MLS is the most powerful tool in U.S. real estate. Homes listed on the MLS sold faster and for 17% more than off-MLS homes, according to a Bright MLS study.
So, whether you are selling a farmhouse in Eagan or a ranch home in Saint Paul, you need to be on the Minnesota MLS to get top dollar for your property.
Only Realtors have access to the MLS. And to list you, they will charge a 3% listing agent commission. You will also have to pay the buyer agent another 2.5% to 3% in commission. Gosh… That’s thousands of dollars of your home equity.
But it’s 2023. Some of the best Flat Fee MLS Minnesota services and For Sale By Owner websites will get you listed on the local MLS within 24 to 48 hours, and for just a few hundred dollars. You get the savings and you retain full control of your sale!
⚡ 4 Powerful FSBO Tips
- List on MLS in Minnesota: MLS is the most powerful tool for home sellers. It gives you maximum exposure to home buyers and buyer agents. More exposure means more competition and a higher sale price for you.
- Price Your Home Competitively: Pricing your home right is probably the single most important factor in selling your Minnesota home fast. Pricing too high means more days on market. Pricing low means multiple offers and a bidding war.
- Get Professional Photos: 90% of home buyers search for homes online. You are competing for clicks on Zillow and Houzeo. Get pro photos done – more clicks online means more showings and more offers!
- Offer a Competitive Buyer Agent Commission: We hate commissions. But you can make buyer agents work for you by paying them a commission. Check with local realtors what a competitive commission is in your area.
What is MLS in Real Estate?
MLS or the Multiple Listing System is a local database real estate agents use to list properties for sale. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS.
There are 10 local MLS’ in Minnesota. You must list your property only on your local Minnesota MLS. Only then the local buyer agents will be able to find your listing.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS Minnesota: Houzeo automatically assigns you the right local MLS for your property.
What are the Benefits of Listing on the MLS in MN?
There are 5 key benefits of being on the MLS.
- Max Exposure = Higher Sale Price: MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites. All that exposure means more competition for your property and a higher sale price. Listings on the MLS sold for 17% more than off-MLS listings – That’s thousands of dollars in your pocket!
- Marketing to Buyer Agents: 86% of home sales involve buyer agents who have access to the MLS. Thus, MLS is the most efficient way to market your house to buyer agents.
- Attracting More Buyer Agents: MLS’ allows you to incentivize buyer agents with a competitive commission. Given that most transactions involve a buyer agent, this will allow you to attract top-dollar for your property.
- Faster Sale: Bright MLS found that listings on the MLS sell faster than those not on the MLS. This makes sense given all the extra exposure MLS provides.
- Getting Cash Offers: Almost all Minnesota cash home buyers scour the MLS for properties. This includes iBuyers, investors, and home flippers.
Should I List on MLS with a Full-service Realtor in Minnesota?
We do not recommend listing with a full-service Realtor in Minnesota. The 3% listing agent commission a Realtor will charge you is too expensive. And the biggest benefit a Minnesota Realtor provides is access to the MLS.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS services. You’ll be in control of your sale, and save thousands in commission.
⭐ Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is the only Flat Fee MLS service with 5-star ratings from thousands of home sellers!
How to Get an MLS Listing in Minnesota Without a Realtor?
Only licensed real estate agents have access to Minnesota MLS. There is no way to list on MLS without using an agent.
But you don’t have to pay thousands in commissions to get on this MLS. You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. It is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the Minnesota real estate market.
You can get listed faster with high-tech FSBO sites like Houzeo than with a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
⚡ Register Now: You can start your listing for FREE and pick an MLS plan only when you’re ready!
Steps to List Your Home on the MLS
- Research to discover the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you.
- Purchase a Flat Fee MLS listing plan.
- Provide your property details.
- Attach professional photographs with your listing.
- Sign the listing agreement.
- Review the draft listing and get on the MLS.
What is a Flat Fee MLS Minnesota Listing?
Flat Fee MLS is a type of listing service that lists your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. Unlike traditional Realtors, Flat Fee MLS listing services do not charge you a hefty commission of 3%.
Flat Fee MLS listings are typically known as “entry-only” listings or Flat Rate MLS listings. The broker or the company only helps the seller list on MLS for a flat fee. If you need additional help or services, you have to pay additional charges.
Here’s how you can get listed on the MLS in 4 steps:
- Find the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: Choose a Flat Fee MLS listing service to list your house on the local MLS. Several Flat Fee MLS companies are notorious for very high hidden fees. Research Flat Fee MLS listing services in Minnesota before you choose one.
- Choose a Listing Plan: Most services offer a DIY Minnesota MLS listing plan and a virtual full-service plan. In a virtual full-service plan, a licensed real estate broker provides all the assistance virtually.
- Provide Property Photos and Information: Attach good-quality pictures of your house. Opt for professional Minnesota real estate photographers. Homes photographed professionally sell 32% faster. Also, professional photos make your listing more attractive and appealing. Remember, you’re competing for clicks online.
- Sign the Listing Agreement: You will be required to sign the listing agreement and complete Minnesota’s seller disclosures. If everything is in order, the real estate broker will list your home within 24 to 48 hours!
How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS in Minnesota?
It depends on whether you’re working with a full-service or a Flat Fee MLS service like Houzeo.
A full-service agent generally charges you around 2%-3% commission. On the other hand, you can potentially save a lot by using a Flat Fee MLS listing service. Houzeo costs $349 for most home sellers.
Here’s how much a Flat Fee MLS By Owner listing costs:
- Upfront Flat Fee: This is the amount you’ll pay to get on the MLS. Typically it is between $300 and $500.
- Fees at Closing: Most Flat Fee MLS services will not charge any additional fee unless you are in a minimum service state.
- Hidden Charges: Many unscrupulous brokers will reel you in with a $99 listing. Beware – that’s just the start. You’ll be paying $500+ in hidden fees. A $50-yard sign will be sold you to for $135. Some brokers may demand extra charges at closing when it would be too late to do anything.
» SAVE: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the pricing page.
What are the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in MN?
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Savvy Avenue||$495||None||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|3. Minnesota Flat Fee MLS||$149||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. 123 Flat Fee MLS||$599||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Real Estate Corners||$299||None||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|7. I Sold My House||$399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
*Varies across states
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Minnesota’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package is priced at $349, and the Gold at $399. The full-service Platinum package is priced at $349 + 0.5% ( Minimum $995) at closing.
2. Savvy Avenue
NO A LA CARTE OPTIONS
Savvy Avenue, LLC
Savvy Avenue offers 3 flat fee MLS packages
- Basic Package – $199: Includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. The listings get syndicated to 100+ local and national websites. You can make unlimited changes to your listing free of charge. Buyer inquiries are forwarded to you.
- Extended Package – $399: All services from Basic package + 25 photos, ShowingTime appointment calls/email from agents, seller’s property disclosure statement forms, 24*7 listing management, and a virtual tour.
- Premium Package – $499: All services from Extended package + listing term of 12 months with max photos and social media marketing tools.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 Extended package to get the most out of this deal.
Savvy Avenue is a good flat fee MLS option for sellers who are aware of their requirements.
- Local Exposure: Savvy Avenue offers services all over Minnesota. This can offer more exposure to the property, increasing the chances of selling at the desired price.
- Free Market Analysis Report: They can help you price your house competitively based on recently sold listings in your local area.
In our research, we found no red flags with Savvy Avenue. Moe Mossa has built a stellar reputation within the broker community.
Savvy Avenue offers 3 flat fee MLS plans to complement the experience the seller brings to the table. We recommend carefully analyzing your needs when selecting a package, as they are not customizable.
» Savvy Avenue Reviews: Check out what Houzeo home sellers have to say about working with Savvy Avenue.
Moe Mossa has 5 out of 5 stars in its reviews.
Savvy Avenue is our #2 ranked Flat Fee MLS service in Minnesota. Moe Mossa, the Managing Broker, has over 17 years of experience in the field. He has a deep understanding of potential seller needs, as reflected in his customer reviews.
Savvy Avenue covers all major MLS’ in Minnesota. Please note that the company does not provide any à la carte services. This may compel you to buy costlier packages with services that you don’t require.
3. Minnesota Flat Fee MLS
FREE STATUS CHANGES
Minnesota Flat Fee MLS
Minnesota Flat Fee MLS provides 2 affordable flat fee MLS packages.
- Package 1 – $99: Includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Listings get syndicated to Minnesota MLS, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and other local websites. You also get state forms and disclosures and free status changes.
- Package 2 – $149: All services from the basic package + 25 photos on MLS.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $149 MLS By Owner package as it allows more photos on the MLS.
Minnesota Flat Fee MLS is a good option for experienced sellers.
- Seller Information Disclosed on MLS: This makes it easier for the buyer’s agent to contact the seller directly.
- Free Status Changes: Both flat fee MLS listing Minnesota packages offer free property status change on the MLS. Please note that status change is not the same as listing changes.
- State-related Disclosure Forms: Both plans offer assistance with state-related forms and disclosure forms to make home selling easy.
In our research, we found some major deal breakers with Minnesota Flat Fee MLS:
- Manual Processes: This can cause a significant delay in the listing. Consequently, sellers can lose out on good deals.
- $99 Bait Plan: The basic difference between the two plans offered by Minnesota Flat Fee MLS is the number of photos, i.e., 6 in the $99 plan and 25 in the $149 package. Since 87% of buyers consider photos when deciding, most sellers will opt for the higher-priced package.
- Non-customizable Plans: Their plans are not customizable according to individual needs. They also do not offer any à la carte services.
Minnesota Flat Fee MLS has no credible review available on top third-party review webistes.
Minnesota Flat Fee MLS offers wide geographical coverage with access to 5 regional MLS’. In addition to this, they offer exposure to local real estate websites. However, this range does not translate well when it comes to the services they offer.
The company is low on tech, and most of the processes are done manually. This could significantly delay your listing process and make managing offers less efficient. Consequently, you could lose out on potential deals.
Their listing packages are pocket-friendly. However, they are not customizable. Moreover, the basic difference between them is the number and quality of photos. Since 87% of buyers consider photos when making a decision, you may be forced to opt for the higher-priced package.
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
Here are our reviews for Best Flat Fee MLS Minnesota listing services near you.
- Flat Fee MLS Minneapolis: Flat fee MLS Minneapolis, MN Listing Companies are low on tech. Also, one of the companies that we reviewed has high hidden fees.
My Responsibilities with an MN Flat Fee MLS Listing Service
With a Flat Fee MLS “only” listing, you are essentially your own agent. From showings to negotiations, you control everything. Here are a few tips to ensure a smooth listing process with a Flat Fee MLS company:
- Provide Accurate Information: While listing your property yourself, be sure to provide accurate information.
- Use Own Photos: Make sure you own the copyright for the photos you upload. You can either click the photos yourself or hire a professional real estate photographer.
- Ensure MLS Listing Status is Updated Promptly: Mark your listing as “Sale Pending” within 24 hours (or sooner) after accepting an offer. Provide executed documents, promptly. MLS fines can absolutely ruin your day.
- Ensure “Active” Listings are Available for Showings: If a listing is “Active” on the MLS, make sure it’s available for showing. When you go live on the MLS, ensure you’re ready to show your property.
How to Get on MLS for Free?
You can list on the MLS without a full-service agent, but it is never going to be free.
Home sellers can list on the For Sale By Owner websites that provide nationwide coverage for free. But the exposure offered will not be as efficient as MLS. Because homes listed on the MLS sell faster and for 17% more.
This is where Houzeo can help!
Houzeo offers affordable MLS listing services. Your listing gets syndicated to 100+ real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and others. This guarantees maximum exposure.
How Long Does it Take to List a House on Minnesota MLS?
It takes about 2 days to make an MLS listing live after submitting all the paperwork and listing contract.
Most Minnesota Flat Fee MLS services forward the order to local real estate brokers. The broker then sends you the paperwork that you have to complete manually. Your listing goes live within 2 days of submission.
Houzeo instantly assigns you the right paperwork based on your location and region. And it is all digital. After you have submitted all the documents, your Minnesota home will be listed within 24 hours, in most cases even sooner!
How Does a Flat Fee MLS Minnesota Listing Save You Money?
Traditional listing agents charge about 3% listing commission. Flat Fee MLS Minnesota listing services charge you a flat fee of about $300 to $500, saving you thousands in commission.
You only have to pay the buyer agent commission if you sell to a represented buyer. You keep the entire sale amount if you find an unrepresented buyer.
86% of buyers are represented by an agent. We recommend you offer a competitive buyer agent commission to get top dollar for your property.
|Listing Agent Commission||3%||$349 flat fee|
|Buyer’s Agent Commission||2.5% – 3%||0-3%|
|Total Commission||5.5% – 6%||2.5%*|
Apart from real estate agents in Minnesota and Flat Fee MLS companies, here are the other ways to list your home:
- Take the FSBO Route: In an FSBO sale, you won’t be marketing your property in traditional ways available with Realtors. Instead, you will DIY your marketing strategy using for sale by owner yard signs and For Sale By Owner websites. The best FSBO sites in Minnesota are Craigslist, Zillow, and ForSaleByOwner.com.
- Opt for a Discount Real Estate Broker: Work with a Minnesota discount real estate broker if you want to list on the MLS without paying a 3% commission. Along with an MLS listing, discount brokers offer all services offered by traditional brokers, but for discounted rates. Some discount brokers worth mentioning are Homie and Houwzer.
Getting on the MLS is the best way to market your house to buyer agents. Houses listed on the MLS sell faster and for more. Only licensed real estate agents can get you on the MLS but they charge you a 3% agent commission.
List with Flat Fee real estate companies like Houzeo to bypass the hefty listing commission.
With Houzeo you get:
- An MLS listing within 48 hours
- Maximum exposure
- 5-star customer support team to assist you
All of this and more, just for a small flat fee of $349.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
FAQs on How to List on MLS Without a Realtor in Minnesota
1. Can a private seller list on Minnesota MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents can list on Minnesota MLS. However, private sellers can work with a Flat Fee service to get on the MLS without paying the 3% listing agent commissions. Check out our rankings for the top Flat Fee MLS services that will save thousands in commissions and get you on the MLS within 48 hours.
2. What does it cost to list on Minnesota MLS?
It depends on whom you are working with. Traditional Realtors charge 2.5% to 3% commission to list a house on the local MLS. On the other hand, a low-commission broker will charge you around 2% commission for an MLS listing. The best option would be to work with a Flat Fee MLS Minnesota company. They will get you listed for $300 to $400. Check out Houzeo's Flat Fee MLS plans that will save thousands in commissions.
3. Can anyone list a house on Minnesota MLS?
Only licensed real estate agents can list houses on the Minnesota MLS. As a For Sale By Owner seller, you can work with Flat Fee services that offer entry-only listings. Unlike traditional realtors, they do not charge a 3% commission. Check out the best Flat Fee services near you.
4. When do MLS listings go live?
Depending on the agent or the listing service you work with, it can take up to 2 business days to make your listing live. With Houzeo’s fast listing service, you can get listed within a few hours. Discover how Houzeo works.
5. Is listing on Minnesota MLS worth it?
Yes, listing on the Minnesota MLS is completely worth it. Your listing gets syndicated to various local Minnesota real estate websites which guarantee maximum exposure and more offers for your home. As per a study, homes listed on the MLS sell for 25% more than the asking price. Check out our in-depth research on the benefits of an MLS listing.