In Jacksonville, Florida, 43% of buyers searched for properties online, while 20% contacted a real estate agent. Moreover, 80% of buyers found the property descriptions and photos to be very useful online. This shows that more people are using real estate websites to find their dream home.
A good real estate website increases your chances of getting an offer. However, it comes with a hefty 6% agent commission that you have to bear. An FSBO real estate website eliminates the listing agent fee. So, if you have to pay only the buyer’s agent commission, i.e., 3%.
Houzeo is one of Florida’s best FSBO websites. It offers maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer service, and listing exposure.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best real estate websites in River City. Here are our rankings:
🏅 Rankings: 7 Best Real Estate Websites in Jacksonville
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in Jacksonville
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $379+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+ 0.5 at closing: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+ 1% at closing: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- 100% Online: Houzeo offers a complete online listing experience.
- Max Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to popular real estate websites like, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and more.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- No Hidden Fees: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS by owner. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission.
Houzeo.com is Jacksonville’s #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers Jacksonville’s FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
Redfin does not disclose its pricing on its website. Buyers will have to pay common closing costs.
- It offers 0.5% buyer’s rebate. To avail this, you’ll have to buy and sell with them.
👉 Our Take: Redfin offers 1 rebate option. They have a strict clause for this rebate. There are other real estate companies, who are willing to offer a higher rebate.
» Redfin Reviews: The reality of the buyer’s rebate.
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: With 3D walkthroughs and 40+ filters to narrow down your search—The Redfin app makes it easy to find the right home from anywhere.
- Paired With Local Agents: Local agents know their market better. This can help you secure a good deal.
- Home Tour: You can see updated listings every 5 minutes on their website. You can also schedule a home tour for the same day.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
Here are some limitations we found with Redfin.
- Strict Rebate Criteria: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5%.
- No Freedom in Agent’s Selection: You get an agent assigned automatically without having a choice in the matter.
- Agents Are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you additional services.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
Redfin is Jacksonville’s best discount real estate brokerage that specializes in home buying. Also, you get a ‘Redfin Refund’ if you sell and buy with them.
Redfin has a very slow listing process. It takes almost 18 days to list on the MLS as per Redfin’s listing agreement. But, services like Houzeo will list your house on MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
RE/MAX has its headquarters in Orlando, FL. The company does not disclose agent commissions on its website. However, based on reviews you may have to pay 3% to 6% as commission.
- No corporate fee is involved with RE/MAX referrals. You can choose the agents or vice versa and set the terms of your agreement.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX is known for its reputation and credibility. The company’s agents will guide you throughout the entire selling process. However, the huge commission can be heavy on your pocket.
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Global Reach: RE/MAX has 100,000 agents, and its network is spread over 100 countries.
- Competitive Home Pricing: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Additional Service: RE/MAX Collection and RE/MAX Commercial offer specialized tools and advertising programs to luxury and commercial real estate professionals.
Here is a drawback of RE/MAX:
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has many customer complaints. Previous customers have also said that their home-selling process got delayed.
RE/MAX has a poor rating of 1.1 out of 5 stars from 300+ users on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
They have a wide presence in Jacksonville. Customers have given good reviews to RE/MAX’s real estate agents for their professionalism, in-person support, and ability to bring in good offers.
Realtor.com does not charge home buyers or renters any fees for using their platform. However, they do charge real estate agents fees for listing homes on their platform.
The exact fees depend on the agent’s location and other factors, such as home size.
👉 Our Take: Realtor.com seems to be a comprehensive platform for home buyers, sellers, and renters. They offer a range of services such as home listings, neighborhood information, real estate news, and many more.
Here are some advantages of choosing Realtor.com:
- Accurate Listings: Realtor.com claims to have an up-to-date listings of homes for sale and rent.
- Neighborhood Information: Realtor.com provides information about neighborhoods, such as school ratings, crime rates, and local amenities.
- Home Value Estimator: It provides an online tool that estimates the value of your home based on recent sales and other factors.
- Mortgage Calculator: Realtor.com offers a mortgage calculator that helps you estimate your monthly mortgage payments. The estimation is based on the price of the home, down payment, interest rate, and other factors.
- User-Friendly Interface: Their easy-to-use interface makes it simple to search for homes and access other features.
- REALTOR Support: It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). So, buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor.
Here are some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Offline Process: Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
- Poor Reviews: Many of their users complained about their customer support and realtor’s services.
- Unwanted Calls: Once you inquired about a property on Realtor.com, you start getting unsolicited calls from their agents.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 1.6 out of 5 stars from 1000+ users on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com has a lot of statistical data as it sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems. This information is updated regularly, making Realtor.com the most accurate real estate database in Jacksonville.
It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). However, Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures. These can be complex and time-consuming.
5. The Keyes Company
The Keyes Company is a full-service real estate brokerage. It serves both buyers and sellers of residential and commercial properties in Florida.
Listing Pricing is not disclosed on the website. This means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: The Keyes company is one of the oldest real estate brokerages in Florida. They offer wide range of services and have a global network.
Here are some advantages of choosing The Keyes Company:
- Add-On Services: It offers mortgage, title insurance, and property management service.
- Good Number of Realtors: They have 3,000+ Realtors associated with them.
- Global Relocation: The Keyes Company helps you globally relocate. It offers pre-move consultations, area tours, market research, even rental assistance.
- Mobile App: They have user friendly mobile apps.
- Agent Services: The website connects you to the agent and provides a list of homes that are up for sale. You can also request a scheduled tour of the house.
Here is a drawback of the Keyes Company:
- No à la carte Options: The Keyes Company does not offer any à la carte options to buyers.
The Keyes Company is rated 4.7 out of 5 stars from 10+ users on Google.
The Keyes Company has been active in the Jacksonville real estate industry for more than 9 decades. With 565+ enterprises and $372B in sales volume, they provide exceptional relocation services, whether you’re moving locally or internationally.
However, they do not offer any à la carte options. Previous customers have also stated that they received unprofessional treatment and complained of poor work quality.
Zillow offers the following listing plans for home sellers:
- FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
- Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: This is the traditional way to sell your home. An agent assists you through the home sale process.
👉 Our Take: You can list your home on Zillow FSBO free of charge. So, you save money on agent commissions, which are 2.5% to 3% of the home sales price.
» How Does Zillow Work? Read further to learn the process of Zillow.
Here are some advantages to choosing Zillow:
- Free Listing: You can list your home on Zillow’s FSBO website free of charge.
- Free Cancellation: You can cancel your Zillow listing without any additional charges or hidden costs.
- Market Exposure: It is one of the most popular real estate websites, with millions of visitors each month. This means that your listing will be seen by a large number of potential buyers.
- Nationwide Coverage: Zillow FSBO is present in all 50 states in America.
- Easy To Use: Zillow’s website and mobile app are easy to use and navigate. Users can search for properties by location, price, features, and other criteria.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Slow Listings: Your listing can take up to 72 hours from the time you submit your property details.
- Inaccurate Zestimate: Zestimate, Zillow’s property valuation tool is often inaccurate. This misleads both buyers and sellers.
- Limited Support: Zillow’s customer support may not match the level of personalized guidance offered by other FSBO companies.
- L Your listing information gets sold to Zillow’s agents. You’ll get calls not from buyers but from agents.
- Hide FSBO Listings: Zillow hides FSBO listings behind agent listings. FSBO listings are hidden 2 clicks away and get almost no traffic.
Zillow extracts the data from top MLS platforms. It assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on the platform.
As a For Sale by Owner in the market, you have complete control over pricing, negotiation, and decision-making. You can set your schedule, conduct showings, and manage the sale process at your convenience.
Trulia doesn’t charge users for features like browsing listings, photos, or contacting agents. However, renters do have to pay $29 rental screening fees.
👉 Our Take: Trulia is a good option for buyers and renters but does not offer much for sellers.
» What is Trulia Estimate?: Click here to get an actual value of your property.
Here are some advantages of Trulia:
- Extensive Listings: Trulia covers several property types, allowing users to explore various options.
- Neighborhood Information: Trulia keeps you updated with all the neighborhood information such as, crime rates, schools, amenities, etc. This helps you make informed decisions.
- Agent Connectivity: You can connect with real estate agents directly through the platform. This service may benefit you, if you want to work with an agent.
- Mobile App: They provide convenient access to property listings, saved searches, and notifications.
- Local Coverage: It offers a comprehensive map and filters, which make it easier to look for local information about the property.
- Best Calculators: Trulia has a mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator to serve you better.
Here are some red flags you need to consider before choosing Trulia:
- Pricing Information: Trulia does not publicly disclose specific pricing information. For detailed pricing and package options, agents should contact Trulia directly.
- Listings Can be Outdated: Sometimes even if the house is sold, the listing is not updated. This can mislead the buyers.
Trulia is a dynamic, powerful, and easy-to-use house-hunting website in Jacksonville. It offers the best home-buying features like a comprehensive map to narrow down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary that aims to be the one-stop solution for all home buyers. However, it does not provide FSBO listings.
Types of Real Estate Websites in Jacksonville
Real estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
- Home Selling Websites: These websites provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time. They also help sellers price their homes competitively and attract potential buyers.
- Home Buying Websites: These websites help buyers search for properties online. Perfect home-buying sites must provide efficient tools, adequate resources, and impressive features to work on.
- Best Rental Websites: Rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.
- Best Property Search Websites: The best house-hunting websites help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, plots, ranches, and commercial properties.
- Best MLS Listing Websites: The best MLS listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. These best real estate listing websites list on other MLS to provide greater exposure to the property.
- Best Real Estate Investor Websites: Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in Jacksonville, FL?
You can choose the best real estate websites in Jacksonville, FL, based on these factors:
- Maximum Exposure: Find a website that will give maximum exposure to your property. This could also include MLS listing, social media sharing, and customizable yard signs.
- Strong Technology: Websites with robust technology can make selling or buying a house faster and more efficient. Look for features like virtual tours, high-quality photos, and user-friendly interfaces.
- Responsive Customer Service: Having good customer service can make your real estate transaction go smoothly. Find a website that offers prompt and helpful customer service.
Why Houzeo Is the #1 Real Estate Website in Jacksonville?
Houzeo.com is the #1 real estate website in Jacksonville thanks to its combination of max savings, 5-star customer service, and cutting-edge technology.
- Max Exposure: It gives you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- 5-star Customer Service: You get assistance from the list to close with Houzeo Concierge.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to get access to the MLS.
- Real Estate On the Go: The Houzeo Mobile App allows you to access features of Houzeo’s web platform on any device.
Real People, Real Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best real estate websites Jacksonville?
Are there fees for real estate websites in Jacksonville?
Yes, almost all real estate websites charge listing fees from sellers. Some even charge convenience fees to the renter who wants to apply for an apartment. Although there are websites like Houzeo that offer listing services for free.
Are real estate websites safe in Jacksonville?
Yes, real estate websites are safe as long as you find the right sites. However, there are scam sites, so make sure to do your research before you venture in.