» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
Median home prices in Dayton have increased by 26.1% as compared to last year. Whether you are selling a home or buying your dream house discount real estate brokers in Dayton, OH, can help you get the best price, while saving you thousands!
Here are the top discount realtors in Dayton, Ohio!
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Dayton, OH
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Dayton, OH
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
What is Exactly: Exactly is discount real estate broker in Ohio. They provide full-service real estate brokerage services with full-time, licensed real estate agents.
Exactly Real Estate Services
- Flat Rate: Exactly has 3 flat rate packages. The full service package costs $4800. All fees are due after you sell your home. There are no upfront fees.
- Full Service: Exactly handles everything in your home sell from beginning to end. Apart from listing on the MLS, they will list on Zillow, Realtor.com, etc.
👉 Our Take: Exactly is a great option since they provide flat rate packages, full service from beginning to end.
» Flat fee MLS Ohio: Here are the best ones!
- Flat Fee due after you sell you home
- Listing on Zillow, Realtot.com and many more
- Professional Photography
- Custom Market analysis
- In home Consultation
- Professional Marketing
Exactly has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google.
Exactly Real Estate offers its services in Ohio.
💻 GOOD TECHNOLOGY | GREAT SERVICES
Redfin is known for its technology when compared with other realtors with low commission. They have a great user interface with features like Redfin home search and a platform to provide full-service brokerage.
Redfin for Home Sellers
- Packages: Redfin offers 4 different packages with a range of services to sellers. However, it must be noted that all plans also have varying seller agent commissions. For instance, the listing commission of the “Full Service” plan is 1.5 percent, while for the “Concierge” plan, it is 2 percent of the sale price.
- Add-on services: These add-on services include a real estate photographer, home search tool, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more.
- Sales Proceeds Calculator: With this feature, the seller can calculate the sales proceeds they will receive by entering an estimate of the sale price, outstanding mortgage, and the property’s location.
Redfin for Home Buyers
- Frequent Listings Update: Redfin claims that they update their listings every 5 mins. This may give the buyers prompt access to more listings, increasing options.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate as “Redfin Refund” in certain states. However, the buyer is eligible for the refund only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6500.
👉 Our Take: Redfin agents may not be able to give personalized attention due to a high volume of clients. Additionally, it takes almost 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS, according to Redfin’s listing agreement, while Houzeo.com lists it in 8 business hours.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Holistic services
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Average customer service
- Limited agent selection (according to negative redfin reviews)
Redfin has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs, Yelp, and Google.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets giving it a near-nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional real estate brokers. Some flat rate or low commission realtors offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they include all the features required to sell your property.
There are 3 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in Dayton, OH, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Dayton, OH
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||HomeLight|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker in Dayton, OH, Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor in Dayton, Ohio, will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Dayton, OH.
|Traditional Agent |
» Seller Closing Costs Calculator Ohio: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Similarly, approaching a Dayton discount realty that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much inexpensive for you to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs Calculator Ohio: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|GOLD||$449||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|PLATINUM||$449||Plus $549 due at Closing. 1-year listing, maximum number of photos, virtual full-service with everything you require to sell the property. Unlimited term and changes included! No hidden costs at closing.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount realtors in Dayton, OH, do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
Also called ‘the gem city’, Dayton’s low cost of living and rich culture make it a desirable city to live in. No wonder Dayton has been ranked as the 2nd best city to live in Ohio by U.S. News! 53.6% of homes in the city were sold below the listing price. If you are looking to sell a house, discount real estate brokers in discount real estate broker in Dayton, OH, can help to get the best price and save on commission, increasing profits.
Home values in Dayton have increased by 114% in the past 5 years. If you are looking to buy a home, discount real estate brokers in Dayton, OH, can help lower closing costs by offering buyer rebates. Moreover, if the seller has to pay a lesser commission, they will be more likely to lower the sales price.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offers 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Additionally, Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell their property in Dayton, OH, without paying high commissions.
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays closing costs in Dayton, Ohio?
The seller and the buyer share the burden of closing costs in Dayton, Ohio. Including the traditional realtor commission, the seller pays about 6-9% of the sales price as closing costs. The buyer contributes 2-3% of the sale price as commission.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Dayton, OH?
Houzeo.com, HomeLight, and Trelora are the top discount real estate brokers in Dayton, OH.
What percentage do most realtors charge in Dayton, OH?
Traditional Dayton real estate agents charge about 5-6% of the sales price as commission. On the other hand, discount real estate agents in Dayton, OH, charge 3-4% as commission.
Related: dayton realtors, dayton real estate, top dayton realtors, dayton ohio realtors, dayton ohio real estate agents, dayton real estate agents, real estate companies dayton ohio, top real estate agents dayton ohio, low commission realtors, low cost realty, discount realty, low commission real estate agents, low cost real estate brokers, real estate discount brokers, what is homelightUncategorized