry Only strives to make the closing process smoother by coordinating with buyer agents, lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, attorneys, and title companies.
- 2x Money Back Guarantee: If you are unable to sell your house through Entry Only, they offer a referral to a local traditional broker in your area. In addition to this, they provide a rebate of two times your listing fee (up to $999).
In our research, we found a drawback associated with Entry Only:
- Expensive Upgrades: Entry Only offers a significant number of listing upgrades. However, the ones that may boost the sale of your house, like a higher number of photographs, expedited MLS entry, and secondary MLS listing, are steeply-priced.
Entry Only has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 345 reviews on Trustpilot.
» Entry Only Reviews: Check out the customer reviews of Entry Only.
Entry Only is a part of the HomeZu network. With more than 20 years of experience, Jason Saphire, the managing broker, has cultivated an excellent reputation in the industry.
However, the company’s add-on services are not as competitively priced as their packages. Past sellers appreciate their low turnaround time and prompt service.
5. List With Freedom
NO PRICING ASSISTANCE
List With Freedom
List With Freedom is essentially a listing service provider and offers 3 packages for sellers:
- Gold Package – $149: This package allows listing for 6 months and 6 photo uploads with unlimited changes. Add-on services are charged separately.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos. You need to pay separately for add-on services.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee on Closing.
👉 Our Take: List With Freedom can be a decent choice for experienced sellers who do not require much assistance. We recommend the Platinum Package priced at $195 for easy listing. List With Freedom does not offer any services to home buyers.
List With Freedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee MLS services based in Florida. Here are some of their best features:
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make an unlimited number of modifications to your listings with any of their packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
- Quick Listing: The MLS listing procedure is fast, and listings are quickly syndicated to other real estate websites.
» How Does List With Freedom Work: Learn more about how you can sell your house with List With Freedom.
List With Freedom has two major drawbacks a seller should know about.
- Hidden Costs: List With Freedom charges between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing (over your one-time flat fee payment). This closing cost is not mentioned on their pricing page.
- Average Customer Reviews: They do not enjoy robust customer reviews. Past sellers said that their experience was just average because of the lack of pricing and negotiation assistance.
- No Buyer Support: List With Freedom isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
» List With Freedom Reviews: Should You List With Them?
List With Freedom has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 from 1,762 reviews on Trustpilot.
» Listwithfreedom Reviews: Check out customer feedback before choosing them.
Ralph Harvey headed List With Freedom has affordable MLS listing North Dakota packages that are ideal for an experienced seller. The listing process is quick and simple.
However, you can only get MLS listings with List with Freedom as they do not provide any pricing or negotiation assistance. Pricing your home just right will attract more buyers but can be a complicated process.
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers in North Dakota are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5% to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with a discount broker is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers in North Dakota have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
2. Technology: Choose companies that use cutting-edge technology, offer online paperwork, and have a mobile app.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price. For example, UpNest ensures a buyer rebate of at least $150.
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in North Dakota
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for discount real estate brokers.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS North Dakota companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person North Dakota Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Bowman and other North Dakota markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in North Dakota.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in North Dakota make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in North Dakota and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in North Dakota: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in North Dakota: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much commission does a Realtor charge in North Dakota?
A Realtor in North Dakota generally charge around 6%.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in North Dakota?
Yes! Real estate commissions in North Dakota are negotiable.