Who needs a realtor? Well, nobody. They charge 5% to 6% in commission – that’s thousands of your dollars. And they don’t do much. Except they will list your property on your local MLS.
The MLS is the most powerful tool in real estate. Homes listed on MLS sold faster and for 13% more than off-MLS homes. Whether you are selling a ranch in Huntsville or a condo in Montgomery, you need to be on the Alabama MLS to get top dollar for your property.
Only Realtors have access to the MLS. And to list you, they will charge a 3% listing agent commission. You will also have to pay the buyer agent another 2.5% to 3% in commission. Gosh… That’s thousands of dollars of your home equity.
But it’s 2023. Some of the best Flat Fee MLS Alabama services and For Sale By Owner websites in Alabama will get you listed on the local MLS within 24 to 48 hours, and for just a few hundred dollars. You get the savings and you retain full control of your sale!
What is MLS in Real Estate?
MLS or the Multiple Listing System is a local database real estate agents use to list properties for sale. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS.
There are 35+ local MLS’ in Alabama. You must list your property only on your local Alabama MLS. Only then the local buyer agents will be able to find your listing.
⚡ 4 Powerful FSBO Tips
- List on MLS in Alabama: MLS is the most powerful tool for home sellers. It gives you maximum exposure to home buyers and buyer agents. More exposure means more competition and a higher sale price for you.
- Price Your Home Competitively: Pricing your home right is probably the single most important factor in selling your Alabama home fast. Pricing too high means more days on market. Pricing low means multiple offers and a bidding war.
- Get Professional Photos: 90% of home buyers search for homes online. You are competing for clicks on Zillow and Houzeo. Get pro photos done – more clicks online means more showings and more offers!
- Offer a Competitive Buyer Agent Commission: We hate commissions. But you can make buyer agents work for you by paying them a commission. Check with local realtors what a competitive commission is in your area.
What are the Benefits of Listing on the MLS in AL?
There are 5 key benefits of being on the MLS.
- Max Exposure = Higher Sale Price: MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites. All that exposure means more competition for your property and a higher sale price. Listings on the MLS sold for 17% more than off-MLS listings – That’s thousands of dollars in your pocket!
- Marketing to Buyer Agents: 86% of home sales involve buyer agents who have access to the MLS. Thus, MLS is the most efficient way to market your house to buyer agents.
- Attracting More Buyer Agents: MLS’ allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission. Given that most transactions involve a buyer agent, this will allow you to attract top-dollar for your property.
- Faster Sale: Bright MLS found that listings on the MLS sell faster than those not on the MLS. This makes sense given all the extra exposure MLS provides.
- Getting Cash Offers: Almost all Alabama cash home buyers scour the MLS for properties. This includes iBuyers, investors, and home flippers.
Should I List on MLS with a Full-Service Realtor in Alabama?
We do not recommend listing with a full-service Realtor in Alabama. The 3% listing agent commission a Realtor will charge you is too expensive. And the biggest benefit a Alabama Realtor provides is access to the MLS.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS services. You’ll be in control of your sale, and save thousands in commission.
⭐ Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is the only Flat Fee MLS service with 5-star ratings from thousands of home sellers!
How to Get an MLS Listing Without a Realtor in Alabama?
Only licensed real estate agents have access to Alabama MLS. There is no way to list on MLS without using an agent.
But you don’t have to pay thousands in commissions to get on this MLS. You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. It is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the Alabama real estate market.
You can get listed faster with high-tech FSBO sites like Houzeo than with a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
Steps to List Your Home on the MLS
- Research to discover the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you.
- Purchase a Flat Fee MLS listing plan.
- Provide your property details.
- Attach professional photographs with your listing.
- Sign the listing agreement.
- Accept the draft and your listing will be live on the MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS Alabama Listing?
Flat Fee MLS is a type of listing service that lists your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. Unlike traditional Realtors, Flat Fee MLS listing services do not charge you a hefty commission of 3%.
Flat Fee MLS listings are typically known as “entry-only” listings or Flat Rate MLS listings. The broker or the company only helps the seller list on MLS for a flat fee. If you need additional help or services, you have to pay additional charges.
Here’s how how to create a listing on MLS in 4 steps:
- Find the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: Choose a Flat Fee MLS listing service to list your house on the local MLS. Several Flat Fee MLS companies are notorious for very high hidden fees. Research Flat Fee MLS listing services in Alabama before you choose one.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Most services offer a DIY Alabama MLS listing plan and a virtual full-service plan. In a virtual full-service plan, a licensed real estate broker provides all the assistance virtually.
- Provide Property Photos and Information: Attach good-quality pictures of your house. Opt for professional Alabama real estate photographers. Homes photographed professionally sell 32% faster. Also, professional photos make your listing more attractive and appealing. Remember, you’re competing for clicks online.
- Sign the Listing Agreement: You will be required to sign the listing agreement and complete Alabama’s seller disclosures. If everything is in order, the real estate broker will list your home within 24 to 48 hours!
» Alabama MLS Listing For Sale by Owner: Get listed on AL MLS by owner within 24 hours & market your property now!
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Alabama?
It depends on whether you’re working with a full-service or a flat rate MLS listing Alabama service like Houzeo.
A full-service agent generally charges you around 2%-3% commission. On the other hand, you can potentially save a lot by using a Flat Fee MLS listing service. Houzeo costs $349 for most home sellers.
Here’s how much listing for sale by owner on MLS costs:
- Upfront Flat Fee: This is the amount you’ll pay to get on the MLS. Typically it is between $300 and $500.
- Fees at Closing: Most Flat Fee MLS services will not charge any additional fee unless you are in a minimum service state.
- Hidden Charges 🚩: Many unscrupulous brokers will reel you in with a $99 listing. Beware – that’s just the start. You’ll be paying $500+ in hidden fees. A $50-yard sign will be sold you to for $135. Some brokers may demand extra charges at closing when it would be too late to do anything.
» SAVE: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the pricing page.
What are the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in AL?
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. List with Freedom||$295||0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
*Varies across states
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy! Confirm all prices on the state’s pricing page before you list.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo mobile app is also very powerful.
- No Hidden Fees: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS by owner. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission.
Houzeo.com is Alabama’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package is priced at $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 0.1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our packages.
Book a FREE Call
2. List with Freedom
List With Freedom provides 3 packages which range from $149 – $295.
- Gold Package – $149: This package allows listing for 6 months and 6 photo uploads with unlimited changes.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee on closing.
👉 Our Take: List With Freedom can be a decent choice for experienced sellers. Their MLS Gold package at $149 is affordable.
» What is List With Freedom? Read this to know more about the company.
List With Freedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee MLS services based out of Florida. Here are some of their best features:
- Cheap Pricing Plans: List With Freedom listings start at $149.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make unlimited modifications to any of their packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
» Is List With Freedom Worth It?: Read our in-depth review on List With Freedom
List With Freedom has two major drawbacks you should know about.
- Hidden Costs: ListWithFreedom charges between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing (over your one-time flat fee payment). This closing cost is not mentioned on their pricing page.
- Average Customer Reviews: ListWithFreedom does not enjoy robust customer reviews. Past sellers said that their experience was just average thanks to the lack of pricing and negotiation assistance.
Ralph Harvey headed List With Freedom has affordable listing packages that are ideal for an experienced seller. The listing process is quick and simple.
But you can only get MLS listings with List with Freedom as they do not provide any pricing or negotiation assistance. If you are new to the real estate market you will need guidance throughout the selling process!
Beycome Brokerage Realty LLC offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages for homeowners:
- Basic Package – $99: This package will get you listed on the MLS with unlimited changes to your listing. This package is available in all the 10 states they cover.
- Enhanced Package – $399: You get a yard sign, a featured listing on Beycome’s website, flyers, brochures, and one key lockbox. You can also add a virtual tour video to your listing. This package is available only in 8 states.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: This is essentially a virtual full-service package that includes assistance till closing. They charge 1% of the sale price at closing with this package. This package is available only in 6 states.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable, and their technology is useful. However, they own a title company which will be pitched to you repeatedly.
Beycome offers good service in the selected states they are available in:
- Unrestricted Revisions and Edits: You can make unlimited changes in description, photos, or price adaptions in your listing. You can also easily switch to a full-service package anytime.
- Expert Assistance: You can get expert assistance on all 7 days of the week in English and Spanish.
» Pros and Cons of Beycome: Read about the advantages and drawbacks before dealing with Beycome.
In our research, we came across some deal breakers with Beycome.
- Upselling Title Service: Beycome also owns a title company, which will be pitched to you repeatedly.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome is only available in 10 states.
- Average Customer Reviews: Most sellers had to manage logistics, price negotiation showings, and closing all by themselves. Sellers also complained about the lack of customer support and the delay in resolving issues.
- Average Technology: Beycome technology helps you with listing your home on the MLS. Leads, inspections, appraisals, etc. are managed offline so the process can be cumbersome.
- Only for Experienced Sellers: You need to have a good hand on buying and selling real estate, including closing costs and seller disclosures.
Beycome’s MLS listing packages are reasonably priced and offer legal forms, seller disclosures, an Open House scheduler, and customer support. We recommend the $399 Enhanced Package for FSBO home sellers.
Beycome’s technology is limited and won’t help you with scheduling and review of home inspections, appraisals, and closings. Separately, you’ll have to be very diligent and manage leads manually outside the platform too.
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
Local Alabama Flat Fee MLS listing services will provide packages for listing your home on local MLS for a flat fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Huntsville: Huntsville, Alabama Flat Fee MLS listing providers maximize your home’s exposure & have the local market expertise. The fixed fee MLS rate in Huntsville ranges between $99 to $599.
- Flat Fee MLS Birmingham: Birmingham Flat Fee MLS listing services give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. The fixed fee MLS rate is between $99 and $999.
My Responsibilities with an AL Flat Fee MLS Listing Service
With a Flat Fee MLS “only” listing, you are essentially your own agent. From showings to negotiations, you control everything. Here are a few tips to ensure a smooth listing process with a Flat Fee MLS company:
- Provide Accurate Information: While listing your property on MLS yourself, be sure to provide accurate information.
- Use Own Photos: Make sure you own the copyright for the photos you upload. You can either click the photos yourself or hire a professional real estate photographer.
- Ensure MLS Listing Status is Updated Promptly: Mark your listing as “Sale Pending” within 24 hours (or sooner) after accepting an offer. Provide executed documents, promptly. MLS fines can absolutely ruin your day.
- Ensure “Active” Listings are Available for Showings: If a listing is “Active” on the MLS, make sure it’s available for showing. When you go live on the MLS, ensure you’re ready to show your property.
How to List on MLS for Free in Alabama?
You can list on flat fee MLS listing Alabama without a full-service agent, but it is never going to be free.
Home sellers can list on the For Sale By Owner websites that provide nationwide coverage for free. But the exposure offered will not be as efficient as MLS. Because homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for 17% more.
This is where Houzeo can help!
Houzeo offers affordable MLS listing services. Your listing gets syndicated to 100+ real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and others. A FSBO MLS listing in Alabama via Houzeo is the easiest way to market your home.
How Long Does it Take to List a House on Alabama MLS?
A few hours. In most cases, listing on MLS by owner takes even less than 24 hours for your listing to go live on the MLS. This is possible if you’ve submitted all the required paperwork. That’s assuming there are no issues in your title and ownership.
The listing paperwork will take you approximately 45 minutes to complete. That’s thousands of dollars in savings for 45 minutes of work!
Most Alabama Flat Fee MLS services forward the order to local real estate brokers. The broker sends you the paperwork that you have to complete manually. Your listing goes live within 2 days of submission.
Houzeo instantly assigns you the right paperwork based on your location and region. And it is all digital. After you have submitted all the documents, your Alabama home will be listed within 24 hours, in most cases even sooner!
» For Sale by Owner Alabama Contract: Check out the FSBO paperwork you need for selling your Alabama house.
How Does a Flat Fee MLS Alabama Listing Save You Money?
Traditional listing agents charge about 3% listing commission. Flat Fee MLS Alabama listing services charge you a flat fee of about $300 to $500, saving you thousands in commission.
You only have to pay the buyer agent commission if you sell to a represented buyer. You keep the entire sale amount if you find an unrepresented buyer.
86% of buyers are represented by an agent. We recommend you offer a competitive buyer agent commission to get top dollar for your property.
|Listing Agent Commission||3%||$349 flat fee|
|Buyer’s Agent Commission||2.5% – 3%||0-3%|
|Total Commission||5.5% – 6%||2.5%*|
Apart from real estate agents in Alabama and Flat Fee MLS companies, here are the other ways to list your home:
- Take the FSBO Route: In an FSBO sale, you won’t be marketing your property in traditional ways available with Realtors. Instead, you will DIY your marketing strategy using for sale by owner yard signs and For Sale By Owner listing on AL MLS websites. The best FSBO sites in Alabama are Craigslist, Zillow, and ForSaleByOwner.com.
- Opt for a Discount Real Estate Broker: Work with a Alabama discount real estate broker if you want to list on the MLS without paying a 3% commission. Along with an MLS listing, discount brokers offer all services offered by traditional brokers, but for discounted rates. Some discount brokers worth mentioning are Homie and Houwzer.
Getting on the AL MLS is the best way to market your house to buyer agents. Houses listed on the MLS sell faster and for more. And…only licensed real estate agents can get you on the MLS but they charge you a 3% agent commission.
List with Flat Fee real estate companies like Houzeo to bypass the hefty listing commission.
With Houzeo you get:
- An MLS listing within 48 hours
- Maximum exposure
- 5-star customer support team to assist you
All of this and more, just for a small flat fee of $349.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read this exclusive Houzeo review and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
FAQs on How to List on MLS Without a Realtor in Alabama
1. Can a private seller list on Alabama MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents can list on Alabama MLS. However, private sellers can work with a Flat Fee service to get on the MLS without paying the 3% listing agent commissions. Check out our rankings for the top Flat Fee MLS services in Alabama that will save thousands in commissions and get you on the MLS within 48 hours.
2. What does it cost to list on Alabama MLS?
It depends on whom you are working with. Traditional Realtors charge 2.5% to 3% commission to list a house on the local MLS. On the other hand, a discount broker will charge you around 1%-2% commission for an MLS listing. Home buying companies offer only 50-70% of the fair market value of the house.
✅ Tip: The best option would be to work with a Alabama Flat Fee MLS company and get on MLS for a flat fee of $200-$350.
3. Is listing on Alabama MLS worth it?
Yes, listing on the Alabama MLS is worth it. Your listing gets syndicated to various local Alabama real estate websites. This guarantees maximum exposure and more offers for your home. Check out our in-depth research on the benefits of an MLS listing.
4. When do MLS listings go live?
Depending on the agent or the listing service you work with, it can take up to 2 business days to make your listing live. With Houzeo’s fast listing service, you can get listed within a few hours. Discover how Houzeo works.
5. Can anyone list a house on Alabama MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents can list houses on the Alabama MLS. As a For Sale By Owner seller, you can work with Flat Fee services that offer entry-only listings. Unlike traditional realtors, they do not charge a 3% commission.
» List on Alabama's #1 FSBO Site: Save your hard earned equity by selling your home yourself!
6. Should I sell my house now or wait till 2024?
Yes, you should sell your house NOW! So far, 5M home sales have happened in 2023 and most of them sold above the asking price. To sell your home now, licensed brokers recommend you follow these tips:
1. List on Alabama MLS
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission.
3. Set a realistic asking price - don't overprice or underprice your home!
4. Invest in real estate photography & upload high quality photos.
how to get on Alabama mls without a realtor, how to get mls listing without realtor in Alabama, how to list on Alabama mls as a realtor, how to get your home on mls in Alabama, listing mls without Alabama realtor, how to list for sale by owner on Alabama mls, posting for sale by owner on mls, can for sale by owner list on mls in Alabama, how to list mls by owner in Alabama, can anyone list on mls in Alabama, can you use mls without being a realtor in al,
can you list your home on mls without a realtor in al, how to list on mls for sale by owner in al, how to list Alabama house on mls by owner, how to post on mls in Alabama, list Alabama home on mls by owner, how to get listed on mls in Alabama, how to get access to mls without being a realtor in al, list fsbo on Alabama MLS, how to list a home on Alabama mls, how to list on mls through zillow, mls online Alabama, Alabama mls real estate, real estate Alabama, real estate al, list my home on mls without a realtor in al, how to get Alabama house listed on MLS