» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | Discount Brokers to Avoid | Everything to Know about Discount Real Estate Brokers in Florida | Ways to get Discounted Realtor Fees | Alternatives | Why Discount Brokers? | How Houzeo Works | Final Word | FAQs
Compared to last year, the number of houses sold in Florida dropped by 25.8% in July 2022. In this difficult market, finding the right discount real estate broker in Florida can help you save thousands of dollars in commissions and make your sale hassle-free.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Florida
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Florida
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Homesellers
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Homebuyers
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms. Their discount broker services combined with a great user interface make them one of the top real estate companies.
For Home Sellers:
- Sell for 1.5% Listing Agent Commission: In addition to the “Full Service” Redfin package (1.5 percent listing commission), there is a “Concierge” plan with a 2 percent listing commission.
- Time to List: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on the MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24-48 hours.
- Average Customer Reviews: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service due to the high volume of clients.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: In some states, Redfin rebates a portion of its commission to home buyers.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros & Alternatives!
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Can take up to 18 days to list on MLS
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Below-average customer service
- Limited real estate agent selection (according to negative Redfin reviews)
- Redfin serves a lot of clients at the same time, so they may not provide personalized attention to each of them
Redfin has an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets, giving it near-nationwide coverage.
SimpleShowing, like any other low cost real estate broker, matches sellers with a real estate agents.
SimpleShowing for Home Sellers
- Agent Matching: The hi-tech brokerage matches sellers with local Realtors and charges a 1% listing fee instead of the traditional 3%. The company works on the model of minimum listing agents. This may be a benefit for the firm but it surely is a compromise on quality.
- Self-Tour Lockbox: For an additional $995, SimpleShowing offers the Self-Tour Lockbox which lets verified buyers tour your property without a buyer’s agent. With an unrepresented buyer, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Additional Services: With SimpleShowing you get access to various services like listing on MLS, professional photographer, home valuation, and much more.
SimpleShowing for Home Buyers
- In-person Support: From recommending suitable properties to writing up a contract and carrying out negotiations, SimpleShowing offers all the services that a traditional agent does.
- Mobile App: Buyers can schedule showings on their mobile app.
- Buyer Refund: If you hire SimpleShowing as your buyer agent, you will get half of the buyer agent’s commission as closing cost credit. This reduces the amount that you are expected to pay at closing.
👉 Our Take: SimpleShowing is not at all a cost-effective discount real estate brokerage. Its services don’t stand out and the additional charges for a premium lockbox increase the seller’s cost instead of decreasing it. As for the buyers, the company prefers working with the ones that are close to purchasing, which means they don’t have a lot to offer to buyers who have just started house hunting.
» Flat Fee MLS: Sell your house with a Flat Fee MLS company instead!
- Qualified agents
- Low listing fee when compared with competitors
- Mobile App
- Marginal savings
- Limited real estate agents
- Compromise on quality because of less number of agents
- Average customer support
- Restricted coverage
SimpleShowing has an average rating of on Google.
SimpleShowing offers its services in the following areas:
Florida: Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale
Texas: Dallas, Fort Worth
Georgia: Atlanta, Savannah
Houwzer is a low commission real estate brokerage based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They are a certified B Corporation, meaning they are an organization that is committed to solving social and environmental problems.
Houwzer for Home Sellers
- Flat rate: Houwzer charges a $5,000 flat fee. This low commission Realtor is ideal for homes with a value above $1M.
- Buy & Sell Bundle: Sellers who opt to purchase a property along with selling their house with Houwzer get a transferable refund of $2,500 on the $5,000 flat fee.
- Convenience Offer: Sellers opting for Houwzer’s Convenience Offer will receive a cash offer from them. This will not only get them better offers from other prospective buyers, but also pre-qualify them for a mortgage on their home purchase.
Houwzer for Home Buyers
- Buyside® platform: Houwzer’s Buyside® platform allows buyers to view listings before they go live on the market.
- Cash Advantage: Houwzer empowers buyers to make a cash offer on a house using Houwzer’s funds. The buyers should be pre-approved by Houwzer Mortgage to avail the cash advantage option.
- Houwzer Rebate: Buyers who purchase a property from Houwzer and later sell their old property with Houwzer are eligible for the Houwzer Rebate, reducing their listing fee from $5,000 to $2,500.
👉 Our Take: If you’re looking for a low commission real estate brokerage that’s easy on the wallet for high-valued properties, Houwzer is a good option for you.
» Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out other low cost real estate brokerages before making your decision.
- Low listing fee for high value homes
- Good listing speed
- Versatile add-on features
- $2,500 rebate when the property is sold and bought from the platform
- Not ideal for low priced homes
- Degraded customer service quality due to high customer volume
- No personalized support
- Limited coverage
- Average technology
Houwzer is rated an average of 4 out of 5 on Yelp.
Houwzer covers only Florida, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
Redefy is a full service real estate brokerage that aims to make the real estate process cost-effective and transparent for home sellers and buyers.
Redefy for Home Sellers
- Listing Fee: Redefy charges a flat rate of $3,500. When a house is sold for more than $1 million, the platform gets more expensive. In this case, the listing fee is 1% of the total sale price.
- Seller Assistance: The company does provide in-house support which helps sellers with accurate pricing and other features like staging the home, etc.
- Inconsistent agent quality: Redefy works on a team-based model rather than a one-agent policy. It is where limited agents cater to a large volume of customers. This poses a risk to service quality.
Redefy for Home Buyers
- Agent Support: Buyers opting to purchase with Redefy are guided by agents throughout the process. Right from recommending relevant properties to negotiating and closing, the Redefy agents will do it all.
- Home Search Feature: Buyers looking for houses on Redefy’s website can browse by city, county or subdivision. By using advanced filters like Price, Property Type and Property Features, buyers can easily look for suitable houses.
- Buying a New Build: If you don’t find the right house for yourself from the listed properties, Redefy also offers the option to buy a newly built house.
- Mortgage Calculator: Redefy’s Mortgage Calculator allows you to estimate your overall mortgage, inclusive of insurance and taxes.
👉 Our Take: Redefy works on the multiple agent model. They have a field agent who meets clients and an in-house agent for customer service. Since there is no single point of contact, the quality of service is severely affected.
» How To List on MLS: See how you can list on the MLS without a Realtor.
- Decent listing fee for low-value homes
- In-house support
- Average customer service quality due to high customer volume
- Limited coverage
- A non-refundable deposit of $500
Redefy is rated 4.5 out of 5 on Yelp.
Redefy covers only Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
» How To Sell My House Fast In Florida: Check out the best options to sell your Florida home fast
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”, but in reality they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors in Florida. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate Reviews: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
Everything You Should Know About Selling with Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies
What are Discount/ Low Commission Real Estate Brokers & Companies?
Discount real estate brokers or low commission real estate agents are real estate agents that provide specific services for a discounted fee. Instead of charging the seller a standard agent commission of 3% (listing agent commission), a low cost realtor will work for less (such as a 1%-2% commission or a pre-defined flat fee) and provide restricted services. The reduced fee can easily save sellers a good amount of money.
Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
Types of Low-Cost Realtors
Low commission real estate agents come in 4 distinct flavors.
1. Flat Fee MLS Brokers
A flat fee MLS listing company or service is nothing but a registered real estate agent with a low commission or discounted broker/that lists your home on the MLS for an upfront flat fee.
The seller and the broker agree on a la carte services, and the broker takes a flat fee instead of a percentage of the home’s sale price. Say you want to sell a $500,000 home. A traditional agent will charge you between 2% and 3% of the sale price for selling a house in Florida. That’s 15 grand!
With a flat-fee model, you’ll pay an average of $300, which includes listing and marketing. Even if you choose to add services like pricing and buyer negotiations, you will still save money.
Want Traditional Realtor’s Service With Minimal Interaction?
👉 Houzeo makes it possible!
Houzeo offers competitive deals with a 100% online presence and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat-fee, and no commission for all DIY plans.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida: Top 7!
2. Virtual Full-Service Agents
Think of everything a traditional agent does, from listing your property, marketing it, pricing it, negotiating with buyers, and closing it.
An online discount broker- full service does all that – online. Because of their cloud-based presence, they have many advantages such as lesser fees, discounted commissions, and much better management and marketing support. Many MLS listing companies like Houzeo, also provide full service options that are 100% online.
- ✍️ SAVE: A virtual full service company will not provide any in-person agent support, meaning, you will have to take over most of the groundwork. It may not be the best option for a first time seller.
3. Flat Rate Low Commission
You can choose a low commission (flat rate) agent in some markets. For a flat fee of $3,000 to $6,000, the agent will sell your home. The flat rate is usually based on how much the house is worth and how well the agent does their job. In this case, there is no percentage listing fee. Everything has a fixed price. Homie is one of the best examples of a real estate broker with a flat rate listing of $3500 and a low commission rate. Since Homie doesn’t offer as many services as a full-service real estate agent, it can easily make up for the lower prices it charges.
Think about the following situation: The price on the list is $450,000. With a flat rate model, the agent’s commission fee stays the same no matter what happens, even if you agree to sell your home for less money. This is because it is a flat rate that doesn’t depend on how much the house is sold for.
Before you opt for a flat fee realty in Florida, you should find out what kind of service you can expect from the company. Make sure you’ve read the contract all the way through before you sign it. Some services, like consultation, professional photography, yard signs, and other marketing materials might be included in the flat fee, but this is not guaranteed.
So, if you don’t include them in your budget, you may have to pay a lot of money out of your own pocket. Any contract with a flat-fee agent needs to be read carefully, especially the small print. Also, keep in mind that even if you use a flat-rate agent, you will still have to pay the buyer’s agent fees, which will be between 2.5 and 3 percent.
4. Discounted Commission Full-Service Real Estate Agents
Full-service discount brokers offer many of the same services as traditional realtors for a low listing fee or flat rate, but they don’t charge as much. When a house is sold, they give the seller money back in the form of a discount on their commissions. This is why flat real estate brokers in Florida are one of the best options for sellers, as they offer a range of services at a great value.
For example, if a full-service discount broker charges 1.5 percent of the sale price instead of the standard 2.5 percent of the sale price on a $450,000 house, you will save $4,500 in commissions. There are many discount real estate brokers, but they are not all the same.
Some have a lot more value and a lot less risk than others. But in most businesses, you have to take what you can get. All of these things could happen if there aren’t many services, if there’s less support, if agents don’t have much experience, and if there’s not much to choose from.
👍 BETTER IN ALL – AGENTS, SERVICES & SAVINGS!
Why pay a higher commission for a lower service? With Houzeo you can get better services at an affordable price!!
Discount Real Estate Brokers in Florida Cities & Counties
We reviewed some of the best discount real estate brokers offering full service in cities and counties of Florida. As these brokerages are based in the respective cities or their counties, their expertise in those respective regions will help you sell your home fast in Florida. With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee listing Florida discount brokerages, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Jacksonville||The commission charged by traditional real estate companies in Jacksonville, Florida is pretty expensive. Here are the best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Jacksonville, FL. |
» Check Out: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Jacksonville, FL
|Naples||Discount Real Estate Brokerages in Naples offer full service representation at a great value. |
» Check Out: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Naples, FL
|Marco Island||Full-Service Discount Real Estate Brokers in Marco Island offer maximum exposure for your home while charging your lower commission. |
» Check Out: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Marco Island, Florida
|Pasco County||Discount Real Estate Brokers will help you save thousands of dollars in seller commission and get your house listed on Pasco County MLS while offering you a range of services |
» Check Out: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Pasco County, FL
|Fort Lauderdale||Discount Real Estate Brokers in Fort Lauderdale, FL offer packages that help home sellers sell their house at low commission. |
» Check Out: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
|Panama City Beach||Full-Service Discount Real Estate Brokers in Panama City Beach, FL not only charge low seller commissions, but also represent you through your entire home selling experience. |
» Check Out: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Panama City Beach, Florida
|Sarasota||Discount Real Estate Brokers in Sarasota can help home sellers in listing their properties and selling it effectively without the intervention of a real estate agent. |
» Check Out: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Sarasota, FL
4 More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Are you a good negotiator? In fact, commissions in the real estate industry can be negotiated. Even if the company is a flat-rate discounter, you can always ask for a few minor tweaks. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how:
Average Area Commission
Know your leverage before negotiating. For example, Florida’s average real estate commission is 5.40% which is lower than the national average. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible but once you know your reference point, negotiating can be a lot easier.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount realty in Florida to buy and sell has its own set of advantages. It makes you more likely to be repeat customers, giving you more chances to get refunds and cheaper commissions. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company.
Pick the right type of discount broker
For example, picking a flat rate discount broker may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will wind up losing more, instead, for maximum savings, you can pick a flat fee MLS company.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee. This can further help lower seller closing costs in Florida.
» Seller Closing Costs in Florida: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
How to choose a Low commission/ Discount Real Estate Broker, Brokerage, or Company?
To find a low-commission real estate agent or a discount realtor, look for a low-commission brand. Check for services and top companies. You will be assigned a low-commission real estate agent based on brokerage policies. As a seller, you can choose the right broker. Then you can use the chosen broker.
Low Commission Real Estate Agents/ Discount Realtors Who Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a flat fee realtor in Florida, you would want to know its coverage. All the low commission real estate agent providers do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage while some are restricted to a few states.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
Alternatives to Discount/Low Commission Real Estate Agents
A traditional agent assists you in buying, selling, renting, and all other aspects of real estate. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Let’s get down to business with their commissions. The average overall commission fee for selling a home is 5%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes on a regular basis and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in the sale and marketing of their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
» Realtors in Florida: Top 10 You Need To Know About!
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs, which can potentially total up to a staggering 17 percent!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» Companies That Buy Houses For Cash In Florida: The top 13 companies!
For Sale By Owner
As the term indicates, a for sale by owner property is one that is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly. FSBO is ideal for sellers with some experience with the selling process and marketing. The best way to FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents all throughout the country, allowing it to sell faster and with the most exposure possible.
» How To Sell A House By Owner In Florida: 2022 Updates!
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or flat fee realtor in Florida will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Florida.
|Traditional Agent |
If the seller has to pay a lower sum in commission, they may reduce the overall price of the house, making the property that much more inexpensive to buy.
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Let’s Find Out How Houzeo Works
Real estate bargain brokers fall midway between a for-sale-by-owner and a full-service agency. With MLS listing packages starting at $349 and cutting-edge technology that allows you to manage your property, review offers, counter, and manage showings online and via their mobile app, Houzeo delivers the best of both worlds.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
There are a number of low-cost discount real estate brokers in Florida today that provide unique features at a great value. For a seller, it is recommended to look for pointers like listing fees, listing time, services offered, customer service, coverage, and technology before selecting a Florida discount realtor.
» Seller Disclosures in Florida: A Comprehensive Guide!
Resources for Selling Your Florida Home
Selling your house involves various steps like pricing, marketing, negotiating, paperwork, etc. Check out our comprehensive guide for selling your house in Florida.
Selling a house as is in Florida means that the buyer would accept your Florida home in its existing condition. Read further to know more.
It is important to choose right real estate company when dealing in real estate transactions. Thus, we have compiled a list of top 10 real estate companies in Florida for you.
We have compiled and reviewed the Best Real Estate Websites in Florida for property transactions and real estate in Florida in 2022.
Are you finding it hard to understand sellers disclosure Florida? Here’s our guide to make your house selling endeavor easier!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who pays realtor fees in Florida?
Generally, it is the seller who pays the realtor fees for both the seller and the buyer agent. Having said that, there are no laws that mandate this.
2. Are realtor fees negotiable in Florida?
Listing fees for traditional agents are usually between 2.5% and 3% of the price you get for your home. But realtor fees can be negotiated, so it's a good idea to look around and try to get a lower rate.
3. What percentage do most realtors charge in Florida?
In Florida, the average commission for a real estate agent is 6%. But this number can be anywhere from 5 percent to 7 percent. This means that the real estate commission on a $300,000 home sale will be $18,000.
4. Who pays the closing costs in Florida?
Even though taxes, fees, lender charges, and insurance all add up, neither party usually pays for all of the closing costs in full. Instead, the seller will usually pay between 5% and 10% of the sales price, and the buyer will pay between 3% and 4% of the sales price.