» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
The home of rock and roll, Cleveland is a blend of rich history, culture, and nature. What’s more, the cost of living in the city is 27.4% less than the national average. This makes a high-quality life affordable even as the average home price have increased by 5.7% since last year.
Currently, the Cleveland, Ohio, real estate market is balanced. Whether you are selling or buying a home in Cleveland, one way to make the most profit is to opt for discount realtors who charge low commissions.
Here are some of the best discount real estate brokers in Cleveland, Ohio!
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Cleveland, Ohio
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Homes That Click Realtors||1% |
|3.||2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc||2% |
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Cleveland, Ohio
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Homes That Click Realtors
Homes That Click Realtors
Why Homes That Click Realtors is #2: Homes That Click Realtors is a low commission discount real estate brokerage. They also offer buyer agent services.
Home That Click Realtors for Home Sellers
- Minimum Fee: The discount realtor charges a commission of 1% or a minimum fee of $3000, whichever is higher.
- Full Service: Services offered by Homes That Click Realtors include in-home consultation, professional photography, and contract assistance, to name a few.
- Bidder’s Advantage: This feature offered by the discount brokerage allows a buyer to see the competitive offers in real time, boosting the buyer’s offer price. This helps sellers get the best price for their homes. Sellers can set a minimum bid price, and buyers can submit an offer lower than the listed price.
Home That Click Realtor for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: The low commission realtor offers a 30% commission rebate to buyers who purchase new construction homes.
👉 Our Take: Home That Clicks Realtors can be a great option for sellers. However, they do not offer any significant benefits for buyers who want to purchase pre-owned homes.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Cleveland, Ohio, Listing Services: Save More by Opting for Flat Fee MLS Options!
- MLS listing
- Exposure to Zillow Trulia, Realtor.com, and other 500+ websites
- In-home consultation
- Professional photographs
- Yard sign
- Contract negotiations
- Property inspection
- Assistance woth closing and appraisals
Homes That Click Realtors have an average rating of 4.9/5.0 on Google.
Homes That Click offer their services in Columbus and other parts of Ohio.
3. 2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc
💵 FLAT RATE REALTOR
2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc
Why 2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc is #3: 2100 Realty Seller Choice offers discount brokerage services for a flat rate. They also have a Flat Fee MLS package.
2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc for Home Sellers
- Flat Rate: The low cost real estate agents offer seller’s agent services for a flat rate of $2100.
- Full Service: Services offered by 2100 Realty Sellers Choice include Competitive Market Analysis report, professional photography, and pricing guidance, to name a few.
- No Upfront Fee: The flat fee is due at closing. They do not charge any upfront fee.
2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc for Home Buyers
- No Buyer Rebate: The discount brokerage offers buyer’s agent services. However, they do not give buyers rebates.
👉 Our Take: 2100 Realty Sellers Choice does not offer any significant benefits, like buyer rebates, to buyers. However, the discount realty can prove economical for sellers.
» How to Sell a House By Owner in Ohio: 2022 Updates!
- MLS listing
- Exposure to websites like Realtor.com, Zillow, and Trulia
- Competitive Market Analysis report
- Pricing guidance
- Professional photography
- Yard sign
- Scheduling showings
- Contract negotiation
- Closing assistance
No credible reviews were found.
2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc offers services in Northeast Ohio.
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
Redfin is one of the most well-known discount real estate brokerages in the United States. This low-commission brokerage specializes in home buying.
1% Discount: If you buy and sell a home with Redfin within a year, you pay only a 1% commission, instead of the standard 1.5%.
👉 Our Take: Redfin is one of the good nationwide low-commission real estate companies. However, their agents have the added pressure of handling multiple clients at a given time, thus making their approach less personalized.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
Redfin is one of the most popular low-fee real estate brokerages, known primarily for its technological features.
- Advanced Technology: Redfin has technology that helps users ease through the sale.
- Buyer Rebate: You get a ‘Redfin Refund’ of 0.5% if you sell and buy within a year. However, this is only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6,500. This option is only available in the Full Service plan.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Redfin Recommendations: Redfin simplifies the buying process by recommending required stakeholders, such as mortgage lenders and home inspectors. This streamlines the process and makes it hassle-free.
- Mobile App: Redfin offers a mobile app that allows you to browse houses, list them for sale, and contact brokers.
- Wide Coverage: Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets, giving it near-nationwide coverage.
Redfin is among the popular agencies that work low commissions. Here are some drawbacks we came across in our research.
- No Personalized Service: Due to its huge volume of clients, it might not provide personalized service.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 from 371 reviews on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: Check out the pros, cons, alternatives, and what legit customer reviews have to say about Redfin.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed individuals who help clients to buy and sell their property at a flat rate or low commission. Some low-cost brokers offer full-service whereas, others offer limited services that may just include Cleveland MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, ensure that they include all the features you require to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount realtors in Cleveland, OH, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Realtors in Cleveland, Ohio
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Homes That Click Realtors|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker/Company over a Traditional Agent?
Let’s assume, a property costs $600,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. Through a traditional process, a seller can incur closing costs anywhere between $30000 – $32000 – that’s too expensive. A home seller can avoid these exorbitant commissions through low commission or flat rate brokers.
|Traditional Agent |
» Seller Closing Costs In Ohio: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Similarly, approaching a discount realty in Cleveland, OH, that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much more inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs In Ohio: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||3-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$449||6-months listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$499||12-months listing + Virtual Full Service that includes everything you require to sell the property.|
Discount Real Estate Companies Who Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a discount real estate brokerage, you would want to know its coverage. All the discount brokers do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
As a thriving market, Cleveland is a favorable housing market for sellers currently. Discount real estate brokers in Cleveland, Ohio, can help home sellers pay lesser commissions with their services. Since sellers have more power during price negotiations, it is advisable to make the most of the current scenario.
Houzeo is a low-rate real estate company that will help home sellers to list their property from the comfort of their homes. Its customer-centric approach and advanced technology make Houzeo an ideal choice for residents in Cleveland to list and sell their property without paying high commissions.
» How To Sell A House In Ohio: Here’s What You NEED to Know
Frequently Asked Questions About Discount Real Estate Brokers in Cleveland, Ohio
How much do real estate agents make in Cleveland, OH?
PayScale, a known data company found that the average salary of a real estate broker is $43,443 at the beginning of their career. A mid-level broker can earn a compensation of approximately $51,683 and the individuals with more than 10-19 years earn approximately $67,453. This salary is influenced by various factors such as location, level of experience, and condition of the company.
Can you negotiate realtor fees in Cleveland, OH?
Yes, you can negotiate realtor fees if you know your property's worth. A seller can negotiate based on the condition of the house, and the location of the property. It is advisable to negotiate in the beginning because unaware sellers can end up paying high commission fees which they could have avoided. So, negotiate on the terms both parties can mutually agree upon.
Who pays closing costs in Cleveland, OH?
Closing costs are borne by both buyer and seller. They pay based on the legal agreements and will have to pay separate amounts. The closing costs are higher for sellers because they have to pay the buyer and seller agent's commissions. Both buyers and sellers must be careful before doing the final closing and ensure they settle after a thorough check.
How much are closing costs in Cleveland, OH?
Some of the common closing costs in Cleveland, OH are loan origination fees, home appraisal fees, credit reports, home inspection, recording fees, transfer taxes fees, etc. All of these can be understood with the help of a broker. Closing costs differ from state to state, so it is advisable to research thoroughly before making any decision.
Related: flat fee realtor, Cleveland realtor, flat rate realtors, discount realtors near me, discount real estate brokers near me, discounted real estate brokers, low-cost realtors, flat fee MLS Cleveland, discount agent, sell your home in Cleveland, discount realtor Cleveland Ohio, companies that buy houses for cash in Cleveland OH, discounted real estate brokers, is homelight legitUncategorized