Whether you’re selling a condo in Missoula or a single-family home in Glendive, the 6% real estate agent commission will burn a hole in your pocket. But you can save thousands on realtor commissions if you list your home For Sale By Owner.
The most advanced FSBO sites don’t just help you save on commissions. They offer 5-star customer service and advanced tools to help you update your listing, manage showings, review and counteroffers, and close on the sale.
🚀 The Rise of FSBOs
- According to Zillow, 26% of Gen X’ers and 36% of millennials listed FSBO.
- National Association of Realtors found that FSBO homes sold faster than agent-assisted homes. 77% of FSBO homes sold in less than 2 weeks.
- MLS is an important FSBO tool. Homes on the MLS sold faster and for 17% more than homes not on the MLS.
- Houzeo.com is America’s #1 For Sale By Owner website. FSBO.com and Montana Flat Fee Realty are the next best options.
FSBO means selling your house on your own, unassisted by a real estate agent. There are 2 types of FSBO websites where you can list your home For Sale By Owner in Montana:
- Paid FSBO Websites: All paid FSBO sites will get you listed on the MLS – the most powerful marketing tool for home sellers. MLS syndicates your listings to Zillow, Redfin, Trulia, Realtor.com, and 100s of other websites.
- Free FSBO Websites: Free FSBO sites will limit your listing exposure to just those websites. No MLS exposure means less competition for your property and thus a lower sale price for you.
We have spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing For Sale By Owner websites in the Treasure State. Here are our rankings.
Rankings: 7 Best For Sale By Owner Websites
|FSBO Website||Fee||100% Online||MLS Access||Offers Management||Showings Management||5 Star Ratings|
|3 Montana Flat Fee MLS||$299||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Flat Fee Realty||$299||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Facebook Marketplace||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Zillow For Sale By Owner||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
4 Best Paid For Sale By Owner Websites in Montana
Paid FSBO websites list on MLS without Realtor in Montana for a one-time flat fee. We’ve ranked the best Flat Fee FSBO listing websites in Montana.
Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $329: This package offers MLS listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes an MLS listing for 6 months with maximum photos. It also offers unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package. It includes 6 months with maximum photos and additionally offers all the technology Houzeo is known for.
- Platinum – $349+: It offers a virtual full service with a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo for all home sellers. The company has an excellent customer rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. It has extensive coverage across 47 states + DC, a feat achieved by only a handful of other services.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 minutes.
Here are some pros of Houzeo:
- Save Thousands in Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Home sellers who sold on Houzeo saved $11,490 on average.
- No Hidden Fees: All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other FSBO sites.
- Advanced Technology: With Houzeo listings, you don’t have to go through the hassle of hours of paperwork. E-sign and online forms make listing quick and easy.
- 5-star Customer Service: Home sellers have consistently rated Houzeo highly at 4.9 stars out of 5.0. You are likely to have an excellent experience listing & selling with Houzeo.
- Mobile App: Houzeo’s mobile app lets you manage showing requests from verified buyers and buyer agents. You can either accept, reject, or reschedule showings.
Houzeo’s services are limited in Wyoming, South Dakota, and West Virginia. This means your listings may not get updated in 12 hours and may not get maximum exposure.
Houzeo.com is Montana’s #1 FSBO website, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo gives Montana FSBO home sellers affordable Montana Flat Fee MLS listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months. You can upload up to 20 photos.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Your listing is syndicated to popular real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of others.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here’s some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. As there’s zero online automation or downloadable resources, you have to do all the paperwork manually.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. For sale by owner reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 to $60 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental and showing service are priced at $150 and $75 respectively. These services are quite expensive compared to other FSBO Flat Fee MLS listing competitors.
FSBO.com has no customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» Forsalebyowner.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website. They offer 2 listing packages priced at $99.95 and $399.95. We do not recommend the $99.95 plan, as it offers the services that For Sale By Owner free listing sites offer.
Apart from listing houses For Sale By Owner, FSBO.com offers no major services. The à la carte items are expensive, and you’re charged extra for uploading more than 20 photos.
3. Montana Flat Fee MLS
Montana Flat Fee MLS offers you two Flat Fee MLS packages.
- By Owner – $299: This package includes a listing term of 6 months and 25 photos with access to all state forms disclosures. Also comes with a Realtor.com (Basic) listing.
- By Owner – $359: This package includes everything from $299 package. Additionally comes with a Realtor.com (Premium) listing and also has a “high impact photo listing” option.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $299 package to fulfill your Flat Fee MLS needs. as the add-ons in the other package are honestly not worth the extra $60.
Montana Flat Fee MLS is affiliated with Brokerless Inc, a web-based flat fee MLS provider.
- State Disclosures: You are provided with all the state-required forms and disclosures along with the package.
- Free Status Changes: They offer free status changes once you find a buyer.
In our research, we came across some drawbacks of Montana Flat Fee MLS.
- Additional 0.25% Fee at Closing: Montana Flat Fee MLS refers your listings in Montana to ListWithFreedom.com or other Flat Fee Brokers. They typically charge a 0.25% fee at closing. So make sure to read the listing agreement carefully!
- Low on Tech: The website is basic and has no features or even a dashboard.
- No à la carte Services: The services offered are minimal. They do not even offer any customer support or assistance of any kind.
- No Credible Reviews: Montana Flat Fee MLS has no credible reviews from any trusted sites.
Montana Flat Fee MLS has no credible reviews.
Montana Flat Fee MLS is a flat fee MLS provider that is affiliated with Brokerless Inc. Their platform lets the user submit their own listings. They have two packages with all the basic amenities for $299 and $359.
However, the $359 package only has two additions compared to the other package. They also have a basic website that is not easy to navigate and has no dashboard. While Houzeo has a convenient mobile app.
4. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee package are a listing terms of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Realty: Read our in-depth analysis of Flat Fee Realty before choosing them.
In places where it offers direct services, Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS alternative.
- Cost-Effective: Flat Fee Realty offers an affordable flat fee listing package.
- Free Changes: You can make changes to your listing without paying any additional fees.
- Easy Cancellation: You can cancel anytime and get a refund within 30 days of purchase. If you decide not to sell your home, some of your listing fees will be refunded.
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Zillow.com. All the major websites you would like to use to showcase your home.
- Free Disclosures: Flat Fee Realty offers free disclosures for all states.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Realty: Read further to know the advantages and disadvantages of Flat Fee Realty.
In our review of Flat Fee Realty, we identified some major deal-breakers.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: Flat Fee Realty charges 0.25% commission at closing. Even though they claim the buyer agent pays this, the entire commission comes out of the seller’s proceeds.
- Limited Coverage: The company’s service availability may vary and is subject to change without notice.
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
» Flat Fee Realty Reviews: Read our in-depth review on Flat Fee Realty.
These MLS For Sale By Owner packages include only an option to list on the MLS. With this package, you get free listing changes and related seller disclosures. You can add more than 6 photos to your listing by paying an additional $50.
However, Flat Fee Realty requires you to pay a minimum 2% buyer agent commission, 0.25% of which goes as a kickback to your listing agent. This means you end up paying a small commission to the listing agent at closing.
3 Best Free For Sale By Owner Websites in Montana
Free For Sale By Owner websites in Montana offer online exposure but don’t guarantee a successful FSBO sale.
5. Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace offers free FSBO real estate listing in its ‘Property for Sale’ section.
- FSBO Listing on Facebook – $0: You can list your property with some photos and basic details.
👉 Out Take: Facebook Marketplace is good for added exposure outside MLS or real estate websites. However, do not rely on it completely to get buyer leads. List on the MLS for credible buyer leads.
- Facebook has Millions of Users: Your property is advertised to millions of Facebook users. This certainly gives you exposure outside of MLS-syndicated websites.
- Facebook Marketplace is Not a Real Estate Website: Although it gives your listing some exposure, you don’t get assistance or FSBO tools. Its only purpose is marketing your property.
- Potential Privacy Attacks: Hackers can steal your personal data online. Make sure you have limited information open to the public while using Facebook Marketplace.
- No FSBO Support: Facebook Marketplace is not a real estate website. That’s why home sellers do not get any selling-related assistance.
- You can get scammed: Scammers and fraudsters target FSBO home sellers on Facebook Marketplace to make phony offers. If you get an offer that is too good to be true, high chances are it is a scam.
Facebook Marketplace has no customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
Facebook Marketplace is a popular classifieds site, where you can list your property. It is not a For Sale By Owner website. We recommend Facebook Marketplace to maximize your exposure if you have already listed on the MLS.
We recommend that you protect your personal data and profile, as Facebook Marketplace is filled with unsolicited buyers. Further, this platform’s reach in real estate is limited, which lowers your chances of selling your house.
6. Zillow For Sale By Owner
Zillow offers the following listing plans for home sellers:
- FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
- Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: This is the traditional way to sell your home. An agent assists you through the home sale process.
👉 Our Take: Zillow is a comprehensive real estate website that offers a variety of tools and resources for home sellers.
» Does Zillow charge for sale by owner? Click to know if it’s free or not.
You should consider these points while choosing them:
- No Fees: You can list your home on Zillow’s FSBO website free of charge.
- Free Cancellation: You can cancel your Zillow listing without any additional charges or hidden costs.
- Market Exposure: It is one of the most popular real estate websites, with millions of visitors each month. This means that your listing will be seen by a large number of potential buyers.
- Nationwide Coverage: Zillow FSBO is present in all 50 states in America.
- Easy To Use: Zillow’s website and mobile app are easy to use and navigate. Users can search for properties by location, price, features, and other criteria.
We identified several disadvantages of listing with Zillow.
- Slow Listings: Your listing can take up to 72 hours from the time you submit your property details.
- Inaccurate Zestimate: Zestimate, Zillow’s property valuation tool is often inaccurate. This misleads both buyers and sellers.
- Limited Support: Zillow’s customer support may not match the level of personalized guidance offered by other FSBO companies.
- Lead for Real Estate Agent: Your listing information gets sold to Zillow’s agents. You’ll get calls not from buyers but from agents.
- Hide FSBO Listings: Zillow hides FSBO listings behind agent listings. FSBO listings are hidden two clicks away and get almost no traffic.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website. It attracts more than 200 million visitors every month. To list your home on Zillow For Sale By Owner, all you need to do is sign up and make your free account.
As Zillow FSBO listings are not on the MLS, they have very low exposure. Additionally, all FSBO listings on Zillow are hidden in the ‘Other Listings’ tab. This has lowered the success rate of free Zillow FSBO listings drastically.
Craigslist is one of the biggest classified websites.
- FSBO Listing on Craigslist- $0: You get a FSBO listing on Craigslist. You can upload your property’s description, location, and some photos.
👉 Our Take: With Craigslist you can post your house for sale for free. However, you don’t have MLS exposure.
» Where Does Craigslist Operate: Click here to know more about Craigslist.
Here are some key pros to consider:
- User-Friendly Website: Craigslist’s website is easy to navigate. This helps you to easily create your listing and add property information.
- Free FSBO Listing: Most of the FSBO sellers who opt to advertise on Craigslist do it to save up on the agent’s commission.
- Good for Distressed Property: Craigslist is a great platform for distressed properties. This is mainly because many cash buyers, house flippers, and investors keep track of listings on Craigslist.
- Huge Traffic: According to Similarweb, Craigslist is the most visited classified website in the USA.
Here are a few cons to keep in mind:
- Lowball Offer: Customers have reported that buyers on Craigslist make lowball offers.
- Scammers and Pranksters: Craigslist is infamous for being a playground for scammers. Many people who list their homes on Craigslist get unsolicited calls from scammers posing as buyers.
- Short Lifespan of Ads: Craigslist ads are listed in reverse chronological order, the newest ones always have the most prominence.
Craigslist is the biggest classifieds website in the U.S. In terms of traffic, it is the second most visited website with more than 140 million monthly visitors.
While Craigslist can give your listing decent exposure, it can also attract scammers and fraud cash house buyers. Hence, we recommend that you put very limited information about your property and request identification from anyone who makes an offer.
Here’s a quick recap of the best FSBO websites:
Reviews: America’s Best FSBO Websites
We’ve reviewed the best paid and free For Sale By Owner Websites in 2023
Alternatives to For Sale By Owner Websites in Montana
If you think selling your house yourself in Montana is too complicated for you, here are some other options you can consider:
- Discount Broker or Low Commission Agent: If you want to save on agent commission, a low-commission real estate agent offers you the same services for a lower commission rate. Likewise, a flat rate or Montana discount real estate broker offers all the services for a discounted flat rate. An agent will assist you from list to close, including negotiations and paperwork.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- Cash Home Buyer: Montana cash home buyers make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. These companies help you skip the hassle that a real estate transaction involves.
- iBuyer: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad are known to offer a property’s FMV in the past. However, in 2023’s slow market, many iBuyers are predicted to offer significantly less for your home than retail buyers.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
What is the Best For Sale By Owner Website in Montana?
The best For Sale By Owner website in Montana will list your home on the MLS for a reasonable price, in the least time, and provide timely assistance. That’s why we recommend Houzeo as the best For Sale By Owner website to list your home.
Houzeo’s Montana Flat Fee MLS Listing plan will list your home within 24 to 48 hours. Further, with the Gold Package, you get access to cutting-edge tools like Offers Dashboard, Showings Management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
Free For Sale By Owner listing sites gives a boost to your listing, by reaching the maximum prospective buyers. To get the best exposure and sell your house fast, we recommend you target MLS as well as other free FSBO listing sites.
- ✍️ Is Houzeo Legit? Yes, Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have.
Check out how Houzeo works in this video:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Reviews: Find out what customers have to say about Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I list my home For Sale By Owner in Montana?
You can list your house For Sale By Owner with Flat Fee MLS services like Houzeo.com, FSBO.com, Montana Flat Fee Realty, and more. Your home will be listed on the MLS, the most powerful tool to market your home for sale.
2. What is the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service in Montana?
Houzeo.com is the best FSBO listing site, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on popular review websites like Google and Trustpilot.
3. Where can I list my house For Sale By Owner for free in Montana?
4. How to sell your house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
5. What is the best MLS listing site?
Houzeo.com is the best MLS listing site, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on popular review websites like Google and Trustpilot.
Related: best for sale by owner sites Montana, websites to sell houses in Montana, best site for fsbo Montana, for sale by owner web sites Montana, Montana home sale by owner websites, best website for sale by owner homes Montana, websites to list homes for sale by owner Montana, best fsbo site Montana, top for sale by owner websites Montana, websites to list house for sale by owner Montana, best fsbo listing site Montana, best for sale by owner mls listing service, websites for sale by owner, largest for sale by owner website, list by owner, for sale websites.
fsbo websites Montana, for sale by owner websites Montana, where to list home for sale by owner Montana, best for sale by owner website Montana, websites to list homes for sale by owner Montana, where to list for sale by owner Montana, best place to list home for sale by owner Montana, where to list a house for sale by owner Montana, sale by owner sites Montana, best website to sell house by owner Montana, best place to list for sale by owner Montana, fsbo sites Montana, free sites to sell your home Montana, free fsbo websites Montana, where can i list my home for sale for free Montana