From Las Vegas to Mesquite, home sellers across Nevada dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home in Nevada.
Our list of the best discount realtors will assist you in identifying the best one for your next real estate transaction.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% to 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Nevada
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||Home Rebate Nevada||1% |
|3.||Sell My Home LV||1%|
|5.||Homie||$3,500 Flat Fee||❌||❌||✅||✅|
Reviews: 5 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Nevada
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Nevada’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
In Nevada, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package is priced at $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
2. Home Rebate Nevada
Home Rebate Nevada
Home Rebate Nevada is one of the local Las Vegas real estate companies. They offer home-buying and selling services under the name Home Rebate Nevada.
Home Rebate Nevada for Home Sellers
- 1% Flat Listing Fee: It includes professional photography, an electronic key box, a front yard sign, exposure to websites like Trulia, Realtor.com, and Zillow, and open houses.
Home Rebate Nevada for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: They offer buyer rebates of 50% to 80% on any new or resale home purchased. However, these must be used towards closing costs or buying down the interest rate.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Home Rebate Nevada for their higher percentage of buyer rebate compared to other Las Vegas NV Realtors.
Here are some advantages of choosing Home Rebate Nevada:
- User-Friendly Website: Their website is easy to navigate and has a user-friendly interface.
- Higher Rebate: They offer a high percentage of buyer rebates compared to other Realtors.
- Professional Photographs: They provide up to 35 professional photographs.
We did not find any deal breakers about them.
Home Rebate Nevada has a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from 1 review on Yelp.
Home Rebate Nevada is a decent local option for home buyers and sellers in Nevada. They offer services like professional photography, buyers rebate, and many more.
However, we could not find any reviews from credible sources.
3. Sell My Home LV
Sell My Home LV - Steve Hawks
Sell My Home is a 1% commission realtor. It is a part of the Platinum Real Estate Professionals group.
- 1% Commission: This includes a professional photo shoot, listing on websites like Zillow and Redfin, yard signs, and an e-lockbox. They offer professional online virtual tours of some listed properties.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Sell My Home for its local coverage. They also offer 3D virtual home tours.
Here are some advantages of choosing Sell My Home:
- Market Exposure: They have good local market exposure.
- Experienced Team: Their agents have a good knowledge of the local real estate market.
- Cashback for Short Sale: They offer cashback on short sales. Their experienced agents guide you throughout the process.
We did not find any deal breakers. However, their website does not provide in-depth information about their services.
No credible sources were found.
Sell My Home LV offers services to homeowners to sell their houses quickly. They have good market exposure and experienced agents.
However, we did not find any credible sources for customer reviews.
BEST TECH-ENABLED BROKERAGE
Redfin is one of America’s top discount real estate brokerages. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and more.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Redfin’s concierge service. This service enhances the value of your house with a professionally managed design plan and no upfront fees.
» Selling With Redfin: Is it worth selling with Redfin?
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
» What is Redfin? Is it truly a smart choice to choose them? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you additional services.
» Redfin hidden Fees: Check this out to learn more about their hidden fees.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app. It covers 80+ markets in the US.
Redfin’s listing agreement states they will list your property on the MLS in 18 days. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
FLAT RATE PACKAGE
Homie offers one flat rate package for home sellers and a few services to home buyers.
For Home Sellers
- List at $3,500: You get agent representation, local MLS listing, exposure on popular real estate websites, contract negotiation, etc.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate Program: Use Homie Title, Homie Loans, or Homie Insurance to earn a buyer rebate at the time of closing.
- Homie Cash™: Make an all-cash offer with this feature and increase the chances of getting offers. You can close the deal in 10 days with Homie Cash™. But it comes with a 1% program fee.
👉 Our Take: Homie’s services can benefit both home sellers and buyers. But, they provide more services for home buyers including a cash rebate. So, we recommend Homie to home buyers over sellers.
» Homie Reviews: Does Homie really benefit you in the 2023’s market? Click to find out.
Homie offers flat rate services to home sellers and rebates to buyers.
- Agent Support: Homie provides agent representation services to home sellers. However, they do not provide in-person support and visits. With Homie’s agent’s support, an experienced home seller may find their service useful.
- Homie-to-Homie: Depending on the state, the seller can eliminate the buyer agent commission if they sell to a Homie buyer.
- Buyer Rebate: Home buyers can earn a buyer rebate at the time of closing. To get the rebate buyers need to use their services like Homie Title, Homie Loans, or Homie Insurance.
» What is Homie? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
During our research, we found some drawbacks in the services of Homie, here are some that stood out:
- Sub-par Agent Service: Customers have accused numerous Homie agents of miscommunication, limited knowledge, and lack of experience.
- Inconsistent Service Delivery: Homie has many real estate agents, but fails to offer consistent performance. Their services either are satisfactory or unsatisfactory with no in-between.
- No Advanced Tech: Some clients were disappointed with how slow and outdated their technology was.
- Limited Coverage: Homie does not provide its services to many states except Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.
Homie has a total of 4.3 out of 5 stars from 795 total reviews on Google.
» Homie Review: Does Homie really benefit you in the 2023’s market? Click to find out.
Homie’s $3,500 package allows sellers to list and sell their homes. Whereas, home buyers can earn a cash rebate, an all-cash offer, and more.
Homie is ideal for experienced sellers and buyers. Make sure you follow up with them thoroughly to get your job done.
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5 to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low-Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with discount real estate brokers is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
2. Technology: Choose companies that use cutting-edge technology, offer online paperwork, and have a mobile app.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price.
For example, Homie offers a buyer rebate of 1% to 1.5%. A $400,000 house will save you a whopping $6,000!
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Discount Realtor Near Me
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas discount realtors charge a fee of 1% to 1.5%. To make an informed selection, look into their listing costs, services offered, coverage, and technology.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Nevada
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Nevada.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Nevada companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Nevada Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Las Vegas and other Nevada markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Nevada.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Nevada make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Nevada and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Nevada: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Nevada: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much commission does a Realtor make in NV?
A Realtor in Nevada generally charge around 6%.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in Nevada?
Yes! Real estate commissions in Nevada are negotiable.